PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton out, Jay Cutler in

SmarterthanYou
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
The Chicago Bears traded Kyle orton and two first round picks for Jay cutler and a 3rd round pick, then signed 7 year pro bowl OL Orlando Pace.

If I didn't know any better. I'd say the bears are going to be scoring some points this year. I can only hope that their defensive free agent signings are up to the task of keeping the opposing team scoring down.

Damocles
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Run first offense and a crappy offensive line (save one guy apparently) will ensure that Jay will be looking at more sky than field.

You also don't want the guy to start scrambling, he throws idiot passes when he tries to play hero.

SmarterthanYou
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Run first offense and a crappy offensive line (save one guy apparently) will ensure that Jay will be looking at more sky than field.

You also don't want the guy to start scrambling, he throws idiot passes when he tries to play hero.

crappy offensive line? i say nay. Orlando Pace, Omiyale, and chris williams.

I still think it was a mistake to trade off Orton. I think he was getting ready to have his best years.

Damocles
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
crappy offensive line? i say nay. Orlando Pace, Omiyale, and chris williams.

I still think it was a mistake to trade off Orton. I think he was getting ready to have his best years.
I think both teams made out better than they should have. After you announce that he's going like that you don't usually get a good solid trade.

I'd bet if Bowlen had played it a bit closer we'd have Urlacher on our field...

SmarterthanYou
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I think both teams made out better than they should have. After you announce that he's going like that you don't usually get a good solid trade.

I'd bet if Bowlen had played it a bit closer we'd have Urlacher on our field...

no bet. LOL.

Topspin
04-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Wow football talk, I think I justgot wood.
The Bears will be way way more effective on offense.
Quick name the last pro bowl QB from the bears.

Damocles
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Wow football talk, I think I justgot wood.
The Bears will be way way more effective on offense.
Quick name the last pro bowl QB from the bears.
Jay Cutler.

SmarterthanYou
04-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Jim 'hollywood' mcmahon, 1985

Topspin
04-06-2009, 06:33 AM
was he in the pro bowl?

SmarterthanYou
04-06-2009, 06:38 AM
was he in the pro bowl?

Topspin
04-06-2009, 07:28 AM
23 yrs, long time

SmarterthanYou
04-06-2009, 08:06 AM
that happens when you base your offense solely on the run. for a few years now, the bears have been poised to have a decent pass attack also with two fine tight ends and a couple of fast receivers. Should be an interesting year. I did like Orton though and would liked to have seen him stay.

Topspin
04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Your gonna love Cutler.
Shit he played college at vandy, half of the time on his back and was still a first round guy. He is used to pass rush.

SmarterthanYou
04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Your gonna love Cutler.
Shit he played college at vandy, half of the time on his back and was still a first round guy. He is used to pass rush.

whats going to be interesting in this is that he's played with OT chris williams and WR earl bennet at vanderbilt, so there's already some chemistry there.

It is a shame though, because I think that Orton is actually headed for his best years in the NFL.