PDA

View Full Version : clearification of a rule

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I have clearified what one of the main rules means:

3) No harassment or intimidation of other members
- This is to be defined as hostility and abuse outside the bounds of petty name calling that is clearly bothersome and uninvited by the receiving party. Real life threats of violence, claims to contact an employer or other personal number, blackmail, fall into this category.

This is what was always intended with that section, it never incorporated petty name calling, which is why I made a separate section discussing petty name calling. As such, the rules have not been changed, though they have been clarified.

We are still figuring out what to do about petty name calling.

Cancel7
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I couldn't care less what you guys end up doing with that forum, but the one thing that you are confusing me with is that posts like this seem to imply that threats of violence, blackmail, personal info, etc, are permitted in other forums, and that just has never been the case and isn't now.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
that's true darla, but the difference is on other forums we are more likely to just edit the offending posts, whereas here we are just going to place a ban.

Damocles
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
I couldn't care less what you guys end up doing with that forum, but the one thing that you are confusing me with is that posts like this seem to imply that threats of violence, blackmail, personal info, etc, are permitted in other forums, and that just has never been the case and isn't now.
True, but we will be much more strict and quick with the ban-hammer here.

charver
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM

Have you actually got a little hammer, like a proper judge? Maybe with the word 'ban' carved on the side? I really hope you have, it would make my day.

Oh and good luck with this new other board bit thing. I can see what you're trying to do.

Damocles
07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Have you actually got a little hammer, like a proper judge? Maybe with the word 'ban' carved on the side? I really hope you have, it would make my day.

Oh and good luck with this new other board bit thing. I can see what you're trying to do.
Well thanks.

And I wish I had a hammer like that. I do have a gavel from when I was the Master of my lodge. But it doesn't say "BAN" on the side of it.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2009, 11:46 AM
that's true darla, but the difference is on other forums we are more likely to just edit the offending posts, whereas here we are just going to place a ban.

So we can make threats of violence, blackmail, personal info, racial slurs, etc., in the other forums and not be banned for it? IS that what you're saying?

This is goofy as hell man! Why make a whole new forum to implement a policy that should already apply site wide for ALL forums? It makes NO sense!

My understanding, and I think the understanding of most people who have any sense, with the phrase "ABOVE THE FRAY" is that would prohibit name calling and flaming that doesn't have anything to do with the discussion. What you are essentially saying now is, the "new" board is the same as the old board, except you get to play dictator. Hell, you could have done that on the old forum, no need to make a new one!

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 11:51 AM
i want to play dictator by having less rules and less infractions. If I made more rules and punished people for the slightest utterance of a word such as "crybaby" then I am not a dictator.

ok.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
So we can make threats of violence, blackmail, personal info, racial slurs, etc., in the other forums and not be banned for it? IS that what you're saying?

yes. words like the n word and c word have been used before and no one has been banned. People have also threatened family members and have not been banned. So yes, that is correct.

Cancel7
07-31-2009, 11:55 AM

Damo, I made another contribution this afternoon. (still don’t' want the title please). Just want you to know that I am very willing to up the amount considerably and make it on a weekly or monthly basis in exchange for a little consideration.

We can talk. Call me.

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
And I wish I had a hammer like that.

you do realize that everything is available on the internet, don't you....

http://hzero.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/banhammer2.jpg

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
i want to play dictator by having less rules and less infractions. If I made more rules and punished people for the slightest utterance of a word such as "crybaby" then I am not a dictator.

ok.

No, what you want to do is a little tap dance around the rules and spirit of the "ABOVE the fray" board, so you can protect your little ass buddy friends who can't seem to manage a post without hurling an insult at someone. Like I said before, you are a total JOKE, and Damo is a total JOKE for putting up with your stupidity.

It's real simple guys... IF you sincerely want a forum free from muckraking insults and irrelevant personal attacks, make the rule... NO NAME CALLING! PERIOD! If your post is reported for this, you WILL be banned, end of discussion! I think we are all clear on when someone is being insulting and hurling irrelevant ad homenem attacks on people, and I assume the "report post" feature works! IF that's NOT what you really want, just be honest, don't pretend this "new" board is something it's not.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
it is something new. For example, we edited the offending posts. This would not have happened anywhere else on the site.

We banned someone for using racial slurs
We edited posts in which you were called a retard, a crybaby, and an idiot, among other things.

It is highly evident there is more control on this forum than everywhere else on the site.

That's what this board is for.

LadyT
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
No, what you want to do is a little tap dance around the rules and spirit of the "ABOVE the fray" board, so you can protect your little ass buddy friends who can't seem to manage a post without hurling an insult at someone. Like I said before, you are a total JOKE, and Damo is a total JOKE for putting up with your stupidity.

It's real simple guys... IF you sincerely want a forum free from muckraking insults and irrelevant personal attacks, make the rule... NO NAME CALLING! PERIOD! If your post is reported for this, you WILL be banned, end of discussion! I think we are all clear on when someone is being insulting and hurling irrelevant ad homenem attacks on people, and I assume the "report post" feature works! IF that's NOT what you really want, just be honest, don't pretend this "new" board is something it's not.

oh shut the fuck up the Dixie. You call people names all the god damn time.

