PDA

View Full Version : APP - Budget Neutral Healthcare

ib1yysguy
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
For all the idiots to accused me of lying when I claimed that the healthcare package will be deficit neutral, try explaining to me how Obama's going to go about getting a package that ISNT deficit neutral passed please. PayGo rules prevent it.

You can thank Democrats for paygo, by the way.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
For all the idiots to accused me of lying when I claimed that the healthcare package will be deficit neutral, try explaining to me how Obama's going to go about getting a package that ISNT deficit neutral passed please. PayGo rules prevent it.

You can thank Democrats for paygo, by the way.I love the idea of paygo.....I hate the idea of lip service.....unfortunately the Dems have given us both.....

cancel2 2022
08-01-2009, 04:41 AM
I love the idea of paygo.....I hate the idea of lip service.....unfortunately the Dems have given us both.....

Guess which president abandoned the rules to pay for tax cuts for the well off?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAYGO

belme1201
08-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I love the idea of paygo.....I hate the idea of lip service.....unfortunately the Dems have given us both.....

Did you enjoy a declaration of war almost simultaneous with a tax cut for the wealthy, or doesnt' that count because it had an 'R' on it? How about an annual off-budget supplemental budget of only $160 billion? Need I go on? The lip service is coming from your boys who brought us to where we are today and would like us to forget it.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Did you enjoy a declaration of war almost simultaneous with a tax cut for the wealthy, or doesnt' that count because it had an 'R' on it? How about an annual off-budget supplemental budget of only $160 billion? Need I go on? The lip service is coming from your boys who brought us to where we are today and would like us to forget it.

are we getting confused?......I thought the Democrats were the ones who invented Paygo......

Epicurus
08-01-2009, 05:43 PM
PAYGO is stupid anyway. Anything can be "budget neutral" if you raise taxes enough to cover it. That doesn't mean that it truly is.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
PAYGO is stupid anyway. Anything can be "budget neutral" if you raise taxes enough to cover it. That doesn't mean that it truly is.

Raising taxes doesn't make something budget neutral?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 06:17 PM
You know, for all our fiscal discipline in the 90's, the Republicans thanked us in the '00's by transferring a trillion dollars from the bank accounts of our children to the bank accounts of the rich. I don't even see the point in balancing the budget with those guys sitting right behind us all the time ready to sop up our hard work with tax cuts.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
the Republicans thanked us in the '00's by transferring a trillion dollars from the bank accounts of our children to the bank accounts of the rich.

/shrugs.....and the Democrats did the same in January and March and April and are promising to do it again before September....

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
/shrugs.....and the Democrats did the same in January and March and April and are promising to do it again before September....

Where's our trillion dollar tax cut to the rich? We did it to stimulate the economy. You guys did it because you just want to give money to the rich.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Where's our trillion dollar tax cut to the rich? We did it to stimulate the economy. You guys did it because you just want to give money to the rich.

really?....I benefited from the Bush tax cuts and I don't fall into the top 20% category....I got a $1k credit for each of my kids and was allowed to deduct the premiums for my health insurance from my income for the first time....I kinda liked that.....I felt almost.....stimulated!.......

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 07:21 PM
really?....I benefited from the Bush tax cuts and I don't fall into the top 20% category....I got a $1k credit for each of my kids and was allowed to deduct the premiums for my health insurance from my income for the first time....I kinda liked that.....I felt almost.....stimulated!.......

You did? That's nice. My children give you their regards. But it doesn't matter how you felt, because that's not what happened to the economy.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2009, 07:27 PM
You did? That's nice. My children give you their regards. But it doesn't matter how you felt, because that's not what happened to the economy.
will they give you their regards following the expenditures of Obama?.....

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
will they give you their regards following the expenditures of Obama?.....

Yes, positive ones. Obama's expenditures are, if anything, budget positive over time. Your views just seem to be limited to now.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 07:35 PM

that is an outright lie and you know it

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 07:38 PM

you talk about children, yet obama is spending far more....

bush's first tax cut worked...the dems were screaming recession/depression and it never happened and it was proven factually that bush's tax cuts gave a boost to the economy

uscitizen
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Easy to pay for just put a 10% tax on unhealthy foods. Ie fast food burgers, fries, drinks, twinkies, etc.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Easy to pay for just put a 10% tax on unhealthy foods. Ie fast food burgers, fries, drinks, twinkies, etc.

