PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: Our Troops are Uneducated Idiots!

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 04:13 PM
“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.” --John Kerry

WOW.... the Republican's October Surprise is John Kerry's mouth! That Karl Rove is a fucking genius, I don't know how the hell he does it! They are trying to reach Nancy Pelosi for a statement, but she is nowhere to be found, an Amber Alert has been issued. Apparently, liberals were told to lay low until after the election... I guess Lurch didn't get the memo?

I think there is so much said in this statement, as it illustrates how the liberal elite really feel about our armed forces. Maybe it also explains why the armed forces aren't so hot on the liberal elite, as well?

OrnotBitwise
10-31-2006, 04:33 PM
You ever read Jarhead, by Anthony Swofford, Dix? Without rancor -- or a political agenda -- he does a pretty convincing job of demonstrating that only a moron, a loser or someone desperately confused is likely to join up these days.

Kerry didn't say anything that most of us don't know already. Chill, dude.

uscitizen
10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Yep many of them are uneducated, that is one of the reasons they joined, to get educational assistance.
But their Commander and chief is the stupidest one of all ;)

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
So... you guys agree with Senator Kerry, that our troops are uneducated idiots? I have to disagree with you, I have known many people who went to the Air Force Academy and West Point, who were anything BUT uneducated. In fact, most of them are smarter than all of you pinheads combined. They have to be, seeing how they are the ones who have to launch the nuclear weapons and stuff.

Besides, if the poor and downtrodden had no choice but to join the military, as you want to claim, the liberals would have a 'love affair' with the poor disadvantaged troops, that would be a prime source for Democrat support, it would seem. Instead, liberals take every opportunity to denigrate them and put them down.

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 05:06 PM
You ever read Jarhead...

Gosh, it's so predictably amazing to me, everytime I post something good, the first comment from a pinhead is about some book they read. Does everything in life revolve around something you read in a book?

Care4all
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Senator Kerry was speaking about President Bush Dixie...oh, please don't tell me that you did not read the entire statement in context Dixie, and are not just following your marching orders from your party....

You are really worrying me Dix....I know this is all "fun and games" to you, but if your party can not run a single ad with conviction about the job they have done and why they deserve to stay in power, and only find statements and incidences that they can twist and turn and lie about regarding their opponents in the races they face, they CERTAINLY DON'T DESERVE the American people's vote imo!

Show me your walk and not your talk, is what I say to them...and quite frankly, they haven't even taken baby steps during the 12 years in power, towards what Republicans of the true nature believe in...only a bunch of talk, and lying "talk" at that....it's sad, really.

care

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Senator Kerry was speaking about President Bush Dixie...

Really? {insert Nancy Pelosi doe eyes}

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Damn, he didn't even mention Bush! But yet... he was talking about him?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 05:19 PM
and quite frankly, they haven't even taken baby steps during the 12 years in power

Well, you see Care, we had this little problem of Democrats wanting to gum up the works with filibusters and require super-majority votes to get anything passed. I think that was the main problem, the legislation was written, and Republicans would have voted for it, but Democrats obstructed anything they tried to do, and insisted it was their Constitutional right to do so... you even made that very point to me. So, don't go lashing out at Republicans for failing to do anything with their "power" when it was Democrats who prevented anything from being done.

Care4all
10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Senator Kerry was speaking about President Bush Dixie...

Really? {insert Nancy Pelosi doe eyes}

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Damn, he didn't even mention Bush! But yet... he was talking about him?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The sentence before the one you posted makes it very clear he was speaking about president bush...

put this one line that your party pulled out of context, in to context and you got absolutely nothing but smoke and mirrors, twists and turns, and lies..ONCE AGAIN, ...and par for the course that you are following what you are told by your party, and passing on clear lies without ever bothering to look up what kerry said....president bush is the devil's lying pawn dixie, it's about time you stop following him....you know better, somewhere deep down inside....

care

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh I know Care... he was talking about the administration when he denigrated the troops in 1971, he was talking about the administration when he denigrated the troops in 2004, and he's talking about the administration now. It seems every time this clown denigrates our troops, he was actually talking about the administration. I think we get it.

He said what he fucking said! He inferred that people who serve in the armed forces, are the ones who didn't work hard in school and do their homework! I think it is an insult beyond belief, to the men and women who devoted their life to military service, and I think he should have apologized for it. Instead, we hear a defiant Kerry today, stating that "I apologize to no one!"

maineman
10-31-2006, 06:23 PM
no...you inferred that...he most certainly did not.

he said that if you work hard and study you'll do well...if you don't.... like slacker Bush and his stupid crowd of neocons, you end up doing stupid shit like getting us into Iraq. He is right. Bush - that man that gives you a chubbie when you see him in blue jeans - fucked up, Dixie.... the Iraq war is an abysmal failure...it has made us less safe and the world less safe than if we had proceeded in such a way as to leave alone the one guy who could keep islamic extremists at bay in Iraq and who could keep Iran from flexing their muscles as well. Bush fucked up...and you supported him...and the blood is on YOUR hands, asshole.

maineman
10-31-2006, 06:26 PM
infer  [in-fur]verb, -ferred, -ferring.

–verb (used with object) 1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.
3. to guess; speculate; surmise.

YOU are the one doing the inferring, not Kerry

Beefy
10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
no...you inferred that...he most certainly did not.

he said that if you work hard and study you'll do well...if you don't.... like slacker Bush and his stupid crowd of neocons, you end up doing stupid shit like getting us into Iraq. He is right.

This is obvious. But the spin machine is in full effect, and the sheep are eating it up like a ripe meadow. Kerry is an idiot, and he should have chosen his words more carefully, but this was an assault on the Retared clown in the whitehouse, not the troops. I heard Hannity Talking about it today, and he kept playing these soundbytes that were so obviously cut off or started in the middle of some other contextual statement. The fact that W's cronies want the troops to feel like Kerry is calling them fools is very telling, and anyone who embraces that totally obvious fallacy is nothing more than a drone with the inability to recognize factual context.

maineman
10-31-2006, 06:51 PM
precisely

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 07:13 PM

I don't buy that he is talking about Bush. He is clearly making a statement regarding the intelligence of our troops, and this is typical of John Kerry. The first two knee-jerk liberals to post to this thread, confirm this is how the liberals view the military. They didn't mistake his comments for anything other than the truth, read what they posted!

