PDA

View Full Version : On going Mel Gibson saga

klaatu
08-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Jewish groups react to Mel Gibson's apology for 'despicable'
Published: 7/30/2006 11:21:00 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jewish groups are fuming over Mel Gibson's apology for "dispicable" remarks he made during his arrest Friday in Malibu for investigation of drunken driving.

Entertainment Web site T-M-Z-dot-com is quoting a sheriff's department report that detailed an anti-Semitic tirade. T-M-Z has posted what it says are four pages from the original arrest report.

Gibson supposedly said "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asked the officer, James Mee, "Are you a Jew?"

Rabbi Marvin Hier (HY-er) of the Simon Wiesenthal Center says, quote, "if that's what he said, even under intoxication, it clearly shows that Mel Gibson has a problem with Jews."

Anti-Defamation League National Director Abraham Foxman says the apology is, quote, "unremorseful and insufficient."

The Los Angeles Times says the sheriff's department will investigate whether authorities gave Gibson preferential treatment and tried to cover up his alleged behavior.

Ok.. this was Gibsones apology:

Mel Gibson Apologizes for DUI, Statements

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday morning on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Abraham Foxman want Mel Gibson to say? What does he want" Gibson to forward over the money he made from "Passion" to the ADL? ;)
IMHO .. Foxman is a big hypocrite...Anti-Christian to the umpteenth degree.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
I had a training class yesterday and people were pissed about it.

klaatu
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM
I had a training class yesterday and people were pissed about it.

About Gibsons remarks, or Foxmans response to his apology?

robdastud
08-01-2006, 07:30 AM
ISN'T MEL A HOLYROLLER... I wouldn't think holyrollers would get drunk and put other peoples lives at risk by driving.... so typical of holyrollers... holyrollers are all about themselves... he don't care about other lives he puts at risk... hell he's gotta get to the next bar!!

and are the jewish suprised..holyrollers make outlandish statements daily... they should be used to it!

Damocles
08-01-2006, 07:30 AM
He had a .12! That's it. That is a "Man, I think your sister is cute!" level of drunk not a "Jews are the source of all that is evil!" level...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 07:31 AM
The PASSION of Mel's drinking and driving!

robdastud
08-01-2006, 07:32 AM
woah i didn't even READ the article!!! leave it to christian folks to one up everyone else.

jews should be used to this, they are always being persecuted by the christians, b/c christians are pieces of garbage, they are the scum of the earth.. why can't we all just get along?? b/c of christians.

charver
08-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Seriously, there are far too many people calling for apology upon apology for something or other. It doesn't seem to matter if an apology is heartfelt or genuine in any way, as long as some meaningless gesture is made and the press can say, "Ahh, he didn't really mean it after all".

I don't know if the jewish outburst is genuine or not, and i've never bothered watching the Passion, so i can't really comment on the 'anti-semitism' in it. However, if Mel Gibson is a raving anti-semite, an apology isn't really going to change that and i seriously doubt whether jews around the world are hanging on every word of a has-been actor and fifth rate film director.

After saying that, though, i think the apology should really have gone further. Did he even mention 'The Patriot'?

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I have absolutely no respect for the man anymore. That's just disgusting. I hope he gets blacklisted for this, because he definitely deserves it. I can't stand racist pigs and for the record hating thy neighbor is not a Christian act. It the act of a pig headed jerk who fortunately got caught on tape.
I saw the Passion, but I didn't think it was anti-semetic, however now that I know he's a anti-semetic pig, maybe I'll see it again with new eyes.

Jarod
08-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Mel Gibson, one of Hollywood's few Republicans...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
I have absolutely no respect for the man anymore. That's just disgusting. I hope he gets blacklisted for this, because he definitely deserves it. I can't stand racist pigs and for the record hating thy neighbor is not a Christian act. It the act of a pig headed jerk who fortunately got caught on tape.
I saw the Passion, but I didn't think it was anti-semetic, however now that I know he's a anti-semetic pig, maybe I'll see it again with new eyes.

i don't watch trash movies...

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Mel Gibson, one of Hollywood's few Republicans...

I don't believe he has officially declared any party at all. I think you may have jumpted on the "wish it were true" wagon...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't believe he has officially declared any party at all. I think you may have jumpted on the "wish it were true" wagon...