USC, be honest. You have no idea how much such a tax would collect.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
A 10% tax on fast food sales would collect about 15 billion a year.

uscitizen
08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
the fast food industry alone without taxing twinkies and such has close to 200 billion in sales.
And the soft drink industry has around 75 billion in sales.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
the fast food industry alone without taxing twinkies and such has close to 200 billion in sales.

Then 20 billion a year.

That puts us about 1/10 there.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
USC, be honest. You have no idea how much such a tax would collect.

lately....you have been on of the most forthright posters on this board.....and making good points....don't worry, i am not complimenting you....last time i did that....well

yet i am sure, soon we are all to share..your HEAD ON PIKE posts....

uscitizen
08-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Then 20 billion a year.

That puts us about 1/10 there.

My proposal cover prepared meat products ie bologna, etc, and all foods containing above a preset level of sugar or fat, etc.

ib1yysguy
08-01-2009, 11:06 PM

bush's first tax cut worked...the dems were screaming recession/depression and it never happened and it was proven factually that bush's tax cuts gave a boost to the economy

Yeah, sure worked out well in the long run huh. It only took 8 years before it nearly destroyed the country's economy.

belme1201
08-01-2009, 11:57 PM

One of the slowest recoveries ever. Stagnant wages, less job growth than needed to maintain jobs needed for population growth, far less than the previous 8 "Reagan" years, even with a war, though war stimulous never happened because the money to contractors/mercenaries was stashed in offshore banks. Then came the deficit which, for those years, the GOP was on a "deficit, budget and trade, aren't important" kick. Is that the tune they're singing now? Of course, during the magnificent, tax cut driven, bush Supply Side years came the mother of all recessions, with us now.
How easily we forget.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Does Yurt know that Bush ended his first term with a net loss of jobs? And he ended his second with the worst recession in 80 years.

How's that fit in to "factual proof" that Bush gave the economy a boost?

cawacko
08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Factually why did the stock market take off in the late '90's after Clinton cut the capital gains tax?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Factually why did the stock market go down to below pre tax cut levels after that boom was over?

Epicurus
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Raising taxes doesn't make something budget neutral?

It's a misleading term at best.

TuTu Monroe
08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Does Yurt know that Bush ended his first term with a net loss of jobs? And he ended his second with the worst recession in 80 years.

Do you know that:
US manufacturing employment was in decline for nearly three years before Bush became President. It actually declined by 544,000 between the peak reached in March, 1998 and when Clinton left office, even as the economy added nearly 7.8 million jobs in all categories during the climax of a roaring economic boom that ended a few weeks after Bush was sworn in. In fact, 238,000 of those manufacturing jobs were lost in Clinton's last six month alone, showing that the decline was well-established even before Bush had spent a day in office. factcheck.org

FUCK THE POLICE
08-02-2009, 02:14 PM
A recession that started one year after Bush entered office: the Clinton recession
A recession that started one year before Obama entered office: the Obama recession

TuTu Monroe
08-02-2009, 02:48 PM
A recession that started one year after Bush entered office: the Clinton recession
A recession that started one year before Obama entered office: the Obama recession

This recession began in the 4th quarter, 2007 and it was caused by the Subprime Mortgage Crisis (you know, the crisis that Barney Frank said was not a problem and people were exaggerating?)

uscitizen
08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Factually why did the stock market take off in the late '90's after Clinton cut the capital gains tax?

the stock market is just one facet of the economy. In a consumer spending driven economy it is mostly about jobs, wages, etc.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
This recession began in the 4th quarter, 2007 and it was caused by the Subprime Mortgage Crisis (you know, the crisis that Barney Frank said was not a problem and people were exaggerating?)

Do you know what caused the subprime mortgage crisis?

TuTu Monroe
08-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Do you know what caused the subprime mortgage crisis?