...only a moron, a loser or someone desperately confused is likely to join up these days.

Kerry didn't say anything that most of us don't know already.

Yep many of them are uneducated, that is one of the reasons they joined, to get educational assistance.

Hmmm... doesn't sound like Ornut and usc thought Kerry was talking about Bush! Did you guys forget to send them the emergency email damage control talking points, or did they just emotionally react before they got it?

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 07:20 PM
But the spin machine is in full effect, and the sheep are eating it up like a ripe meadow.

No sir, "spin" is trying to sell us on "Kerry was talking about Bush!"

It doesn't fly anymore! He bashed our troops in '71, he bashed them again in 2004, and both times, he used the "I was talking about the leadership!" excuse. In my opinion, he doesn't get any more passes for denigrating the troops. Enough is enough!

maineman
10-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't buy that he is talking about Bush. He is clearly making a statement regarding the intelligence of our troops, and this is typical of John Kerry.

That is not clear at all.... and do you really think that anyone with a fucking brain gives a SHIT what you do or do not "buy"? You bought the bullshit about Saddam and OBL being buddies...you bought the bullshit about Saddam having WMD's.... you have bought a whole host of ridiculous shit over the years..... no one cares what you buy.

if you want to read multitudinous examples of how someone can misspeak and mangle the english language and misstate their intent....just go visit any of the many BUSHISMS sites..... people in glass houses should not throw stones.

maineman
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
and whether racist slanderous assholes from birmingham give him "passes" or not is, I am sure, not at all on John Kerry's list of things that keep him up at night.

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey Maine, shut up! According to Kerry, you are an uneducated idiot. You see, you didn't do your homework or work very hard, and you wound up stuck in the Navy. It is such a shame too... you coulda been a politician... as I listened to the self-aggrandizing Kerry issue his defiant statement today, it sounded just like some of the shit you spew here. It's too bad you are an ignorant uneducated swabbie, you could have ran for president with your mouth!

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Repeated from other thread...

I don't know about the troops, but the tactics US commanders in Iraq have used show that they are pretty dumb.

They seem to have no ideas apart from overwhelming force....

Care4all
11-01-2006, 04:55 AM
and quite frankly, they haven't even taken baby steps during the 12 years in power

Well, you see Care, we had this little problem of Democrats wanting to gum up the works with filibusters and require super-majority votes to get anything passed. I think that was the main problem, the legislation was written, and Republicans would have voted for it, but Democrats obstructed anything they tried to do, and insisted it was their Constitutional right to do so... you even made that very point to me. So, don't go lashing out at Republicans for failing to do anything with their "power" when it was Democrats who prevented anything from being done.

they tried to filibuster some NOMINATIONS of a couple of people, that's it...all legislation that the republicans wanted the republicans got, with no filibuster stopping them in 6 years...

so cry a river if you like, but the republicans were not stopped by the democrats at all...in fact, the democrats DID NOT DO THEIR JOB and filibuster the whole lot of illegal actions of the president and the republican congress....

you reap what you sow, and this congress controlled by republicans for 12 years, is giving us nothing but illegal, unconstitutional, lawlessness.

maineman
11-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Hey Maine, shut up! According to Kerry, you are an uneducated idiot. You see, you didn't do your homework or work very hard, and you wound up stuck in the Navy. It is such a shame too... you coulda been a politician... as I listened to the self-aggrandizing Kerry issue his defiant statement today, it sounded just like some of the shit you spew here. It's too bad you are an ignorant uneducated swabbie, you could have ran for president with your mouth!

no...according to Kerry...it is uneducated idiots like YOU that get us bogged down in Iraq.

How is that going these days? How does it feel to know that your president just abandoned the search for a kidnapped American soldier in Sadr City because the Iraqi leader ordered him to take down the checkpoints put up specifically to find the soldier? How does it feel to have your president slapped like a girlieman by an Iraqi? (for that matter, how did it feel when he was slapped like a girlieman by a north korean google eyed maniac?) How does it feel to be one of a lonely diminishing handful of koolaid drinkers who still keep spewing the crap about how great the vibrant multicultural democracy is going in Iraq? How does it feel to know that you assinine predictions back in December about peace and calm in Iraq have blown up in sectarian carnage that our boys are caught in the middle of? How does it feel to know that you are only six days away from having to send me $100?

and isn't it embarrassing to, on one hand, claim to be so supportive of troops, but, on the other hand, know that you yourself sheepishly failed to answer the call, and that you yourself continue to attack men who did serve long and well? When you look in the mirror, how DO you control the gag reflex?

maineman
11-01-2006, 06:55 AM
and I'll match my undergraduate and graduate education up against your certificate of satisfactory course completion from the southern alabama one hour photo developer's training class any day.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 07:54 AM
John could have devalued this easily by simply saying, "I'm sorry that I miscued and forgot the word "us" and it made it appear as if I were denigrating the troops. Truly, I meant to denigrate the Administration."

It would already be over.

Instead the first words out of his mouth were, "I apologise to noone..."

Care4all
11-01-2006, 07:55 AM
The oh so conservative pawn media on every channel is CUTTING OFF Kerry's statement, where you heard the laughter in the crowd....they cut off the laughter and they cut off his discussion before this one liner...

the crowd knew he was speaking about Bush and his Cronies.....they got the joke and laughed.... this has been cut off in every airing of kerry's statement, except on countdown and c-span where you can see the entire speech....

It is appalling that the Republicans have so little respect for our troops to twist this statement to MAKE OUR TROOPS FEEL BAD....AND ONLY FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES....the republicans are SPITTING ON OUR TROOPS, once again....

yep, the republicans and the president look up at our earths worms...they can go no lower, than to do this to our troops who are giving their lives, for our president and the repugs whims of world rule....

