PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game

Minister of Truth
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM
American League beat the National League, as per always.

Seriously, the NL is so lame, they haven't won the game since 1996, and probably no more than 3 times in my whole lifetime. But its always fun, even though there's no guesswork as to who will win...

And yes, I mostly just posted this to rag on the NL, but I love baseball, and the All-Star Game. I'm assuming it will be hosted in the new Yankees stadium next year...

Thorn
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
American League beat the National League, as per always.

Seriously, the NL is so lame, they haven't won the game since 1996, and probably no more than 3 times in my whole lifetime. But its always fun, even though there's no guesswork as to who will win...

And yes, I mostly just posted this to rag on the NL, but I love baseball, and the All-Star Game. I'm assuming it will be hosted in the new Yankees stadium next year...

It's okay, I love baseball too, and the NL is traditionally pretty pitiful. I also enjoy the HR derby.

BRUTALITOPS
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM

umm no it was just hosted there last year. I think angels get it next year

BRUTALITOPS
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
and obviously the NL just can't hold a candle to the superior AL

Minister of Truth
07-16-2009, 04:19 AM
umm no it was just hosted there last year. I think angels get it next year

Ah, that's right. I guess they wanted it one last time before destroying it, rather than when the new stadium was in its first year. In Seattle, we have hosted it when we had a brand new stadium, so that's 1978 and 2000.

You guys will probably get it whenever Fenway is in its last season. Seriously, its sad to lose the old Yankee's stadium, and now all we have left are Fenway and Wrigley. Its great history...

BRUTALITOPS
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
we bostonians will never get rid of fenway O_O

Minister of Truth
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
we bostonians will never get rid of fenway O_O

That would be nice.

http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/american/fenwaypark.jpg