Yes, I do, do you?

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, I do, do you?

Apparently you dont if you want to absolve your party of any part in it. My guess is you blame it on Democrats for making some kind of law forcing banks to give money to people who shouldn't have been borrowing. Does that about sum it up?

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Apparently you dont if you want to absolve your party of any part in it. My guess is you blame it on Democrats for making some kind of law forcing banks to give money to people who shouldn't have been borrowing. Does that about sum it up?

glad to see you finally admit it....

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
glad to see you finally admit it....

Truly ignorant.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Beyond just listening to Rush for your information, you should read up on what the experts think about the contribution of the CRA to the housing crisis. If there was ANY contribution at all, it wasn't the main one. You'll find that most experts agree that there are PLENTY of other factors, not the least of which were poor outdated regulations and deregulations -- both things you and your party are responsible for.

By the way, the FDIC and Federal Reserve both concluded that no research done supports the postulation that the CRA contributed to the housing crisis.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Truly ignorant.

shucks, now why would I think that people not paying their mortgages contributed to the foreclosure problem.......how ignorant could I be....dadumdedumdum....

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM

it did and you know it....it was called a moderate economic boost....deal with it

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
it did and you know it....it was called a moderate economic boost....deal with it

A moderate economic boost that resulted in a net loss of jobs three years later and the most major recession in living memory.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
shucks, now why would I think that people not paying their mortgages contributed to the foreclosure problem.......how ignorant could I be....dadumdedumdum....

Again, if you READ, you'd find out that a small percentage of defaulted mortgages were due to the CRA. Many, many, many more of them were due to predatory lending practices developed entirely by private industry - like adjustable rate mortgages.

Again, just fucking read about it. Try wikipedia. Everything you're saying has been discredited.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Again, if you READ, you'd find out that a small percentage of defaulted mortgages were due to the CRA. Many, many, many more of them were due to predatory lending practices developed entirely by private industry - like adjustable rate mortgages.

Again, just fucking read about it. Try wikipedia. Everything you're saying has been discredited.

the dems should have listened to republicans as far back as 2003....but oh no, you dems said we were fear mongering....everything is fine you said....

:rolleyes:

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
A moderate economic boost that resulted in a net loss of jobs three years later and the most major recession in living memory.

your problem is correlation :pke:

you just can't handle the truth...it gave an economic boost....deal with it

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
the dems should have listened to republicans as far back as 2003....but oh no, you dems said we were fear mongering....everything is fine you said....

Yeah, the Democrats just stopped all sorts of legislation the Republicans were trying to force past the Democrat held majorities in the house, senate, and executive branch in 2003.

Oh wait... No. You're just retarded.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
your problem is correlation :pke:

you just can't handle the truth...it gave an economic boost....deal with it

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Bush ended his first time with a net loss of jobs and ended his second with the worst recession in living memory. It couldn't be his fault, or have anything to do with the fact that Republicans had enjoyed a majority in the house and senate for the prior 14 years.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, the Democrats just stopped all sorts of legislation the Republicans were trying to force past the Democrat held majorities in the house, senate, and executive branch in 2003.

are you denying that republicans warned people about the problems and are you denying that it was dems who said there is no problem and that republicans are fear mongering....

yes or no

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Bush ended his first time with a net loss of jobs and ended his second with the worst recession in living memory. It couldn't be his fault, or have anything to do with the fact that Republicans had enjoyed a majority in the house and senate for the prior 14 years.

yes....it is all SOLELY bush's fault

his tax rebates didn't help the economy at all

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
yes....it is all SOLELY bush's fault

his tax rebates didn't help the economy at all

Not just Bush. The Republicans in congress who spent 14 years deregulating as much as they could sure contributed.

Fact is, you guys do a hell of a lot more harm than good.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 07:58 PM
are you denying that republicans warned people about the problems and are you denying that it was dems who said there is no problem and that republicans are fear mongering....

yes or no

If Republicans wanted to do anything about it at all, they easily could have. Blaming the Democrats for preventing any of that is totally retarded since they didn't have any power to stop anything.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Not just Bush. The Republicans in congress who spent 14 years deregulating as much as they could sure contributed.

