PDA

View Full Version : The AP

Cancel7
11-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Called Virginia for Webb just now. It's being said that top Republicans are counting days before they start pressuring Allen to concede.

The Senate always meant more to me because of the judiciary. They packed the courts all over this country with right wing freaks, but what's done is done. NOT ONE MORE.

:)

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Unless the demoncrats do good with their power, or at least convince the masses they are, the republicans will rise again.

Damocles
11-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Last night I heard that Allen Conceded as well.

Prakosh
11-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Allen has not yet conceded. In fact the canvassing is continuing through the day and Allen is widely expected to concede later in the afternoon or early evening. But this talk of conceding is all speculation since no one has heard anything from Allen himself.

Damocles
11-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Actually, the story on FoxNews specifically states that Allen said he would concede today if nothing changes. Newflash! Nothing is going to change. Allen will likely concede sometime today.

I didn't get back to this thread. I had forgotten that I posted that in two threads rather than just the one....

Prakosh
11-09-2006, 08:57 AM
So even as they are being driven from office the Republicans are still only talking to FOXSPEWS!!!!

:rolleyes:

Damocles
11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
So even as they are being driven from office the Republicans are still only talking to FOXSPEWS!!!!

:rolleyes:
Right... I doubt that. Let me see what CNN says, hmmm....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/09/election.main/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democrats could learn Thursday whether they will take control of the Senate, as a canvass of votes in Virginia shows no significant change in the small lead held by Jim Webb, sources told CNN.

A source close to Webb's Republican opponent, incumbent Sen. George Allen, said the senator "has no intention of dragging this out."

Yep, he only talked to Fox, except for CNN.

Hmmm.... Let's see what it says on ABC News...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2006/story?id=2640376&page=1

The campaign of Republican incumbent Sen. George Allen has not commented on the AP report, but sources suggest he might concede the race as early as today.

It appears that they spoke only to FoxNews and CNN and ABC... Should I keep going or do you concede that this was one of your more baseless claims so far?

Prakosh
11-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Gee who is making a baseless claim here. I said, "this talk of conceding is all speculation since no one has heard anything from Allen himself."

Meaning of course that Allen had not made any statement himself that I was aware of that he would concede.

You then claimed that "FoxNews specifically states that Allen said he would concede".

Meaning that Allen said he would concede.

Then I said he must only be talking to FOXSPEWS. Meaning Allen himself only said this to FOXSPEWS since no one else claimed to have a direct quote from Allen on this.

Then you post all this stuff saying:

"A source close to Webb's Republican opponent, incumbent Sen. George Allen, said"

and

"sources suggest he might concede the race as early as today."

But none of these other stories seem to have that all important quote from "Allen himself" that you originally attributed to FOXSPEWS.

What part of this is still unclear to you Damocles???

Damocles
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Gee who is making a baseless claim here. I said, "this talk of conceding is all speculation since no one has heard anything from Allen himself."

Meaning of course that Allen had not made any statement himself that I was aware of that he would concede.

You then claimed that "FoxNews specifically states that Allen said he would concede".

Meaning that Allen said he would concede.

Then I said he must only be talking to FOXSPEWS. Meaning Allen himself only said this to FOXSPEWS since no one else claimed to have a direct quote from Allen on this.

Then you post all this stuff saying:

"A source close to Webb's Republican opponent, incumbent Sen. George Allen, said"

and

"sources suggest he might concede the race as early as today."

But none of these other stories seem to have that all important quote from "Allen himself" that you originally attributed to FOXSPEWS.

What part of this is still unclear to you Damocles???
LOL. It is the sources close to Allen who spoke to FoxNews as well... When I said "Allen told them" I was speaking of people in his campaign, much like people say that Bush has done something when it really is somebody in his Administration....

So pretending that they spoke only to Fox was the one who was speculating....

You can try to backtrack and cover your inanity, but it was exposed. Here for all to see.

We can all look the other direction, so long as nobody is willing to check into the whole, "They only talk to Fox"spews"" stuff... Most people on the site seem willing to let that kind of stuff go. Then we find out that they talked to every danged news agency out there....