PDA

View Full Version : Give me a sandwich idea

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm talking fancy awesome sandwiches. Something for my advanced and sophisticated palate. Please advise.

p.s. i hate ham.

USFREEDOM911
07-24-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm talking fancy awesome sandwiches. Something for my advanced and sophisticated palate. Please advise.

p.s. i hate ham.

Liverwurst, cheese, mayo, and chips between two slices of fresh baked bread.

Beefy
07-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Liverwurst, cheese, mayo, and chips between two slices of fresh baked bread.

Good call on the liverwurst.

Salami, mayo and peanut butter. Before you start crying "troll!", try it, its waaay better than it sounds.

USFREEDOM911
07-24-2009, 02:25 AM

Salami, mayo and peanut butter. Before you start crying "troll!", try it, its waaay better than it sounds.

Sounds good.
I'll have to try it.

Beefy
07-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Sounds good.
I'll have to try it.

Theres that real dense German white roll that goes great with liverwurst (we always called it braunschweiger), thin smelly cheese - i forget what thats called too (stinks to high heaven but tastes great) and mayo. Sometimes mustard.

I'll get the names tomorrow when I call my ma,

USFREEDOM911
07-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Theres that real dense German white roll that goes great with liverwurst (we always called it braunschweiger), thin smelly cheese - i forget what thats called too (stinks to high heaven but tastes great) and mayo. Sometimes mustard.

I usually refer to liverwurst as braunschweiger also; but I forgot how to spell it.

LOL

WinterBorn
07-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Peanut butter and onion.

Make sure its creamy peanut butter. The best onions for this are vidalias, but any sweet onion will do nicely. And don't skimp on the onions.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
07-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Mozarella slabs (from the deli area) and tomato slices on french bread with butter and basil. It's very parisienne.

uscitizen
07-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Spam, onions and yellow mustard.

Damocles
07-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Do the Elvis sandwich, waaaay better than it sounds and oh so very decadent.

Grilled peanut butter, bacon, and banana sandwich...

It is awesome.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Do the Elvis sandwich, waaaay better than it sounds and oh so very decadent.

Grilled peanut butter, bacon, and banana sandwich...

It is awesome.I've actually had that at "Elvis Presly's Memphis" restruant on the corner of Beale St and Front St in Memphis. Personally, I thought it was an aquired taste. To sweet for me.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 10:34 AM
If you like grilled sandwhiches try a grilled panini.

Here's one I like with soup. on a slice of potato bread place some slices of prusciotto, jarlsburg cheese and thinly sliced turkey breast. place another piece of potato bread, butter both sides and grill till bread is crispy and cheese melted. This is awesome with soup.

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2009, 10:45 AM
mott you are the winnner so far, no thanks to all the freaks and their weird peanut butter concoctions

Damocles
07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Gourmet takes a long time to prepare, but if you are willing to take the time I have several recipes that will knock you over. Here is one of my faves.

Okay, if you want good but for some obscure and incomprehensible reason hate peanut butter, go with this:

Fried Catfish Sandwiches with Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato

Ingredients:
For the sauce

* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 1 1/2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, chopped fine
* 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
* a pinch of cayenne
* 1 tablespoon bottled cocktail sauce, or to taste

* all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper for dredging the fish
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
* cornmeal for dredging the fish
* four 1/2-pound catfish fillets, halved crosswise
* vegetable oil for deep-frying the fish
* 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
* soft-leafed lettuce for the sandwiches
* 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
* 16 slices of lean bacon, cooked

Preparation:

Make the sauce:
In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, the relish, the capers, the mustard, the lemon juice, the cayenne, the cocktail sauce, and salt and pepper to taste and chill the sauce, covered.

Have ready in separate shallow dishes the flour, the eggs beaten with the salt and the cayenne, and the cornmeal. Dredge each catfish fillet half in the flour, shaking off the excess, dip it in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, and dredge it in the cornmeal. Transfer the fish as it is coated to a wax paper-lined baking sheet. In a kettle heat 1 inch of the oil to 375°F. on a deep-fat thermometer, in it fry the fish in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through and the coating is crisp, and transfer it with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain.

On the bottom halves of the rolls layer the lettuce, the tomatoes, the bacon, the fish, the sauce, and the top halves of the rolls.

DamnYankee
07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
My Mom was the world's greatest sandwich maker. The ingredients were whatever she had available. During the summer my grandfather had a huge garden and my Dad took us fishing a lot, hence one of our favorite sandwiches, mackerel and cucumber, with a little bit of mayo.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Here's another one of my favorite sandwhiches. BTW, the real secret to a great sandwhich is good bread.

Take two slices of 7 grain bread. slather on a healthy amount of mayo or creole mustard (which ever you prefer). Add a slice of swiss cheese (pepper jack is good too). Add some lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices, and MOUNDS of super thinly sliced chipped ham. If the top piece of bread sits level on the sandwhich, add more chipped ham.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Here's my version of a seafood PoBoy.

a fresh baguette for the bread.

You'll need a cup of lump crab meat, 1 cup of salad shrimp, 1 cup of crawfish tail meat (that's about 2 lbs of crawfish). Mix together with 1 cup of mayo, some lemon juice, a dash of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and a half tsp of old bay seasoning. Mix well. cut an appropriate length of the baguette and split it. Add some shreded cabbage or cole slaw (if you don't like cabbage add some cucumber slices to give it some crunch). Spoon in sandwhich mix.

Also, you can place a pile of this on top of some mixed greens for an awesome salad, but who needs that green shit, right?

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
p.s. i hate ham.

i might do it with turkey though

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
i might do it with turkey though
Whoops. I didn't see that and yes. Thinly sliced turkey breast is an excellent substitute. Key here is good bread, pile on the meat!!

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
i think the hardest part about constructing a sandwich is knowing what condiment to use.

Mott the Hoople
07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
i think the hardest part about constructing a sandwich is knowing what condiment to use.
Experiment!! :) That's the beauty of sandwhiches. You're only limited by your imagination.

Cancel5
07-24-2009, 08:47 PM

p.s. i hate ham.

Salmon, cream cheese and hot peppers! Perfect on a kaiser roll!

Cancel5
07-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Liverwurst, oh, barf! How about just putting intestines on a bun?

Cancel5
07-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Limburger?

FUCK THE POLICE
07-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Alright, make LOTSA BACON, then make two waffles, then stick the bacon BETWEEN the waffles, eat, and then die.

uscitizen
07-24-2009, 09:18 PM
How about a conservative between 2 1 ton slabs of concrete with a tax cut condiment?

Damocles
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Alright, make LOTSA BACON, then make two waffles, then stick the bacon BETWEEN the waffles, eat, and then die.
I suggest taking 12 eggs, removing the whites, making an omelet and adding it to this sandwich.

Demwit
07-24-2009, 09:34 PM

You left off the syrup???

Cancel5
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Mozarella slabs (from the deli area) and tomato slices on french bread with butter and basil. It's very parisienne.

A dick with good taste...

USFREEDOM911
07-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Are you admitting that you've had dick that you didn't enjoy the taste of??

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2009, 01:26 AM

..pass

Cancel5
07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
..pass

I understand.

Mott the Hoople
07-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Ahhh considering the context of this thread, you may wish to rephrase that? LOL

Minister of Truth
07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Liverwurst, oh, barf! How about just putting intestines on a bun?

Uh, hotdog bun with hotdog is an excellent sandwich with intestines on a bun!!

http://fail.com.br/inc/img.functions.php?pic=../galleries/topfail/z1.jpeg&maxS=505