Shame on you, Mr. President, SHAME ON YOU!

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Shame on us as a country for electing bush, TWICE!!

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 08:01 AM
It's too bad that Kerry was too much of a coward to do the right thing and apologize for his inappropriate remarks. It's a shame he left it up to the pinheads to defend him and make excuses for him. I know this must really suck for Dummycrats who were busy celebrating victory, and I know you wish this would just blow over, but it doesn't look like it will, and it doesn't look like anyone is buying the spin that he was really talking about Bush, he has played that card too many times. Pinhead candidates out stumping for votes, are dropping him like a hot potato, cancelling appearances with him left and right... apparently, they didn't interpret his words to be about Bush either.

People know how he feels about the troops, just like they know how all liberals feel about anything military. I think America is starting to realize how dangerous it would be to have these people in charge of anything right now.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Shame on us as a country for electing bush, TWICE!!

Which brings up an interesting point. Read Kerry's statement again...

Bush did, in fact, make the most of his education, he studied hard to earn degrees from Harvard and Yale, he made an effort to be smart in earning an MBA, and he did fairly well in being elected governor of Texas twice, as well as being elected to the presidency of the US twice. Kerry's comments couldn't apply to Bush if he wanted them to... (which he desperately does at this time.) The comments were an insult to the troops, even the director of the American Legion has denounced them, which should be enough on its own to warrant an apology... but John Kerry apologizes to no one!

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 08:13 AM
People know how he feels about the troops, just like they know how all liberals feel about anything military.

Dixie, that's brave talk for a loud-mouth chicken-hawk who hasn't served, talking about people who have served.

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
I don't know about the intelligence of the troops in Iraq (except the ones who voted for Bush) but the commanders in the field must be virtual retards, given the tactics they have chosen to use in Iraq....

Jarod
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.” --John Kerry

WOW.... the Republican's October Surprise is John Kerry's mouth! That Karl Rove is a fucking genius, I don't know how the hell he does it! They are trying to reach Nancy Pelosi for a statement, but she is nowhere to be found, an Amber Alert has been issued. Apparently, liberals were told to lay low until after the election... I guess Lurch didn't get the memo?

I think there is so much said in this statement, as it illustrates how the liberal elite really feel about our armed forces. Maybe it also explains why the armed forces aren't so hot on the liberal elite, as well?

Okay then, DIXIE is an idiot and thinks Lincon debated FREDERICK DOUGLASS. If we are going to pretend mistatements are not, for political reasons.

Bush clearly knew what Kerry ment and is exploiting the troops, throwing them under the bus for political reasons!

Damocles
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't know about the intelligence of the troops in Iraq (except the ones who voted for Bush) but the commanders in the field must be virtual retards, given the tactics they have chosen to use in Iraq....
I think they've been limited to those tactics by the limited foresight of a politician-run war.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
People know how he feels about the troops, just like they know how all liberals feel about anything military.

Dixie, that's brave talk for a loud-mouth chicken-hawk who hasn't served, talking about people who have served.

I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role. This was not my fault, it's just the breaks in life, like Micheal J. Fox having Parkinson's, he can't really do anything about that, can he?

Nevertheless, Kerry only served to fluff up his political ambitions.

Care4all
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
President Bush DID NOT DO HIS HOMEWORK regarding Iraq...he said he did NOT EVEN KNOW that there were both Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq or the difference between the two, until AFTER he took us to war....

He and his cronies said that we would be treated as liberators there....

He and his cronies said that this would be a slam dunk, a cake walk, in Iraq....

he and his cronies said that 150k troops would be enough for this cake walk....

All of this and much more show that the president and his administration did not DO THEIR HOMEWORK, regarding the war and occupation of Iraq.

And because they did not do their homework and use their brains regarding this war in Iraq, we are stuck there, and in a major quagmire and civil unrest.

Jarod
11-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Kerry flubs a zinger at the president... everyone upset and offended.

Bush's falied policies lead to the death of 2700 plus Americans troops... so what.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Once again, rubbish. I have simply applied my personal political knowledge to what was said and what would have deflected it. Personally, what Kerry has to say about the troops has limited effect on me.

Jarod
11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Maybe not you Damo, but open your eyes. Look at the "liberal" media. Look at your buddy Dixie!

maineman
11-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role. This was not my fault, it's just the breaks in life, like Micheal J. Fox having Parkinson's, he can't really do anything about that, can he?

you served? no.... you didn't. if you "served" then the guy who makes hamburgers at the McDonald's at the base PX also "serves".

when your day job is developing film for the military, you are a contractor who develops film for the military....you do not serve your country.... anymore than the guy in the factory where the film is made is serving his country.

And you are really despicable to castigate Kerry, who volunteered for Vietnam, when you yourself successfully avoided service by feigning some strange blood "illness" that mysteriously disappeared - it's funny that you didn't go back to sign up after the "illness" cleared up.... real funny.

are you going to attack Jim Webb next? Are you going to suggest that HE attended the Naval Academy, became a marine corps officer, went to Vietnam, won the Navy Cross, and then went on to be Reagan's SECNAV just to "fluff up HIS political ambitions"???

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 09:00 AM

A BILLO quote for the ages: "I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role."

BILLO didn't really write this did he????? Somebody hacked the board and posted this for him right????

"I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Way to Go BILLO!!!!! Got any more gems for the most quotable list?????

I was physically qualified. Does that mean I didn't serve???

Jarod
11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
People as manipulative and slanderous as Dixie are the reasons half of America thinks Al Gore said he invented the internet!

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Dixie has never been in the service so he has no idea which people the military attracts at all. Many are good intelligent people, many more are not quite so bright or honest. And the military keeps dropping it's entrance requirements.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 09:07 AM
So you agree that the military is uneducated?

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I think BILLO should trade that confederate flag for a dunce cap!

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
So you agree that the military is uneducated?