You can't a week without calling someone a hypocrite.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
additionally dixie, and we've been over this, ib1 and watermark did not commit a bannable offense, as I had explicitly stated petty name calling is allowed, and if it is bothersome, the offending posts would be "edited, pruned, or deleted"

Cancel7
07-31-2009, 12:10 PM

Oh there's been a lot of drama around this. All of the biggest whiners have been the biggest offenders of making vile and vulgar posts. It's been the absolute height of irony. I am enjoying it.

cancel2 2022
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
additionally dixie, and we've been over this, ib1 and watermark did not commit a bannable offense, as I had explicitly stated petty name calling is allowed, and if it is bothersome, the offending posts would be "edited, pruned, or deleted"

Has he always been like this or is this something new? It seems to me that somebody as belligerent as he ought to be a little less thin skinned.

Hermes Thoth
07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Has he always been like this or is this something new? It seems to me that somebody as belligerent as he ought to be a little less thin skinned.

He's a one man army, marching for New Age world theocracy.

cancel2 2022
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
He's a one man army, marching for New Age world theocracy.

For a one man army, he still finds difficulty marching in step.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2009, 04:49 PM

The rule said it was allowable if the other party was not offended. You forgot that last part, dumbass. Frankly, I see no reason for anyone to EVER post on that board, if the rules are going to be what they've morphed into. It's silly and goofy, and that's what you and Damo should rename the forum... Silly and Goofy Plain Politics Board! That makes better sense...and we can make you Head Goofball!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 07:50 PM
yes. words like the n word and c word have been used before and no one has been banned. People have also threatened family members and have not been banned. So yes, that is correct.

do you realize you just said that posting personal information is not a bannable offense on the other forums.....

is this true?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-01-2009, 07:57 PM
do you realize you just said that posting personal information is not a bannable offense on the other forums.....

is this true?

It's certainly bannable but damo usually just edits the posts.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 08:10 PM
It's certainly bannable but damo usually just edits the posts.

last i knew damo was banning for it....and grind told two other posters that if they continued to post personal information it woudl result in a 3 day ban

BRUTALITOPS
08-01-2009, 09:39 PM

is this true?

we do it on a case by case basis. In the past we've usually just edited posts. For SOME *ahem* that have problems not being retarded and constantly posting places of business etc, we started handing out small 1-2 day bans.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
we do it on a case by case basis. In the past we've usually just edited posts. For SOME *ahem* that have problems not being retarded and constantly posting places of business etc, we started handing out small 1-2 day bans.

i see...so this forum, there is no case by case...it is just

ban

BRUTALITOPS
08-01-2009, 09:49 PM
i see...so this forum, there is no case by case...it is just

ban

yeah. Also we edit posts if someone reports being directly insulted, and we ban for racial (etc) slurs. This forum is basically just less b.s. Also I haven't done it yet, but if someone posted a bunch of smileys.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
yeah. Also we edit posts if someone reports being directly insulted, and we ban for racial (etc) slurs. This forum is basically just less b.s. Also I haven't done it yet, but if someone posted a bunch of smileys.

i understand what this forum is.....however, your caveats and special rules for this forum make it appear that the rest of the board is a free for all for that which not mentioned here....

Norman Paperman
08-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Clarification of "clearification" and "clearified," the actual spelling is "clarification" and "clarified." :D

BRUTALITOPS
08-02-2009, 01:02 AM
i understand what this forum is.....however, your caveats and special rules for this forum make it appear that the rest of the board is a free for all for that which not mentioned here....

it's much less strict. that's for sure

Minister of Truth
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM

But if I'm just fucking vulgar for fucking vulgarity's sake, do I fucking get in fucking trouble on this fucking forum, or will you just fucking do nothing, or perhaps just fucking edit out fucking words like fucking?

Can I just go about posting stuff like this? :1up:

Or scroll like this?

[b][badwordO_o]

USFREEDOM911
08-03-2009, 01:43 AM

[above area inappropriate]

USFREEDOM911
08-03-2009, 01:45 AM

And yet; you seem to pump out arterial blood, from the slightest paper cut.

LOL

USFREEDOM911
08-03-2009, 01:47 AM
But if I'm just fucking vulgar for f***ing vulgarity's sake, do I f***ing get in fucking trouble on this f***ing forum, or will you just f***ing do nothing, or perhaps just f***ing edit out fucking words like f***ing?

Can I just go about posting stuff like this? :1up:

Or scroll like this?

[b][badwordO_o]

Why are you treating timmie, so badly??

Damocles
08-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Damo, I made another contribution this afternoon. (still don’t' want the title please). Just want you to know that I am very willing to up the amount considerably and make it on a weekly or monthly basis in exchange for a little consideration.

We can talk. Call me.
:D

Minister of Truth
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
LOLZ Grind. Nice editing!! :clink:

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2009, 12:59 PM
3d i didn't say I WOULD, just that it's possible. Im such a nice guy :/

uscitizen
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM

Grind you have matured a lot since I first met you on politics BB's.
:clink:

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
err thanks uscitizen O_O

uscitizen
08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
YW, it was sort of a sideways compliment ;)
But I did intend it as a compliment.

Minister of Truth
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM

Tiiiiiight!!

:party: