PDA

View Full Version : The 'Threat' of Gog and Magog???

signalmankenneth
08-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Juan Cole: Of course Bush did not need any pretty promises to impel him to launch desperate adventures. As the Arab Times reported, a bewildered French President Jacques Chirac told a journalist in a book published this spring that Bush had tried to enlist him in the Iraq invasion one last time in February, 2003, by emphasizing that the threat of Gog and Magog had gathered in the Middle East against the West and only overthrowing Saddam would forestall a catastrophe of biblical proportions. (See also Clive Hamilton, and James Haught, and Jacques Sterchi.

NotfooooldbyW: American soldiers have killed and been killed to end the 'threat' of Gog and Magog 'gathering' in the Middle East... Sorry Williams... I know this is depressing to learn these things.... but someone has to do something about it. And our News Media won't. So who knows?

Perhaps Idiot Spin and Hoo will embrace the Gog and Magog "THREAT" justification for invading Iraq? I hadn't heard that one until now?

Biblical Prophesy and the Iraq War
Bush, God, Iraq and Gog
By CLIVE HAMILTON

The revelation this month in GQ magazine that Donald Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary embellished top-secret wartime memos with quotations from the Bible prompts a question. Why did he believe he could influence President Bush by that means?

The answer may lie in an alarming story about George Bush’s Christian millenarian beliefs that has yet to come to light.

In 2003 while lobbying leaders to put together the Coalition of the Willing, President Bush spoke to France’s President Jacques Chirac. Bush wove a story about how the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Middle East and how they must be defeated.

In Genesis and Ezekiel Gog and Magog are forces of the Apocalypse who are prophesied to come out of the north and destroy Israel unless stopped. The Book of Revelation took up the Old Testament prophesy:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle … and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”

Bush believed the time had now come for that battle, telling Chirac:

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”.

The story of the conversation emerged only because the Elysée Palace, baffled by Bush’s words, sought advice from Thomas Römer, a professor of theology at the University of Lausanne. Four years later, Römer gave an account in the September 2007 issue of the university’s review, Allez savoir. The article apparently went unnoticed, although it was referred to in a French newspaper.

The story has now been confirmed by Chirac himself in a new book, published in France in March, by journalist Jean Claude Maurice. Chirac is said to have been stupefied and disturbed by Bush’s invocation of Biblical prophesy to justify the war in Iraq and “wondered how someone could be so superficial and fanatical in their beliefs”.

In the same year he spoke to Chirac, Bush had reportedly said to the Palestinian foreign minister that he was on “a mission from God” in launching the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and was receiving commands from the Lord.

There can be little doubt now that President Bush’s reason for launching the war in Iraq was, for him, fundamentally religious. He was driven by his belief that the attack on Saddam’s Iraq was the fulfilment of a Biblical prophesy in which he had been chosen to serve as the instrument of the Lord.

Many thousands of Americans and Iraqis have died in the campaign to defeat Gog and Magog. That the US President saw himself as the vehicle of God whose duty was to prevent the Apocalypse can only inflame suspicions across the Middle East that the United States is on a crusade against Islam.

There is a curious coda to this story. While a senior at Yale University George W. Bush was a member of the exclusive and secretive Skull & Bones society. His father, George H.W. Bush had also been a “Bonesman”, as indeed had his father. Skull & Bones’ initiates are assigned or take on nicknames. And what was George Bush Senior’s nickname? “Magog”.

Hermes Thoth
08-06-2009, 05:15 AM
The people running our nation are all religious zealots. Even the lefties are New Age "sparks of light in the clay" morons.

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2009, 05:21 AM
wasted a lot of time floating my cursor over that post looking for a link.....since there wasn't one, I'll assume the post was manufactured.....

Hermes Thoth
08-06-2009, 05:45 AM
wasted a lot of time floating my cursor over that post looking for a link.....since there wasn't one, I'll assume the post was manufactured.....

All writing is manufactured, if you think about it.

By manufactured do you mean false? Clean up your sloppy language.

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
All writing is manufactured, if you think about it.

By manufactured do you mean false? Clean up your sloppy language.

no, I mean it's a three bedroom prefab with a fireplace......

Hermes Thoth
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Oh look everybody, the pseudochristofascist new age noahide can be amusing!:cool:

That was kinda funny.:clink:

Socrtease
09-03-2009, 10:25 AM
the story is posted all over the internet. Chirac himself as confirmed it. Our former president went to war, at least in part to fight off of the rise of satan. Fucking loverly.