Based on my experience about 30% of the military is uneducated. The level of education varies a lot between the branches of service. USAF being the highest and the Army being the lowest overall education/intelligence levels.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Based on my experience about 30% of the military is uneducated. The level of education varies a lot between the branches of service. USAF being the highest and the Army being the lowest overall education/intelligence levels.
Don't dismiss the Navy. Nuke Technicians are not undereducated...

There is not a larger group of people that I have ever been among that I could be assured they at least had an equivalent of a Diploma. The military on average is more educated than most of society.

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I am not dismissing the Navy at all I just did not list them, I rate them second on training overall, just under the air force. Remember all sailors are not on nuclear subs.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
I am not dismissing the Navy at all I just did not list them, I rate them second on training overall, just under the air force. Remember all sailors are not on nuclear subs.
No, but not all nuke techs are on subs. Aircraft carriers, destroyers and many other ships also use them. Almost all of them need techs to fix the weaponry on board as well. The Navy carries a huge amount of well-educated people around the world.

Care4all
11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Can I please Ask those of you that keep saying that Kerry said this "about our troops" or about our soldiers....

Where in KERRY'S STATEMENT is there the word troops or the word soldiers?

Why are you presuming he even meant this about our soldiers, our troops when HE NEVER EVEN USED those words?

So, was it REPUBLICANS that ACTUALLY THOUGHT this about our troops and that is WHY, they RUSHED to their own opinions about what Kerry said?

Why is the media cutting off the sound of laughter from the crowd, that is a "part" of this "one liner" that is being pulled out of context and spun to mean something it was CLEARLY NOT, UNTIL OF COURSE.... the REPUBLICANS brought the word "troops" or "soldiers" in to the picture?

Shame on all of you, that have been caught up in these UNTRUTHS and lies, jfor purely partisan reasons, and bringing in our "troops" in to the picture by demoralizing them in this manner... and harming them by doing such...

Just when ya thought the Republicans in office and the Administration could not get any lower! :(

And shame on McCain....for once again, jumping on the Bush bandwagon with this partisan shit....

gawd, I just HATE everything about politics yet I come here near every day and read about this crapola....?

Is this the definition of "insanity"?

care

Damocles
11-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Because the military is comprised of our troops, Care.

maineman
11-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Because the military is comprised of our troops, Care.

where is the word "military"?

Damocles
11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
where is the word "military"?
Read other threads. Who else do the Dems think are "stuck in Iraq" and who do they constantly harp on that we should bring home from Iraq? Don't be so disingenuous. There is precious few other ways to construe the remark, the attempt to add words to it and spin it afterward is a weak attempt.

Kerry could have easily diffused the remark with a simple and direct apology, even the one I wrote earlier which doesn't even shy away from this "truth" of how he "meant" the remark.

Don't be so easily shown to be partisan. I know you are a yellow dog, but recognizing that this statement is bad for your party should be easy.

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
I think they've been limited to those tactics by the limited foresight of a politician-run war.

Even with the poor strategic thinking, use of tactics such as force protection and reliance of 'overwhelming firepower' were pretty dumb in a counter-insurgency situation....

maineman
11-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Read other threads. Who else do the Dems think are "stuck in Iraq" and who do they constantly harp on that we should bring home from Iraq? Don't be so disingenuous. There is precious few other ways to construe the remark, the attempt to add words to it and spin it afterward is a weak attempt.

Kerry could have easily diffused the remark with a simple and direct apology, even the one I wrote earlier which doesn't even shy away from this "truth" of how he "meant" the remark.

Don't be so easily shown to be partisan. I know you are a yellow dog, but recognizing that this statement is bad for your party should be easy.

I think that the Bush administration is stuck in Iraq.... and I think that is what Kerry meant by his comment....

do I think he worded it well? No. Would I rather he not have made the statement in the first place? Of course. Do I think that the republicans are having a field day with his misstatement as a way of avoiding the truth of his intended remarks? Of course they are. Do I think that it will change the outcome of congressional elections? no.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I think that the Bush administration is stuck in Iraq.... and I think that is what Kerry meant by his comment....

do I think he worded it well? No. Would I rather he not have made the statement in the first place? Of course. Do I think that the republicans are having a field day with his misstatement as a way of avoiding the truth of his intended remarks? Of course they are. Do I think that it will change the outcome of congressional elections? no.
Rubbish. Kerry knows that Bush went to the same college he did and got a better GPA than he did. He was not saying that Bush is uneducated. That is simply disingenuous spin. The only "uneducated" people stuck in Iraq are not the Administration and this silly attempt to spin it that way is just plain transparent.

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 10:18 AM
I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role.

So, you didn't serve....

Why are you stating that liberals who have served 'hate' the military because your leader has misused the military and liberals complain about that?

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
This whole subject is spin :) Kerrys origional statement was spin and all subsequent discussion of that origional spin is just subspin.

AnyOldIron
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
He was not saying that Bush is uneducated.

Educated doesn't equate to intelligent. You only have to take a look at some of the chinless wonders who emerge from the Oxbridge universities on the basis of daddy's money to recognise that.....

Damocles
11-01-2006, 10:24 AM
He was not saying that Bush is uneducated.

Educated doesn't equate to intelligent. You only have to take a look at some of the chinless wonders who emerge from the Oxbridge universities on the basis of daddy's money to recognise that.....
Hence saying that the uneducated are stuck in Iraq is not the same as saying the unintelligent Admin stuck us there...

There was only one group that can be construed to be "uneducated" and it wasn't Bush who got a better GPA than the man making the "uneducated" statement.

maineman
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Rubbish. Kerry knows that Bush went to the same college he did and got a better GPA than he did. He was not saying that Bush is uneducated. That is simply disingenuous spin. The only "uneducated" people stuck in Iraq are not the Administration and this silly attempt to spin it that way is just plain transparent.

I disagree with your opinion on this...I think that Bush may have gone to college, but he is hardly "educated".... he is profoundly incurious and dull and incaring about learning much about the world around him...it is that lack of "education" that I think Kerry was referrring to. I am not being disingenuous in the least. I simply disagree with you.... and if you want to continue to call me names for that, go fuck yourself.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Attempting to spin it after the fact so that it supposedly meant that the man who got a better GPA than he did, and at the very same college, was somehow "uneducated" is fricking hilarious!

