PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Prediction Update

maineman
07-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Back on the 1st of December 2005, Dixie predicted that we would be out of Iraq before we lost 500 more American troops in battle.

As of today, we have lost 462 US military personnel in Iraq since that prediction.

As the current rate, we will reach the 500 mark before the end of August.

Neocons have NEVER known what the fuck they were talking about regarding Iraq or Islam or the war on terror.

tinfoil
07-30-2006, 09:17 AM
www.youneedalife.com

Jarod
07-30-2006, 10:58 AM
And when the time comes, he will make the prediction again, and again, and again. All that matters to the neocon is that they give supporters a hook to hang a hat on. As longas they say they belive its almost over the sheeple will go on believing...

Cypress
07-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Back on the 1st of December 2005, Dixie predicted that we would be out of Iraq before we lost 500 more American troops in battle.

As of today, we have lost 462 US military personnel in Iraq since that prediction.

Neocons have NEVER known what the fuck they were talking about regarding Iraq or Islam or the war on terror.

Its a safe bet that whatever dixie predicts, the exact opposite will happen. When zarqawi was killed, he predicted al qaeda in iraq was through, and the insurgency was in its demise.

maineman
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
If he weren't already ignoring me, I would think that DIxie might, in stead, just act like he were ignoring me.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 12:03 AM
For the record: Dixie officially stated in an editorial, that we would likely see fewer deaths in combat for the entire Iraq war, than some single military battles. This was twisted into the number 2,500 in the ensuing onslaught of parsing and hacking, and an example I gave of a WWII so. pacific battle, which had incurred 2,500 casualties. I stated that, indeed, I seriously doubted we would see significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths in this war, and I will stand behind that. We aren't seeing the attrition rates we saw at one point, it has dropped significantly, and baring any kind of unforeseen catastrophe, there will not be many more flag-draped coffins coming home. There will not be many more opportunities for Liberal pinheads to protest at dead veterans funerals!

I hate it for you, I know how much you were all counting on this being another Vietnam, and having the body count soar into the 10's of thousands, but that hasn't happened and won't happen now. So, you people can stop your cheer-leading for the insurgency, the game is over. What you are doing now, is looking foolish, and at a time you can ill-afford to look that way in public.

maineman
07-31-2006, 05:53 AM
no one on the left is "cheerleading for the insurgency". Being critical of this administration's hamfisted counterproductive foreign policy is not synonymous with wanting the insurgents in Iraq or anywhere else to succeed. That is just more obfuscating and fear mongering on the part of the increasingly desperate neocon crowd.

I want nothing more than our troops to leave Iraq and our government to start using our military to fight the war on terror and quit flushing lives and dollars down the toilet in Iraq in this administration's incompetent handling of a wrong headed nation building foreign policy.

Iraq is NOT turning into the flowering democracy serving as a beacon of freedom and hope for the middle east as promised by this administration.

The left told you all that forcing western judeo-christian democracy down the throat of an arab nation boiling over with sectarian hatred and distrust was a losing proposition. We were told that we were on the wrong side of history and that we would look like idiots when Iraq set the standard for this burgeoning democracy movement throughout the world of Islam that Bush so confidently predicted. We were NOT wrong... we were right. The neocons have opened Pandora's box... the middle east is turning to shit in front of our eyes.

The right needs to be removed from power as soon as possible. It may already be too late. They may very well have already started us down the slippery slope into Hell.

and the bottom line of this post is that later on next month, we will surpass the 500 more dead Americans that you confidently predicted we would never see. You are on the wrong side of history.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 07:48 AM
For the record: Dixie officially stated in an editorial, that we would likely see fewer deaths in combat for the entire Iraq war, than some single military battles. This was twisted into the number 2,500 in the ensuing onslaught of parsing and hacking, and an example I gave of a WWII so. pacific battle, which had incurred 2,500 casualties. I stated that, indeed, I seriously doubted we would see significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths in this war, and I will stand behind that. We aren't seeing the attrition rates we saw at one point, it has dropped significantly, and baring any kind of unforeseen catastrophe, there will not be many more flag-draped coffins coming home. There will not be many more opportunities for Liberal pinheads to protest at dead veterans funerals!

I hate it for you, I know how much you were all counting on this being another Vietnam, and having the body count soar into the 10's of thousands, but that hasn't happened and won't happen now. So, you people can stop your cheer-leading for the insurgency, the game is over. What you are doing now, is looking foolish, and at a time you can ill-afford to look that way in public.

Just like I said, he is once again predicting there are going to be no more casualities. Eventually, if he keeps making that prediction he will be correct. I am just shocked he can countanance making shuch a shamefull and obviously hatched up prediction in the face of whats hapening in Iraq as we speak... They are sending MORE troops in.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 07:49 AM

I have never seen an example of anyone cheer-leading the insurgency! Only those on the RIGHT alleging it!

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Just like I said, he is once again predicting there are going to be no more casualities.

Perhaps you can highlight that specific prediction, for those of us who didn't actually read it in the text of what was posted?

Jarod
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
no one on the left is "cheerleading for the insurgency". Being critical of this administration's hamfisted counterproductive foreign policy is not synonymous with wanting the insurgents in Iraq or anywhere else to succeed. That is just more obfuscating and fear mongering on the part of the increasingly desperate neocon crowd.

I want nothing more than our troops to leave Iraq and our government to start using our military to fight the war on terror and quit flushing lives and dollars down the toilet in Iraq in this administration's incompetent handling of a wrong headed nation building foreign policy.

Iraq is NOT turning into the flowering democracy serving as a beacon of freedom and hope for the middle east as promised by this administration.

The left told you all that forcing western judeo-christian democracy down the throat of an arab nation boiling over with sectarian hatred and distrust was a losing proposition. We were told that we were on the wrong side of history and that we would look like idiots when Iraq set the standard for this burgeoning democracy movement throughout the world of Islam that Bush so confidently predicted. We were NOT wrong... we were right. The neocons have opened Pandora's box... the middle east is turning to shit in front of our eyes.