Damocles
09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm confused, I thought the goal of the evangelicals was to make prophesy happen and bring on the "rapture"...

Why didn't he just take over Palestine and build a Temple on the Temple Mount?

Hermes Thoth
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm confused, I thought the goal of the evangelicals was to make prophesy happen and bring on the "rapture"...

Why didn't he just take over Palestine and build a Temple on the Temple Mount?

That will be after the war with iran. When the world has been beaten into Noahide Compliance.

uscitizen
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
No wonder Chirac rightfully thought Bush was an idiot.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
No wonder Chirac rightfully thought Bush was an idiot.

same opinion I have of those who believe this thread....

Hermes Thoth
09-03-2009, 12:39 PM
same opinion I have of those who believe this thread....

Come on noahide. YOu know the zionists right and left believes these things. You believe them. in fact, globalization is just a secularized version of Olam ha ba. Look it up.

Minister of Truth
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Come on noahide. YOu know the zionists right and left believes these things. You believe them. in fact, globalization is just a secularized version of Olam ha ba. Look it up.

Globalization is awesome, stfu.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM

??...no, I don't know anyone who believes this.....perhaps some off the wall liberal who wants to denigrate Christianity, but beyond that, no.....

Hermes Thoth
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
??...no, I don't know anyone who believes this.....perhaps some off the wall liberal who wants to denigrate Christianity, but beyond that, no.....

of course you do. You believe it.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
of course you do. You believe it.

???...what a fucking idiot......how is it that you know what I believe better than I do?.....

uscitizen
09-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Well you would not know any, since your aquaintances think Cheney is a great American hero.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Well you would not know any, since your aquaintances think Cheney is a great American hero.

or perhaps I don't know any because the pre-millennialists are a rather rare breed of Christianity......both Cheney and Bush are Methodists, which is not pre-millenialist.....that makes the OP highly unlikely......

uscitizen
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
So you are just killing time till the end of time?

that must make this esistence pretty worthless?

Hermes Thoth
09-04-2009, 07:12 AM
or perhaps I don't know any because the pre-millennialists are a rather rare breed of Christianity......both Cheney and Bush are Methodists, which is not pre-millenialist.....that makes the OP highly unlikely......

So you don't believe the holy land was given to jews by god, and that that land grant trumps all others?

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM
So you are just killing time till the end of time?

that must make this esistence pretty worthless?

actually, I'm keeping busy living my life....besides, I'm not a liberal, so my life isn't worthless.....

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2009, 08:33 AM
So you don't believe the holy land was given to jews by god, and that that land grant trumps all others?

it isn't the question at hand, but yes....a few thousand years BC he gave Israel the east end of the Mediterranean....that was then, this is now....

and the question of the OP is whether Christ is going to come again regardless of who holds the Middle East....only the pre-millenialists believe that crap, which narrows it down to what, maybe the 5% most fundamental of fundamentalists?.....certainly not Methodists, nor my corner of Christianity.....

I suspect the source of this bullshit is just another liberal who knows absolutely nothing about the Christian religion and thus tried to apply the beliefs of a handful to the whole.....

Hermes Thoth
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
it isn't the question at hand, but yes....a few thousand years BC he gave Israel the east end of the Mediterranean....that was then, this is now....

and the question of the OP is whether Christ is going to come again regardless of who holds the Middle East....only the pre-millenialists believe that crap, which narrows it down to what, maybe the 5% most fundamental of fundamentalists?.....certainly not Methodists, nor my corner of Christianity.....

I suspect the source of this bullshit is just another liberal who knows absolutely nothing about the Christian religion and thus tried to apply the beliefs of a handful to the whole.....

So god's land grant expired?

Stop being a liar. You believe all this crazy shit.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
So god's land grant expired?

Stop being a liar. You believe all this crazy shit.

again, stop trying to tell me what I believe.....I don't believe it, very few people do, and you're just being an obstinate asshole.....where do you come up with this stuff?, the I-R-Brainless websites?....

uscitizen
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
God let Israel fall for their sins many times. Who is to say he won't again?

Hermes Thoth
09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
again, stop trying to tell me what I believe.....I don't believe it, very few people do, and you're just being an obstinate asshole.....where do you come up with this stuff?, the I-R-Brainless websites?....