I'm telling you the desperate spin here is really making me laugh. The smart man would have apologized quickly.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 10:26 AM
I disagree with your opinion on this...I think that Bush may have gone to college, but he is hardly "educated".... he is profoundly incurious and dull and incaring about learning much about the world around him...it is that lack of "education" that I think Kerry was referrring to. I am not being disingenuous in the least. I simply disagree with you.... and if you want to continue to call me names for that, go fuck yourself.
I have not called you even one name. So the whole "F" yourself thing? Well, let your mind go where it will.

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Umm, I thknk Damo is right Maine, he disagrees but I don't think he has called you a name.....

maineman
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I am sorry...where I come from, calling someone disingenuous was derrogatory..... silly me.

OrnotBitwise
11-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I am sorry...where I come from, calling someone disingenuous was derrogatory..... silly me.Point to Maineman.
:corn:

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
yep, my bad I did not spot that.
point to Maine.
btw Maine I heard you guys arrested OBL beside a freeway up there.
Great work.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 11:02 AM
I am sorry...where I come from, calling someone disingenuous was derrogatory..... silly me.
Where I come from an adjective such as "disingenuous" is not a proper noun like a "name".

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Tom Connolly....what a bozo..... he was our sacrificial lamb that ran for governor against an uber-popular ken doll republican a long time ago..... what an idiot!

He was the same guy, however, that pulled up Dubya's drunk driving record.

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
a nicely split hair..... to what effect?

Jarod
11-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I am starting to wonder if Bush was set up here...

In what seems like a coordinated ballet McCaskill, Webb and Ford are all calling on Kerry to apologise... giving them an oppertunity to sepperate themselves from the party's more "liberal" core in conservative states!

If it was not intentional it should have been. I bet some numbers JUMP this week for these canidates! Especally Webb whose opponant achually sat by while a member of his campaign beat up a vet!

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Where I come from an adjective such as "disingenuous" is not a proper noun like a "name".

why...I think that such a statement is moronic.

But that is certainly a far cry from calling you an actual NAME....like....MORON, for example.

lol

Damocles
11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
why...I think that such a statement is moronic.

But that is certainly a far cry from calling you an actual NAME....like....MORON, for example.

lol
Exactly. The statement can be "moronic", what I am saying might be "disingenuous" but it does not mean that I am a "moron".

It becomes inane if we cannot simply state that what another has said is wrong or foolish because we are afraid we are going to be accused of "calling them names"...

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
The first two responses to this thread.....

You ever read Jarhead, by Anthony Swofford, Dix? Without rancor -- or a political agenda -- he does a pretty convincing job of demonstrating that only a moron, a loser or someone desperately confused is likely to join up these days.

Kerry didn't say anything that most of us don't know already. Chill, dude.

But their Commander and chief is the stupidest one of all ;)

This is all the evidence anyone needs to show that the comments Kerry made were indeed about the troops and not Bush. Why are liberals running away from how they really feel? Why are you now trying to claim Kerry said something different? Ornut and usc didn't interpret anything different, they clearly understood Kerry, and essentially agreed with what he said. Why don't the rest of you have the courage to do the same? Why do you continue to run away from this and make lame excuses?

Harold Ford Jr. is now calling on Kerry to apologize, he apparently didn't think Kerry was talking about Bush, nor did any of the Democrats who have cancelled campaign appearances with Kerry. The leader of the American Legion said it was insulting and offensive, he obviously didn't think the comments were about Bush. Why are we supposed to pretend here? Why are the liberals running in circles, trying to play this down and spin it into something else? Why should America listen to you tell us what Kerry really meant to say?

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Exactly. The statement can be "moronic", what I am saying might be "disingenuous" but it does not mean that I am a "moron".

It becomes inane if we cannot simply state that what another has said is wrong or foolish because we are afraid we are going to be accused of "calling them names"...

there is a difference between saying you think something I said is wrong and saying that I was being disingenuous by saying it.

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
The first two responses to this thread.....

This is all the evidence anyone needs to show that the comments Kerry made were indeed about the troops and not Bush. Why are liberals running away from how they really feel? Why are you now trying to claim Kerry said something different? Ornut and usc didn't interpret anything different, they clearly understood Kerry, and essentially agreed with what he said. Why don't the rest of you have the courage to do the same? Why do you continue to run away from this and make lame excuses?

Harold Ford Jr. is now calling on Kerry to apologize, he apparently didn't think Kerry was talking about Bush, nor did any of the Democrats who have cancelled campaign appearances with Kerry. The leader of the American Legion said it was insulting and offensive, he obviously didn't think the comments were about Bush. Why are we supposed to pretend here? Why are the liberals running in circles, trying to play this down and spin it into something else? Why should America listen to you tell us what Kerry really meant to say?

two OTHER people's comments about Kerry's words are, in NO WAY evidence to show that the comments Kerry made were indeed about the troops and not Bush.

You really are fucking numb.

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:34 AM
and I think that it is working out wonderfully.... Kerry's comments allow guys in tight races, like McCaskill, Ford, and Webb to appeal to moderate and republican voters by demanding that Kerry apologize.....

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
and I think that it is working out wonderfully.... Kerry's comments allow guys in tight races, like McCaskill, Ford, and Webb to appeal to moderate and republican voters by demanding that Kerry apologize.....

LMAO... Yeah? The problem is the major contradiction. You want to claim what Kerry said was nothing to apologize for, and they are calling for him to apologize. It pretty much proves you a liar.

maineman
11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
And you claim to understand politics! I do think that he was speaking about Bush and not the troops....and therefore, he does not need to apologize for anything beyond messing up the joke, which he already has done.... but it does give democrats in close races a chance to woo the voters in the middle..... I have never lied about any aspect of this - or anything else, for that matter.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 12:02 PM
there is a difference between saying you think something I said is wrong and saying that I was being disingenuous by saying it.
No, there isn't. I didn't say you were always disingenuous, only in the one remark. It is the same as saying that something that I said is "moronic".