The right needs to be removed from power as soon as possible. It may already be too late. They may very well have already started us down the slippery slope into Hell.

and the bottom line of this post is that later on next month, we will surpass the 500 more dead Americans that you confidently predicted we would never see. You are on the wrong side of history.

Not only the wrong side of history, the wrong side of the present.

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 07:51 AM
I have never seen an example of anyone cheer-leading the insurgency!

Blind people never can see, so that doesn't surprise me.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 07:53 AM
"I stated that, indeed, I seriously doubted we would see significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths in this war, and I will stand behind that. " - Dixie..

Now show me where someone was cheer-leading the insurgency... you cant you silly person!

maineman
07-31-2006, 07:57 AM
exactly. when we point out that Saddam did not invent cancer or kill seven million jews or have any WMD's or any alliance with Al Qaeda, the neocons want to make those attempts to speak the TRUTH appear as some sort of DEFENSE of Saddam. Saddam is a bad guy. He did a bunch of bad things. There is no need to lie about it and create this giant list of fictional bad things that he was supposed to have done. America knows we invaded on false pretenses... they know now that there weren't any WMD's..that there was NOT an imminent threat... they know now that our invasion has started a chain of unfortunate events ... they know now that this administration is inept and corrupt.... guys like Dixie should give up spinning.... the only folks who believe them are spinning alongside them.... everyone else sees them for the liars that they really are.

maineman
07-31-2006, 08:11 AM
I have never seen an example of anyone cheer-leading the insurgency!

Blind people never can see, so that doesn't surprise me.

and stupid people make shit up.... quit tap dancing and just bring up one quote from anyone on the left "cheerleading" for the insurgency...

but we all know that ain't gonna happen..and he'll just keep spewing shit like he always does

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I seriously doubted we would see significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths in this war

Just like I said, he is once again predicting there are going to be no more casualities.

Now, it seems to me, you have a bit of a reading comprehension problem here, because nothing in my statement "predicts" there will be "no more" casualties. I do indeed doubt that there will be significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths, when all is said and done. Now, Iran could lob a nuclear bomb into Baghdad and kill 100,000 U.S. soldiers tomorrow, anything can happen in a war, and I don't want anyone to mistake my opinion for a prediction here. Given the current tempo, and the current rate of attrition, I don't think the death toll is going much higher. I fully understand how you hope and pray that it will, so you can show me I am wrong and turn public support against this war (the same objectives as the enemy), but I just don't see it happening.

evince
07-31-2006, 11:16 AM
your so full of shit

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 11:22 AM
"I stated that, indeed, I seriously doubted we would see significantly more than 2,500 combat deaths in this war, and I will stand behind that. " - Dixie..

Now show me where someone was cheer-leading the insurgency... you cant you silly person!

Basically, everything you post regarding Iraq is "cheer-leading" for the enemy, because it is the ONLY effective weapon they have against us. We have already demonstrated victory over the enemy in every aspect of this war, save for the war of public opinion, which you people have continually assisted them in every regard. Make no mistake, our brave men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces can handle the war on the battlefield, it's the war of public opinion they can't win. It is the only vulnerability our enemy has been able to exploit, and with your help, they continue to do so with ease. YES...You are al Qaeda's "12th Man!"

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 11:24 AM
your so full of shit

Dayum, I figured you'd be joining the Dixie Boycott!

evince
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
If there is one Im on

maineman
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Basically, everything you post regarding Iraq is "cheer-leading" for the enemy, because it is the ONLY effective weapon they have against us. We have already demonstrated victory over the enemy in every aspect of this war, save for the war of public opinion, which you people have continually assisted them in every regard. Make no mistake, our brave men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces can handle the war on the battlefield, it's the war of public opinion they can't win. It is the only vulnerability our enemy has been able to exploit, and with your help, they continue to do so with ease. YES...You are al Qaeda's "12th Man!"

questioning the wisdom of our invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq is NOT synonymous with "cheerleading for the enemy". Democrats do not want the enemy to succeed. We do not hope for their victory...we only voice our strident and deeply felt criticism of this president's terrible terrible foreign policy formulation and the incompetent inplementation thereof.

as a great republican once said,

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

So, from Teddy Roosevelt's perspective - and from MINE - it is assholes like Dixie who are unpatriotic, servile and treasonous.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 12:58 PM

Typical Neocon, republican resonse... question the war and they way it has been fought and you are the enemy.

Well Ill tell you what, AMERICA is stronger than that. We accept questioning our government because we can and because its one of the things that MAKES AMERICA STRONG. Sure in China, Cuba and North Korea, questioning the way the government acts and the leaders choices is treasom and makes you the enemy, but not here in AMERICA. :321:

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Well Ill tell you what, AMERICA is stronger than that. We accept questioning our government because we can and because its one of the things that MAKES AMERICA STRONG. Sure in China, Cuba and North Korea, questioning the way the government acts and the leaders choices is treasom and makes you the enemy, but not here in AMERICA.

Why is it, you always want to hide behind these claims of "questioning the government?" I question the government every day, there is no problem with you questioning the government or anything else for that matter. It is your blatant propagandizing and undermining of the war effort, that presents a problem. You crossed a line from 'mere questioning' into borderline treason, a long fucking time ago! To try and claim you have some patriotic right to effectively conspire with the enemy against the United States, is just plain cowardice. Stand up for what you believe! Be honest about your support for our enemies, admit you hate America and what it stands for and want to see it fail. Don't go hiding behind some false claim of patriotic rights like we are a bunch of idiots who can't see through you.

maineman
07-31-2006, 04:30 PM
I have a patriotic right to be outraged at the dangerously incompetent execution of a flawed foreign policy. No one on the left that I know of is "conspiring with the enemy against the United States. I am firmly convinced that Bush's terrlble foreign policy and even worse implementation of it is a clear and present danger to America. I am a patriot and I feel that our pResident is a danger to us all....and I am FAR from alone in holding those beliefs. The majority of Americans now realize they were sold a bill of goods, that their fears were played upon, that they were misled by Bush and that, in so doing, he has made us LESS safe, MORE despised around the world... and our war efforts have only served to make us poorer and fewer.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Not true, I love America, thats why I am so upset to see the path it has taken in the past few years. It is my duty to point out Bush's folly. I owe it to those fighting for me.

