PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day - Another great year of recruiting

Cancel3
02-05-2009, 05:17 AM
This year the top three college recruiting classes are ones we have fans for on these forums.

#1 - Ohio State - Mottley's team
#2 - Alabama - My own team
#3 - LSU - Topper's team

Can't wait until September to see the difference they make.

Topspin
02-05-2009, 05:58 AM
yeah we got Ruben Randal, and Russell Shepard
Top ath/qb and top reciever just what we needed
and 2 top 7 DT's, and a top 5lb. You guys did great too

SEC got 1/3 of the top 50

Cancel3
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
We got three 5 Star recruits, and more top ones.

Two potentially great running backs, a pair of standout Linebackers and more star defensive players.

Oughta be a good year.

cawacko
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
We got three 5 Star recruits, and more top ones.

Two potentially great running backs, a pair of standout Linebackers and more star defensive players.

Oughta be a good year.

USC still got the most top 100 players. Actually I'm heading down to campus now for a recruiting dinner. It's pretty cool. Each of the coaches get up and talk about the kids they were responsible for recruiting and show the kids highlights. They usually have good stories though about different things like what they had to eat a recruits house and many other crazy things come across on the recruiting trail.

Cancel3
02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
USC still got the most top 100 players. Actually I'm heading down to campus now for a recruiting dinner. It's pretty cool. Each of the coaches get up and talk about the kids they were responsible for recruiting and show the kids highlights. They usually have good stories though about different things like what they had to eat a recruits house and many other crazy things come across on the recruiting trail.

Sounds like a cool event.

USC lost some top recruits at the last minute. One to USC in the SEC.

cawacko
02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a cool event.

USC lost some top recruits at the last minute. One to USC in the SEC.

Just got back, yeah it was a lot of fun. We did lose that wide receiver to South Carolina who had verbaled to us. We did pick up a kid from Miami, a kid from Lincoln High right in the heart of FSU territory and a kid from Georgia so we were definitely excited about that. It was real fun to watch all the highlights though. And Ken Norton Jr. got up, he is a trash talker extrodinaire, and he had the crowd in stiches.

Mott the Hoople
02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
This year the top three college recruiting classes are ones we have fans for on these forums.

#1 - Ohio State - Mottley's team
#2 - Alabama - My own team
#3 - LSU - Topper's team

Can't wait until September to see the difference they make.

You have to admit....though there probably outstanding recruiting classes....won't it be 3 or 4 years from now before we can really tell how good they were?

This is kind of like those morons who rate the NFL teams draft picks. There almost always wrong on who had a great draft and who didn't.

Cancel3
02-16-2009, 04:11 AM
You have to admit....though there probably outstanding recruiting classes....won't it be 3 or 4 years from now before we can really tell how good they were?

This is kind of like those morons who rate the NFL teams draft picks. There almost always wrong on who had a great draft and who didn't.

Yeah, these "experts" seem to miss someone great or overrate someone all too often.

Is that the misjudging on their part or is it that the athlete fails to get better?

Topspin
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I tell you what, In my book freshman are making a bigger impact than ever.
Our QB last year, Bama's linebacker the year before and Julio this year.
Crabtree
the scouts get better every year. But you see film of these kids and it's like men playing with boys. Stepping up the the SEC they are all men.

Cancel3
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I tell you what, In my book freshman are making a bigger impact than ever.
Our QB last year, Bama's linebacker the year before and Julio this year.
Crabtree
the scouts get better every year. But you see film of these kids and it's like men playing with boys. Stepping up the the SEC they are all men.

This year's class will be no exception. I expect to see several of the top recruits playing right away.

Gonna be an excellent year. Our D line is going to kill.

Topspin
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I do think you guy's will be smarting from the Utah raping.
Which doesn't bode well for us, but nobody's beating Florida from the SEC next year.

Cancel3
03-05-2009, 04:50 AM
I do think you guy's will be smarting from the Utah raping.
Which doesn't bode well for us, but nobody's beating Florida from the SEC next year.

Yep, and VaTech is gonna be hurting from our first game. