PDA

View Full Version : Well? Why aren't the problems solved yet?

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Demos won the elections, and took control of Congress, now where is their plan? Why are we still dying in Iraq? Why are illegals still streaming across our borders? Why do most Americans lack health care insurance? And when are the taxes going up again? The rich people and I, want to know why our taxes are so low under this new Democrat leadership?

You do realize, with complete control of Congress, the Democrats will actually have to implement a plan they don't have, or haven't shared with the American people? It's not likely that America is going to suddenly forget what Democrats ran on, and even though Democrats will try to forget, it is going to be unavoidable. You are now the party in power, and people are going to expect you to fix these problems you have been clamoring about, and if you don't fix them to America's satisfaction, you will go down in flames in '08.

From what I have seen, there is this arrogant liberal attitude from the Democrats, that seems to ignore the voices of opposition, and insist on being defiantly partisan. It's as if you think, because you won this election, the opposition views no longer count, and those who disagree with you are just supposed to sit down and shut up. Well, guess what? That isn't going to happen. I plan to be here everyday for the next two years, bashing you over the head with the same hammer you've used on Republicans, demanding that the problems be solved and resolved in bipartisan manner.

What is the current death toll in Iraq? Because, now, it's a Democrat problem! FIX IT!

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Well it will take years to straighten out the mess Bush made.

Cypress
11-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Well? Why aren't the problems solved yet?

Demos won the elections, and took control of Congress, now where is their plan? Why are we still dying in Iraq? Why are illegals still streaming across our borders? Why do most Americans lack health care insurance? And when are the taxes going up again? The rich people and I, want to know why our taxes are so low under this new Democrat leadership?

Remedial American Civics Lesson:

Dems don't take power until January 2007.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Well it will take years to straighten out the mess Bush made.

Good luck running on that in '08.

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Actually dixies question was the one the republicans were asking their reps before the election. That is why so many of them are gone now.

Onceler
11-08-2006, 08:02 AM
"I plan to be here everyday for the next two years, bashing you over the head with the same hammer you've used on Republicans"

I think I lost count of all of the threads that Dixie started on FP blasting the Democrats for doing nothing but bashing Bush & the GOP. I absolutely knew, without any doubt whatsoever, that the above would be his response if the Democrats regained the majority. It was almost too predictable.

Blackflag
11-08-2006, 08:07 AM

Quoted for truth. Go back to school Dixie retard.

AnyOldIron
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
What is the current death toll in Iraq? Because, now, it's a Democrat problem! FIX IT!

I have the impression that you are quite cowardly, Dixie, and are incapable of accepting responsibility for the negative effects of your actions.

The Republicans have caused the problem in Iraq, to say that now the US has rejected the Repo party it is a Dem problem... when the cause is still occupying the executive, is certainly shirking responsibility....

Prakosh
11-08-2006, 08:10 AM

You do realize, with complete control of Congress, the Democrats will actually have to implement a plan they don't have, or haven't shared with the American people? It's not likely that America is going to suddenly forget what Democrats ran on, and even though Democrats will try to forget, it is going to be unavoidable. You are now the party in power, and people are going to expect you to fix these problems you have been clamoring about, and if you don't fix them to America's satisfaction, you will go down in flames in '08.

From what I have seen, there is this arrogant liberal attitude from the Democrats, that seems to ignore the voices of opposition, and insist on being defiantly partisan. It's as if you think, because you won this election, the opposition views no longer count, and those who disagree with you are just supposed to sit down and shut up. Well, guess what? That isn't going to happen. I plan to be here everyday for the next two years, bashing you over the head with the same hammer you've used on Republicans, demanding that the problems be solved and resolved in bipartisan manner.

It took 12 years to bring us to this situation and the losers are now screaming for an instant fix. They couldn't do it controlling everything and they want us to do it the day after the election. I think this attitude of flag boy's is a good example, in fact an excellent example of why his party, the party he voted for in protest, is no longer in power in the House and Senate.

There are winners and losers. Too bad he can't see how the system relegates him to the loser position and seek an answer to his own dilemma instead of lashing out as a wounded dog would do. One would think given the severity of the trouncing that BILLO would at least have gotten a little humility but it is not to be. He can always go back to his drug-addled hero Rush and continue to plagiarize his name sake BILLO. And apparently that is the direction that he has chosen.

And somebody tell the poor deluded man that Bush is still the Commander-in-Chief!!!!!

DEMOCRACY NOW!!!

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 08:13 AM

Oh, I fully understand this, I was being somewhat sarcastic with my thread. I'll give the Dummycrats time to put up the new drapes, but then I am going to expect solutions to the problems. I'm not going to be content with uscitizen's bullshit about it taking time, the people want change, the dems promised it, let's have it!

Every day someone dies in Iraq, I plan to blame the Democrats!
Every day more illegals stream across the border, I plan to blame Democrats!
Every day Michael J. Fox still has Parkinson's, I plan to blame Democrats!

All of this hyped-up concocted and contrived bullshit you manufactured to run on, is going to be thrown back in your face daily, for the next two years. San Fran Nan has no intentions of being bipartisan, and this will be exploited daily as well. We'll see how well a bunch of liberals with no real support, can survive in an environment of being held completely responsible, yet unable to produce any real change.

Onceler
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
If I didn't know any better, I would guess that Dixie actually WANTS the situation in Iraq & other problems to get worse, just for political gain.

Please tell me that ain't so, Dix...

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
The Republicans have caused the problem in Iraq, to say that now the US has rejected the Repo party it is a Dem problem... when the cause is still occupying the executive, is certainly shirking responsibility

Not at all shirking anything. America doesn't care who is responsible now, that matter has been settled. America does expect change, because that is what Democrats ran on, and the rhetorical blustering about this being "Bush's War" is over, it's now the Democrats problem to handle, they are in charge, and they will be expected to lead. The president doesn't control the legislative branch, and he can't be blamed for these problems any longer. If the Democrats fail to do as promised, or if they try to continue hiding behind rhetoric of the past, they will go down in flames in '08.

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Hmm Oncelor, it seems that is the song Dixie has been singing for a while, but about the demoncrats.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
If I didn't know any better, I would guess that Dixie actually WANTS the situation in Iraq & other problems to get worse, just for political gain.

Please tell me that ain't so, Dix...

Not at all! Are you kidding me? With Nancy, Harry, and Kerry in charge, I am confident that all the problems of the middle east are about to just evaporate before our eyes! I expect the leaders of Congress to solve these problems as they said they could do, and I plan to hold them accountable. If one more US soldier dies in Iraq, it's the Democrats fault, as far as I'm concerned.

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 08:29 AM
And No Dixie the war is still Bush's war, he is still the president.
Dixie reminds me of a little poopy pants child that made the mess and now expects someone else to clean it up.

Prakosh
11-08-2006, 08:30 AM

BILLO (impersonator?), please do something about the internal contradictions that plague nearly every one of your posts. This post is no different. Here you simultaneously claim that the Democrats had no "plan" in this election, yet you claim that "America is [not] going to suddenly forget what Democrats ran on." Indicating by the second statement that the Democrats indeed did put forward something that resembled a plan or a program that they will be responsible to the American people for implementing. Obviously you are a confused writer. Now that you have become a spelling expert, and monitor, you might try working on your thinking, it needs serious attention.

DEMOCRACY NOW!

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 08:31 AM

I have the impression that you are quite cowardly, Dixie, and are incapable of accepting responsibility for the negative effects of your actions.

The Republicans have caused the problem in Iraq, to say that now the US has rejected the Repo party it is a Dem problem... when the cause is still occupying the executive, is certainly shirking responsibility....
Of course Dixie is a coward, as are the vast majority of the bush supporters. Fear made them invade Iraq, Fear makes them talk about invading Iran and North Korea. they are a sky is falling fear driven bunch.
Remember the islamofascists have a 20 yr plan to take over the world :)

Onceler
11-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Not at all! Are you kidding me? With Nancy, Harry, and Kerry in charge, I am confident that all the problems of the middle east are about to just evaporate before our eyes! I expect the leaders of Congress to solve these problems as they said they could do, and I plan to hold them accountable. If one more US soldier dies in Iraq, it's the Democrats fault, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, that's somewhat irrational. The current policy was orchestrated by Bush and Rumsfeld (who is history, btw), and the results of it will be felt until a new policy can be implemented (and there will be a new policy, btw).

