PDA

View Full Version : Tips to Stay Off Alcohol

christopher1
06-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Whether you are an alcoholic or just a heavy drinker, the time has come to stop drinking alcohol. It is a very big step to take and one that will change the rest of your life, but it is the right decision, so we are going to look at the best ways to keep on track and keep off the booze.

Money is often the cause of a drinking problem, which is just why alcoholism is on the rise at the moment so let's deal with the issue of money first. You may be used to a high standard of living and you may be faced with giving up something that you believe impossible to live without, and this is why you need reevaluate just what is important in life.

Family unity, human contact, your daily bread etc and everything that is around us, but we just can't see it past the bottle. Downsizing your lifestyle is where it will all begin, but with just a bit of patience and self determination, life will seem as though you have literally been reborn.

The first morning after having your last drink is the first step to deal with. Now you might feel as sick as a pig (excuse the expression), but that is quite a normal symptom so just stay in bed until you feel the need to get up and see the world through different eyes.

Once you have managed to do it once you will always want to be up and about, going for walks and generally feeling good about yourself. I would even go as far as recommending getting a dog, that provides extra responsibility and plenty of exercise, and you will meet a lot more people.

Am I beginning to make sense? This won't be a bed of roses, but every day will be a step closer towards an alcohol free life, old problems back in the past and a new healthy and better life ahead. Expect less from life and avoid falling into the high life trap that only leads back to alcohol and other addictions.

drug rehab (http://www.southcoastrecovery.com/)

uscitizen
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Spam alert!

a6 do your duty.
r2 is on vacation.

USFREEDOM911
06-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Whether you are an alcoholic or just a heavy drinker, the time has come to stop drinking alcohol. It is a very big step to take and one that will change the rest of your life, but it is the right decision, so we are going to look at the best ways to keep on track and keep off the booze.

Money is often the cause of a drinking problem, which is just why alcoholism is on the rise at the moment so let's deal with the issue of money first. You may be used to a high standard of living and you may be faced with giving up something that you believe impossible to live without, and this is why you need reevaluate just what is important in life.

Family unity, human contact, your daily bread etc and everything that is around us, but we just can't see it past the bottle. Downsizing your lifestyle is where it will all begin, but with just a bit of patience and self determination, life will seem as though you have literally been reborn.

The first morning after having your last drink is the first step to deal with. Now you might feel as sick as a pig (excuse the expression), but that is quite a normal symptom so just stay in bed until you feel the need to get up and see the world through different eyes.

Once you have managed to do it once you will always want to be up and about, going for walks and generally feeling good about yourself. I would even go as far as recommending getting a dog, that provides extra responsibility and plenty of exercise, and you will meet a lot more people.

Am I beginning to make sense? This won't be a bed of roses, but every day will be a step closer towards an alcohol free life, old problems back in the past and a new healthy and better life ahead. Expect less from life and avoid falling into the high life trap that only leads back to alcohol and other addictions.

drug rehab (http://www.southcoastrecovery.com/)

That was so uplifting, that I think I'll have a drink to celebrate.

CHEERS :cof1:

uscitizen
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
yeah wrong crowd here for that spam :D

Damocles
06-17-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't think many of us are heavy drinkers, and the ones that are, are college kids who won't take this advice.

Welcome to the board. Do you have any politics to discuss?

BRUTALITOPS
06-17-2009, 10:22 PM
i just drank a heineken to spite this thread

USFREEDOM911
06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think many of us are heavy drinkers, and the ones that are, are college kids who won't take this advice.

Can you define "heavy"??

uscitizen
06-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Can you define "heavy"??

How much do you weigh?

apple0154
06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Can you define "heavy"??

That's when one straps a keg on their back rather than having to return to the fridge each time for a bottle. And those kegs are heavy!

cancel2 2022
06-18-2009, 02:36 PM
How much do you weigh?

He ain't heavy, he is a mother. Apologies to the Hollies.

cancel2 2022
06-18-2009, 02:37 PM

I think he is just here to promote his website.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
No.

uscitizen
06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I think he is just here to promote his website.

yes why I said spam. I thought that kind of promotion was banned on here?

maineman
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
i just drank a heineken to spite this thread

I got all my stuff done for Sunday so I am sitting down to a glass of Famous Grouse on the rocks.

My wife doesn't work on Fridays so it's the weekend!:clink:

uscitizen
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
I am settling down to a big clod glass of chocolate milk.

Alcohol tastes like crap.

uscitizen
06-18-2009, 07:52 PM
All 3 of Christopher1's posts have that same drug rehab place link on them....

Damocles
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I guess I'll have to end his posting "spree" I mean we are just overwhelmed in anti-alcoholic threads.

Thorn
06-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I guess I'll have to end his posting "spree" I mean we are just overwhelmed in anti-alcoholic threads.

Frankly his "message" was so naive I can't imagine anyone bothering to click the link.

Damocles
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
He's just seeking back-links and knows that google loves this site.

uscitizen
06-18-2009, 08:55 PM
So spam in other words?

USFREEDOM911
06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
How much do you weigh?

Why don't you just say you can't clarify the point it question.

Damocles
06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
So spam in other words?
Yeah, but it isn't really pervasive enough to take the effort. When I first opened the site I was all strict and stuff, but it didn't serve me that well.

If he gets annoying he'll be gone.

USFREEDOM911
06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
He ain't heavy, he is a mother. Apologies to the Hollies.

But you dress like your mother, timmie.

So, tell us, how is that "Queen of England" look working for you??

meme
06-18-2009, 11:57 PM
That was so uplifting, that I think I'll have a drink to celebrate.

CHEERS :cof1:

I think I'll join you...but after reading that, I'm going to make it a double.:clink:

USFREEDOM911
06-19-2009, 12:20 AM
I think I'll join you...but after reading that, I'm going to make it a double.:clink:

Doubles it is

:clink: :clink:

Mott the Hoople
06-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I used to have a serious drinking problem but my wife bought me a bib and things are much better now.

meme
06-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I used to have a serious drinking problem but my wife bought me a bib and things are much better now.

bottoms up...:cof1:

Epicurus
06-21-2009, 12:23 AM
This is miles and away more successful than my "Tips to Stay Off Crack Cocaine!" Thread.

Minister of Truth
06-22-2009, 01:13 AM
My avitar and tag should speak my part adequately. Nevertheless, I will drop in the shots emoticon for emphasis.

:shots:

Damocles
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
This is miles and away more successful than my "Tips to Stay Off Crack Cocaine!" Thread.
True that.