PDA

View Full Version : WOT People, Please Contact AOL

SJJRSJJS
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I just sent the following email to AOLNewBusiness at AOL dot Com, please do the same....................

To Whom it may concern at AOL. I had been posting on the old format AOL Message Boards for more than 5 years now. A few days ago, those Political Message Boards, specifically "The War On Terror" Board was unceremoniously shut down, even though it and the NY Times Board were by far the busiest of all the multitude of message Boards serviced by AOL, combined. I have noticed that your new list of message Boards does not have one political comment Board listed? I and many like me, respectfully request that AOL create another political Board, and may I suggest a "Rate President Obama" Message Board? I know many AOL people who would use that Board, also, expect some more email requests for a new political Board from some of them during the coming days...Thanking You in Advance, Sincerely, a long time AOL Customer

Canceled2
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I just sent the following email to AOLNewBusiness at AOL dot Com, please do the same....................

To Whom it may concern at AOL. I had been posting on the old format AOL Message Boards for more than 5 years now. A few days ago, those Political Message Boards, specifically "The War On Terror" Board was unceremoniously shut down, even though it and the NY Times Board were by far the busiest of all the multitude of message Boards serviced by AOL, combined. I have noticed that your new list of message Boards does not have one political comment Board listed? I and many like me, respectfully request that AOL create another political Board, and may I suggest a "Rate President Obama" Message Board? I know many AOL people who would use that Board, also, expect some more email requests for a new political Board from some of them during the coming days...Thanking You in Advance, Sincerely, a long time AOL Customer

Hey Sj < nice name :)>,

How about I post a link to make it easy for those folks that want to do this?

AOLNewBusiness@aol.com

Good luck!

SJJRSJJS
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Your link is for problems with software, etc, I believe? My email address is to the AOL Corporate offices, for suggesting a business idea, my idea being that AOL should create a new political Board that would get AOL more posts, and the ad hits that follow. It would be more popular than probably any other Board that they have now, forget about it. AOL had all those other Boards before, standing idle while the ones that kicked bootey were the NYTimes Board and the WOT Board. The "Rate Bush Board" used to be the King of Boards with upwards of a thousand posts every 24 hour, that is until a super spammer named Gomer ruined it.

Canceled2
04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Your link is for problems with software, etc, I believe? My email address is to the AOL Corporate offices, for suggesting a business idea, my idea being that AOL should create a new political Board that would get AOL more posts, and the ad hits that follow. It would be more popular than probably any other Board that they have now, forget about it. AOL had all those other Boards before, standing idle while the ones that kicked bootey were the NYTimes Board and the WOT Board. The "Rate Bush Board" used to be the King of Boards with upwards of a thousand posts every 24 hour, that is until a super spammer named Gomer ruined it.

Ok, fixed it then :)

AOLNewBusiness@aol.com

I'm Kismet SJ :)

cancel2 2022
04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't blame you for trying but I can't see them doing anything about it.

SJJRSJJS
04-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't blame you for trying but I can't see them doing anything about it.

An just why wouldn't or shouldn't they have a "Rate Obama Board", they had one for poor President Bush? I have already declared my undieing suppoprt of our good President Obama, come hell or high water, but, and her comes the big butt, Liberal AOL is trying to curtail our/myfreedom of speech, and because they are a public company using public airways, they are violating the Constitution, by controling any criticism of President Obama? You want to bet that I will not get a Rate Bush Board established, just like old times with the "Rate Bush Board", but befoire you wager, ask Zappy about how I never pay off cyber bets that I lose? I will call AOL next, but like the chain of command in the Army, I will start at the bottom first. PS, Tom, I'm a spoiled Lib brat now and I always get my way in the end, always, or I will start whining...just kidding, LOL

SJJRSJJS
04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
That was supposed to be Rate Obama Post, naturally, sometimes I think that I am a dumb dumb coo coo instead of a Mensa Man

cancel2 2022
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
AOL can go fuck themselves AFAIAC, they are a bunch of bastards and deserve to go out of business.

An just why wouldn't or shouldn't they have a "Rate Obama Board", they had one for poor President Bush? I have already declared my undieing suppoprt of our good President Obama, come hell or high water, but, and her comes the big butt, Liberal AOL is trying to curtail our/myfreedom of speech, and because they are a public company using public airways, they are violating the Constitution, by controling any criticism of President Obama? You want to bet that I will not get a Rate Bush Board established, just like old times with the "Rate Bush Board", but befoire you wager, ask Zappy about how I never pay off cyber bets that I lose? I will call AOL next, but like the chain of command in the Army, I will start at the bottom first. PS, Tom, I'm a spoiled Lib brat now and I always get my way in the end, always, or I will start whining...just kidding, LOL

Annie
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Not saying boo about the idea. However, Yahoo did the same, with interestingly enough the same named board, "War on Terror" in 2004. I feel your pain.

Cancel5
04-07-2009, 01:21 AM

Will we just rate Obama right here!

Damocles
04-07-2009, 06:33 AM
What did this "Rate Obama" Forum look like? A regular forum? I'm not getting what this is supposed to be.

Canceled2
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM
What did this "Rate Obama" Forum look like? A regular forum? I'm not getting what this is supposed to be.

It was a board on Netscape/AOL titled "Rate President Bush". You were able to start various threads on the board. It was supposed to be specific to Bush's job performance and his policies. I imagine a "Rate President Obama" board might pick up some web searches?

BRUTALITOPS
04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
im not speaking for damo but I personally think it's a stupid idea O_O

Canceled2
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
im not speaking for damo but I personally think it's a stupid idea O_O

Well there ya have it HA!:blowup:

Damocles
04-08-2009, 07:18 AM
LOL. That's Grind for ya.

Canceled2
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL. That's Grind for ya.

It really woud be rather redundant since we all are basically rating him anyway. As a possible google search the term "Rate Obama" might snag a few fish.

Damocles
04-08-2009, 09:33 AM
True. I wonder if I should set it as a tag.

Canceled2
04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
True. I wonder if I should set it as a tag.

What does that mean?

Damocles
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I can set metatags for the search engines to read, you want them to be salient to the content so that people who want your content can find what you offer.

SJJRSJJS
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.peopleconnectionblog.com/2009/03/10/changes-coming-to-aol-message-boards/2#c18159001

Damocles
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
LOL. "Proper Authorities"?

Who will you be complaining too? They don't use "airwaves".