Please give me an example of "blatant propagandizing and undermining of the war effort" instead of just name calling cite an example of what the HELL you are talking about. I think Saddam was a sick evil man. I think Ossama should be killed. I want to punish those responsable for 9-11! I dont think an inept attempt at taking over Iraq promotes those goals...!

LadyT
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Not true, I love America, thats why I am so upset to see the path it has taken in the past few years. It is my duty to point out Bush's folly. I owe it to those fighting for me..........I think Saddam was a sick evil man. I think Ossama should be killed. I want to punish those responsable for 9-11! I dont think an inept attempt at taking over Iraq promotes those goals...!

Very well said.

Jarod
07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
"You crossed a line from 'mere questioning' into borderline treason, a long fucking time ago!"

Were, When, How? Dont just shout insults... cite examples of what you are talking about?

Jarod
07-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Very well said.

Thanks

maineman
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
"You crossed a line from 'mere questioning' into borderline treason, a long fucking time ago!"

Were, When, How? Dont just shout insults... cite examples of what you are talking about?

of course, you are kidding...aren't you Jarod? Have you EVER known Dixie to be able to do that? He is nothing but a blowhard neocon chickenhawk gadfly...and he'll never change

Cypress
07-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Dixie, on Zarqawi's death, June 15 2006:

"There have been dozens of captures and arrests made since the discovery of the documents, we frikin hit the mother-load on information, and the "insurgency" is about to meet its demise!

maineman
07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
I wonder if he enjoys his status as really a parody of all that is wrong with the folks who blindly support Bush and who have so destroyed the GOP?

Cypress
07-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I wonder if he enjoys his status as really a parody of all that is wrong with the folks who blindly support Bush and who have so destroyed the GOP?

When Dixie is 80 years old, and suffering from alzheimers and dementia, he'll still be muttering that "Bush was right! we found wmd!"

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Anyone sensible won't really care about Bush that far into the future.

Only liberals with nothing else to validate their flawed perspective than an unlucky president.

maineman
07-31-2006, 08:48 PM
actually...the minute he leaves the white house, I will try very hard not to ever let him cross my mind ever again.

unlucky? hardly.

inept? dull? incurious? misquided? a simpleton? most certainly.

The worst president of my lifetime. bar none.

Beefy
07-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Anyone sensible won't really care about Bush that far into the future.

Only liberals with nothing else to validate their flawed perspective than an unlucky president.

Yes, it was extremely unlucky for him to accidentially sign evey spending bill placed before him save one, to invade another country on accident, and to squander the goodwill the world had towards my country, all in a few years. He's a really good card player getting bad cards. Yeah, that's it.

maineman
07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
precisely beefy....very well said!

by the way...did you ever get back to that thread about the UN observation post?

Beefy
07-31-2006, 09:07 PM
No, I don't think I did. I'll check.

zoombwaz
08-01-2006, 05:01 AM

Unfortunately for your position, several observers have predicted a catastrophic loss of life, due in part to the sloppiness resulting from low morale, which is itself inherent in the nature of the asymmetrical war, and it's lack of battle lines or clear delineation of the opposition forces. The only reason Iraq won't equal Vietnam's casualties is that the public won't stand for that again. Otherwise, Iraq is Vietnam with sand.

By the way, nobody is cheerleading for the insurgency, you pinhead, and if you had made the right call in a clear unambiguous fashion, neither of which you did, you wouldn't have to be doing all this shucking and jiving, trying to make it seem like you did. You're the one looking foolish, defending the indefensible.

maineman
08-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Iraq is swirling down the bowl.... dissolving into sectarian civil war that WE set in motion... the crazies are in control in Iran...Hezbollah is integrating itself into the political and military structure of Lebanon...Hamas is in ascendancy in Palestine... this is a nightmarish foreign policy debacle on a scale never before seen in this country. Bush and his neocon chickenhawk cheerleaders have literally pushed the world to the brink. I am beginning to believe this religious right "End of Times" bullshit might have some substance to it.

Jarod
08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Iraq is swirling down the bowl.... dissolving into sectarian civil war that WE set in motion... the crazies are in control in Iran...Hezbollah is integrating itself into the political and military structure of Lebanon...Hamas is in ascendancy in Palestine... this is a nightmarish foreign policy debacle on a scale never before seen in this country. Bush and his neocon chickenhawk cheerleaders have literally pushed the world to the brink. I am beginning to believe this religious right "End of Times" bullshit might have some substance to it.

Dixie?

Beefy
08-01-2006, 07:33 PM
I am beginning to believe this religious right "End of Times" bullshit might have some substance to it.

A classic self-fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

maineman
08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
A classic self-fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

I think that is exactly right. They want to hasten the time to the rapture and getting us totally embroiled in a knock down drag out fight in the middle east that serves no purpose other than to enflame the Islamic world will do just that.

We NEED to take the keys away from these loonies right away!

Jarod
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I think that is exactly right. They want to hasten the time to the rapture and getting us totally embroiled in a knock down drag out fight in the middle east that serves no purpose other than to enflame the Islamic world will do just that.

We NEED to take the keys away from these loonies right away!

