PDA

View Full Version : What Kerry Said Was True

BRUTALITOPS
11-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Fact: If you are of less intelligence/dumber/don't have as many oppurtunities, you chances are higher of landing yourself a spot in the armed forces.

The Overall Intelligence of the military populace is probably lower of the general populace as well, but that's just a guess on my part.

Regardless, it was a dumb thing for John Kerry to say.

OrnotBitwise
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Fact: If you are of less intelligence/dumber/don't have as many oppurtunities, you chances are higher of landing yourself a spot in the armed forces.

The Overall Intelligence of the military populace is probably lower of the general populace as well, but that's just a guess on my part.

Regardless, it was a dumb thing for John Kerry to say.Tactically dumb, yes. From anyone other than a prominent politician, however, it wouldn't even have been noticed. Hell, it would probably have been commended.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Yep and where else can you get retirement with medical benefits now-a-days.
Not so bad a life if you are not in a stupid war.

maineman
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
It was a great life...

and I served with a lot of sailors who were far from the brightest lights in the auditorium.

but they could do their jobs at sea as well as anyone

Prakosh
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Yep and where else can you get retirement with medical benefits now-a-days.
Not so bad a life if you are not in a stupid war.

Especially after only twenty years. The problem is that we have managed to have a war much more often than every twenty years since the second war to end all wars--WWII.

All in all I will only say what I said yesterday, there was nothing "fortunate" about going to Vietnam. Unless you consider my current attitude, which is much tempered from the first thirty years after I returned, with its destructive cynicism, to be "fortunate."

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-02-2006, 04:14 PM

Actually, the Heritage Foundation did a study, and the average education level for military personnel is higher than the general public. This mindset comes from the 1970's era, when it was often articulated by the left, that if you weren't smart enough to get a college deferment from the draft, you would be "stuck in Vietnam."

It was a dumb thing for Kerry to say, but it is indeed how the liberal elite view our military.

Gaffer
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM

What kerry said was not true. and neither is your fact. The military only takes those with H.S. degrees and most have more than that. Operating the equipment used by the militay is not something that dumb people can do. Its all very technically oriented now days.

How many military people do you know?

kerry's statement was his usual hate the military rant. He's a discusting piece of shit and always has been. I want to out live him just so I can piss on his grave.

Prakosh
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Actually, the Heritage Foundation did a study, and the average education level for military personnel is higher than the general public. This mindset comes from the 1970's era, when it was often articulated by the left, that if you weren't smart enough to get a college deferment from the draft, you would be "stuck in Vietnam."

It was a dumb thing for Kerry to say, but it is indeed how the liberal elite view our military.

The problem with this statistic like all others is the word "average". The military has since the advent of the "all volunteer" Army etc. becomes top heavy in the officer ranks. And many of these people have advanced degrees, simply becuase the Army has bought and paid for them. I was surprized when reading Thomas Ricks analysis of the Iraq War so far Fiasco (2006) how many of the top commanders (read Generals) in Iraq have PhD's in military related subjects certainly the number is much higher than in any business in the US. Since the military has become more top heavy this tends to tip the scale in the direction of more rather than less education on "average." But what is most important to remember is that the two people who are really leading the military and in Rumsfeld's case micro-managing the military, are not as educated as those they are commanding and not listening too.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
The problem with this statistic like all others is the word "average". The military has since the advent of the "all volunteer" Army etc. becomes top heavy in the officer ranks. And many of these people have advanced degrees, simply becuase the Army has bought and paid for them. I was surprized when reading Thomas Ricks analysis of the Iraq War so far Fiasco (2006) how many of the top commanders (read Generals) in Iraq have PhD's in military related subjects certainly the number is much higher than in any business in the US. Since the military has become more top heavy this tends to tip the scale in the direction of more rather than less education on "average." But what is most important to remember is that the two people who are really leading the military and in Rumsfeld's case micro-managing the military, are not as educated as those they are commanding and not listening too.

Hey Prikster, take off your partisan blinders and try to focus on the topic of debate. Many people assume this myth, that people who join the military are dummies who couldn't make it any other way. While this might seem (in the liberal elite mind) to be valid, it's factually not. There are strict requirements for military service, and if you are going to have a career in the military, you have to be above average intelligence, and the Heritage Foundation has backed this with factual data to support it.