LOL... thats the funniest thing you've EVER said damo... he's not a republican like im not hot.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
LOL... thats the funniest thing you've EVER said damo... he's not a republican like im not hot.

LMAO, you're too much. :P

I don't know what his political affiliation is, however I will say this about allegedly devout Christians, I'm surprised more of them aren't anti-war peacniks. Turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor are Christian ideals and certainly backing up hte atrocities in the middle east are diametrically opposed to such notions. I've always scratched my head at that one.

Care4all
08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
He had a .12! That's it. That is a "Man, I think your sister is cute!" level of drunk not a "Jews are the source of all that is evil!" level....08 is legally drunk there so .12 is 50% higher than the legal level is what i just heard on the news....

sooooo, 50% higher alcohol level than the legal limit is pretty drunk, no?

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:11 AM

Okay... That's a bit disingenuous. There are many religious Democrats as well. This idea that a religious person must be a Republican is silly.

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:11 AM
LMAO, you're too much. :P

I don't know what his political affiliation is, however I will say this about allegedly devout Christians, I'm surprised more of them aren't anti-war peacniks. Turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor are Christian ideals and certainly backing up hte atrocities in the middle east are diametrically opposed to such notions. I've always scratched my head at that one.

its called hypocrisy...

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:12 AM
.08 is legally drunk there so .12 is 50% higher than the legal level is what i just heard on the news....

Not really. A person can reach .12 at his estimated weight on three drinks during dinner. .12 really isn't all that drunk.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Not really. A person can reach .12 at his estimated weight on three drinks during dinner. .12 really isn't all that drunk.

I thought .12 was a ratio, so three drinks on somone who's 100 lbs could be .1 while 3 drinks for someone who's 200 would be something like .05

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:20 AM
I thought .12 was a ratio, so three drinks on somone who's 100 lbs could be .1 while 3 drinks for someone who's 200 would be something like .05

It's a percentage. It depends on how long a person 200 lbs took to drink them. Once again .12 isn't all that drunk really. A person with .12 isn't fall down "I love you man!" kind of drunk...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
NICE SPIN!!!

HE IS DRUNK!!!! there is no grey... in california if you are a ..08 and above you are :cof1:

there is no line... well maybe if you are .08 there is some question... however a .12 is very :clink: :cof1:

by law he is a drunk driver... look at all you justifying drinking and driving...

Damocles

If a person that weighed only 100 lbs drank two drinks in an hour they likely would be at .12

Jarod
.08 is legally drunk there so .12 is 50% higher than the legal level is what i just heard on the news....

No, because the legal limit is so low it makes the law silly.

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
write your congressman.... LOL. its funny...when i was joking about my drunk driving... you all were down my back... now that mel is a big drunk driver everyone comes to his rescue.!!!

Care4all
damo

and as far as what mell said out of the clear blue....he said nothing that guys on our two sites from time to time haven't said.... gonzo, rcf maybe, uscitizen, jeepers and whiosa...i think?...etc.....

and there is alot going on with israel right now with killing all of those innocent children, women and men Lebanese people....yesterday and the day before were news filled days....with some bad situations for israel and their killings of the innocent...

it's not like those were his comments and thoughts because they were ''just festering within him'' for no apparent reason other than ''jew'' hatred....if that's what you were implying?

care

ps. i never saw passion of the Christ...don't know if it was anti-semetic, only heard from friends that it was not....?

Damocles
NICE SPIN!!!

HE IS DRUNK!!!! there is no grey... in california if you are a ..08 and above you are :cof1:

there is no line... well maybe if you are .08 there is some question... however a .12 is very :clink: :cof1:

by law he is a drunk driver... look at all you justifying drinking and driving...

Listen, I'm saying that the guy didn't have to get all that drunk before he started spouting this stuff, not that it is all good because he wasn't that drunk... You are reading this all wrong.

I could get all falling down on my face .30 type of drunk and still never spout that kind of thing. All it takes for Mel, about three drinks...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
damo its not my fault mel can't control his liquor....

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
damo

and as far as what mell said out of the clear blue....he said nothing that guys on our two sites from time to time haven't said.... gonzo, rcf maybe, uscitizen, jeepers and whiosa...i think?...etc.....

and there is alot going on with israel right now with killing all of those innocent children, women and men Lebanese people....yesterday and the day before were news filled days....with some bad situations for israel and their killings of the innocent...

it's not like those were his comments and thoughts because they were ''just festering within him'' for no apparent reason other than ''jew'' hatred....if that's what you were implying?

care

ps. i never saw passion of the Christ...don't know if it was anti-semetic, only heard from friends that it was not....?