Intentionally or unintentionally thats what they are doing..

gonzojournals
08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Yes, it was extremely unlucky for him to accidentially sign evey spending bill placed before him save one, to invade another country on accident, and to squander the goodwill the world had towards my country, all in a few years. He's a really good card player getting bad cards. Yeah, that's it.
Clinton did that by weakening the US and lowering opinion--- don't be a fool, the world already hated us.
I never said he was a good president, but he is certainly not the worst....no other president has had to deal with the things that he has had to address...
And plenty of presidents have never vetoed a bill....the fact that he hasn't simply means that he was happy with his party's legislation....and that is all it means.

On both sides you ideologues try to imply a lot that isn't there. It's sad really.

gonzojournals
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
precisely beefy....very well said!

by the way...did you ever get back to that thread about the UN observation post?
Well said if you are fifteen year old with a black/white perspective on reality and very little real world experience, or if you happen to be a left wing idiot who follows every "hip" trend that comes his way.

I swear liberals must always have a body temperature of 41.11 degrees C--- the temperature at which the brain dies.

maineman
08-04-2006, 05:40 AM
Well said if you are fifteen year old with a black/white perspective on reality and very little real world experience, or if you happen to be a left wing idiot who follows every "hip" trend that comes his way.

I swear liberals must always have a body temperature of 41.11 degrees C--- the temperature at which the brain dies.

are you suggesting, perhaps, that Bush has NOT signed every spending bill put in front of him? OR, are you perhaps suggesting that our standing in the world community has NOT been significantly degraded by our ill advised misadventure in Iraq?
The more I read your shit, it seems like you really only produce half baked one-liner insults and that you add precious little of any substance to the debate itself.... like a heckler at a political rally... Hunter Thompson would roll over in his grave to know you have failed so badly with his moniker. Wanna try working on that?

maineman
08-12-2006, 07:16 PM
we'd better pull out of Iraq pretty quickly. Eleven more dead Americans and Dixie's prediction will have been proven wrong.

maineman
08-21-2006, 10:36 AM
499 as of today. We'd better hurry and get out QUICK!

Cypress
08-21-2006, 10:44 AM
499 as of today. We'd better hurry and get out QUICK!

In a way, Dixie's a pretty good barometer of what happens in Iraq:

Whatever Dixie "predicts", assume the exact opposite will happen.

maineman
08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
A sad day for America.... an embarrassing day for Dixie...

we're at 506 since 12/1/05 when Dixie predicted we wouldn't lose 500 more Americans.

we're at 2618 dead since we senseless invaded Iraq

19323 brave Americans have been wounded.

The Marines just issued an involuntary call up for the inactive reserve.... more troops are going INTO Iraq....

the place is dissolving into a civil war that WE set in motion.

we are no safer now than on 9/11.

Take the keys away from these idiotic neocons supported by this moron Dixie.

Immanuel
08-25-2006, 06:09 AM
It is a sad day for America. It is sad any day an American soldier bravely gives up his life for America and even more so in this war because of the circumstances behind the war.

But, a prediction is nothing more than a guess of something that will happen in the future. Sometimes it is an educated guess. I would say this time it was a foolish wish.

Dixie predicted on Dec 1, 2005 to me that less than 500 more soldiers would die in Iraq. He was wrong and I said at the time he said it that he was crazy. He still is crazy, but geez, a prediction is not a promise nor a guarantee.

Every year, Dr. Gray (I think that is his name), predicts the number of hurricanes and tropical storms that the Atlantic will have. Every year he revises his predictions in the middle of the year. Every year he is wrong. Yet, he is considered to be the authority on hurricanes or at least the prediction of such.

Dixie made a prediction. Dixie was wrong. So what?

Let's pray there won't be 500 more. Hell, let's pray there won't be 50 more.

But I do agree. Let's take the keys away from the moron that put us there.

Immie

maineman
08-25-2006, 06:34 AM
the point is: Dixie CONTINUES to paint a rosy scenario: everything is fine...things are getting better... the media never gives the good news...the insurgency will wither away now that Zarqawi is dead...the insurgency will wither away now that government is formed... blah blah blah ad infinitum.... and he and Rush and Hannity just keep it up and keep it up. I wish that all those fucking chickenhawks would be willing to spill THEIR blood for this senseless venture!

Damocles
08-25-2006, 06:36 AM
the point is: Dixie CONTINUES to paint a rosy scenario: everything is fine...things are getting better... the media never gives the good news...the insurgency will wither away now that Zarqawi is dead...the insurgency will wither away now that government is formed... blah blah blah ad infinitum.... and he and Rush and Hannity just keep it up and keep it up. I wish that all those fucking chickenhawks would be willing to spill THEIR blood for this senseless venture!
Do you listen to Rush? I have no idea what the guy says about this war, but the last time I heard him it wasn't "rosy"... That, admittedly, was several months ago and only for about 10 minutes...

maineman
08-25-2006, 06:40 AM
I listen to Rush about once a week when I am driving to one of our far flung facilities...and I listen to Hannity every night on the way home because at that time of the day, my blood pressure isn't QUITE high enough.

And I "listen" to Dixie's flatulent rants for much the same reason! ;)

Damocles
08-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I listen to Rush about once a week when I am driving to one of our far flung facilities...and I listen to Hannity every night on the way home because at that time of the day, my blood pressure isn't QUITE high enough.

And I "listen" to Dixie's flatulent rants for much the same reason! ;)
Cool. Just looking for a reference...

Immanuel
08-25-2006, 07:21 AM

We are all guilty of wishful thinking at times.

I wish I would win the lottery.

Immie

Jarod
08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
We are all guilty of wishful thinking at times.

I wish I would win the lottery.

Immie

The difference is that you dont go around claiming you did... or spending all your money today b/c you are sure you will win tomorrow!

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-25-2006, 04:21 PM
The difference is that you dont go around claiming you did... or spending all your money today b/c you are sure you will win tomorrow!

Like Democrats?

Cypress
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
A sad day for America.... an embarrassing day for Dixie...

we're at 506 since 12/1/05 when Dixie predicted we wouldn't lose 500 more Americans.

we're at 2618 dead since we senseless invaded Iraq

19323 brave Americans have been wounded.

