PDA

View Full Version : Difference: republicans - democrats

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 09:26 PM
i got into politics about 3 years ago....in undergrad and before....i didn't give a poop about politics. i voted for clinton twice. first time because my girlfriend's mom was a heavy player in the dem party and when i met feinstein and boxer in person, i was....well, i actually acted like an idiot because i was so blown away by their power and stardom.....and of course i voted dem

in 2000 i voted for bush because i was sick of clinton crap by that time and al boremetodeath held no interest....so i voted solely based on something different.

in 2004 i voted for bush because kerry is a fake and a life long politician that claims to be for the people, yet he marries "well"......

in 2008, i voted for mccain because obama is owned by soros and the heavy weights in the dem party. i can't stand mccain, however, neither can i stand obama.

my wife asked me today on our hike...would i have voted for hillary clinton....she loves hillary, and freely admits a part is because hillary is a woman. i thought about it.....and i answered:

yes, i just might have voted for hillary

what is the difference between her and mccain i asked......we are both not sure.... so i ask here and broaden the discussion to include the parties

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Republicans - Democrats = -10%

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Hillary Clinton supported universal healthcare; that's one difference.

Also, she was in the senate voting pretty much opposite to McCain on all issues until she retired to become SoS.

BRUTALITOPS
08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Well obviously some policy issues are different between her and mccain. Though I think the reason some on the right see her as sort of a "lesser of two evils" between her and obama is because I think they think that even though she has a lot of liberal policies, she has bigger balls. I think a lot of conservatives feel that if we were under attack, that Hillary would have no problem pwning people in a war. Whether or not that is true is a up for debate, but I think that's the perception by some on the right.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Hillary Clinton supported universal healthcare; that's one difference.

Also, she's in the senate right now voting pretty much opposite to McCain on all issues.

does the word make a difference?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
does the word make a difference?

Yeah she's SOS now. So sue me.

You got my point.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Well obviously some policy issues are different between her and mccain. Though I think the reason some on the right see her as sort of a "lesser of two evils" between her and obama is because I think they think that even though she has a lot of liberal policies, she has bigger balls. I think a lot of conservatives feel that if we were under attack, that Hillary would have no problem pwning people in a war. Whether or not that is true is a up for debate, but I think that's the perception by some on the right.

i agree...however, i don't think the perception is only to the right....don't forget she had nearly the same votes (18 million) as obama....

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah she SOS now. So sue me.

You got my point.

you're a young college student....you're judgment proof....why would i sue you?

and no....the word does matter....in that....the present tense...she is different than mccain....my point was more to her at the time

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
i agree...however, i don't think the perception is only to the right....don't forget she had nearly the same votes (18 million) as obama....

I don't think she could've won as many votes or kept up her momentum as long as Obama; she's just not as charismatic.

And if Obama's less twitchy with the nuke button, I personally consider that a good thing.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't think she could've won as many votes or kept up her momentum as long as Obama; she's just not as charismatic.

And if Obama's less twitchy with the nuke button, I personally consider that a good thing.

imo...the majority didn't want

bush-clinton-bush-clinton

and....obama has soros <---that is huge

her against mccain is not about charisma...mccain is fucking idiot. and as to the nuke button....how do you know obama is "less twitchy"......

Beefy
08-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Politics is kind of like pro sports. You lemmings pick a team and then root for it no matter what, no matter how many people are hurt, killed or marginalized. Its sick.

Canceled2
08-02-2009, 12:41 AM

I think Hillary would have been worse than Obama.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Republicans - Democrats = -10%

interesting mathematical phenomena.....you could also state that, Republicans + Democrats = -10%........

Cypress
08-02-2009, 09:22 AM
i

what is the difference between her and mccain i asked......we are both not sure.... so i ask here and broaden the discussion to include the parties

Please. Hillary is not my favorite Democrat by far. But to compare her as the nominal equivalent of McCain, Bush, Sara Palin, or any national republican of the last decade is retarded. Every sentient person recognizes that this talking point only emerged among movement conservatives in the last two years, as a result of their embarrassment of the failure of conservative ideology: that the Dems and Reps are “equally” to blame for the Iraq War; that Libs and Cons are “equally” to blame for the meltdown of deregulated free market zealotry.

H. Clinton v. McCain:

Universal healthcare as a public right
A woman’s right to choose, and a vast host of women’s rights issues
Keynesian economics
Racial and Gender equality (read: affirmative action, and equal pay for equal work)
Tax cuts for the rich
Gay rights- far more progressive than McCain
Environment
Pro-family (FMLA, etc)
SCHIP
Unions

I would have voted for HRC over Obama except for her Iraq vote, some of her pro-militaristic bullshit, and her embrace of NAFTA-style free trade zealotry. I would prefer Bernie Sanders or Barbara Boxer, but those choices weren't available to me. But, claiming HRC is the equivalent of McCain/Palin is utter nonsense. On the intangibles, I refuse to believe that the choices someone makes in the course of their life doesn’t reflect some of their core values. Hillary, in spite of her top-ranked Ivy League law degree pedigree, worked for unglamorous child advocacy organizations, instead of interning on Wall Street or pursuing the big bucks. Obama made the same choice, to be a low paid community activist, so good on both of them. How often do you see republican politicians make those choices in their lives? Those dudes are almost always about money and power.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-02-2009, 09:34 AM
interesting mathematical phenomena.....you could also state that, Republicans + Democrats = -10%........

Republicans + Democrats = 70%

DamnYankee
08-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Hillary, like Obama, wants to control people. McCain just wants to get along. *shrug*