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
LMAO... Yeah? The problem is the major contradiction. You want to claim what Kerry said was nothing to apologize for, and they are calling for him to apologize. It pretty much proves you a liar.

I think they want you in make-up, BILLO!

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
And you claim to understand politics! I do think that he was speaking about Bush and not the troops....and therefore, he does not need to apologize for anything beyond messing up the joke, which he already has done.... but it does give democrats in close races a chance to woo the voters in the middle..... I have never lied about any aspect of this - or anything else, for that matter.

Well, either you are lying, or the Democrats calling for Kerry to apologize are lying, and since they are running for office and you're not, it would seem you'd be willing to take the bullet here.

Yes, you are lying through your teeth. You know damn well what Kerry meant, and you know that it was a totally stupid thing for him to say a week from the elections, this is why you feel so compelled to come here and try to lie your way out of it and make excuses for it.

As I said, the two pinhead comments in the opening of this thread, is proof that Democrats fully understood what Kerry said... hell, they even agreed with it! Now, after it's obvious this thing has legs, and is not going away, you all come out of the woodworks with your lies and distortion, trying to claim he said something entirely different. Ornut and usc busted you, without a doubt!

As much as you may like to stuff John Kerry's words back in his mouth and spit them back out for him, you simply can't. You'll have to live with it now.

bob
11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
i just dont get why he wouldnt apologize to the people who aprently "missunderstood" what he had said....

why didnt he just say .. hey i just want to apologize too all the idiots out there that i call idiots ?

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, either you are lying, or the Democrats calling for Kerry to apologize are lying, and since they are running for office and you're not, it would seem you'd be willing to take the bullet here.

Yes, you are lying through your teeth. You know damn well what Kerry meant, and you know that it was a totally stupid thing for him to say a week from the elections, this is why you feel so compelled to come here and try to lie your way out of it and make excuses for it.

As I said, the two pinhead comments in the opening of this thread, is proof that Democrats fully understood what Kerry said... hell, they even agreed with it! Now, after it's obvious this thing has legs, and is not going away, you all come out of the woodworks with your lies and distortion, trying to claim he said something entirely different. Ornut and usc busted you, without a doubt!

As much as you may like to stuff John Kerry's words back in his mouth and spit them back out for him, you simply can't. You'll have to live with it now.

Nothing Kerry ever says will compare with this gem though:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another Armchair Warrior--"Why don't you and him go fight!!!!!!"

Hey, Chicken Hawk, how low can you fly??????

Way to Go BILLO!

I still can't think about this quote without laughing my ass off...

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
i just dont get why he wouldnt apologize to the people who aprently "missunderstood" what he had said....

why didnt he just say .. hey i just want to apologize too all the idiots out there that i call idiots ?

Oh that's easy... because John Kerry apologizes to no one!

And BTW... you calling usc and Ornut idiots? You calling Harold Ford Jr. and idiot? You calling the leader of the American Legion and idiot? I think that is wonderful! It's a brilliant strategic political move to call everyone an idiot who didn't get John Kerry's "joke." I'm sure that will win a lot of votes for you!

The way I see it, regardless of how John Kerry meant it, he was wrong. Making jokes about Iraq when young men and women are dying over there, is totally inappropriate. So, you fucktards keep up the spin and hype, I think you are currently doing more to show America what a bunch of scum you really are, than explaining Kerry's idiotic statement. The best thing any of you can do at this point, is to shut your yap and hope this blows over... of course, it won't, but that would be better than this lame attempt to spin what was said.

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 12:35 PM
//

What does that mean anyway, that he went straight to officer status ?

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 12:44 PM

You can laugh all you like, do you think the only way one can serve their country is to enlist and wear a uniform? You think the wives of the soldiers serving in Iraq, who are having to raise their children without their husbands, and who are making enormous personal sacrifices, are not serving their country? What about the mothers and fathers who have lost their sons and daughters, are they not serving their country with their personal sacrifice? How about those in the USO, or working in the Veteran's Hospitals? They not "serving their country" either, Prik? How about people like Micheal J. Fox, who has a debilitating disease which prohibits him from service? Is he a chickenhawk too?

Let's see if we have this straight... if you enlist and serve in uniform, you are an ignorant uneducated boob who couldn't do any better with their life... if you didn't enlist and serve in uniform, you are a cowardly chickenhawk who doesn't support their country... So, I suppose, the only people who really are patriots are the ones like Bill Clinton, who avoided service and ran off to Oxford and protested against his country... is that what you believe?

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
And then there is this gem from the latest BILLO post: "You calling Harold Ford Jr. and idiot? You calling the leader of the American Legion and idiot?"

I put it in bold, because BILLO likes to bold: So no Billo, I wouldn't call either Harold Ford or the leader of the American Legion idiots. I wouldn't necessarily call Harold Ford a Democrat but I wouldn't call him an idiot.

But I also wouldn't say this either:

See above reason for bolding this...

Hey BILLO, I think the definition of serving is in an enlisted role, that is you have to be in the military to serve in the military.

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey BILLO:

Just one more question:

You say: "I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role."

Are you sure it was physical, and not mental?????

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 12:51 PM
//

What does that mean anyway, that he went straight to officer status ?

Well, it's really none of you business how I served my country. The fact of the matter is, when I wasn't physically qualified to serve in uniform as an enlisted soldier, I found another way to serve my country, as many people do. Some people serve by being firemen, some serve by being police, some serve by joining the peace corps... there are a number of ways to serve your country besides wearing a military uniform. To denigrate people you don't know, on this basis, is to assume the only way to serve your country is being in enlisted service, and that is a slap in the face to every American who has ever served their country in any capacity, including the ones fortunate enough to wear the uniform.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I think the definition of serving is in an enlisted role

Then you, sir, are an absolute idiot.

maineman
11-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh that's easy... because John Kerry apologizes to no one!

pot...meet kettle!