The Marines just issued an involuntary call up for the inactive reserve.... more troops are going INTO Iraq....

the place is dissolving into a civil war that WE set in motion.

we are no safer now than on 9/11.

Take the keys away from these idiotic neocons supported by this moron Dixie.

When had Dixie EVER been right about Iraq. I cringe when he makes rosy predictions, because its like bad karma- usually, the exact opposite will happen.

maineman
09-08-2006, 06:20 AM
August was a bloody month for Americans and Iraqis alike.... 552 Americans have now died since Dixie made his confident prediction that we would not lose 500 more troops. Iraqis are killing Iraqis at a rapidly increasing rate...

one would think that at some point in time, rational people would admit that they fucked up and that this war in Iraq was not the great idea that they thought it would be.

one would think that the rise of Hezbollah, the increasing power of Iran in the region, the diminished stature of America around the world, the ability of north korea to slap us across the face with impunity on our national birthday, the resurgence of the taliban in afghanistan, and Osama's undisturbed presence in the hills of pakistan would all serve to give us reason to rethink this whole iraq adventure and perhaps come to the conclusion that we had made a big mess.

Cypress
09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
August was a bloody month for Americans and Iraqis alike.... 552 Americans have now died since Dixie made his confident prediction that we would not lose 500 more troops. Iraqis are killing Iraqis at a rapidly increasing rate...

one would think that at some point in time, rational people would admit that they fucked up and that this war in Iraq was not the great idea that they thought it would be.

one would think that the rise of Hezbollah, the increasing power of Iran in the region, the diminished stature of America around the world, the ability of north korea to slap us across the face with impunity on our national birthday, the resurgence of the taliban in afghanistan, and Osama's undisturbed presence in the hills of pakistan would all serve to give us reason to rethink this whole iraq adventure and perhaps come to the conclusion that we had made a big mess.

Dixie will go to his grave thinking his iraq war was a brilliant move, by a brilliant president.

maineman
09-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Dixie will go to his grave thinking his iraq war was a brilliant move, by a brilliant president.

one can only hope that happens sooner than later.... hopefully at the hands of an irate Iraqi. ;)

TRGLDTE
09-08-2006, 08:24 AM
August was a bloody month for Americans and Iraqis alike.... 552 Americans have now died since Dixie made his confident prediction that we would not lose 500 more troops. I am going to start calling you "George" now, as in George Orwell. Doubt = confidence only in MaineSpeak.

maineman
09-08-2006, 08:49 AM
are you suggesting that Dixie has expressed DOUBT as to the nature of our endeavor in Iraq? He has done nothing BUT give one overly optimistic and confident prediction after another since day one. And he has called me - and those that think similarly to me - traitors and cowards for even suggesting that 1.)iraqis wouldn't welcome us as liberators 2)iraqis DIDN'T welcome us as liberators 3.)WMD's might not be found 4.)there were no WMD's 5.) the insugency was NOT in its final throes 6.)the shiite clerics who wrote the constitution would make it the foundation of a theocracy 7.) that american soldiers who broke into Iraqi homes in the dead of night might frighten women and children awakened in such a manner 8.)that this experiment in cramming supposedly western style democracy down the throats of Iraqis at the point of a gun was doing anything other that going exactly as we had hoped it would....and on and on and on.... he has been the paragon of confidence in the virtuous nature of the Iraq war since before we invaded.

TRGLDTE
09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
are you suggesting that Dixie has expressed DOUBT as to the nature of our endeavor in Iraq? He has done nothing BUT give one overly optimistic and confident prediction after another since day one. And he has called me - and those that think similarly to me - traitors and cowards for even suggesting that 1.)iraqis wouldn't welcome us as liberators 2)iraqis DIDN'T welcome us as liberators 3.)WMD's might not be found 4.)there were no WMD's 5.) the insugency was NOT in its final throes 6.)the shiite clerics who wrote the constitution would make it the foundation of a theocracy 7.) that american soldiers who broke into Iraqi homes in the dead of night might frighten women and children awakened in such a manner 8.)that this experiment in cramming supposedly western style democracy down the throats of Iraqis at the point of a gun was doing anything other that going exactly as we had hoped it would....and on and on and on.... he has been the paragon of confidence in the virtuous nature of the Iraq war since before we invaded.

Not at all, you misread. I am limiting this to the specific fabrication that you have made regarding Dixie's (so called) prediction.

Dixie: "I doubt we will see significantly more than 2500 caualties."
You: "Dixie confidently predicts that we won't have more that 500 more casualties."

"Doubting result A" does not equal "a confident prediction of anti-A."

maineman
09-08-2006, 11:06 AM
and I certainly used more than that one quote in formulating my characterization of his level of "confidence"

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't remember the significantly word in Dixies origional quote.

TRGLDTE
09-08-2006, 11:09 AM
As have I. I've never seen him say what you claim (with regard to a confident prediction).

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
As I recall , and it was on my footer for a while on the other board. it was.
I doubt if we will have another 500 deaths in Iraq. It was about 2000 at that time.

Cypress
09-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Dixie, December 1, 2005: "We lost 2,500 men in the Tet Offensive, and unless something major bad happens, I doubt we lose another 500 men in Iraq."

http://fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=10396#pid248819

TRGLDTE
09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Dixie, December 1, 2005: "We lost 2,500 men in the Tet Offensive, and unless something major bad happens, I doubt we lose another 500 men in Iraq."

http://fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=10396#pid248819 Again, doubting a particular result is not a confident prediction of the opposite.