Tough to be you this morning. You staked everything on the ol' Iraq War, and it likely created what could be another decades-long run for the Democrats. You could be an old man before the GOP even gets near the House again.

I can't imagine how that feels...

AnyOldIron
11-08-2006, 08:58 AM
The president doesn't control the legislative branch, and he can't be blamed for these problems any longer.

Ha! Ha! Ha!.... He is fully to blame for the problems.. He is the cause...

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah, the president HAS been controlling the leglislative branch.
But no longer :)

maineman
11-08-2006, 09:11 AM

hey, you guys ran on less than that in 04 and 06

maineman
11-08-2006, 09:15 AM
and is Dixie suggesting that Bush will not veto any of the plans put forth by the new democratic majority in congress? If he wants us to solve all the messes his party made, he's gotta get the word to Dubya to not stand in our way and to keep the veto pen in the desk drawer.

Onceler
11-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Dixie has predicted so much "future" backlash for Democrats that he has been woefully wrong about...Schiavo, Bolton, overplaying the Abramoff hand, the Iraq War (that was a doozy), Howard Dean as head of the DNC; all of these were supposed to make the Democrats a permanent fringe party, as I recall.

Oops....

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 09:44 AM
dixie is right on in predictions if read in a mirror.

Prakosh
11-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Is it even possible to ascertain what Dixie is suggesting?

I think he is mostly just blithering, sputtering and whining.

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Is it even possible to ascertain what Dixie is suggesting?

I think he is mostly just blithering, sputtering and whining.

Yep, Same old dixie.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow, it's worse than I thought. Apparently you guys don't realize you won. Your case was made to the people, and the people put you in charge! I would suggest you stop wasting time bashing me and Bush, and get busy governing, because the people expect change... let's have it!

You can no longer sit on your ass and lob shit bombs at Bush, while you whine and moan about not having power. You've got Congress now, you are in charge. There is no one left for you to blame and criticize, and continuing to do this now, is going to fall on unsympathetic and deaf ears.

How much longer are we going to be in Iraq? Why aren't we home yet? Can't your Congress do something? Oh, I realize they aren't in session yet, and it will be January, but I hope you get the message here, your days of sitting on your ass complaining about Bush are over. From here on out, you are going to be expected to change whatever the fuck you think we need to change, and if Iraq doesn't get better fast, you are going to share the blame. In other words, America agrees... it's Bush's Mess... You Win! Now, FIX IT!

Prakosh
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
He's become so disconsolate he is blatantly repeating himself. Poor BILLO it must really suck to be you right now!!!!

Onceler
11-08-2006, 10:25 AM
"Wow, it's worse than I thought. Apparently you guys don't realize you won. Your case was made to the people, and the people put you in charge! I would suggest you stop wasting time bashing me and Bush, and get busy governing, because the people expect change... let's have it! "

Actually, I'm not in Congress. I can continue to bash the hell out of both Bush & you, and rest assured, I will.

And don't worry about the change thing - you'll get it. Rummy? Gone. Evangelicals? Marginalized politically, probably for our lifetime. Minimum wage? Up. Environment? Back in the forefront. Troops? Probably coming home sooner than it looked like they were about a day ago.

You'll get plenty of change...

AnyOldIron
11-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Actually, I'm not in Congress. I can continue to bash the hell out of both Bush & you, and rest assured, I will.

Which will be like a gentle pat on the back compared to the bashing the Bush regime will get from history...

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Like I said anyold, this is just beginning, and we must see it thru to ensure Bush gets the place he deserves in history.

Prakosh
11-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I for one do not relish living long enough to see Bush's place in history. I am more concerned with the location of where he sleeps each night. I would really love to see him relegated to a tent and sleeping bag along some stream in Texas.

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I for one do not relish living long enough to see Bush's place in history. I am more concerned with the location of where he sleeps each night. I would really love to see him relegated to a tent and sleeping bag along some stream in Texas.
I would prefer under an overpass in Dallas, with no tent or sleeping bag or tent. Let him experience the homeless lifestyle for a year or so. He might even meet a couple of true Vietnam VETS !

