PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks until NCAA Football begins!

WinterBorn
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
We are less than a month from the beginning of college football!

My Crimson Tide is currently ranked at #5 in the USA TODAY polls and #6 in the AP & Coaches polls.

FL Gators are #1 picked to repeat as National Champs. LSU and Ole Miss are also ranked in the Top 10.

This means 4 out of 10 are SEC teams, and half of the SEC western division are ranked in the top 10.

Its gonna be a great season. Terrence Cody has lost weight and is stronger than he was last year. Rolando McClain is one of the top linebackers in the nation. Javier Arenas is ready to score on any kick return. And Julio Jones is one of the best receivers out there.

Its gonna be a killer season.

Mott the Hoople
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
The Buckeys are a preseason #6. If they beat USC and Penn St, they will probably play in the national championship game.

WinterBorn
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
The Buckeys are a preseason #6. If they beat USC and Penn St, they will probably play in the national championship game.

They don't have much else on their schedule that will stop them. And Penn State has only the Buckeyes.

Unless something serious happens, I think it will be somebody playing the Gators.

Topspin
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
How the fuck does bama not play Florida. Who is there toughest game?

WinterBorn
08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
How the fuck does bama not play Florida. Who is there toughest game?

We'll play Florida in Atlanta in December.

We play Ole Miss at Oxford. And we play LSU at Baton Rouge.

cawacko
08-10-2009, 07:40 PM
It's Florida with the weak schedule. Three cupcake non-conference games and FSU. And they don't play Alabama or Ole Miss in conference. WTF?

WinterBorn
08-11-2009, 04:13 AM
It's Florida with the weak schedule. Three cupcake non-conference games and FSU. And they don't play Alabama or Ole Miss in conference. WTF?

FL will see one of those, most likely Bama, in the SEC Championship game. But their nonconference schedule is nothing but creampuffs.

Topspin
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM

wtf, usc is in a high school conference and your talking about fl schedule. Please

Topspin
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM

We play Ole Miss at Oxford. And we play LSU at Baton Rouge.

you'll lose both of those games

WinterBorn
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
you'll lose both of those games

LOL! Not a chance. Tough games, but we will win.

Our defense will stop both Ole Miss and LSU.

Topspin
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
and your QB with ZERO starts is going to go on the road in the SEC and beat two top ten teams. OK got it.

WinterBorn
08-11-2009, 08:38 AM
and your QB with ZERO starts is going to go on the road in the SEC and beat two top ten teams. OK got it.

A QB that has been learning the game. A QB with a killer running game behind him and one of the best receivers in college football. Yep, thats exactly what I mean.

He isn't going to be asked to throw for 1,000 yards a game. He is expected to manage the game and not make mistakes. That is all we had last year.

Besides, LSU's QB isn't exactly ready for the Heisman race.

Topspin
08-11-2009, 08:44 AM
A QB that has been learning the game. A QB with a killer running game behind him and one of the best receivers in college football. Yep, thats exactly what I mean.

He isn't going to be asked to throw for 1,000 yards a game. He is expected to manage the game and not make mistakes. That is all we had last year.

Besides, LSU's QB isn't exactly ready for the Heisman race.

2 things, JPW sucked and this dude sat behind him forever
did you see LSU vs GA tech?

Topspin
08-11-2009, 08:45 AM
You do have God coaching you though.

WinterBorn
08-11-2009, 08:48 AM
2 things, JPW sucked and this dude sat behind him forever
did you see LSU vs GA tech?

I did see LSU vs GaTech. But the GATech defense and the Tide defense are worlds apart.

We return 8 starters on one of the top defenses in 2008. And those starters have had another year of Saban's genius.

Besides, unless Cody is injured, no one is going to run successfully against us. That means they will have to pass.

Topspin
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
you guys are that good #5
and Saban is better than you think
I hope your QB is weak because the rest of your team in NC caliber.
I think you guys we're over confident against Utah

WinterBorn
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
you guys are that good #5
and Saban is better than you think
I hope your QB is weak because the rest of your team in NC caliber.
I think you guys we're over confident against Utah

I think Saban is, handsdown, the best coach in college football.

Our QB is not going to win with his arm. But he shouldn't do stupid things to lose the game either.

I don't want to take anything away from Utah, but we were down and didn't expect a real game against them. They were excited to be playing in the Sugar Bowl and it showed.

Saban has spent the last 8 months preaching FINISH.

