PDA

View Full Version : Dixie: Our troops are uneducated Idiots.

Jarod
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Dixie's words not Senator Kerry's....

Kerry never mentioned our troops... that was Bush who brought them into it!

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Well what do you expect from someone who never served but somehow thinks he did.

Jarod
11-01-2006, 02:07 PM
He served...

ROTFLMAO... He and Cheney!

Damocles
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Jarod, unless Kerry believes that he himself is uneducated there is no way he was speaking of Bush. This is silly transparent spin.

Jarod
11-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Jarod, unless Kerry believes that he himself is uneducated there is no way he was speaking of Bush. This is silly transparent spin.

Why do you say that... do you not realize you can get a degree and still be uneducated? Where you go to school, even if you went to school does not necessarly affect how educated you are!

Demwit
11-02-2006, 08:08 AM
It is pretty humerous to pick one bit of political spin out and declare it to be spin while ignoring the whirlwind of spin all around.

maineman
11-02-2006, 08:17 AM

I think it is pretty clear that he was playing on the common conception that Bush is, although technically "educated", really quite dull, vapid, incurious and generally stupid. I know that I hold that opinion of Bush and, for those of us who do, the meaning of Kerry's comments was quite clear and unambiguous. Now, for those koolaid drinkers who still idolize Bush and still think he looks hot in blue jeans and that he is Everyman personified and exalted, that meaning may not have been quite so clear... but perhaps you could speak to that perception first hand, damo.....

Demwit
11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Go ARMY, Get your GED while you kill.

Damocles
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Why do you say that... do you not realize you can get a degree and still be uneducated? Where you go to school, even if you went to school does not necessarly affect how educated you are!
Not with the statement he made. If you work hard at school, blah, blah...

Bush outperformed him. Then went on to an even higher education. One can be well-educated and unintelligent but it is an extreme stretch to say that Bush is uneducated based on his statement. Kerry underperformed the guy he is saying is "uneducated" what does that make Kerry?

Damocles
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I think it is pretty clear that he was playing on the common conception that Bush is, although technically "educated", really quite dull, vapid, incurious and generally stupid. I know that I hold that opinion of Bush and, for those of us who do, the meaning of Kerry's comments was quite clear and unambiguous. Now, for those koolaid drinkers who still idolize Bush and still think he looks hot in blue jeans and that he is Everyman personified and exalted, that meaning may not have been quite so clear... but perhaps you could speak to that perception first hand, damo.....
Then he shouldn't use the "education" example when it is so easily shown to be incorrect. Bush outperformed Kerry at the very same school. Kerry by default is not following his own advice, I guess he'd get us "even more stuck".

Damocles
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Go ARMY, Get your GED while you kill.
LOL. Nah, they don't let you in unless you already have one of those.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 11:59 AM
LOL. Nah, they don't let you in unless you already have one of those.

Umm not entirely correct. The below from GoArmy.com

Success in Army depends on a good education, and a high school diploma is most desirable. Individuals who currently do not possess the proper education requirements and wish to enlist may receive assistance in acquiring a GED. The Army may cover fees for class attendance, books, and the GED test. To be eligible for Army enlistment you must:

* Have been withdrawn from high school for at least 6 months prior to application for enlistment
* Must meet the state minimum age requirement for GED testing
* Achieve a qualifying score on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT)

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Success in Army depends on a good education, and a high school diploma is most desirable. Individuals who currently do not possess the proper education requirements and wish to enlist may receive assistance in acquiring a GED. The Army may cover fees for class attendance, books, and the GED test. To be eligible for Army enlistment you must:

* Have been withdrawn from high school for at least 6 months prior to application for enlistment
Notice, they'll help you get the GED before they'll let you join. They do not let you in without it.

maineman
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM

not exactly what I would say is descriptive of "college material".

lol

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
not exactly what I would say is descriptive of "college material".

lol
Also not what I would call descriptive of the vast majority that are in the military. Once again, they'll help you get it to allow you to join. If you fail at it they won't let you in.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
To be eligible for Army enlistment you must:

Re-read Damo.
To be eligible for enlistment......

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
To be eligible for Army enlistment you must:

Re-read Damo.
To be eligible for enlistment......
No, that is for the GED program. I am telling you, call the recruiter. If you do not get your GED while in DEP they will not let you go to boot camp. I'm not kidding. I do know what I am talking about.

Read the whole of it yourself. They will help you get your GED so you can enlist... In order to be eligible to get in that program that is their list. However, if you fail at your GED they won't let you in.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Yep, but you can enlist.....You are in the army then.

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Yep, but you can enlist.....You are in the army then.
Nah, you are in Delayed Entry. You are not in until you take the Oath.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
So once you enlist you can still do what you want and resfuse to do what the army tells you to do ? If not you are in the Army if not technically a soldier.

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:30 PM
So once you enlist you can still do what you want and resfuse to do what the army tells you to do ? If not you are in the Army if not technically a soldier.
Yes, if you are in DEP you can refuse to even sign the final contract and still not go in. You are not actually in the Army until you sign that final contract and take the Oath.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Hmm, well it sure beats the draft :)
I had no choices. Not even on shoe and clothing sizes ;)

I do assume you have to pay back the Army any monies you accept during DEP if you do not continue into the regular Army ?

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Hmm, well it sure beats the draft :)
I had no choices. Not even on shoe and clothing sizes ;)

I do assume you have to pay back the Army any monies you accept during DEP if you do not continue into the regular Army ?
You get no money while in DEP.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
I dunno it said the army might pay for your GED costs.....

Damocles
11-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I dunno it said the army might pay for your GED costs.....
You wouldn't have to pay that back though. I don't believe that they pay for the test. They send you to a program that helps you study for it and write that off as recruitment cost.

Prakosh
11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Whatever their rules are; there is always an exception. They are taking mental defectives and others at this point. I can't believe that they would get hung up in a GED test one way or the other. But I could be wrong, I don't know. I saw some wierd shit in the Army during Vietnam; I'm sure the basic cultural ethics are still the same. It is still "this man's Army" after all.

Damocles
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Whatever their rules are; there is always an exception. They are taking mental defectives and others at this point. I can't believe that they would get hung up in a GED test one way or the other. But I could be wrong, I don't know. I saw some wierd shit in the Army during Vietnam; I'm sure the basic cultural ethics are still the same. It is still "this man's Army" after all.
All of the Branches take huge pride in the quality of the troops. Therefore they raise the age of admission, but not the education requirement. They'll let you keep trying and not kick you out of DEP, but you aren't going to boot camp without that Equivalency Diploma.