Cypress
09-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm wondering if Dixie will ever address this prediction he made:

1) DIXIE, June 16, 2006: "dayum... this news hit pinheads so hard, even the fringe moderate pinheads were devistated! (Zarqawi’s death) spells the end for al Qaeda in Iraq! There have been dozens of captures and arrests made since the discovery of the documents, we frikin hit the mother-load on information, and the "insurgency" is about to meet its demise! Another bad day for Pinheads!" ---- fullpolitics.com

2) Pentagon report, August 17, 2006 -- Iraq Insurgency Growing...1,666, roadside bombs went off in Iraq in July, the highest monthly total of the war. Seventy percent of those bombs were directed at U.S. troops. “The insurgency has more public support and is demonstrably more capable in numbers of people active and in its ability to direct violence than at any point in time,” said a senior Pentagon official.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/17/world/middleeast/17military.html?ex=1313467200&en=1f12bd7a2ce6c19e&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Again, doubting a particular result is not a confident prediction of the opposite.
True. That is the reason I have not picked on Dixie much about this. Well that and I grow weary of argueing with a rock.

Cypress
09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Again, doubting a particular result is not a confident prediction of the opposite.

"I doubt we'll lose 500 more men" is a prediction. The confidence level can be debated.

But, the prediction, at a minimum, indicates its more likely than not, that the US will have less than 500 more casualites in Dixie's War.

Dixie - In Memoriam
09-08-2006, 11:34 AM

There is also a subtle difference between an "opinion" and a "prediction" which is being completely glossed over. I never made any predictions, I merely expressed my opinion on the matter. I still don't believe we will see significantly more US fatalities in Iraq, simply because the impetus of protecting the country is shifting largely to the Iraqi security forces and away from US troops.

This whole frenzy started with a simple point I made about the Iraq war, in comparison to major US military battles. I originally stated in my commentary, that we have lost more soldiers in some BATTLES than we would lose in this entire WAR. That original point still stands poignantly, and has never been refuted or addressed. Instead, the liberal distillation process began to parse my words into a liberally defined "prediction" that was never made. It's par for the course for liberals who can't intelligently discuss the issues or points, and have to resort to twisting words and making shit up.

I said I wasn't going to respond to this thread, because I have already addressed this, and have no need to further communicate with the author about this, or anything else. However, I felt I needed to interject some clarification on what I actually said, and the context of this matter with regard to the original point made, which was never addressed. With that said, I respectfully decline to comment further on this. Thank You.

OrnotBitwise
09-08-2006, 11:36 AM
There is also a subtle difference between an "opinion" and a "prediction" which is being completely glossed over. I never made any predictions, I merely expressed my opinion on the matter. I still don't believe we will see significantly more US fatalities in Iraq, simply because the impetus of protecting the country is shifting largely to the Iraqi security forces and away from US troops.

This whole frenzy started with a simple point I made about the Iraq war, in comparison to major US military battles. I originally stated in my commentary, that we have lost more soldiers in some BATTLES than we would lose in this entire WAR. That original point still stands poignantly, and has never been refuted or addressed. Instead, the liberal distillation process began to parse my words into a liberally defined "prediction" that was never made. It's par for the course for liberals who can't intelligently discuss the issues or points, and have to resort to twisting words and making shit up.

I said I wasn't going to respond to this thread, because I have already addressed this, and have no need to further communicate with the author about this, or anything else. However, I felt I needed to interject some clarification on what I actually said, and the context of this matter with regard to the original point made, which was never addressed. With that said, I respectfully decline to comment further on this. Thank You.

"[T]he insurgency is about to meet its demise" is a prediction, Dix. There's no way around that one. :D

maineman
09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
and if the insurgency did fold like a tent when Zarqawi died, who the hell is doing all the killing now?

Prakosh
09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
"[T]he insurgency is about to meet its demise" is a prediction, Dix. There's no way around that one. :D

Not to someone with their head wrapped in a conferedate flag it isn't! :eek:

OrnotBitwise
09-08-2006, 11:45 AM
and if the insurgency did fold like a tent when Zarqawi died, who the hell is doing all the killing now?
Liberal activist judges and muslim abortion doctors!

Cypress
09-08-2006, 11:48 AM
And Dixie, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you address your previous predictions and/or assertions about the alleged Zaraqawi-Saddam link? Thanks.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/08/D8K0PE980.html

There's no evidence Saddam Hussein had a relationship with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his Al-Qaida associates, according to a Senate report on prewar intelligence on Iraq. Democrats said the report undercuts President Bush's justification for going to war.

The declassified document being released Friday by the Senate Intelligence Committee also explores the role that inaccurate information supplied by the anti-Saddam exile group the Iraqi National Congress had in the march to war.

It discloses for the first time an October 2005 CIA assessment that prior to the war Saddam's government "did not have a relationship, harbor, or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi and his associates."

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 11:54 AM
then there is the repeated last throes prediction....

maineman
09-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Liberal activist judges and muslim abortion doctors!

I just sprayed coffee all over my monitor.... thanks ;)

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Are abortions ok for muslim women as long as the keep their faces covered during the procedure ?

Damocles
09-08-2006, 12:12 PM
They can't even see a Male Doctor as he can't look at their stuff...

uscitizen
09-08-2006, 12:29 PM
A blind male Dr ?

maineman
09-24-2006, 12:24 PM
590 as of today....

the place is boiling over in sectarian violence that WE set into motion and now are caught in the middle of. Why in the fuck does ANYONE support the idea that we should remain there?

Cypress
09-24-2006, 12:55 PM
590 as of today....

the place is boiling over in sectarian violence that WE set into motion and now are caught in the middle of. Why in the fuck does ANYONE support the idea that we should remain there?

Good question. Dixie should be able to enlighten us.

Dixie?

For your convenience Dixie, I've put the findings of the U.S. Government (Duelfer Report, Bipartisan Senate Report, and new NIE) in outline form:

1) there were no WMD in iraq;
2) Saddam hated al qaeda;
3) Saddam was not cooperating at all with al qaeda;
4) Saddam was not harboring Zarqawi;
5) in fact Saddam was trying to find and arrest Zarqawi;
6) torture and murder is as bad (or worse) in Iraq now than under Saddam;
7) the new National Intelligence Estimate (the most authorative document put out by the U.S. Intelligence Community), says that Bush's Iraq war has made the threat of terrorism worse.