Today's volunteer military, is among the best and brightest. I have a cousin in the Air Force, who is measurably smarter than anyone on this board, myself included. Dumbass people can't fly fighter jets and fire nuclear weapons. We have the most technologically advanced military in the world, and thus... the most technologically advanced technicians to run it. You can continue to live in a false reality about the military if you like, I have no problems with whatever you think, but to suggest the military is for dumb people who couldn't make it in school, is just plain ignorant.

maineman
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Dumbass people can't fly fighter jets and fire nuclear weapons.

and only really dumbass people think that anyone in the military has a job where they fly fighter jets and fire nuclear weapons.

newsflash dixie: fighter aircraft do not carry nukes.

moron.... but what should one expect from a coward who shied away from military service because of a terrible blood ailment that mysteriously disappeared after all his peers had already joined up, allowing him to slink away unnoticed..... a 4F flunky failure?

BRUTALITOPS
11-02-2006, 07:50 PM
It is also true a lot of african americans are not as intelligent as the rest of the populace. I am just being fair and covering all the bases here.

Demwit
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
A little excrement mixing there Grind ?

ManU1959
11-02-2006, 10:53 PM

if you are dumb...too dumb to work or make good decission the government will give you, money food job training....in fact if you reproduce and create more dumb children they will give you even more money......the govt. is in fact funding increasing the number of dumb peole that can not fend for themselves

Cancel7
11-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Hey Prikster, take off your partisan blinders and try to focus on the topic of debate. Many people assume this myth, that people who join the military are dummies who couldn't make it any other way. While this might seem (in the liberal elite mind) to be valid, it's factually not. There are strict requirements for military service, and if you are going to have a career in the military, you have to be above average intelligence, and the Heritage Foundation has backed this with factual data to support it.

Today's volunteer military, is among the best and brightest. I have a cousin in the Air Force, who is measurably smarter than anyone on this board, myself included. Dumbass people can't fly fighter jets and fire nuclear weapons. We have the most technologically advanced military in the world, and thus... the most technologically advanced technicians to run it. You can continue to live in a false reality about the military if you like, I have no problems with whatever you think, but to suggest the military is for dumb people who couldn't make it in school, is just plain ignorant.

Of course, as bush's war has raged on, the army has been lowering their standards for entry every year. True, the air force is different...they're not so much looking for cannon fodder...expendeble bodies. The army is.

Where does the army recruit dixie? Do they recruit in rich neighborhoods? I can tell you where they recruit on LI.

It's not an intelligence issue. It is a class issue. That's just a fact. But I know you can't handle facts dixie.

The poor make fine cannon fodder. They are expendable. Wake up and live with it and stop being an frigging idiot living in denial.

Cancel7
11-03-2006, 04:09 AM
What kerry said was not true. and neither is your fact. The military only takes those with H.S. degrees and most have more than that. Operating the equipment used by the militay is not something that dumb people can do. Its all very technically oriented now days.

How many military people do you know?

kerry's statement was his usual hate the military rant. He's a discusting piece of shit and always has been. I want to out live him just so I can piss on his grave.

Actually, what Kerry said was exactly true. But then Kerry was TALKING ABOUT BUSH, as any idiot who took the time to watch the entire segment understood clearly.

Care4all
11-03-2006, 04:10 AM
People join the service to get an education and better themselves...this does not mean that they are dumb, it means that they are smart but do not have any money to forward their lifestyle, so they are willing TO WORK for their education, unlike a rich kid....

BRUTALITOPS
11-03-2006, 06:23 AM
it wasn't a botched joke darla, give it up.

Damocles
11-03-2006, 07:36 AM
it wasn't a botched joke darla, give it up.
No kidding. It doesn't even make sense if it was...

That has been my only point. It isn't like I'm upset at Kerry for what he said, just that you have to be grasping at any straw whatsoever for hope of redemption in order to believe this silly story...

He said what he meant.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-03-2006, 10:58 AM
People join the service to get an education and better themselves...this does not mean that they are dumb, it means that they are smart but do not have any money to forward their lifestyle, so they are willing TO WORK for their education, unlike a rich kid....

This is the mindset of the liberal elite. It's exactly what prompted Kerry to make the statement he made, and it was no more of a 'joke' than you are making now. People join the military because they want to serve their country, first and foremost. It has nothing to do with intelligence or finance, it has to do with wanting to serve your country. Yes, there are good educational benefits to joining the military, but very few (if any) join for that reason alone. And, by the way, I know some 'rich kids' who are in Iraq as we speak, serving in the Marines. They didn't have to go, they volunteered, just like everyone else who joins, and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with their status, that is the liberal myth and always has been.

maineman
11-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I love it when folks who have never been in the military think they have anything to add as to the reasons why people join the military.