PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry: If i were president everything in the world would be perfect

MasterChief
07-23-2006, 09:53 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/UPDATE/607230360

Damocles
07-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Well if I were president I'd be looking for "not-fat" as a good intern requisite...

:pke:

MasterChief
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
No shit, you think a President of the United States could at least line up a something worthwhile. :cof1:

Beefy
07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
So basically, John Kerry would have considered this more of our problem than W. Why don't we just elect Golda Mayer (SP)

Jarod
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Dont blame me, I voted for John Kerry.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Dont blame me, I voted for John Kerry.
Just like John Kerry wouldn't support action on Iraq or didn't think there were WMD.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

maineman
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
did I miss the paragraph in there about invading conquering and occupying Iraq? Did that get truncated on my copy?

Jarod
07-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Just like John Kerry wouldn't support action on Iraq or didn't think there were WMD.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

I would have supported simple air strikes on suspect Iraqi sites...

Brent
07-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Nobody can blame me... I voted for a right-wing nut, Michael Peroutka.

If I had to do it over again, I would vote the same.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Nobody can blame me... I voted for a right-wing nut, Michael Peroutka.

If I had to do it over again, I would vote the same.

That was the second election. I voted Badnarik.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 02:15 PM
I would have supported simple air strikes on suspect Iraqi sites...
So you admit that we believed there were WMD and that we went into Iraq based on believing they had WMD? NOT because of all the made up lefty answers of empire expansion, US aggression, zest for stealing oil, bombing brown people, etc...

Oh and Kerry changed his mind and supported Bush and the war in Iraq:

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

His words are that of any careful lefty politician, vague enough to make it look like he did or did not support the war depending on how popular the war went, but remembering the context, there was little question that the vote in 2002 on Iraq was for the path of war.

Jarod
07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
So you admit that we believed there were WMD and that we went into Iraq based on believing they had WMD? NOT because of all the made up lefty answers of empire expansion, US aggression, zest for stealing oil, bombing brown people, etc...

Oh and Kerry changed his mind and supported Bush and the war in Iraq:

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

His words are that of any careful lefty politician, vague enough to make it look like he did or did not support the war depending on how popular the war went, but remembering the context, there was little question that the vote in 2002 on Iraq was for the path of war.

I admit there was SOME evidence that Saddam had WMD, clearly not enough to justify a ground invasion. Maybe enough for air strikes on suspected WMD cites...MAYBE.

DO you know what "if necessary" means?

LadyT
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM

Key phrases:

"IF NECESSARY"
"I BELIEVE THAT A DEADLY ARSENAL OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN HIS HANDS IS A REAL AND GRAVE THREAT....."

he didn't imply that he knew that Saddam had a WMD program and additionally "If necessary". If the inspections didn't uncover and WMD program, if the US intel couldn't pinpoint it, if most of his arsenal of know materials was degrading, an invasion wasn't necessary.

npwalton6681
04-25-2008, 04:56 AM
More ads...

Cancel7
04-25-2008, 05:15 AM
More ads....

Oh for christ sakes, can't we take up a collection for BB's beer money?

Damocles
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Quit quoting the dudes ads.