Fact is, you guys do a hell of a lot more harm than good.

^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL^

yeah....the dems are frickin angels dude and were completely innocent...it was all the repubs....

House Financial Services Committee hearing, Sept. 10, 2003:

Rep. Barney Frank (D., Mass.): I worry, frankly, that there's a tension here. The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios. . .
Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.), speaking to Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez:

Secretary Martinez, if it ain't broke, why do you want to fix it? Have the GSEs [government-sponsored enterprises] ever missed their housing goals?

House Financial Services Committee hearing, Sept. 25, 2003:

Rep. Frank: I do think I do not want the same kind of focus on safety and soundness that we have in OCC [Office of the Comptroller of the Currency] and OTS [Office of Thrift Supervision]. I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing. . . .

House Financial Services Committee hearing, Sept. 25, 2003:

Rep. Gregory Meeks, (D., N.Y.): . . . I am just pissed off at Ofheo [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122290574391296381.html

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 08:03 PM
If Republicans wanted to do anything about it at all, they easily could have. Blaming the Democrats for preventing any of that is totally retarded since they didn't have any power to stop anything.

yes they did...the repubs did not have a filibuster proof majority...nice try

i notice you failed to answer the question.....scared? you never vilify your precious dems, you're too partisan

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2009, 08:21 PM

I'm sorry....that simply isn't true....besides, the only reason there were ANY predator lenders was that Freddy and Fanny were selling junk bonds guaranteed by AIG and buying up the mortgages......if they had been stopped, as they should have been, the predatory lenders wouldn't have had any money to lend......

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2009, 08:23 PM

I thought the party line was that they were racist, not retarded.....I swear that's what Barney and Maxine said at the time.....

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM

i notice you failed to answer the question.....scared? you never vilify your precious dems, you're too partisan

Your question is fucking stupid. The premise is entirely dishonest. I'm sure you have a quote from one Democrat saying something obscurely like "the housing market is okay" which you'll twist to mean "ZOMG THE HOUSING MARKET IS AWESOME." Then you've got one quote from a Republican saying something obscurely similar to "The housing market might be in trouble" which you'll pass off as some kind of conservative premonition.

Unless you can point to an actual filibuster that the Democrats made to prevent reform or some reform proposed by Republicans that the democrats even threatened to filibuster, you are totally full of shit.

One thing to mention before you go quote mining: up until the economy crashed in November 2008, John McCain was running around saying the fundamentals of the economy were hunky dory!

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry....that simply isn't true....besides, the only reason there were ANY predator lenders was that Freddy and Fanny were selling junk bonds guaranteed by AIG and buying up the mortgages......if they had been stopped, as they should have been, the predatory lenders wouldn't have had any money to lend......

Total crap. I've discredited everything you said merely by posting a plethora of articles that do it for me. The CRA was totally not even close to the primary cause of the housing collapse. I've cited experts that say this is the case, I've cited sources that say the same thing and explain why. You're putting your partisan blinders on and doing your best to ignore it.

cawacko
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Your question is fucking stupid. The premise is entirely dishonest. I'm sure you have a quote from one Democrat saying something obscurely like "the housing market is okay" which you'll twist to mean "ZOMG THE HOUSING MARKET IS AWESOME." Then you've got one quote from a Republican saying something obscurely similar to "The housing market might be in trouble" which you'll pass off as some kind of conservative premonition.

Unless you can point to an actual filibuster that the Democrats made to prevent reform or some reform proposed by Republicans that the democrats even threatened to filibuster, you are totally full of shit.

One thing to mention before you go quote mining: up until the economy crashed in November 2008, John McCain was running around saying the fundamentals of the economy were hunky dory!

Actually Obama and a few of his top team members came out after the election, after the crash, stating the economy is sound. What do you expect a future President or President to say? That our fundamentals are weak and attempt to scare off overseas investors (as well as everyone at home)?

