PDA

View Full Version : APP - Cheney might spill the beans!

Jarod
08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Cheney says he will talk in his upcoming book... pointing out that

"the statute of limitations has passed on many of the secrets"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32398177/ns/politics-washington_post/

What do you think that means? Is he saying they committed crimes? Thats what it sounds like!!!

I knew Cheney was pissed at Bush, but did not think he might go this far?

Any thoughts?

Damocles
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Not until I read the book. From what I've heard it speaks on how he was disappointed Bush became more conciliatory in his second term and distanced himself from Cheney. We'll see what he comes up with, I'm looking forward to reading it.

meme
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Boy, that would make him a HERO to the left then..and that would be funny as hell..

Jarod
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Not until I read the book. From what I've heard it speaks on how he was disappointed Bush became more conciliatory in his second term and distanced himself from Cheney. We'll see what he comes up with, I'm looking forward to reading it.

But they dont have statutes of limitations on disappointments do they?

Jarod
08-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Boy, that would make him a HERO to the left then..and that would be funny as hell..

He would not be my hero. He would, most likely, be saying ya, we broke the law, but it was the right thing to do, and we should have broken it worse.

meme
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
He would not be my hero. He would, most likely, be saying ya, we broke the law, but it was the right thing to do, and we should have broken it worse.

I doubt that, but it never hurts to have a dream..:)

uscitizen
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
I figure nothing new, just a way to prop up book sales.
He will likely elaborate a bit on some things we already knew.

Damocles
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
But they dont have statutes of limitations on disappointments do they?
They do on Presidential information. It stays classified for specific period (statute of limitations), it's part of the FOIA.

SmarterthanYou
08-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Cheney has enough money. I won't be giving him any more of mine by purchasing his hyped up book of shit we already know about.

uscitizen
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
DAMN! Second time this month I have agreed with STU.

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2009, 12:17 PM

What do you think that means? Is he saying they committed crimes? Thats what it sounds like!!!

Any thoughts?

no way, I've seen the commercials....the Bush family secret recipe is not for sale....http://www.bushbeans.com/images/home_grillin/dukesdoghouse.jpg

belme1201
08-13-2009, 01:01 PM
They do on Presidential information. It stays classified for specific period (statute of limitations), it's part of the FOIA.

I thought that as VP, Cheney fell under no laws, according to him. If so, isn't the SoL meaningless?

Damocles
08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I thought that as VP, Cheney fell under no laws, according to him. If so, isn't the SoL meaningless?
No, the VP is specifically listed in that same legislation as to follow the exact same rules as the POTUS.

I understand the sarcasm, but there is nothing that says it means there is something illegal, the classification falls off after a specific period when they leave office.

belme1201
08-13-2009, 01:09 PM

It's hype. One thing that, knowing Cheney, will be found in the book rarely, is
honesty. He remains one of the least admired men in the world.

belme1201
08-13-2009, 01:14 PM
No, the VP is specifically listed in that same legislation as to follow the exact same rules as the POTUS.

I understand the sarcasm, but there is nothing that says it means there is something illegal, the classification falls off after a specific period when they leave office.

I meant no sarcasm, I merely stated Cheney's own position on the place of the VP under Constitutional Law.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:40 PM

Any thoughts?Yea, he wants to make a lot of money selling a book. Do you really think he's going to revel anything of substance?

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Exactly.

christiefan915
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM

The reptilian dick cheney will never be a hero to the left.

Report: Cheney Says Bush Went Soft

WASHINGTON (Aug. 13) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney believes his old boss, President George W. Bush, gradually turned away from his advice during their second term in the White House, showing a surprising independence as he started taking more flexible positions on a range of issues, The Washington Post reported Wednesday...

...the former vice president believes Bush made concessions to public sentiment, something Cheney views as moral weakness. After years of praising Bush as a man of resolve, Cheney now intimates that the former president turned out to be more like an ordinary politician in the end, Gellman says...

Entire article: http://news.aol.com/article/dick-cheney-ignored-by-george-w-bush/616243

christiefan915
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Cheney has enough money. I won't be giving him any more of mine by purchasing his hyped up book of shit we already know about.

OMG, I agree with you. :eek:

Cypress
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Any thoughts?

he just wants to sell books. Period.

uscitizen
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Will he tell why he shot his friend in the face?

Jarod
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Ya, its likely just to sell books. But would it not be great if his fued with Bush led him to give detales of some of those conversations...!

Mott the Hoople
08-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe he'll fool us all and publish a book on developing alternative fuels or a book on gun safety?

Damocles
08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
The reptilian dick cheney will never be a hero to the left.

Report: Cheney Says Bush Went Soft

WASHINGTON (Aug. 13) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney believes his old boss, President George W. Bush, gradually turned away from his advice during their second term in the White House, showing a surprising independence as he started taking more flexible positions on a range of issues, The Washington Post reported Wednesday...

...the former vice president believes Bush made concessions to public sentiment, something Cheney views as moral weakness. After years of praising Bush as a man of resolve, Cheney now intimates that the former president turned out to be more like an ordinary politician in the end, Gellman says...

Entire article: http://news.aol.com/article/dick-cheney-ignored-by-george-w-bush/616243
See? Please check my first post.... Cheney is going to "shock" the world on how Bush separated himself and became too conciliatory.

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 07:16 PM
OMG, I agree with you. :eek:

I might buy it at a garage sale!

uscitizen
08-15-2009, 07:56 PM
I might buy it at a garage sale!

could make a good target if it has his pic on the cover.

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
could make a good target if it has his pic on the cover.

Good way to scare children into being good!