Topspin
08-12-2009, 05:11 AM
where is the VT game? They are ranked 7th with an experience mobile QB

WinterBorn
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM
where is the VT game? They are ranked 7th with an experience mobile QB

The game is in Atlanta just like last years game with Clemson.

Yeah, they have a mobile QB, but he is not much of a passer (or wasn't last year). They run the ball a lot. Bama can stop that.

What worries me is their defensive line against our inexperienced offensive line.

Topspin
08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
your right,
their secondary is usually good.

WinterBorn
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
your right,
their secondary is usually good.

Their entire defense is excellent. And they have a defensive lineman (Woirld or something like that) that is one of the best at getting into the backfield.

It should be an excellent game.

Nothing like starting your season with a tough opponent.

Topspin
08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I you bring the same intensity as vs Clemson VT is done.

WinterBorn
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I you bring the same intensity as vs Clemson VT is done.

Last year they wanted to prove something. This year they have to prove that last year wasn't a fluke. And the shit they have gotten for the last two games should bring the same intensity.

I think Saban will make sure they are intense. He damn sure will be.

cawacko
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Florida's schedule:

1) Charleston Southern (who???)

2) Troy (really?)

3) Tennessee (Kiffen is acquiring talent but they are a year or two away)

4) Kentucky (this is football not basketball)

5) LSU (obviously their biggest game of the regular season)

6) Arkansas (good a few years back, they are nothing now)

7) Mississippi State (noted powerhouse)

8) Georgia (always a good team will have challenges replacing departed studs)

9) Vanderbilt - (the one academic school in the SEC)

10) South Carolina - (not much there)

11) Florida International (really???)

12) Florida State (a rivalry game but FSU hasn't been good for a decade)

4 non-conference games - all at home

8 home games - 4 road games

@ LSU will be the big one

Georgia will be a good game at the swamp

Pathetic schedule!

Topspin
08-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Cawacko better chech your high school conference ranking before trashing fla. The gators would ass rape USC.

cawacko
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Cawacko better chech your high school conference ranking before trashing fla. The gators would ass rape USC.

LOL! That's why I love you Top.

You can't respond because you know what I'm saying is true. What a piece of sh*t schedule!

Topspin
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Cawacko sec had 4 teams in the top ten. PAC 10 high school conf had 1 USC at 4. USC would lose 3 a year in the sec.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 07:12 PM
The rating system sucks, although Bama is a tuff team I am not sure they are worthy of a #5 position, and the SEC always gets ranked high, what was GA last year before the season, first or second if I remember right, I wish they had a play off system I would of loved to of seen USC vs FL last year it would of been a much better championship game.

I am a Ga fan but honestly don't care who wins, college football is great cause on any given Saturday any team can win

cawacko
08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Cawacko sec had 4 teams in the top ten. PAC 10 high school conf had 1 USC at 4. USC would lose 3 a year in the sec.

Right now Florida plays:

#9 @LSU
#13 Georgia
#19 Florida State

USC plays:

#6 @Ohio State
#12 @California
#14 @Oregon
#23 @Notre Dame
#25 Oregon State

Any questions?

Buffalo Soldier
08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
USC in no way deserved a shot. At 4 they were way over rated. Ga may have under performed thier talent level last year but Rict has done a good job year in and year out. These things go in cycles. It's the sec n top for thre last decade. The big ten used to be a lot better. The big 12 is looking like they could be the next conferece to rule. Only the toe Fu ten hasn't been on top.

Buffalo Soldier
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Why u cherry picking fla, there schedule is usually tougher and you know I. The toe Fu ten has more ap voters. Like last year cal and Oregon will fold.

Buffalo Soldier
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Only lou holtz thinks nd can beat sc. No real football fan thinks they are 23. Navy beat them, syracuses basketball team beat them.

WinterBorn
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
USC in no way deserved a shot. At 4 they were way over rated. Ga may have under performed thier talent level last year but Rict has done a good job year in and year out. These things go in cycles. It's the sec n top for thre last decade. The big ten used to be a lot better. The big 12 is looking like they could be the next conferece to rule. Only the toe Fu ten hasn't been on top.

Thats why I think Bama will do well this year. We stopped Moreno last year. And basically wiped the field with GA. The SEC Championship was a tough loss, but we were in it till the end of the 4th qtr.

