PDA

View Full Version : We're Comin' Ta Get Ya!

OrnotBitwise
11-03-2006, 11:13 AM
"Will everything you've worked so hard to accomplish be lost to the San Francisco values of would-be Speaker Nancy Pelosi?"
-- Newt Gingrich

"Do we really want Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco values leading the culture war?"
-- Dennis Hastert

"San Francisco values" huh? Cool! Look deep into my eyes, children, and you will see your future. BUWAHAhahahahahahahaha!

Personally, I think this whole "culture war" slogan thingy is both asinine and laughably silly. It's the sort of thing only an uneducated and clueless goober would come up with. Or maybe a cynical plutocrat hoping to exploit uneducated and clueless goobers.

But what the hell: let's play Culture War. I love playing Culture War with conservatives since they're inevitably doomed to lose. That's what comes of staking out the "changes are bad" position: it's worse than taking Asia in Risk. This does not mean that we are destined to win, of course. There may be no winners. We at least have a chance, however.

:D

So, just what are "San Francisco values" and what is wrong with them, anyway?

maineman
11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
San Francisco values great restaurants...

could you imagine how much nicer a few dozen really great restaurants would make some of those cities in red states?

Prakosh
11-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Does this signal a resurrection or rejuvenation or return of the Ornot I once knew and loved???

OrnotBitwise
11-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Comfortable shoes. We're really into comfortable shoes. New York City? Fugeddaboutit! There it's all about where you bought your shoes and when.

OrnotBitwise
11-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Does this signal a resurrection or rejuvenation or return of the Ornot I once knew and loved???
I went somewhere? :confused: Wowza! That explains so much . . . .

Actually, I've just been too busy to really put any thought into my posts here of late.

(And if that's not a barn door wide enough to drive an RV through, the cons here are even more pathetic than I thought.)

Cypress
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
"Will everything you've worked so hard to accomplish be lost to the San Francisco values of would-be Speaker Nancy Pelosi?"
-- Newt Gingrich

"Do we really want Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco values leading the culture war?"
-- Dennis Hastert

"San Francisco values" huh? Cool! Look deep into my eyes, children, and you will see your future. BUWAHAhahahahahahahaha!

Personally, I think this whole "culture war" slogan thingy is both asinine and laughably silly. It's the sort of thing only an uneducated and clueless goober would come up with. Or maybe a cynical plutocrat hoping to exploit uneducated and clueless goobers.

But what the hell: let's play Culture War. I love playing Culture War with conservatives since they're inevitably doomed to lose. That's what comes of staking out the "changes are bad" position: it's worse than taking Asia in Risk. This does not mean that we are destined to win, of course. There may be no winners. We at least have a chance, however.

San Francisco values, is a punch line. It doesn't mean anything.

San Francisco is a great american city. Tolerance is certainly an attribute associated with many of its residents. But so is entreupeneuralship and capitalism. SF and the Bay area is one of the great capitalist strongholds of the western world. Silicon valley and the SF financial district are evidence of that.

Prakosh
11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I went somewhere? :confused: Wowza! That explains so much . . . .

Actually, I've just been too busy to really put any thought into my posts here of late.

(And if that's not a barn door wide enough to drive an RV through, the cons here are even more pathetic than I thought.)

I wasn't making a moral judgement just voicing an observation. I have thought that you were pre-occupied with something or other for most of the time that I have been here. And I did understand it or thought and hoped I did.

;)

Cancel7
11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
-- Newt Gingrich

-- Dennis Hastert

Well, all I know is that out here in the hills of NY, we hear tell of San Fransico values, and from what I make out it all has to do with gay sex, sex with the lights on, and wild sex, and sex that ends in climax, rather than grimaces. Someone even told me that San Francisco values means that you say things during sex! but that's too far-fetched and I ain't buying that. You're not going to convince me that people do that, even in San Francisco.

But this is all hearsay. We sure is waitin to find out for sure what it's all about.

Immanuel
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Doggone it all you you!!

You're making me homesick.

Knock it off!!

Please

Immie

OrnotBitwise
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Doggone it all you you!!

You're making me homesick.

Knock it off!!

Please

Immie
Dagnabit Immie! I was hoping you were going to tell us what San Francisco Values are, why they'll corrupt our children and doom their souls to Akron Ohio.

No one wants to play. :(

Immanuel
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Dagnabit Immie! I was hoping you were going to tell us what San Francisco Values are, why they'll corrupt our children and doom their souls to Akron Ohio.

No one wants to play. :(

Sorry?

I thought the values that were going to do that were the psuedo-"Compassionate Conservative" values aka the Neocon Values.

Immie

PS I still consider myself the compassionate conservative but that phrase has been destroyed by the person in whom I put my trust over the last two elections.

Onceler
11-10-2006, 06:26 AM
"San Francisco values" is code for homosexuality & some sort of overblown homosexual agenda that the right thinks exists. It's the politics of fear.

OrnotBitwise
11-10-2006, 10:37 AM
"San Francisco values" is code for homosexuality & some sort of overblown homosexual agenda that the right thinks exists. It's the politics of fear.
Well, yeah. I was really hoping that dano or some other wingnut would step up and try to tell just why this is all a Bad Thing. Fish ain't bittin' though.

