PDA

View Full Version : Damo! I'm loving some of these Features!

Care4all
07-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Damocles, I love the New posts feature, I love the thread/forum jumping, and I love the TODAY'S POSTS feature, and I love the on site notification option to receiving Personal Messages via a pop up....

care

Immanuel
07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
And don't forget the iggy feature. Brent iggy's me and I can talk nasty about him and not have to worry about him fighting back. ;)

Man, I'm gonna miss him. hehe.

Immie

Care4all
07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh, and I love the way you can go in to a thread at the post that you last read.....

that is awesome!

are these features that are just available for you to institute on vbulletin? vs the other site's ability?

Damocles
07-31-2006, 08:07 AM
Oh, and I love the way you can go in to a thread at the post that you last read.....

that is awesome!

are these features that are just available for you to institute on vbulletin? vs the other site's ability?

They are vbulletin features and one of the reasons that I chose to use vBulletin to make the site. There are other cool things you can do with it as well....

Care4all
07-31-2006, 08:16 AM
They are vbulletin features and one of the reasons that I chose to use vBulletin to make the site. There are other cool things you can do with it as well....

What are they? You are killing me with the suspense! hahahaha!

care

Damocles
07-31-2006, 08:20 AM
What are they? You are killing me with the suspense! hahahaha!

care

You'll see if I implement them...

There are some I won't implement. Like the "Reputation" system. What happens then is whatever ideology is the largest on the site tends to get positive rep while whatever ideology is lower gets neg rep. Then those with neg rep get all bent and end up leaving for more friendly waters...

Care4all
07-31-2006, 08:33 AM
I love the "edit" feature too.....so easy to use!

Care4all
07-31-2006, 08:34 AM
This is most definately a "user" friendly program!

Damocles
07-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I've wanted to open a site since I found p.com long ago. I've researched it by being a member of several different types of sites that had different software to run them. This was the one that had the most user-friendly features and is easiest to "hack" or add to...

I wanted the site to be successful and fun, I am working towards that step-by-step implementing the ideas that I have seen implemented at those other sites that I liked the best or the ones I found to be missing that I would have enjoyed.

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2006, 12:12 PM
phpbb is pretty easy too.

Doesn't vbb cost money though? That's my biggest turn off.. paying for things.

:p

Damocles
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
phpbb is pretty easy too.

Doesn't vbb cost money though? That's my biggest turn off.. paying for things.

:p

Yeah, vBulletin costed a bit. Not as much as people think though... And the yearly renewals are cheap.