The Sugar Bowl was sad, but will provide plenty of inspiration for this season.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Mark Rict is the dirties coach in college football,when they played FL and Tebowwas hurt he had his team taking shots at his shoulder all night, it is the only reason they won, then when he had the whole team run to the end zone after the first touch down, wow that teaches the kids good sportsmanship, guess I am old fashion, I like the idea education first then sports and you should conduct yourself as a adult while playing, Paterno could teach allot of these new coaches some class, USC had a awesome defense, and there offense speaks for itself, I am not sure but what did they lose 1 game last year?

And as for the SEC and the last 3 decades lol, I must of missed that, but yes you are right it does go in cycles, look at N.D. what do they have like 7 championships and can't hardly win a game

cawacko
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Right now Florida plays:

#9 @LSU
#13 Georgia
#19 Florida State

USC plays:

#6 @Ohio State
#12 @California
#14 @Oregon
#23 @Notre Dame
#25 Oregon State

Any questions?

No cherry picking here, it's this years schedule. Florida plays 1 ranked road team. USC plays 4. Florida plays zero non-conference games outside of their state. They'll be number one until they get beat but their schedule is weak!

Buffalo Soldier
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Jeff dinasors think your old fashion. I think richt has a ton of class a lot more that Carrol or myer. Cawack cal fades every year so does Oregon. I'll bet what ever you want the PAC ten has less ranked teams at the end of the year. California has the most ap voters. If you don't see it your on petes nut sack wat too much.

cawacko
08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Jeff dinasors think your old fashion. I think richt has a ton of class a lot more that Carrol or myer. Cawack cal fades every year so does Oregon. I'll bet what ever you want the PAC ten has less ranked teams at the end of the year. California has the most ap voters. If you don't see it your on petes nut sack wat too much.

The freaking Pac 10 chooses to play all other nine conference teams during the year. So that means only three non-conference games each as opposed to say the SEC (or all other conferences) which only play 8 conference games. So therefore instead of scheduling a cupcake or Division I-AA school for an easy win the Pac 10 plays a conference team thereby guaranteeing itself as a conference five more losses.

What the Pac 10 ought to do is what the Big 12 and SEC do which is basically play 4 cupcakes so every school starts conference play with a 4-0 record. Then all the pundits talk about how great the conference is with all these undefeated teams. That's how they play the game.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM

LOL, might be , But I live in GA about 20 mins from Athens and people are getting sick of Richt, but you know how that is if he turns it around he will be a hero again, but again I think ya need to teach these kids, ya say thats to old fashion, well how many of GA players are super stars in the pro's, Herschel Walker for a great for a trade to to buy a team in Dallas, as I said I am a GA fan, but not a Richt fan

WinterBorn
08-13-2009, 04:40 AM
The freaking Pac 10 chooses to play all other nine conference teams during the year. So that means only three non-conference games each as opposed to say the SEC (or all other conferences) which only play 8 conference games. So therefore instead of scheduling a cupcake or Division I-AA school for an easy win the Pac 10 plays a conference team thereby guaranteeing itself as a conference five more losses.

What the Pac 10 ought to do is what the Big 12 and SEC do which is basically play 4 cupcakes so every school starts conference play with a 4-0 record. Then all the pundits talk about how great the conference is with all these undefeated teams. That's how they play the game.

Some teams do schedule nonconference cupcake teams. Bama starts the season against a nonconference team. But I doubt anyone would call the #7 team in the nation a cupcake.

Maybe you think none of the SEC teams play tough schedule. Bama plays 3 teams that are ranked now. After VaTech, we play one ranked team at home and one away.

And if we win the SEC West, we'll play another top team in Atlanta.

WinterBorn
08-13-2009, 05:00 AM

USC doesn't exactly have a murderous schedule. Yes, you play 9 conference games. But one of those is against a team who didn't win a single game last year! And another who only won 2 games.

And you start out with San Jose State? And playing ND might have meant something at one time. But not recently.

Every team schedules cupcakes. Its how you give your second stringers and futures starters playing time.

Topspin
08-13-2009, 05:12 AM

what you ought to do is bring in Utah and add a conference championship game. Or find a way to get half of that toi-fu conference better than hs teams.

cawacko
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
USC doesn't exactly have a murderous schedule. Yes, you play 9 conference games. But one of those is against a team who didn't win a single game last year! And another who only won 2 games.

And you start out with San Jose State? And playing ND might have meant something at one time. But not recently.

Every team schedules cupcakes. Its how you give your second stringers and futures starters playing time.

