PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 09

ZappasGuitar
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Draft day is getting closer.

Is anybody else a big NFL/Fantasy football fan?

Consider it an entirely different topic to discuss and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!

THE BRONCOS ARE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

Damocles
08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL. While I love the sentiment, I have a hard time believing the Broncos are going to the Superbowl. Boy I do wish it though.

SmarterthanYou
08-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm giving fantasy football a try for the first time ever this year.

and the broncos aren't making the superbowl. playoffs for sure, maybe even the afc champ game, but not superbowl.

go kyle orton!!!!!!

ZappasGuitar
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
LOL. While I love the sentiment, I have a hard time believing the Broncos are going to the Superbowl. Boy I do wish it though.

Ya gotta have faith brother!

ZappasGuitar
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM

and the broncos aren't making the superbowl. playoffs for sure, maybe even the afc champ game, but not superbowl.

go kyle orton!!!!!!

Be careful, it get's addictive!

I played in my first league back in 89, and now I play in three different leagues plus a couple online leagues, one of which costs me $500 bucks to play! You don't know how much begging to my wife I have to do to get her to let me play in the big one!

Reading that last sentence back, I now see it could be taken a couple different ways, so I humbly step back and await all the zingers.

Socrtease
08-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Ok the Denver Donkeys SUCK, Nuf said.

We should set up a fantasy league for the board like we did last year. let me know who is down and I will set it up.

ZappasGuitar
08-08-2009, 12:27 PM

We should set up a fantasy league for the board like we did last year. let me know who is down and I will set it up.

You set it up and I am in.

Socrtease
08-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I am in and my wife wants to participate. others?

ZappasGuitar
08-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I am in and my wife wants to participate. others?

Pretty sure my wife will want in also.

That's 4...how many we want? 12?

Minister of Truth
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Zappas, are you a Colorado resident?

ZappasGuitar
08-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Zappas, are you a Colorado resident?Lived in Denver/Grand Junction for 35 years, and then decided to pay back all the Texans that move to Colorado every year and ruin the state, by moving to Houston.

Socrtease
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
12 max would be good

Damocles
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
12 is about the best. 10 is the lowest amount we should do it at, but 12 is better.

BTW - I'm in.

SmarterthanYou
08-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I'll join.

Minister of Truth
08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Lived in Denver/Grand Junction for 35 years, and then decided to pay back all the Texans that move to Colorado every year and ruin the state, by moving to Houston.

Ah, I see. With Damo and Superfreak living in the Denver, you are the third member of the board to spring from that neck of the mountains.

Damocles
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Fourth, I met Beefy when he lived here in Denver.

DigitalDave
08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm good for it!

SmarterthanYou
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
LMAO

the yahoo fantasy leagues have 770+ teams dropping kyle orton from their team rosters.

wtf are those idiots thinking?

Cancel5
08-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Draft day is getting closer.

Is anybody else a big NFL/Fantasy football fan?

Consider it an entirely different topic to discuss and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!

THE BRONCOS ARE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
Who will they be playing?

I don't play myself, but Bud, and my sons are in a couple and it is great times just listening and reading the exchanges. They have their draft on Tuesday for one league.

ZappasGuitar
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM

I'm in a league on the Sporting News website. They have a free rotisserie league that everyone can join and everyone get's to pick their team from the same pool of players.

On the off chance that anyone else is interested, I will go set up the league then come back and post the league name and password so anyone who wants can join in.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm in a league on the Sporting News website. They have a free rotisserie league that everyone can join and everyone get's to pick their team from the same pool of players.

On the off chance that anyone else is interested, I will go set up the league then come back and post the league name and password so anyone who wants can join in.

I would love to try...thanks

The guys here do it and it seems like so much fun, maybe I can get good on the side and surprise them next year!

ZappasGuitar
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I would love to try...thanks

The guys here do it and it seems like so much fun, maybe I can get good on the side and surprise them next year!

Okay, here's the details.

The league name is: Just Plain Fantasy Football

You need a password to join the league, it is: libtards (all lower case)

Here's a link so anyone can join:

http://football.sportingnews.com/fantasy/scm/user/league/show?league=14182375&team=14182376

SmarterthanYou
08-27-2009, 11:33 AM

http://football.sportingnews.com/fantasy/scm/user/league/show?league=14182375&team=14182376

hmmmm, I could be interested. whens the draft?

ZappasGuitar
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
hmmmm, I could be interested. whens the draft?

There is no draft. It's what they call a rotisserie league(never understood the term) meaning everyone gets to pick their team from the same pool of players.

Everyone starts out with the same $$$ amt. You buy players. Naturally, better players cost more money, so you can't stock your whole team with studs, you gotta get lucky and find a couple Rookie/backup studs.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:05 PM
There is no draft. It's what they call a rotisserie league(never understood the term) meaning everyone gets to pick their team from the same pool of players.