Dixie, Please present your dissertation on why the iraq war was a good idea.

READY....SET....GO!

maineman
10-06-2006, 08:11 AM
October is shaping up to be an extraordinarily bloody month for American servicemen.....

only six days into the month and we've already lost 23 brave young Americans. We've blown by Dixie's prediction of 500 by 125 and will be somewhere near 725-750 by the end of this month if the carnage continues at its present rate.

When will the neocons admit that this dream of establishing a vibrant multicultural democracy in the heart of the middle east shining like a beacon of freedom and serving as an example that the rest of the Islamic world would jump to emulate was fucking INSANE?????

When will they admit that, as bad as Saddam was, he WAS, as Colin Powell said, NOT a threat to the United States and he had been doing a great job keeping the lid on sectarian violence and Iranian hegemony?

When will they admit that we would be better off today - with 2737 more members of our armed forces, with a half a trillion dollars more in our treasury - with the post 9/11 good will of the world - if we had concentrated on finding and eliminating the guys who attacked us and left Saddam right where he was?

maineman
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15176088/

"The number of U.S. troops wounded in Iraq has surged to its highest level in nearly two years as American GIs fight block-by-block in Baghdad to try to check a spiral of sectarian violence that U.S. commanders warn could lead to civil war.

Last month, 776 U.S. troops were wounded in action in Iraq, the highest number since the military assault to retake the insurgent-held city of Fallujah in November 2004, according to Defense Department data. It was the fourth-highest monthly total since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003."

when will Dixie ever admit that the war in Iraq has been a terrible mistake????

maineman
10-18-2006, 08:04 AM
October is turning out to be the second bloodiest month in the war.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/17/iraq.reality.check.1/index.html

When will Dixie EVER admit that this has been a terrible mistake?

maineman
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
July: 43
August: 65
September: 71
October: 86

We're on track to lose 120 for the month by the time Halloween arrives.

we have already lost 187 MORE than Dixie predicted we'd lose in total with NO END IN SIGHT.

When will Dixie EVER admit that this was a terrible mistake?

Cypress
10-23-2006, 09:53 AM
July: 43
August: 65
September: 71
October: 86

We're on track to lose 120 for the month by the time Halloween arrives.

we have already lost 187 MORE than Dixie predicted we'd lose in total with NO END IN SIGHT.

When will Dixie EVER admit that this was a terrible mistake?

Yes:

-Dixie, October 20: "There is no way to turn back the hands of time, and not go into Iraq, if we could do that, and voting for Democrats would make that happen, I would probably vote Democrat!

maineman
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
are you suggesting that the quote listed is as close as Dixie will ever come to admitting the terrible error of invading Iraq?

sad.

Prakosh
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Yet in another post he calls the Iraq war 'the single greatest military accomplishment of our generation!" I guess he is still quite confused about the war. He appears to be a bit of a will o' the wisp when it comes to Iraq, blowing first one way then another.

Must be the meth, HUH Dixie?

maineman
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
exactly....he is saying that if it were possible to avoiding having accomplished the greatest military accomplishment of our generation, he would switch parties and vote democratic in order to avoid it. Now THAT makes a shitload of sense!

Cypress
10-27-2006, 08:36 AM
-DIXIE, August 10, on Iraq: "… how utterly desperate the anti-war crowd is. Still trying to lie and mislead people with propaganda like this, and still chanting to "bring them home" when it's clear, they are coming home soon, the job is almost complete! Our forces will come back home when the job is finished, and not because you pinheads 'spirited' them back with your war protests."

Cypress
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
-DICK CHENEY, May 2005: "The insurgency is in it's final throes".

-DIXIE, March 22 2006: "I think the VP was right, they have been in the final throes, and we are in the process of finishing them off." (fullpolitics.com)

Cypress
10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
DIXIE, 14 Dec. 2005: “Iraqi people will go to the polls tomorrow, under the threat of death from radical terrorists who want to stop them…..Iraq will become the first and only Constitutional Democracy in the heart of radical Islam, and it is a monumental and historic event in world history!. …DEMOCRACY! Voting in FREE elections! FAIRLY! (Jihaddists) are opposed to it because it will deal a death blow to radical fundamentalist insanity! Those of you who have postured yourselves on the side of these fanatics better move out of the way, because the freight train of freedom is due tomorrow, and she's not slowing down boys!” (fullpolitics.com)

Cypress
10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
1) DIXIE: June 2005: “WAY back... when Pinheads were arguing that WMD's weren't a good enough reason to go to war in Iraq, I made a very detailed post on Politics.com Opinion board, where I listed 22 connections between Saddam and alQaeda. People mostly laughed at me and called me names... questioned my credibility, and never even noticed that I had posted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's name for the first time on the board. When he was wounded from fighting us in Afghanistan, he left there and went to Iraq. He was treated at a hospital operated by one of Saddam's sons, and this was not Zarqawi's first visit to Iraq, nor his last….So, alQaeda was inside of Iraq, and fully operational before we went into Iraq.”

2) United States Senate Bipartisan Iraq Intelligence Investigation - Phase 2

Released September 8 2006

-Conclusion: "Postwar findings indicate Zarqawi was in Bagdad from May 2002 until late November 2003. Postwar assessment indicates that Saddam Hussein attempted, unsuccessfuly to locate and capture Zarqawi and that the regime DID NOT have a relationship, harbor, or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi. "

-Conclusion 1: "Postwar finding indicate that the CIA assessment that the relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda resembled "two independent actors trying to exploit each other," accurately characterized bin Ladin's actions, but not those of Saddam Hussein. Postwar finding indicate that [b]Saddam Hussein was distrustful of Al Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from Al Qaeda to provide material or operations support.

maineman
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
you don't expect Dixie to admit that he was wrong about Saddam and Al Qaeda, do you?

that patehtic fuck has never once admitted he was wrong about ANYTHING.....except when he was caught in a profoundly racist statement earlier in the week, he knew he needed to back quickly away from his assertion that nobody in America thought that the black man was equal to the white man at the time of the civil war...and he even used a quote from Sojourner Truth to PROVE that she did not consider herself to be equal.....

other than that self serving retraction (which was only done to hide his own racism), Dixie has NEVER admitted any errors or made any apologies.