The SEC is a great conference. I'm not attempting to deny that or suggest in any way that it isn't. If I can find the list again I will post it here and it shows the caliber of out of conference opponents that the Pac 10 plays and that the SEC plays and there is no comparison.

You are correct there are a few bad teams in the Pac 10. The difference I would argue is that conference games are always tougher because you play the team every year and thus have more familiarity with each other than does a non-conference opponent who you have never or rarely ever played. How many people really thought Florida would lose at home to an unranked Ole Miss team last year for example? Crazy upsets occur more often in conference games.

Now of course I admittedly come from a pro-West Coast pro-Pac 10 bias. And I love the South for its beautiful women and college football passion. But when it comes to rankings from national pundits or even Rivals.com there has always been an anti-West Coast bias and I know Topspin likes to f around but his attitude toward the West is prevelent among many people.

Topspin
08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
No conf is as overrated as the pac 10. That's evidenced by pre and post season top tens.
USC is obviously one of the best if not the best program in History.
I've just had a chapped ass since Pete took it up the butt and tried to steal our NC.
He showed his class on the QB going pro, LOL dude gets picked like 5th and pete wants him to stay.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:44 PM

We play Ole Miss at Oxford. And we play LSU at Baton Rouge.I'm picking Ole Miss to upset the apple cart in the SEC.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Mark Rict is the dirties coach in college football,when they played FL and Tebowwas hurt he had his team taking shots at his shoulder all night, it is the only reason they won, then when he had the whole team run to the end zone after the first touch down, wow that teaches the kids good sportsmanship, guess I am old fashion, I like the idea education first then sports and you should conduct yourself as a adult while playing, Paterno could teach allot of these new coaches some class, USC had a awesome defense, and there offense speaks for itself, I am not sure but what did they lose 1 game last year?

And as for the SEC and the last 3 decades lol, I must of missed that, but yes you are right it does go in cycles, look at N.D. what do they have like 7 championships and can't hardly win a game
Damn dude, that aint dirty. That's football. You wanna were a dress and go to the ball, have at it but this is a mans game. Can't take a hit, then you shouldn't be on the field.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:51 PM

You'll have an idea of how good USC is when they play the Bucks. Regardless of what you SEC weenies think OSU is a top tier team. If USC crushes them. Watch out.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:53 PM
LOL, might be , But I live in GA about 20 mins from Athens and people are getting sick of Richt, but you know how that is if he turns it around he will be a hero again, but again I think ya need to teach these kids, ya say thats to old fashion, well how many of GA players are super stars in the pro's, Herschel Walker for a great for a trade to to buy a team in Dallas, as I said I am a GA fan, but not a Richt fan
It could be worse. You could have John Cooper as your head coach.

Mott the Hoople
08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
BTW, did ya'll hear the rumor about Pryor at OSU? Reliable sources have it he ran a 4.33 40 yd. That's 0.2 better than Vince Young. Scary thought, huh? The Bucks are going to be scary fast on offense this year. Pryor, Herron, Sensenbrenner, Smart all run sub 4.6 times.

Buffalo Soldier
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
No way in hell he ran a 4.33.
Just beat the Trojans or your sec envy will ruin your season.

Jeff
08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Damn dude, that aint dirty. That's football. You wanna were a dress and go to the ball, have at it but this is a mans game. Can't take a hit, then you shouldn't be on the field.

I played football up till I graduated HS and never was told to do the dirty shit Richt tells his players to do, so it is ok to ruin a kids career to win a conference game, lol

As for a man, lol, I have no problem there,

I watch Joe PA from Penn state I don't see him coaching that way, how many championships does Richt have? enough said, lol

Mott the Hoople
08-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I played football up till I graduated HS and never was told to do the dirty shit Richt tells his players to do, so it is ok to ruin a kids career to win a conference game, lol

As for a man, lol, I have no problem there,

I watch Joe PA from Penn state I don't see him coaching that way, how many championships does Richt have? enough said, lol
That's a good point. Joe Pa don't tolerate cheap shot artist.

WinterBorn
08-14-2009, 02:03 PM
That's a good point. Joe Pa don't tolerate cheap shot artist.

The years of Bear & Joe Pa facing off were some of the best games ever.

I think our Goalline Stand in the '79 Sugarbowl may be one of the best "gut checks" in the history of college football.

Mott the Hoople
08-14-2009, 02:40 PM
The years of Bear & Joe Pa facing off were some of the best games ever.