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 12:59 PM
billO is just like Kerry ? Wow that is cool.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 01:12 PM
**chirp chirp**

LMAO... Oh, this is sooooo rich! I love it when liberals open the door into their own nose and bloody the hell out of it! It never gets old to me! I wonder how long it will be before we hear how Karl Rove secretly replaced Kerry's speech while he wasn't looking, resulting in the now infamous blunder? I know that one is coming!

maineman
11-01-2006, 01:22 PM

Look shithead.... here is the deal: I think that what Kerry's prepared remarks read and what he said are two slightly different things. I think that what he said was misconstrued to make it seem as if he intentionally implied that folks in the military in Iraq were not smart.... and I fully believe that what he meant to say - what his prepared remarks actually said - was not that at all but an indictment of Bush and his ignorant bunch of incompetent cronies. You can call me a LIAR all you like, but I am not lying one bit. That is what I believe based upon what I heard and what I read.

Now...in regards to the democrats who call for an apology.... I think that is a delightfully pragmatic political move on their part. It does no real damage to Kerry or to the democratic party and it helps them significantly with swing voters. They can distance themselves from the remarks as perceived attacks on the troops, distance themselves from the far left - who will vote for them anyway - and improve their standing with the middle. It is a win-win for them. And I applaud their quickness and their pragmatism in seizing the opportunity to score points with the undecided and swing voters in their states.

Now...how about you not calling me a liar anymore just because we have different opinions?

Jarod
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Whats John Kerry Running for?

maineman
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, it's really none of you business how I served my country. The fact of the matter is, when I wasn't physically qualified to serve in uniform as an enlisted soldier, I found another way to serve my country, as many people do. Some people serve by being firemen, some serve by being police, some serve by joining the peace corps... there are a number of ways to serve your country besides wearing a military uniform. To denigrate people you don't know, on this basis, is to assume the only way to serve your country is being in enlisted service, and that is a slap in the face to every American who has ever served their country in any capacity, including the ones fortunate enough to wear the uniform.

there really is only one way to serve in harm's way in defense of your country, however...and that is to raise your hand and serve - as an enlisted or an officer - in the ARMED FORCES. Serving mcdonald's hamburgers at the base PX does not really count as serving your country...it really is only serving food, regardless of the clietele.

Damocles
11-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Whats John Kerry Running for?
The same thing Bush is running for.

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 01:29 PM

You can laugh all you like, do you think the only way one can serve their country is to enlist and wear a uniform? You think the wives of the soldiers serving in Iraq, who are having to raise their children without their husbands, and who are making enormous personal sacrifices, are not serving their country? What about the mothers and fathers who have lost their sons and daughters, are they not serving their country with their personal sacrifice? How about those in the USO, or working in the Veteran's Hospitals? They not "serving their country" either, Prik? How about people like Micheal J. Fox, who has a debilitating disease which prohibits him from service? Is he a chickenhawk too?

Let's see if we have this straight... if you enlist and serve in uniform, you are an ignorant uneducated boob who couldn't do any better with their life... if you didn't enlist and serve in uniform, you are a cowardly chickenhawk who doesn't support their country... So, I suppose, the only people who really are patriots are the ones like Bill Clinton, who avoided service and ran off to Oxford and protested against his country... is that what you believe?

Oh, I get it, your husband served and you waited for him with the kids to return, why didn't you just say that??? And thanks for clearing that up. But doesn't being in Dixie make it kind of hard on you and your husband???

And as far as Michael J. Fox goes, he's a Canadian BILLO, born in Alberta and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia.

And of course Clinton served his country as President, but he doesn't claim to have been in the military. And I have never heard him say, "I did serve, I just wasn't physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role."!!!!

Prakosh
11-01-2006, 01:38 PM

Very Poor Choice of Words There, BILLO!

Sorry BILLO I never felt like I was fortunate to have served in Vietnam. Still don't!!! If that was fortunate, I would never wish such forture on anyone not even you BILLO. And I question the sanity of anyone who would say that someone who was forced into that siutuation was fortunate to have had to do it.. Being put in a position of either "him or me" in a life and death situation is purely evil and could never under any circumstances be considered "fortunate"!!!!

You perhaps should go to make-up now!!! I think one of your guests wants to speak to you in the green room BILLO!!!

maineman
11-01-2006, 01:38 PM
and Dixie....not only were you not physically qualified to serve in an enlisted role, I am pretty certain you were not mentally qualified to serve in a commissioned role. How, for example, could you ever divide a search sector up for three destroyers to patrol if you were incapable of dividing anything into thirds?

I think it is just as well that your lack of overall qualification - physical and mental - has kept you from bunging up the military. The thought of brave young men being put in jeopardy by having to rely on your sorry ass for anything in a combat situation could keep me awake at night.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 02:09 PM
And of course Clinton served his country as President, but he doesn't claim to have been in the military.

LMAO... Oh really? How does that work? Only DEMOCRATS can serve their country in some capacity other than enlisting? I've never claimed to be in the military, but I did indeed find a way to serve my country.

Let me ask you... The people who overcame the hijackers on Flight 93... did they "serve their country" by their actions or not? Yes or no?

Do you feel that Martin Luther King, Jr. "served his country" in the struggle for Civil Rights? Yes or no?

Finally, the people who volunteer countless hours to the Red Cross, disaster relief efforts, and military support services agencies... Are they "serving their country?" Yes or no?

Let's clarify exactly who you think is "serving their country" and who isn't. I think that is vitally important for people to understand, regarding your position on America. It seems you've really managed to box yourself in with this, either people serve in uniform and are uneducated boobs who couldn't do any better in life, or they didn't "serve their country" to hear you tell it.

maineman
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Dixie put a quarter in the can being held by a little leaguer outside the supermarket..... he served his country by doing so....and he served it well!