Don't hold your breath!

Cypress
10-29-2006, 06:24 PM
you don't expect Dixie to admit that he was wrong about Saddam and Al Qaeda, do you?

that patehtic fuck has never once admitted he was wrong about ANYTHING.....except when he was caught in a profoundly racist statement earlier in the week, he knew he needed to back quickly away from his assertion that nobody in America thought that the black man was equal to the white man at the time of the civil war...and he even used a quote from Sojourner Truth to PROVE that she did not consider herself to be equal.....

other than that self serving retraction (which was only done to hide his own racism), Dixie has NEVER admitted any errors or made any apologies.

Don't hold your breath!

Good lord, no!

United States Senate Bipartisan Iraq Intelligence Investigation - Phase 2

-Conclusion: "Postwar findings indicate Zarqawi was in Bagdad from May 2002 until late November 2003. Postwar assessment indicates that Saddam Hussein attempted, unsuccessfuly to locate and capture Zarqawi and that the regime DID NOT have a relationship, harbor, or turn a blind eye toward Zarqawi. "

maineman
10-30-2006, 07:19 AM
100 dead Americans this month.

When will the "final throes" ever be "finally" over with?

When will we ever admit that attempting to establish a vibrant multicultural democracy in Iraq by invading conquering and occupying that country and cramming our style of democracy down their throats at gunpoint was a stupid idea?

When will Dixie ever admit he has been wrong about Iraq from day one?

Prakosh
10-30-2006, 11:02 AM

When will we ever admit that attempting to establish a vibrant multicultural democracy in Iraq by invading conquering and occupying that country and cramming our style of democracy down their throats at gunpoint was a stupid idea?

Perhaps not surprisingly, I think the answer to both questions is the same, probably not in Dixie's lifetime. As long as we remain in Iraq we will be subject to the level of voilence and resistence represented by Cheney's "last throes" of the insurgency, and as long as Dixie will not admit he was wrong as long as he lives.

Cypress
10-30-2006, 01:16 PM

In all likelyhood, forty years from now, Dixie will be sitting in his rocking chair in his retirement home, muttering under his breath over and over that "Bush was right.....Bush was right....Bush was right....we found WMD..."

United States Senate Bipartisan Iraq Intelligence Investigation - Phase 2

Cypress
11-02-2006, 06:24 PM
DIXIE, November 30 2005:

“In the past two months, we have killed more than 700 "insurgents" and captured more than 1,500……to cut and run now, on the brink of this monumental victory and achievment, is just plain stupid.” (fullpolitics.com)

ManU1959
11-02-2006, 11:11 PM

fair enough....what is your plan?

maineman
11-03-2006, 07:22 AM
that is really quite a funny question.... Bush drives the car off the cliff..we are in free fall headed for the rocks below, and you say, "fair enough...what is your plan?" The very first part of any plan has to be an admission that we are, in fact, in free fall after being driven over the cliff by an idiot at the wheel...and that the landing will, inevitably, be painful and extreme....and the very next part of any plan has got to be a commitment to take the keys away from the idiots that did this and make them get in the back seat for a while until they can prove to America that they deserve another chance. The third part of any plan has got to be an immediate determination as to what we can do differently and NOW to lessen the impending impact. The fourth part of the plan has got to be a reassessment of the entire boneheaded approach to islamic extremism that resulted in us going over the cliff in the first place.

I would suggest that for part three, we give the Iraqi government six months to get their act together and then pull the vast majority of our forces out of the battle space... if that means we pull them out to bases in Saudi Arabia, or Jordan, so be it....

I would also suggest that part three contain a reallocation of assets to vigorously ramp up our border and port of entry defenses as well as vigorously increase our intelligence gathering efforts including a massive recruitment effort to bring native arabic speakers into our intelligence communites...we will be unable to defeat AQ from the outside...we need to have ears on the inside.

Part four should look closely at the underlying causes - the socio-economic inequities - that create the attraction for wahabbism. If we do not somehow change the calculus in the region...if we cannot find ways to aggressively promote and demand democratic reforms in Petro-land, then we will be unable to provide any young muslim with an alternative to hating the west and hating the secular gangs of thugs and royals that control the riches of the region.

That's just stuff off the top of my head...because your question, as explained above, caught me a bit off guard..... why don't you honestly critique it?

maineman
11-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I guess that IS asking a bit too much.

maineman
12-19-2006, 08:10 AM
838 dead GI's since Dixie predicted we'd be out of Iraq before losing 500 more Americans

uscitizen
12-19-2006, 08:15 AM
And where is that total victory thing ?

maineman
01-22-2007, 08:13 AM
946 dead GI's since Dixie predicted we'd be out of Iraq before losing 500 more Americans....and no end in sight.

Jarod
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
946 dead GI's since Dixie predicted we'd be out of Iraq before losing 500 more Americans....and no end in sight.

That is a very sad fact.

uscitizen
01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Too bad Dixie does not recommend stocks to buy so I coud sell them before my butt gets bitten.

maineman
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
1003 dead Americans since Dixie predicted we'd be out before losing another 500. The deadliest four month span in the entire war... how many more brave yong American men have to die before Dixie and his koolaid drinking buddies admit this war was a terrible mistake?

uscitizen
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
And lets just add up the ones wounded by hostile fire and not the ones injured while in Iraq, but not by enemy fire.
Keep those figures down, keep the malarky flowing, some people actually believe it. ie Dixie.