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
BILLO (impersonator?), please do something about the internal contradictions that plague nearly every one of your posts. This post is no different. Here you simultaneously claim that the Democrats had no "plan" in this election, yet you claim that "America is [not] going to suddenly forget what Democrats ran on." Indicating by the second statement that the Democrats indeed did put forward something that resembled a plan or a program that they will be responsible to the American people for implementing. Obviously you are a confused writer. Now that you have become a spelling expert, and monitor, you might try working on your thinking, it needs serious attention.

DEMOCRACY NOW!

Hey I like Dixie..ya must be a University proffessor...never got your hands dirty... but have all the answers...:rolleyes:

Hey I like Dixie...you must be a University Professor...never got your hands dirty...but have all the answers!:pke:

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I would prefer under an overpass in Dallas, with no tent or sleeping bag or tent. Let him experience the homeless lifestyle for a year or so. He might even meet a couple of true Vietnam VETS !

I am a VN era vet..and did quite well...and excuse me Mr.Vet ... who claims to have been a Sgt E-6 and was assigned to Air America in 'Laos' during the VN era...not to mention being a E-6 when ya were drafted for two years of service( I realize the Army promotes fast...but not that fast!)...not nice for those who live in a glass house to throw stones...dont'cha think...and by the way try 'Air America'..in Cambodia...more realistic...me thinks ya watch way too many movies...imho!:pke:

bob
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM

thats like getting into a car to go somewhere and asking "why were arnt there yet" before the keys are even in the ignition..... i sense a lil dissapoitment

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I am a VN era vet..and did quite well...and excuse me Mr.Vet ... who claims to have been a Sgt E-6 and was assigned to Air America in 'Laos' during the VN era...not to mention being a E-6 when ya were drafted for two years of service( I realize the Army promotes fast...but not that fast!)...not nice for those who live in a glass house to throw stones...dont'cha think...and by the way try 'Air America'..in Cambodia...more realistic...me thinks ya watch way too many movies...imho!:pke:

The new Dano personna ?

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 02:53 PM
The new Dano personna ?

Ya mean 'Dana' like in the Ex-Files...not quite although I can be related to Area51...lol

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Ya mean 'Dana' like in the Ex-Files...not quite although I can be related to Area51...lol

Yeah you are sort of interdimensional ;)

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah you are sort of interdimensional ;)

Ya have absolutely no idea whom ya are talking too...carry on though!

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Ya have absolutely no idea whom ya are talking too...carry on though!
Well we are in the same boat then ;)
You wanna paddle or bail ?

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Well we are in the same boat then ;)
You wanna paddle or bail ?

My boat has a Force 125hp outboard...sorry ya betta paddle fast!

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Hmm mine just has a 70hp, but my weenie is bigger than yours :D

Damocles
11-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Hmm mine just has a 70hp, but my weenie is bigger than yours :D

:lolup:

Gaffer
11-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Here's the dems big opportunity.

First they will force Bush to with draw the troops by cutting off funding. Once the troops withdraw the funding for iraq will also be stopped. Giving the iraqi government no way to fund its own defense and rebuilding. A civil war will break out which the shite's will win by sheer numbers. They will establish a shea run government under iranian influence. They will then invite iran to send troops in to help quell the last of the insergents and put down the kurds.

Weapons and troops will begin funneling into syria to support hibbola. Uprisings will begin in earnest in jordan and saudi and kwait with the eventual toppling of those governments. egypt and turkey will go down the same way. And the caliphate will be established.

You can watch it all slowly unfold over the next few years.

Battleborne
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM

Leave it to the Libs...always comes down to their private parts...where in my post was 'Weenies' mentioned...lol at Mr.Dynomite! 6'4" 250lbs with a two inch fuse...:shock:

bob
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM

lol

uscitizen
11-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Well battleguy this seemed to be coming down to a mine is bigger than yours kind of argument, so I just decided to jump right to the end chapter ;)
6'4" ????

Jarod
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM

Its 2008??? The mess is still with us, and most are still blaming Bush!

uscitizen
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah looks like the repubs will lose more seats than they did in 2004.
Perhaps next time the dems will have enough power to overcome the obstructionist repubs.