PDA

View Full Version : Paterno to be the All Time Winningest Coach

Cancel3
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Good article concerning the battle between Paterno & Bowden for winningest coach.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/845874.html

I agree with the article that too many of Bowdon's win's are against nobodies.

Topspin
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
didn't see anything about Bowden's wins at West Virginia.
He seriously helped the Marshal coaches get their program back on track. He can't be all bad. I do think Jo Pa wins the class battle.

Cancel3
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
didn't see anything about Bowden's wins at West Virginia.
He seriously helped the Marshal coaches get their program back on track. He can't be all bad. I do think Jo Pa wins the class battle.

Nah, he is not all bad. I have met his son Terry, and I admire what Bobby has done.

But I think Joe deserves to be the winningest.

Topspin
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I never got why Terry was ousted or didn't get another coaching job.

Cancel3
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I never got why Terry was ousted or didn't get another coaching job.

He is now the head football coach at the Univ of North Alabama

Topspin
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I thought he got the shaft at auburn and would get a way better job than he got much sooner.

Cancel3
03-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I thought he got the shaft at auburn and would get a way better job than he got much sooner.

He was a speaker at a safety conference I attended a few years ago. I was gonna mess with him by wearing a UA shirt. When he saw it he started singing the Bama fight song. Couldn't dislike him after that.

At the time he was doing the public speaking gig and working as an announcer. He said to be a head coach you have to want it with every fiber of your being. Otherwise its not worth the stress.

Personally, I think his 11-0 season at Auburn showed he was a top level coach. I don't care what kind of talent you have, when you run the table in the SEC, you got game.

Topspin
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
that's the point that got me the most, who goes 11-0 in SEC and isn't considered a great coach.