Oh well. :cof1:

uscitizen
11-10-2006, 11:12 AM
That species of fish is going back to Rush school right now to learn some new rhetoric :)

Battleborne
11-10-2006, 11:32 AM
-- Newt Gingrich

-- Dennis Hastert

First and foremost San Francisco has no moral values...'If it feels good do it' mentality..
And since y'all love to bring up examples when bashing conservatives I will give you one..

Not long ago in a land far away called Afghanistan a young bedeviled youth (Taliban)was captuerd by US Special Op's...as it turned out this young man was from non other than the wonderful Bay Area of California...His Papa was a Govt. prosecutor and the young man was raised Catholic... then converted to Islam when Papa left Moma and came out of the Cloest! Both Moma and Papa praised their wonderful son who committed 'Treason' Against the US...end of story!

uscitizen
11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Then too there was this guy from Texas that thinks the Constitution is just a damned piece of paper....

Immanuel
11-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Then too there was this guy from Texas that thinks the Constitution is just a damned piece of TOILET paper....

Sorry, I just had to fix your typo.

Immie

uscitizen
11-10-2006, 11:59 AM
No prob Immie. A good edit :)

Agnosticus_Caesar
11-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Right-Wingers love to talk about economic power. California is in the top ten econonmies WORLDWIDE. Please show me a red state that qualifies.

Damocles
11-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Right-Wingers love to talk about economic power. California is in the top ten econonmies WORLDWIDE. Please show me a red state that qualifies.
Texas, it is second in the U.S. and has a larger economy than the State of NY...

uscitizen
11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
And then there was the woman in TX that killed her children because god told her to. So What is your point Battle ?

Agnosticus_Caesar
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Texas just recently surpassed NY. Hmm, it's amazing how you forget 9-11 when it doesn't suit you. oh, wait, I forget, 9-11 can only be invoked as an excuse for a hit on an economy run by Republicans. For the state which was DIRECTLY impacted by the attack...it doesn't matter.

Damocles
11-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Texas just recently surpassed NY. Hmm, it's amazing how you forget 9-11 when it doesn't suit you. oh, wait, I forget, 9-11 can only be invoked as an excuse for a hit on an economy run by Republicans. For the state which was DIRECTLY impacted by the attack...it doesn't matter.
If Texas were a Nation, its economy would rank it eighth largest in the world. Of course, that wasn't what was asked, it was "name one red state", and I was able to easily and without very much difficult research...

I'd like to see your, "recently passed New York" evidence...

Cypress
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
-- Newt Gingrich

-- Dennis Hastert

Since Bill O'Liely is so obssesed with bashing san francico values, I been wondering why he hasn't called for a boycot yet.

Some of the things O'Reilly would have to forgo, if he boycotted San Francisco:

Since O'Reilly boycotts everything he hates, I look forward to his boycott of all Bay Area-origin products. Same with every conservative who bashes San Francisco and the Bay Area.

So no iPods or anything Apple.
No HP computers. No Google. No Yahoo. No eBay. Those conservative bloggers using Blogspot, MovableType, or TypePad? Sorry. Those products are Bay Area-based.

Also no Adobe or Macromedia products.
No computers, either, since most run on AMD or Intel. No tax preparation using Intuit products.
Cancel your Netflix subscription.
Cancel your TiVo subscription.
Remove your Network Associates or Symantec virus protection software from your computer.
Unplug your Netgear wifi router.

Don't wear Levis (or any kind of jeans), Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, or buy your kids Gymboree.
Avoid LeapFrog learning toys.
Boycott Pixar movies.
Boycott any movie using George Lucas' ILM special effects shop. Stay away from Treos and other Palm devices.
Don't let Charles Schwab manage your portfolio.
Don't bank at Wells Fargo.

Yeah, those "San Francisco values" sure are dragging the region down. Making it weak as it falls behind the rest of the country -- the parts that don't share "San Francisco values" -- economically and socially. -- Markos, at Dailykos

Or, maybe -- just maybe -- it's made the region a magnet for the world's smartest, most innovative, most entrepreneurial individuals and an incubator of the world's most dramatic technological advances.

OrnotBitwise
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
First and foremost San Francisco has no moral values...'If it feels good do it' mentality..
And since y'all love to bring up examples when bashing conservatives I will give you one..

Not long ago in a land far away called Afghanistan a young bedeviled youth (Taliban)was captuerd by US Special Op's...as it turned out this young man was from non other than the wonderful Bay Area of California...His Papa was a Govt. prosecutor and the young man was raised Catholic... then converted to Islam when Papa left Moma and came out of the Cloest! Both Moma and Papa praised their wonderful son who committed 'Treason' Against the US...end of story!
Ah! Speak of the clueless goober and he shall appear.

See, goob, here's your problem: you don't understand what "moral values" are. "Moral values" don't necessarily have anything at all to do with religion or who has sex with who (using what) or anything of that nature. Yours may but not everyone's do.

What are San Francisco values? Well, that's kind of silly, since there are a lot of different San Franciscans. Still, generalization isn't always totally meaningless. Let's have a go, shall we?

Our moral values are more about how people treat one another than how they treat themselves. How they treat themselves is pretty much their own business -- and that's a moral judgment too. Want to smoke pot? Go for it. Got a thing for latex and implements of punishment? Fine, just don't wake the neighbors.

Sell shoes made by slave labor in Saipan? Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!