So god is an indian giver?

you're going to hell for that one.

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
So god is an indian giver?

you're going to hell for that one.

????...what are you going on about?....do you know nothing about scriptures?....

Hermes Thoth
09-04-2009, 07:38 PM
????...what are you going on about?....do you know nothing about scriptures?....

Well. You said god gave israel to the jews, but that was then, this is now.

I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate?

PostmodernProphet
09-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Well. You said god gave israel to the jews, but that was then, this is now.

I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate?

Jeremiah 31, Romans....everyone who believes is now God's chosen people.....

Hermes Thoth
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Jeremiah 31, Romans....everyone who believes is now God's chosen people.....

That sounds anti-semitic.:rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2009, 06:59 AM
That sounds anti-semitic.:rolleyes:

only if you are dumber than a pound of rocks....how can opening things up to everyone be "anti" anything.....

uscitizen
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
only if you are dumber than a pound of rocks....how can opening things up to everyone be "anti" anything.....

Everyone who believes. a qualifier there. Just a technicality that I thought I would point out, Not that I agree with AHZ. I think I agreed with him once on something.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Everyone who believes. a qualifier there. Just a technicality that I thought I would point out, Not that I agree with AHZ. I think I agreed with him once on something.

yeah.....and you are part of the everyone who believes the bible and god is false.....

next

uscitizen
09-05-2009, 06:58 PM
yeah.....and you are part of the everyone who believes the bible and god is false.....

next

Ohh the bible is a historical record of the Jewish people. And rules to live by, some very reasonable. Like Kosher foods. The priests were the only ones smart enough to know if something was safe to eat and preserved properly, etc.
Laws for a society to operate by.
The new testament rules for civilized and compassionate behaviour.

the god aspect now is just another tool to control the Jewish people though, which has been expanded to include Gentiles.

Most of the 10 commandments are just good rules for a society. Well the first one is a control factor, but acknowledges other gods existence.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM

/shrugs....believing is open to anyone....it's their choice if they don't want to....hardly makes it "anti"....

Socrtease
09-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Jeremiah 31, Romans....everyone who believes is now God's chosen people.....That's not exactly true there prophet. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. So the jews are out. They don't believe, except for a few self loathing Messianic Jews.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2009, 04:40 AM
That's not exactly true there prophet. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. So the jews are out. They don't believe, except for a few self loathing Messianic Jews.

they aren't excluded.....they have the same opportunities of choice than anyone else has....

on the side, why would Messianic Jews be "self loathing"......didn't the Jewish religion always anticipate a Messiah?......

uscitizen
09-07-2009, 07:44 AM

next

They maybe wrong imho. However real Christians are fine folks.
I rail against the ones who use religion for their own purposes.

A person who says "Nuke em all and let God sort em out" is NOT a Christian.

Socrtease
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
they aren't excluded.....they have the same opportunities of choice than anyone else has....

on the side, why would Messianic Jews be "self loathing"......didn't the Jewish religion always anticipate a Messiah?......IF you are a jew for jesus it is self loathing because you have to accept the revisionist history that it was the Jews that wanted Christ crucified when it was the Romans and their bootlicks in the Pharisees that wanted him dead.

USFREEDOM911
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
IF you are a jew for jesus it is self loathing because you have to accept the revisionist history that it was the Jews that wanted Christ crucified when it was the Romans and their bootlicks in the Pharisees that wanted him dead.

The "Jews wanted Jesus crucified" thing, came about as just another way for people to justify their hatred and fear of the Jews.

Hermes Thoth
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
The "Jews wanted Jesus crucified" thing, came about as just another way for people to justify their hatred and fear of the Jews.

Many rabbis were fed up with jesus and his righteousness. They did vote set free barrabas rather than jesus. You can't solely blame romans for the crucifixion of jesus. No sir. He was a thorn in plenty of sides.

uscitizen
09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Strange that he was cruciifed just a few days after he ran the money changers from the temple.

bootlicks in the Pharisees were Jews.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
IF you are a jew for jesus it is self loathing because you have to accept the revisionist history that it was the Jews that wanted Christ crucified when it was the Romans and their bootlicks in the Pharisees that wanted him dead.

???....Christ wasn't crucified because of Romans or Jews....he was crucified because we were disobedient......it was a self-sacrifice.....

