PDA

View Full Version : Condi Not on the Right Page

OrnotBitwise
07-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Anyone else get a bit of a sardonic chuckle for this juxtaposition?

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she believes a "comprehensive settlement" to the Mideast crisis can be reached this week, including a cease-fire and an international force to help the Lebanese army control southern Lebanon.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/31/mideast.rice/index.html

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday there would be no cease-fire in the coming days to stop fighting between his nation's forces and Lebanon-based Hezbollah militia.

"Quite a few days of fighting are still before us," Olmert told a conference of local officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/31/mideast.main/index.html

maineman
07-31-2006, 01:26 PM
the neocons have so destroyed our international credibility, no nation is going to take us seriously for quite some time.

there WAS a time when Israel would listen when the President of the United States spoke.... not anymore.

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Clinton destroyed our national credibility to. Don't you remember the Chinese incident? Or do liberals reboot after each of their fuck-ups leaves office?

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
*too

OrnotBitwise
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Clinton destroyed our national credibility to. Don't you remember the Chinese incident? Or do liberals reboot after each of their fuck-ups leaves office?
To what "Chinese incident" do you refer? The only one I can think of offhand only bothers cons: most people, world wide, don't care.

As much as I disliked Clinton, the best Republican president of the past fifty years, he did a pretty good job on international relations. Our credibility was quite healthy in 2000.

IHateGovernment
07-31-2006, 01:59 PM
My guess is he was talking about the bombing of their embassy.

OrnotBitwise
07-31-2006, 02:08 PM
My guess is he was talking about the bombing of their embassy.
Oh, that incident. Hmm. That was more of a NATO screwup than a Clinton fox paw, I think. I'm not aware that it reflected on him, particularly, nor on the United States -- except to the extent that NATO is seen as a stalking horse for U.S. interests.

It did reflect poorly on the CIA, of course, but they're already more hated around the world than almost any other extant organization.

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Excluding, of course, Mossad.

klaatu
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
As much as I disliked Clinton, the best Republican president of the past fifty years, he did a pretty good job on international relations. Our credibility was quite healthy in 2000.

ROFLMAO!! Actually I think its quite humorous to say this ..especially when us CONS think Bush "da younger" is the worst liberal to come along in years .. lol :pke:

OrnotBitwise
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
ROFLMAO!! Actually I think its quite humorous to say this ..especially when us CONS think Bush "da younger" is the worst liberal to come along in years .. lol :pke:
Oh, the real left have never liked Clinton much. Too willing to compromise on issues important to us. Say, for example, the way he caved on health insurance reform and that vicious Welfare "Reform" (sic) Act of 1996.

LadyT
07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
the neocons have so destroyed our international credibility, no nation is going to take us seriously for quite some time.

there WAS a time when Israel would listen when the President of the United States spoke.... not anymore.

That's what I'm saying. What a fvcking joke we are: trying to promote peace in teh middle east when a few miles a way, a civil war is well under way because we destabilized a nation. Yeah. They'll take what we have to say seriously.