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Actually Obama and a few of his top team members came out after the election, after the crash, stating the economy is sound. What do you expect a future President or President to say? That our fundamentals are weak and attempt to scare off overseas investors (as well as everyone at home)?

I'd love to see that quote. My money is on the fact that it's totally not true and taken completely out of context. After the election, the market was PLUMMETING. The economy certainly wasn't sound, and I'd be very surprised if Obama said anything of the sort specially considering McCain changed his tune after the banking crisis and even he stopped saying it.

cawacko
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd love to see that quote. My money is on the fact that it's totally not true and taken completely out of context. After the election, the market was PLUMMETING. The economy certainly wasn't sound, and I'd be very surprised if Obama said anything of the sort specially considering McCain changed his tune after the banking crisis and even he stopped saying it.

He and his advisors are saying it because it was true. They attacked McCain because it was a Presidential campaign. If you believe the fundamentals of our economy are unsound then you believe we will not get out of this recession for years ala the Soviet Union post Communism.

""But on Sunday, that optimistic message came from economic adviser Christina Romer. When asked during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the fundamentals of the economy were sound, she replied: "Of course they are sound."

"The fundamentals are sound in the sense that the American workers are sound, we have a good capital stock, we have good technology," she said. "We know that -- that temporarily we're in a mess, right? We've seen huge job loss, we've seen very large falls in GDP. So certainly in the short run we're in a -- in a bad situation."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/15/obama-adviser-says-economy-fundamentals-strong-despite-campaign-rhetoric/

Obama aides shift their rhetoric on economy
Take up theme of sound fundamentals despite bashing idea in campaign

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29706224/

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM

you only think it is stupid because you will have to admit the dems fucked up....so you attack...typical for you, when cornered you come out attacking

and i gave you multiple quotes...and i could give videos after videos of dems saying it is sound...but you're so partisan you can't admit the truth so you attack....and then deflect....who gives a rip about mccain you dishonest partisan hack who obviously knows my question is great and will show you how bad your dems really are....take off the shades dude

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
you only think it is stupid because you will have to admit the dems fucked up....so you attack...typical for you, when cornered you come out attacking

and i gave you multiple quotes...and i could give videos after videos of dems saying it is sound...but you're so partisan you can't admit the truth so you attack....and then deflect....who gives a rip about mccain you dishonest partisan hack who obviously knows my question is great and will show you how bad your dems really are....take off the shades dude

The Dems didn't fuck up because they weren't in power and they didn't block any fixes proposed by the Republicans. Only in your peabrain did they do such a thing.

uscitizen
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
NINJA loans.

And high fraudulent credit ratings on the bundled mortgages.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 09:20 PM
The Dems didn't fuck up because they weren't in power and they didn't block any fixes proposed by the Republicans. Only in your peabrain did they do such a thing.

they sat up there and told the republicans they were liars and fear mongers

i given you the quotes, do you want the videos too? why are you so dishonest? here is one.....

YouTube - Democrats Caught Defending Freddie, Fannie

uscitizen
08-02-2009, 09:20 PM
According to the revised figures there was no Clowntoon recession during the Bush Years.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
they sat up there and told the republicans they were liars and fear mongers

i given you the quotes, do you want the videos too? why are you so dishonest? here is one.....

YouTube - Democrats Caught Defending Freddie, Fannie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN31-nKndg8)

Argh, I hate these quote dumps of heavily edited, out of context stuff because it takes way too long to refute.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Argh, I hate these quote dumps of heavily edited, out of context stuff because it takes way too long to refute.

you're such a liar....nothing was taken out of context...you just got caught with your pants down and so you come out making false accusations...

pathetic

just like the with your bogus study...i used their words to show you that you are wrong and all you have is meadowmuffins

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
you're such a liar....nothing was taken out of context...you just got caught with your pants down and so you come out making false accusations...

pathetic

just like the with your bogus study...i used their words to show you that you are wrong and all you have is meadowmuffins

Oh please. You want to make the case that the Democrats are responsible for the housing market collapse despite being in the minority and not even attempting to block any fixes from the Republicans. That is utterly retarded.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh please. You want to make the case that the Democrats are responsible for the housing market collapse despite being in the minority and not even attempting to block any fixes from the Republicans. That is utterly retarded.

