PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Above Plain Politics Forum

Damocles
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
When I first created JPP.com my first thought was to create three interlocking boards, one where normal messageboard play took place, one "above" plain politics board and one "below" plain politics board where all the muckraking and flaming took place. This turned out to be a bit of a stretch. So instead we're looking to create an area on this board where flaming, etc. is not welcome (although the rest of the board remains unchanged).

My first thought on "Above" plain politics would be that we could speak here about strategy and higher-level politics without the detriment of political affiliation, but I realize that is not likely to happen. We have our bias. So the goal is now that this place will be set aside for conversations without trash-talk and trolls.

I hope you will enjoy this new addition, as well as use the newly redacted "War Zone" where the Flame Wars can take place.

Enjoy the board folks, we're here for fun and get to know and learn the opinions of others!

charver
07-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I think everyone is a little wary about posting here in case they get shouted at or deleted or something.

So here i am to break the wall of silence.

(feel free to delete this though)

Damocles
07-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I think everyone is a little wary about posting here in case they get shouted at or deleted or something.

So here i am to break the wall of silence.

(feel free to delete this though)
LOL. NO soup for you!

BRUTALITOPS
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
honestly the rules for this board would be what "normal rules" would be for every other message board.

DigitalDave
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Is there any possibility in pulling over the WaMu thread since it is pretty non-biased towards a political party and educational to the users? I would like it to be discussed more about the implications of what happened and get others actually interested in following the saga. Just a question, as I feel it's a pretty important topic to the future of our country.

Hermes Thoth
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
So damo grows a pussy and lets censor ship in. This blows damo. Really bad idea.

LadyT
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
oh man Damo, I feel bad now.

Cancel7
07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
oh man Damo, I feel bad now.

It's not the whole board, just this forum.

Jeff
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
So damo grows a pussy and lets censor ship in. This blows damo. Really bad idea.

The way I see it Ass Hat is if someone is offended by off color remarks they can post here, leave the rest of the board the way it is

Fish
07-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Without a ban on personal attacks, name calling, and cross thread quoting/paraphrasing this forum is a big waste of time.

DamnYankee
07-30-2009, 04:16 PM
...we're looking to create an area on this board where flaming, etc. is not welcome... In other words, The Southern Man's posting style does not have to change. *shrug*

Damocles
07-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Without a ban on personal attacks, name calling, and cross thread quoting/paraphrasing this forum is a big waste of time.
The rules state we'll prune them when we figure it is needed. We'll work at it and figure it out over time.

WinterBorn
07-30-2009, 04:51 PM
In other words, The Southern Man's posting style does not have to change. *shrug*

As a matter of fact, my posting style does not have to change either.

But there may end up being some rules concerning our little bickering matches, southernman.

Annie
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM
When I first created JPP.com my first thought was to create three interlocking boards, one where normal messageboard play took place, one "above" plain politics board and one "below" plain politics board where all the muckraking and flaming took place. This turned out to be a bit of a stretch. So instead we're looking to create an area on this board where flaming, etc. is not welcome (although the rest of the board remains unchanged).

My first thought on "Above" plain politics would be that we could speak here about strategy and higher-level politics without the detriment of political affiliation, but I realize that is not likely to happen. We have our bias. So the goal is now that this place will be set aside for conversations without trash-talk and trolls.

I hope you will enjoy this new addition, as well as use the newly redacted "War Zone" where the Flame Wars can take place.

Enjoy the board folks, we're here for fun and get to know and learn the opinions of others!

Can you give an example of what you believe to be 'above politics'? I've a pretty good idea of below.

Canceled1
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Ohhhh... I get it! A good board (above) :rolleyes: versus a bad board (below) :eek:.

Yeah!

Then the unbiased board mods will see all trash-talk and flame wars as bad across the board, won't defer to one group or the other, and then make the decision as to what's up from down, eh?

Is that kinda like knowing shit from shineola? :cof1::cof1:

Yeah that'll work! :pke:

Annie
07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Ohhhh... I get it! A good board (above) :rolleyes: versus a bad board (below) :eek:.

Yeah!

Then the unbiased board mods will see all trash-talk and flame wars as bad across the board, won't defer to one group or the other, and then make the decision as to what's up from down, eh?

Is that kinda like knowing shit from shineola? :cof1::cof1:

Yeah that'll work! :pke:

I asked Damo for a for instance. From you pov, it seems that no matter what's posted, all can just slam.

I would hope that there is room in some forum that doesn't become so convoluted with opposition posts, that discussion may be had.

For instance, a discussion on health care without bringing race into the discussion.

WinterBorn
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I asked Damo for a for instance. From you pov, it seems that no matter what's posted, all can just slam.

I would hope that there is room in some forum that doesn't become so convoluted with opposition posts, that discussion may be had.

For instance, a discussion on health care without bringing race into the discussion.

Oh! You want rational, reasonable discussions?

Nah, we don't do that here.

DamnYankee
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
As a matter of fact, my posting style does not have to change either.

But there may end up being some rules concerning our little bickering matches, southernman.
You have learned some things since your transformation from he who shall remain unnamed in this forum.