I watched Passion of the Christ, I thought it was a good movie. And only anti-semitic if you are SUPERsensitive and want to find it in anything at all....

Anyway, he stated stuff that was more than "They are the cause of all the war in the world"... His comments were a bit over the top. Just as I would say they were for others stating the same thing on this site...

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
your not really a holyroller... there is a difference...holyrollers really hate everybody so you wouldn't ever think that... i was thinking of you last night actually on my way home from school damo... im waiting for elliotts CD to come out to buy you a copy and send it to you.

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
damo its not my fault mel can't control his liquor....

Which was my point. I don't think he was drunk enough to use "I was drunk" as an excuse. Inhibitions go away, but not entirely and especially not entirely at that level. He just wasn't all that superdrunk to be using the "I had some beer" as an excuse.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, if that's what comes out of your mouth when you're drunk, its obviously on your mind. It doesn't just come out of nowhere - granted it might not make sense - but it comes from your psyche. So, whether he was fall down drunk or tipsy, he's exposed.

Care4all
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM

really? did they just pull .08 out of their ''rearends'' as a number with no testing ....showing how driving is IMPAIRED enough to kill someone via driving at .08?

care

Jarod
08-01-2006, 08:29 AM
How one gets to a BAC, blood alchole level, is very complicated and is the physology is based on many factors. The body chemistry of the particular person, the weight, the other substances in the persons system all affect the abosrtion rate of the alchole in the blood. A breathalizer measures the percent of alchole in the air that is found in the deep lung tissue of the person being tested. The theory is that the air from the deep lung tissue is right next to the capaliaries in the lung and thus is effected by the blood in those capaliaries and BAC of the breath should aproximate that of the blood.

The gas chromatagraph has many factors that will affect a reading. It does not measure how "drunk" a person is. A person whil drinks a LOT may not be affected by a BAC of .1% while a child would likely be affected by a BAC of .05%. BAC while a factor in how "drunk" a person might feel... it is not the only factor and it is clearly not the determining factor.

IN Florida, there are two ways to be found guilty of DUI, 1) To have a BAC over a .08% 2) To be affected by alchole to the extent your "normal faculities" are impared. Normal faculities are the ability to walk, talk, see, hear, and generally carry out the duties of daily life. The two methods of proving DUI can be proven independently of each other, or can be a factor in proving the other.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:30 AM
really? did they just pull .08 out of their ''rearends'' as a number with no testing ....showing how driving is IMPAIRED enough to kill someone via driving at .08?

care

I've talked to people in the medical field and even they concur that .08 is a bit too strict. I think I can drive well after two or three drinks (wine or beer - not hard liquor) but I'm pretty sure I'd be way past hte legal limit.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
The gas chromatagraph has many factors that will affect a reading. It does not measure how "drunk" a person is. A person whil drinks a LOT may not be affected by a BAC of .1% while a child would likely be affected by a BAC of .05%. BAC while a factor in how "drunk" a person might feel... it is not the only factor and it is clearly not the determining factor.

I've often made this point in reference to drunk driving laws. None of them take your tolerance level into account.

Care4all
Well, if that's what comes out of your mouth when you're drunk, its obviously on your mind. It doesn't just come out of nowhere - granted it might not make sense - but it comes from your psyche. So, whether he was fall down drunk or tipsy, he's exposed.

yes, i agree it was certainly on his mind....

like many others on this board the last two weeks mouthing off at israel's actions....no?

btw, i don't agree with what he said, NOR WITH many of the negative and somewhat hateful comments made on this and the other boards regarding the Israelis....

i am not siding with mel.... i am just bringing up some fair points ....to be considered, imo.

and good morning to all!

care

Jarod
A big fat person who drinks a lot would not likely have any sign of imparement with a BAC of .08%. In fact I have been tested and when I have been at a .08% I personally did not feel affected by the alchole.. I am not fat, and I dont drink an incredable amount.

Damocles
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM

Exactly, and he didn't have to be all that drunk before his inhibition on this went to the wayside. This never would cross my mind, drunk or not... This is on his mind where it escapes from his inhibition when he really wasn't all that drunk. Definitely exposed IMO.

Jarod
08-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Ive always thought Gibson was a whacko.

klaatu
08-01-2006, 08:49 AM

Sure it is .. the guy is an Alcoholic ... he admits to it. Is alcoholism a disease...? Or maybe because its Mel Gibson the Hollywood Christian..the rules are different.
If Jerry Seinfeld were publically intoxicated and yelled out Christians were the root of all evil as robdawg the assclown does ... we would all be laughing about it ....

robdastud
08-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Sure it is .. the guy is an Alcoholic ... he admits to it. Is alcoholism a disease...? Or maybe because its Mel Gibson the Hollywood Christian..the rules are different.
If Jerry Seinfeld were publically intoxicated and yelled out Christians were the root of all evil as robdawg the assclown does ... we would all be laughing about it ....

last time i checked jerry seinfield was a commedian no??

well if he is an alcoholic maybe he should stop drinking no?? its called a program. usually alcoholics get help, but i guess he doesn't care about driving drunk or getting help, probably b/c he has low self esteem and doesnt' care about himself, maybe if he prayed to jesus he would take away his sins of the world and have mercy on him. or maybe he should have watched the infomercial and bought some miracle water!!! it cured a guy from his coke addiction, i can't see how it wouldn't help his alcoholism

klaatu
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
last time i checked jerry seinfield was a commedian no??

well if he is an alcoholic maybe he should stop drinking no?? its called a program. usually alcoholics get help, but i guess he doesn't care about driving drunk or getting help, probably b/c he has low self esteem and doesnt' care about himself, maybe if he prayed to jesus he would take away his sins of the world and have mercy on him. or maybe he should have watched the infomercial and bought some miracle water!!! it cured a guy from his coke addiction, i can't see how it wouldn't help his alcoholism

Rob .. you talk out of your ass! Did you ever hear of relapse? Or does this only apply to left wing addicts ...

The more you contribute to these boards the more I see the real you .. and that is a self pittying , low self esteem hateful person... you are everything you claim to be against.

Now go ahead, put a smile on your next post and claim you dont really mean the things you say ....

robdastud
08-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Klaatu i hate holyrollers b/c they discriminate and hate me. ive watched plenty, and i do mean PLENTY of youtube videos of protests and the like. so no i don't like holyrollers. and its not limited to xhistans.

all people have problems klaatu so why would mel be any different... gimmie a break. so am i supposed to feel sorry for him?? i got my own problems, and you got your problems and lance bass has his problems... who da funk cares.

robdastud
08-01-2006, 09:04 AM
and furthermore i don't hate you, i don't hate immy i just hate religion... there is a BIG big huge difference.

klaatu
08-01-2006, 09:14 AM
rob .. you come on to these boards everyday and stereotype. You pidgeon hole.
Guess what dude? Financially, Your demographic is doing pretty well compared to the rest of Society. You've got TV Shows all over the place, just turn on LifeStyle network... your demographic rules it!
Your Demographic is one of the highest earning groups in America!
Guess what? Most people really dont care .. so why obsess over the fringe?
Shit ... I know there are plenty of people out there who stereotype and dislike Italian Americans .. but I dont spend each day crying about it.
Your demographic is doing pretty damn good these days .. you need to open your eyes and realize it.
Reverse discrimination doesnt work .... the real Christian in me knows that ....

robdastud
08-01-2006, 09:19 AM
who hates italian americans? LOL

Damocles
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
who hates italian americans? LOL

There are many, it is usually the ones that stereotype them as all being part of the Mob or having connections within the Mob that dislike Americans of Italian descent.

klaatu
08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
There are many, it is usually the ones that stereotype them as all being part of the Mob or having connections within the Mob that dislike Americans of Italian descent.

right on! You watch when and if Gullianni decides to run.. be it for Prez or VP ... watch for the Mob connection stories. This in spite of his work against the Mob.
back in the Mario Cuomo days.. if there was a hint that he was going to run for President .. the mob connection stories started creeping into the press.

LadyT
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
yes, i agree it was certainly on his mind....

like many others on this board the last two weeks mouthing off at israel's actions....no?

care

I was/am one of those people. My complaints are in reference to a country acting way too aggressively and inappropiately, much like my complaints of the US, Mel's were over generalized stereotyping of a religion - vastly different.