ROFLMFAO

uscitizen
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Dixie needs to spend some time at the VA hospital in his area, working with the vets....
You get the truth there, not Faux news stuff.
It was pretty funny / sad when a Republican Senator showed up....Talk about the cold shoulder. I was talking with a wounded soldier, and reading his mail to him and writing letters to send for him, since he has no arms....the Senator came up and sudden silence from the vet, After some small talk from the Senator the VET said I would shake you hand but your party seems to have gotten both mine blown off....the senator just turned and ambled off.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
So what about it usc? Have you recanted on your statement from yesterday? Do you now "feel" that Kerry was misinterpreted? Do you now "feel" that Kerry was talking about Bush? I'm just curious, becuase yesterday you lamented on how this "uneducated troops" thing was common knowledge. Have you flip-flopped yet? And speaking of flip-flops, when Kerry is ultimately pressured into apologizing for what he said, does that mean that Maineperv is a liar, and that Kerry really did have a reason to apologize?

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Bump for usc... I think he's ignoring me!

maineman
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
pot...meet kettle.... you are ignoring me, Dixie.... which is pretty lame. But then, you have, I suspect, gotten weary of me wiping the floor with you all these years.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-02-2006, 06:51 PM
**chirp chirp**

LMAO... Oh, this is sooooo rich! I love it when liberals open the door into their own nose and bloody the hell out of it! It never gets old to me! I wonder how long it will be before we hear how Karl Rove secretly replaced Kerry's speech while he wasn't looking, resulting in the now infamous blunder? I know that one is coming!

I just had to repost the cricket chirping. ;)

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Dixie needs to spend some time at the VA hospital in his area, working with the vets....
You get the truth there, not Faux news stuff.

How much time have you spent at the VA Hospital? I doubt you even know where it is in your area. You've gulped down the koolaid from some left-wing propagandists, and believe this contrived lying bullshit. I know veterans, I know Iraq war veterans who are in the VA. I have yet to meet a Democrat in the military, or anyone who spews the kind of bile the liberals like to spew. I've not met them all, and I am sure there are some Democrats in the military, I've just not met any, and I've yet to find anyone with the twisted and distorted view of the left. Most of them return home, and are utterly shocked to hear how the war is being played on the liberal media. They don't understand why no one seems to want to report on the successes in Iraq, the 'good news' part is largely ignored, and we are getting a totally false perception of how things are going overall.

There are at least 300,000 veterans of this war, and their families, either currently in Iraq or back home, who will be voting on Tuesday. I doubt the weekly liberal opinion poll manipulation will have accounted for them in total.

maineman
11-02-2006, 07:22 PM
so...you haven't been to the VA hospital, but you know some guys who have, and yet, you can state that liberals are scarce in the ranks of the veterans...and you base this OPINION on not much more than USCitizens... or MINE....except, of course, that he and I ARE actually veterans who actually DID serve our country in uniform in harm's way.... so your opinion isn't worth a bucket of warm spit....you are a chickenshit chickenhawk who no self respecting veteran could get NEAR without experiencing nausea.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-02-2006, 07:57 PM
so...you haven't been to the VA hospital, but you know some guys who have, and yet, you can state that liberals are scarce in the ranks of the veterans...and you base this OPINION on not much more than USCitizens... or MINE....except, of course, that he and I ARE actually veterans who actually DID serve our country in uniform in harm's way.... so your opinion isn't worth a bucket of warm spit....you are a chickenshit chickenhawk who no self respecting veteran could get NEAR without experiencing nausea.

I never said that I hadn't been to the VA Hospital, I asked if he had been. As I said, I know people there, and yes, I have been to see them. I know quite a few Iraq Vets, and you didn't serve in the Iraq war, so you probably don't know many. I understand. All I can say is, they don't appreciate you and John Kerry putting words in their mouth, they are fed up with the bullshit whining and moaning from the left who want to LOSE the war and turn it into Vietnam, and they are about as motivated to vote in this election as anyone can get. I've yet to meet an Iraq War Vet, who espouses anything remotely close to the bile and garbage I hear from the left on this board.

Demwit
11-02-2006, 09:56 PM
I sounds like to me all the democrats wanting all the armchir republicans to jion would further drop the intelligence level of our armed forces if they did join up.

Be patriotic and keep our defense strong , keep the armchair republicans out of the military.

uscitizen
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
I take it that Dixie is belittling my helping Vets ? I can't say for sure though as I have him on ignore, much nicer that way ;)

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-03-2006, 10:06 AM
I take it that Dixie is belittling my helping Vets ? I can't say for sure though as I have him on ignore, much nicer that way ;)

No, if you have actually been to the VA and worked with wounded vets, my hat is off to you, and I commend you for doing something wonderful. Personally, I don't believe any of you have been, nor will you go. Much like this sudden rash of liberals who have served in the military, I think it's a bunch of hogwash you want us to buy, so you can bash people over the head who are honest enough to tell the truth. You people prove daily, you will lie through your teeth to regain power, so I have a hard time believing so many of you actually did put on a uniform at some time, or went to visit vets at the VA, especially given your propensity to trash the troops and denigrate the military.

ib1yysguy
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Liberals sure aren't scarce in the ranks of Iraq war veterans returning and running for office, are they Dix?

maineman
11-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Dixie.....given the fact that you obviously do not know the distinction between fighters and attack aircraft, if I were you, I'd find some new pinhead quote of the moment....ROFLMFAO!

maineman
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
No, if you have actually been to the VA and worked with wounded vets, my hat is off to you, and I commend you for doing something wonderful. Personally, I don't believe any of you have been, nor will you go. Much like this sudden rash of liberals who have served in the military, I think it's a bunch of hogwash you want us to buy, so you can bash people over the head who are honest enough to tell the truth. You people prove daily, you will lie through your teeth to regain power, so I have a hard time believing so many of you actually did put on a uniform at some time, or went to visit vets at the VA, especially given your propensity to trash the troops and denigrate the military.

there is a VA hospital in my home town.... my wife volunteers there twice a month and I go out there at least that often.

You, on the other hand have never been in uniform and barely know how to SPELL VA, let alone know where your nearest VA hospital is or have ever gone there...and you have the gall to call the liberal veterans on here LIARS? Who the fuck are YOU kidding?