Everyone starts out with the same $$$ amt. You buy players. Naturally, better players cost more money, so you can't stock your whole team with studs, you gotta get lucky and find a couple Rookie/backup studs.
Username?

Damocles
08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I'll probably join up...

ZappasGuitar
08-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Username?

When you click on the link you will need to register and create a user name.

If it doesn't redirect you back to our specific league page, then the league I created is named Just Plain Fantasy Football. Click on the Sporting News Free Salary Cap Challenge link, enter the league name when asked and it is password protected, the password is "libtards".

Cancel5
08-29-2009, 02:43 PM

Okay, I have my lineup! and I am ready to do some damnage!

Damocles
08-29-2009, 04:27 PM
My team is "Giveadamnbusted"

Cancel5
08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
My team is "Giveadamnbusted"
Oh, throwing down the gauntlet! I take your challenge!

Cancel5
08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh, throwing down the gauntlet! I take your challenge!
Oh, and great name!

ZappasGuitar
08-30-2009, 11:45 AM

We got three teams and counting...

Use the above link to get in the game!

Cancel5
08-30-2009, 11:47 AM
We got three teams and counting...

Use the above link to get in the game!
Come on gents and ladies here is your chance to have a little fun!

Cancel 2016.2
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM

go kyle orton!!!!!!

The ponies will be lucky to win 8 games this year. The AFC West is again very very weak this year. Chargers should win the division at 9-7 or maybe 10-6. Ponies and Chiefs should win about 4-5 games each, the Faiders are prepping for the number one overall draft choice in 2010.

Cancel 2016.2
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Its also called a salary cap league. I am in one of those with my brother and then in two other standard leagues.

Topspin
09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
PLayed and won many years at Texaco in my thirties. Got addicted to stock investing in my 40's and stopped the football fix.
Kyle Orton might be the worse starter in the league, Bronco's won't win 6 games.

ZappasGuitar
09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Its also called a salary cap league. I am in one of those with my brother and then in two other standard leagues.

The division I set up at SportingNews.com is free.

Go sign up and let's get some more people in the division!

YOU TOO Top...get in the game!

The division name is: Just Plain Fantasy Football

the password is: libtards

Topspin
09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Nah, I'm a football junky. I'll be hitting the 2 games tonight like a crack pipe.
But fantasy is too much time for me.

DigitalDave
09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Joined and picked my team for the first week! Better start picking cause it starts tonight!

ZappasGuitar
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Joined and picked my team for the first week! Better start picking cause it starts tonight!

Waaaaaay ahead of ya! Prepare to stare at my ample backside all season long suckas!!!!

Cancel5
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Waaaaaay ahead of ya! Prepare to stare at my ample backside all season long suckas!!!!
Be kind, I am a newbie!

Good luck all!

ZappasGuitar
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Be kind, I am a newbie!

Good luck all!

There was a game last night and the regular season is underway, but it's not too late to get into the just Plain Fantasy Football game/division!

Just get registered before the first game Sunday morning and you can get in the game!

The website is The Sporting News. Click on the fantasy football link.

Search for the division: Just Plain Fantasy Football

To enter, the password is: libtards

Get in the game and have another reason to feel you're better than others!

DigitalDave
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Hoping my cuz has a great game tonight, and the San Diego Defense gets a few turnovers.

DigitalDave
01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Yay! I winz again!

Damocles
01-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I stank because I forgot about it...

:D

Cancel 2016.2
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I stank because I forgot about it...

:D

as did I... oops...

DigitalDave
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL, oh yeah, you guys just happened to forget about it after you lose your lead. At least Zappas stuck with it...

ZappasGuitar
01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Yay! I winz again!

Be real careful with that victory now. I wouldn't want you to have an accident and end up choking on that win or anything like that!

Congrats on a well played year btw.

DigitalDave
01-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Yeah, it was a fun season. Wish there were more people playing and it was a bit different than the first time I played with some of these guys. The Salary cap thing had me monitoring every week for that diamond in the rough. When I played the first time with these guys, I picked up Marques Colston during his rookie year. This time it was more imperative to pick a guy up before he blew up to be a big deal so you could free up cash for other picks. My big picks were Fred Jackson and Miles Austin. F-Jax was totally ignored due to Marshawn Lynch, but he was a returner also, so I saw added value. I also picked him up right when Lynch was hurt and then benched. Miles Austin turned out to be one of the best receivers in the league after the catch, and racked up a ton of points for me. I picked him up the week he broke out a big game, and I had to get him. Once I made those trades, I free'd up cash to pick up consistent point makers at QB (Brett Farve then later Aaron Rodgers, Matt Schuab). The only guy that stuck the whole season through on my team was my cousin... Wes Welker. Of course the hitch in the season was when Ronnie Brown got hurt, I had to make a quick swing to Ricky Williams, and it didn't pose a problem other than it forced me to play guys during their bye week. Anyways, that was my strategy....