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Strange that he was cruciifed just a few days after he ran the money changers from the temple.

bootlicks in the Pharisees were Jews.

???....he ran the money changers out of the temple two years before he was crucified.....it was at the time of the first Passover he celebrated in Jerusalem, the crucifixion occurred during the third....

USFREEDOM911
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Many rabbis were fed up with jesus and his righteousness. They did vote set free barrabas rather than jesus. You can't solely blame romans for the crucifixion of jesus. No sir. He was a thorn in plenty of sides.

OOPS, I forgot about the "many".

Are you professing that more Jews wanted Jesus dead, when compated to the Romans??

uscitizen
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
The romans offered to turn Jesus loose, but the joos let Barabbus go instead.

Read the bible dude.

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 04:56 AM
OOPS, I forgot about the "many".

Are you professing that more Jews wanted Jesus dead, when compated to the Romans??

Well, I reminded you. Dope.

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 04:59 AM
JEws used romans to kill jesus.

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Why do jews hate jesus?

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Why do jews hate jesus?

why does Asshat hate rational thought.....

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 05:18 AM

You're the one who can't read and understand basic stories of the bible. Shrugsky.

SmarterthanYou
09-08-2009, 05:22 AM

because, with the exception of a few here, it's so very rarely seen. we fear what we do not know.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 05:26 AM
You're the one who can't read and understand basic stories of the bible. Shrugsky.

lol.....I'm sorry Asshat, but you've never demonstrated any accurate knowledge of ANYTHING related to religion....apparently you seem drawn to debate those things you know the least about.....

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 05:31 AM
lol.....I'm sorry Asshat, but you've never demonstrated any accurate knowledge of ANYTHING related to religion....apparently you seem drawn to debate those things you know the least about.....

LOl.

You don't understand the basic narrative of the jesus story.

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Saying that only romans killed jesus and jews had nothing to do with it is just the kind of crazy noahide revisionism we're used to seeing.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 07:40 AM
LOl.

You don't understand the basic narrative of the jesus story.

???....you mean the "he died for our sins" part?....you're the one who thinks we need to apportion the blame between the Jews and the Romans.....obviously you missed an important part somewhere along the line.....

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Saying that only romans killed jesus and jews had nothing to do with it is just the kind of crazy noahide revisionism we're used to seeing.

lol, saying either one are to blame shows us something about crazy revisionism, all right....you are very quick to criticize a religion you have no grasp of......perhaps you should actually study it, clear up your misconceptions.....then you would have less to argue about....

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
lol, saying either one are to blame shows us something about crazy revisionism, all right....you are very quick to criticize a religion you have no grasp of......perhaps you should actually study it, clear up your misconceptions.....then you would have less to argue about....

Set me straight then.

You still refuse to believe that god commanded the hebrews to slaughter neighboring tribes and destroy their religious places.

From all i've seen. Your ignorant, in denial, or a bit of both.

You only reveal yourself as the noahide jew worshipper you are when attempt to obscure such basic points in the bible.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Set me straight then.

You still refuse to believe that god commanded the hebrews to slaughter neighboring tribes and destroy their religious places.

From all i've seen. Your ignorant, in denial, or a bit of both.

You only reveal yourself as the noahide jew worshipper you are when attempt to obscure such basic points in the bible.

first of all, I have never heard anyone but you talk about "noahide" and you've never defined it since I arrived in July.....I expect it's some figment of your imagination that bears no resemblance to the Christian religion, but I can only deny it based on that assumption....I am fully aware of the basic points of the Bible, further I am aware that you haven't a clue about any of them, based upon the multiple errors you espouse in your posts....

as for being "set straight", see post #43......

I suspect then, for you to say I am in denial, should best be interpreted as meaning I am properly on track.....

Hermes Thoth
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM
first of all, I have never heard anyone but you talk about "noahide" and you've never defined it since I arrived in July.....I expect it's some figment of your imagination that bears no resemblance to the Christian religion, but I can only deny it based on that assumption....I am fully aware of the basic points of the Bible, further I am aware that you haven't a clue about any of them, based upon the multiple errors you espouse in your posts....

as for being "set straight", see post #43......

I suspect then, for you to say I am in denial, should best be interpreted as meaning I am properly on track.....

You phaild.

uscitizen
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
???....you mean the "he died for our sins" part?....you're the one who thinks we need to apportion the blame between the Jews and the Romans.....obviously you missed an important part somewhere along the line.....