i gave you the evidence that they stopped it before the repubs could do anything....and not all repubs tried to fix it....but the facts are clear that it was your precious dems that didn't think anything was wrong when presented with evidence that there was a major problem

you're so dishonest its pathetic

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 09:35 PM
i gave you the evidence that they stopped it before the repubs could do anything....and not all repubs tried to fix it....but the facts are clear that it was your precious dems that didn't think anything was wrong when presented with evidence that there was a major problem

You are projecting in a huge, huge way. Making the Democrats out to be the people preventing regulation of a financial institution then calling me dishonest for pointing out how utterly retarded that is is classic psychological projection.

meme
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM

you are wasting your time..you will never convince him the Dems have ever done anything wrong..

the friggen Democrats blocked Bush at every thing he put out there, from health savings accounts for health care, to fixing social security...he tried to warn them about Fannie May, they called him a idiot.. so all this BS that Bush and the Republicans didn't do anything to try and fix things is just a lie they can fall on to not have to accept any blame now...

belme1201
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM

Corporate profits? Low inflation? Booming economy WITH job growth? Deficits heading South? It's pretty tough to credit a single influence. Supply Siders sing a one note song. Check economic history, there is little to credit ol' Trickle Down for beside enriching those who received the largest tax cuts and creating huge deficits. Little progress has come the way of the Middle Class when under Supply Side influence.

ib1yysguy
08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
you are wasting your time..you will never convince him the Dems have ever done anything wrong..

the friggen Democrats blocked Bush at every thing he put out there, from health savings accounts for health care, to fixing social security...he tried to warn them about Fannie May, they called him a idiot.. so all this BS that Bush and the Republicans didn't do anything to try and fix things is just a lie they can fall on to not have to accept any blame now...

Yeah, if Bush had succeeded in putting your social security and health savings into the stock market, how well would that have worked out right around last November?

cawacko
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Corporate profits? Low inflation? Booming economy WITH job growth? Deficits heading South? It's pretty tough to credit a single influence. Supply Siders sing a one note song. Check economic history, there is little to credit ol' Trickle Down for beside enriching those who received the largest tax cuts and creating huge deficits. Little progress has come the way of the Middle Class when under Supply Side influence.

Hey, I was in the center of what created that mid to late '90's boom and its called the Silicon Valley (my California bias is not showing through here is it?). Man, there was no better place to work at any time then what was going for those few years. There are still amazing entrepreneurs doing amazing things in the Silcon Valley now but that four to five year period will probably not be repeated in a long long time.

cawacko
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah, if Bush had succeeded in putting your social security and health savings into the stock market, how well would that have worked out right around last November?

The options being floated for personal accounts were not just letting people throw their money in the stock market. In the plan had passed and been implemented within the last couple of years it would have been done mostly by people not about to retire in two or three years. And even if someone who was about to retire and decided they wanted a personal account (or anyone) the option was to only put a small (5% - 7% maybe?) amount into it.

belme1201
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM

pathetic

gwb promoted the "Ownership Society" frequently, including in 2 State of the Union addresses and in the 2004 campaign. Perhaps you can explain what he meant by his "Ownership Society" policy.
Also, maybe you can explain the influence of the Ranking Member, aside from talk, in the running of a Congressional Committee. Your guys are complaining bitterly about their lack of power now when in the Minority. How does that jibe with claiming the might of Frank when he was in the Minority? Words in Congress mean nothing, it is votes that count. Republicans rarely break ranks from their party, with Yellow Dog votes, they could have accomplished everything you blame Frank for preventing. You can blame Frank all you want for his political positions, but the failure to put bills onto the floor for votes belongs with the party in power, maybe under the influence of White House policy.

meme
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM
^^^wow, I didn't understand anything you just said...^^^

we just pointed out a few of the bills above that Bush and the Republicans tried to bring forward, it was the Democrats who blocked almost ALL OF THEM...
now just because the Democrats have a majority doesn't give them the right to just step over the Republicans and act like dictators...

where are those CHECKS AND BALANCES that you all screamed about during the Bush administration...

what about this thing you all called....RUBBER STAMPING...

where is that BI-PARTINSHIP you all screamed about during the Bush years..

all that just flew right out the window now that the Democrats have full control????

belme1201
08-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey, I was in the center of what created that mid to late '90's boom and its called the Silicon Valley (my California bias is not showing through here is it?). Man, there was no better place to work at any time then what was going for those few years. There are still amazing entrepreneurs doing amazing things in the Silcon Valley now but that four to five year period will probably not be repeated in a long long time.

