PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Watchdog Office Faces 2007 Closure

uscitizen
10-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Iraq Watchdog Office Faces 2007 Closure

Monday, October 30, 2006

By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

WASHINGTON — An explosive report released Monday on U.S. weapons losses in Iraq could be part of the reason Stuart Bowen's days as the special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction are numbered.

The special IG office, which since 2004 has kept watch over how U.S. taxpayers' funds are being spent rebuilding Iraq, is scheduled to close at the end of fiscal year 2007, next Sept. 30. Its expiration has prompted concerns that new and continuing investigations into waste, fraud and abuse by Iraqis and American contractors will recede into the shadows of the federal bureaucracy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226337,00.html

Cypress
10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
What makes you think the GOP actually wants to pull an FDR, and perform oversight of government waste and corruption during wartime?

Care4all
11-01-2006, 05:09 AM
What the hell is wrong with these republicans and why the hell do they continue to steal our tax dollars and waste them on shit they never even got more than likely?

why would they want to get rid of this investigative office?

I can not believe that one american could support this group of incompetent, and lawless republicans.... I just do not understand mind control, I guess, and how well it has worked on the administration's followers....?

Care4all
11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Close the office that is the CHECK on wasteful spending and makes our government ACCOUNT for their spending of our tax dollars while OPENING AN office of PROPAGANDA to make Rumsfeld look better with our tax dollars is UNETHICAL and WRONG and not doing what is right for us, their bosses...for goodness sakes!

Demwit
11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
It can't be unethical, Republicans are doing it.

uscitizen
11-02-2006, 08:42 AM
That is true Demwit, they are the party of superior morals ;)