Died for my sins?

Hmm must be a tesseract time warp thing.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Died for my sins?

Hmm must be a tesseract time warp thing.

very lame....

uscitizen
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Time is a handy thing. It keeps everything from happeing all at once.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Time is a handy thing. It keeps everything from happeing all at once.

then it's a good thing God created it first.....

uscitizen
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
then it's a good thing God created it first.....

Nope he created it last that exoplains how the earth is only 5000 years old.
He created time after he created the universe ;)

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Nope he created it last that exoplains how the earth is only 5000 years old.
He created time after he created the universe ;)

not so....he created "day" and "night" first, the difference between them is 12 hours....

uscitizen
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
not so....he created "day" and "night" first, the difference between them is 12 hours....

He created hours as well???

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 05:29 AM

I've seen the sun go down in a matter of mere minutes...

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 05:52 AM
He created hours as well???

at least 24 of them, from our perspective.....that perspective, and the words and divisions we assign to time are particular to us.....he created time....

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 05:53 AM
I've seen the sun go down in a matter of mere minutes...

ah, but there wasn't a sun yet then....that's significant to understanding what he created the first "day".......

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 06:19 AM
ah, but there wasn't a sun yet then....that's significant to understanding what he created the first "day".......

Im talking about the difference between night and day. SOmetimes it's just minutes, not twelve hours. Get it?

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Im talking about the difference between night and day. SOmetimes it's just minutes, not twelve hours. Get it?
and I am talking about the concept of time....whether we are talking about minutes or hours or days it's irrelevant.....I don't really care how long it takes the sun to set or whether you have the time to watch it.....it was just an example to refer to the passage of TIME.......

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM
and I am talking about the concept of time....whether we are talking about minutes or hours or days it's irrelevant.....I don't really care how long it takes the sun to set or whether you have the time to watch it.....it was just an example to refer to the passage of TIME.......

But you said it was "always" twelve hours, with no room for variance.

uscitizen
09-09-2009, 10:54 AM
The devil must have tilted the earth on it's axis to mess with the 12 hour creation.

charver
09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
The devil must have tilted the earth on it's axis to mess with the 12 hour creation.

If you can't explain something rationally "god works in mysterious ways" usually covers everything.

uscitizen
09-09-2009, 10:59 AM
If you can't explain something rationally "god works in mysterious ways" usually covers everything.

Well the bible was written pretty close to the equator so it worked for them.

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
But you said it was "always" twelve hours, with no room for variance.

lol....you read my posts with about as much accuracy as you read scripture....the word "always" is not in my post, nor are the words "room" or "variance".....if you want to argue with yourself, why not just do it silently so you won't confuse the board.....

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 12:49 PM

and people wonder why I consider atheists to be fucking idiots.....

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
and people wonder why I consider atheists to be fucking idiots.....

Why?

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Why?

because you ignore the point I made and spend all your time arguing about the inconsequential.....

I live in Michigan and a lot of folks head down to Florida for spring break....it takes about 22 hours to drive to the Fort Lauderdale area.....when people get back the frequent question is "Did you drive straight through or stop"...."Yeah, we drove all day and night"....now if I responded to them "Oh, you didn't drive all day and all night, you forgot to calculate for the number of days since the winter solstice and also to compensate for the effect of traveling a thousand miles closer to the equator, so you only drove .78 nights and .87 days they would probably decide this was the last time they would invite me out for a beer after work....

and THAT is why you're an idiot....

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
because you ignore the point I made and spend all your time arguing about the inconsequential.....

I live in Michigan and a lot of folks head down to Florida for spring break....it takes about 22 hours to drive to the Fort Lauderdale area.....when people get back the frequent question is "Did you drive straight through or stop"...."Yeah, we drove all day and night"....now if I responded to them "Oh, you didn't drive all day and all night, you forgot to calculate for the number of days since the winter solstice and also to compensate for the effect of traveling a thousand miles closer to the equator, so you only drove .78 nights and .87 days they would probably decide this was the last time they would invite me out for a beer after work....

and THAT is why you're an idiot....

That florida thing was idiotic.

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
That florida thing was idiotic.

why?.....

Hermes Thoth
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
why?.....

Because you, you, oh, just forget it!....

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Because you, you, oh, just forget it!....

hey, I answered yours.....

tinfoil
09-11-2009, 12:44 AM
LOL