I think our Goalline Stand in the '79 Sugarbowl may be one of the best "gut checks" in the history of college football.Let's not get maudlin. That was then this is now. I say Ole Miss is gonna shock the nation by taking the SEC this year.

Cancel5
08-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Let's not get maudlin. That was then this is now. I say Ole Miss is gonna shock the nation by taking the SEC this year.

KU & KS, gooooooooooooooooooooooo, Kansas! Jayhawks first!

WinterBorn
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Let's not get maudlin. That was then this is now. I say Ole Miss is gonna shock the nation by taking the SEC this year.

Just wandering down memory lane.

I have no doubt Ole Miss is gonna be tough. But I think we will take'em.

Buffalo Soldier
08-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Last year was no fluke and nutt can coach. But this year they'll be the hunted instead of the hunter. I don't see them winning sec.

WinterBorn
08-18-2009, 04:25 AM
VaTech lost their starting RB to a knee injury. I hate to see anyone get hurt. And I want Bama to beat a team when they are at top form.

But this may have sealed their fate on Sept 5th. Unless their QB made HUGE improvements from last year, they won't do much against our D.

WinterBorn
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
According to Rivals.com, Bama has the #1 Nose Guard, the #2 Linebacker and the #16 Linebacker in the nation.

Its gonna be a great year.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 05:49 PM
According to Rivals.com, Bama has the #1 Nose Guard, the #2 Linebacker and the #16 Linebacker in the nation.

Its gonna be a great year.Both the starting middle linebacker and fullback at Ohio State are from my high school alma mater. The Homan brothers from tiny little Coldwater, Ohio.

Minister of Truth
08-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Both the starting middle linebacker and fullback at Ohio State are from my high school alma mater. The Homan brothers from tiny little Coldwater, Ohio.

Wow, you guys have cold water in Ohio? I guess you have more cred then I have been giving you. :pke:

Mott the Hoople
08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Wow, you guys have cold water in Ohio? I guess you have more cred then I have been giving you. :pke:
I think about every danged state in the nation has a Coldwater, Greenville and a Springfield.

Topspin
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
threed maybe your not gay based on the scarlet picture

Just beat USC mott.

Minister of Truth
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
threed maybe your not gay based on the scarlet picture

Just beat USC mott.

Maybe...

Cancel5
08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe...
Goooooooooooo Wildcats!

Minister of Truth
08-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Goooooooooooo Wildcats!

See? Now that's much more motivating than "maybe"!!! :clink:

http://www.parentsforethicalmarketing.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ax.jpg

:woot:

Cancel5
08-30-2009, 12:53 PM
See? Now that's much more motivating than "maybe"!!! :clink:

http://www.parentsforethicalmarketing.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ax.jpg

:woot:
Got any naked guys?

Minister of Truth
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Got any naked guys?

No. If I wanted one, I could just stand in front of the mirror without any clothes on. Also, naked women are way prettier.

Sorry. :)

Topspin
09-02-2009, 05:13 AM
you are def not gay!!! sweet pic thanks

WinterBorn
09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Got any naked guys?

Froggie, you ought to know that you NEVER ask for pics of naked guys on a site dominated by men.

You'll get more pics of things you didn't want to see than you can imagine.

Minister of Truth
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
you are def not gay!!! sweet pic thanks

LOL Scarlett just made another old man happy (also, Bill Murray, so you are in good company).

Its okay, she makes me happy too. :)

Topspin
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't see how any straight man can not like that.
The longer I'm in the look don't touch club the more looking I do.

Minister of Truth
09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't see how any straight man can not like that.
The longer I'm in the look don't touch club the more looking I do.

Mmmm-huh

:tv:

Mott the Hoople
09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Mmmm-huh

:tv:
He's talking about being married silly!

Minister of Truth
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
He's talking about being married silly!

Yeah, my little yellow dude is doing a whole lot of looking there. Get it?!!?

USFREEDOM911
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
LOL Scarlett just made another old man happy (also, Bill Murray, so you are in good company).

Its okay, she makes me happy too. :)

Scarlett!! :eek2:

Minister of Truth
09-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Scarlett!! :eek2:

Yes, she's gorgeous.

WinterBorn
09-27-2009, 12:08 AM

I am guessing that you have changed your opinion of our "QB with ZERO" ??

Right now he is running one of the best, most balanced offenses in college football.