Ah yes, the good old days! If it doesn't happen again soon, I may not be able to enjoy them. Said with envy.
(Good to talk to ya. I hope all is well.)

belme1201
08-02-2009, 11:26 PM

Are you saying the GOP didn't bring bills to the floor because of fear they would be defeated? Stupid politics, why not bring bills they believe in to the floor to demonstrate where the parties differ? The act of bringing a bill to the floor is totally in the hands of the Speaker and Committee Chairmen, all in the majority party. A simple majority within a comittee is all that's required to pass a bill to the floor for consideration.

Topspin
08-03-2009, 08:55 AM
only someone who hasn't checked the numbers would believe them.
Please check the 10 fold increase in other medical plans vs original budgets.

cawacko
08-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Ah yes, the good old days! If it doesn't happen again soon, I may not be able to enjoy them. Said with envy.
(Good to talk to ya. I hope all is well.)

That's not good to hear man. Hope everything is ok including your health.

belme1201
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
That's not good to hear man. Hope everything is ok including your health.

My health is fine, the new hip is fine, but the damn clock keeps running. I'm happy to report to you, having arrived here first, that all the juices still flow that did in the good old days. I still enjoy viewing the sights at the shore as they pass by however, using baseball terminology, the old boy doesn't make it from first to third as quickly any more. I have to resort to curves and sliders instead of the fast ball. Call it rust. I still recommend South Beach in Miami very highly to you young whippersnappers, it's the closest thing to the Copacabana here in the US.(I've been to Venice Beach) For oldsters, it's a good stop before the big journey.
Be well, I hope your health is OK too, and, for sure, I hope the RE market comes back in CA.

cawacko
08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
My health is fine, the new hip is fine, but the damn clock keeps running. I'm happy to report to you, having arrived here first, that all the juices still flow that did in the good old days. I still enjoy viewing the sights at the shore as they pass by however, using baseball terminology, the old boy doesn't make it from first to third as quickly any more. I have to resort to curves and sliders instead of the fast ball. Call it rust. I still recommend South Beach in Miami very highly to you young whippersnappers, it's the closest thing to the Copacabana here in the US.(I've been to Venice Beach) For oldsters, it's a good stop before the big journey.
Be well, I hope your health is OK too, and, for sure, I hope the RE market comes back in CA.

I've been to South Beach once and it was in 2003 when USC played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. I desperately wanted USC to make the national title game last year again because it was held at Orange Bowl and as you said South Beach is so much fun!!!

Good baseball analogies so I understand what you are saying. I've made trips to both Ohio and Virginia this year to see two sick and elderly grandparents. It's very hard to see them in current conditions but the overriding positive thought is that they've both lived long and great lives. I can only hope for the same. I hope you can say the same as well (I hope that comes across how I mean it).

belme1201
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I've been to South Beach once and it was in 2003 when USC played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. I desperately wanted USC to make the national title game last year again because it was held at Orange Bowl and as you said South Beach is so much fun!!!

Good baseball analogies so I understand what you are saying. I've made trips to both Ohio and Virginia this year to see two sick and elderly grandparents. It's very hard to see them in current conditions but the overriding positive thought is that they've both lived long and great lives. I can only hope for the same. I hope you can say the same as well (I hope that comes across how I mean it).

As I look back I can see nothing I would change. A great wife and families (hers and mine), an interesting profession, and all the fun and toys that a man could want. Mistakes? Sure, but nothing that didn't improve my life further on. It's been a good trip. I wish the same for you and all my friends and my enemies too.