Canceled1
07-30-2009, 06:06 PM

I'll direct your attention to the other threads in this forum and say from my POV the slamming and flaming has already started.

The real intent of this forum will be manifest in how the mods handle said flaming/ers. As long as it is fair and equitable and not just a "he/she gets to stay because they agree with me", then I will abide by the rules.

Of course I would encourage any civil debate, but I would be a liar if I told you that if bit, I won't bite back.

Ain't gonna happen.

I think we should be able to have a plethora of discussions where race plays no role or part in it, unless it is specifically a part of the subject matter or debate.

I say when it starts to look like a pissing match rather than honest debate, the mods shut the thread down, or direct it to the appropriate "flame station".

What'cha think? :readit:

WinterBorn
07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
You have learned some things since your transformation from he who shall remain unnamed in this forum.

Oh? I didn't see anything that was seriously bad in the posts of his that I read.

DamnYankee
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh? I didn't see anything that was seriously bad in the posts of his that I read. Insulting another man's wife without provocation isn't bad?

WinterBorn
07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Insulting another man's wife without provocation isn't bad?

Insults are not against the rules. Flaming and insults are different things.

What was it he said? Did he call her some nasty name?

DamnYankee
07-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Insults are not against the rules. Flaming and insults are different things.

What was it he said? Did he call her some nasty name? I linked to your, er, that other poster's comment earlier today.

I didn't ask you if it was against the rules, just if you thought it was what a gentleman should say to another in a debate. *shrug*

WinterBorn
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I linked to your, er, that other poster's comment earlier today.

I didn't ask you if it was against the rules, just if you thought it was what a gentleman should say to another in a debate. *shrug*

:lol:

I didn't look at the link before. But that was funny.

And I didn't see where he said how she would be keeping it warm. It could be that she would offer a mitten to cover it or something. You could even say it was calling your wife a good samaritan.

But that was a funny comeback to your insult.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 06:51 AM

I didn't look at the link before. But that was funny.

And I didn't see where he said how she would be keeping it warm. It could be that she would offer a mitten to cover it or something. You could even say it was calling your wife a good samaritan.

But that was a funny comeback to your insult.
Imagine, you making lame excuses for "him" and thinking "he" was funny. *shrug*

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 06:58 AM
Imagine, you making lame excuses for "him" and thinking "he" was funny. *shrug*

If something is funny its funny.

And, like I said, it could be viewed as calling your wife a good samaritan. Otherwise you would be suggesting that she would stand idly by and watch a man get frost bite and possibly lose an appendage.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Lame. Don't mention it again.

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Lame. Don't mention it again.

Oh? Is that a veiled threat?

You are the one who has constantly brought up old posts, old posters, and other junk.

I think the idea that your wife would help a man not freeze body parts is admireable.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Second request. Don't mention it again.

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Now that you post it as a request, I can go along with that.

I don't take orders well, which is why I responded to the previous one as I did.

No big deal.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Now if you could just learn to shut your mouth instead of responding to every post...

Canceled2
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM

Exactly...the rules on harassment is too subjective. When a thread becomes a the playground for capping on those you don't like you have to ask the valid question "why post in this part of the forum?" It's a mockery to call it Above Plain Politics. Really, where is the difference from the rest of the board?

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Now if you could just learn to shut your mouth instead of responding to every post...

Coming from you, that is funny as hell.

You have talked about me (and another poster) not giving up and never letting go. And yet you are in it just as much and post just as often.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
there are some slight differences. It was never intended to be a big overall.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Coming from you, that is funny as hell.

You have talked about me (and another poster) not giving up and never letting go. And yet you are in it just as much and post just as often. According to the stats you post over 20% more frequently than I do. *shrug*

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 09:39 AM
According to the stats you post over 20% more frequently than I do. *shrug*

I guess I have a lot to say on a variety of topics.

How about running all the stats and letting me know how often you think I should be allowed to post.

I promise I will read it.

DamnYankee
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
I guess I have a lot to say on a variety of topics.

How about running all the stats and letting me know how often you think I should be allowed to post.

I promise I will read it. You can post as much as you want dude. I don't care either way.

WinterBorn
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
You can post as much as you want dude. I don't care either way.

I can tell.

WinterBorn
08-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Requests and more requests??

DamnYankee
08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks like you lied about that too.

WinterBorn
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Looks like you lied about that too.

I call it changing my mind. At the time I agreed to your request I was trying to get the bickering to stop. You made it obvious that you preferred the insults.

So you get the insults. You reap what you sow, in other words.

Damocles
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's take this conversation into some other area, folks. Thank you.

WinterBorn
08-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Let's take this conversation into some other area, folks. Thank you.

Will do.

Damocles
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Will do.
Thanks. The conversation topic is old hat and you don't have to stop that, but this forum is not the place for them.

DamnYankee
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I call it changing my mind. At the time I agreed to your request I was trying to get the bickering to stop. You made it obvious that you preferred the insults.

So you get the insults. You reap what you sow, in other words.

Lame excuse for a lie.

DamnYankee
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Let's take this conversation into some other area, folks. Thank you. No problem. :)

Minister of Truth
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Pruned.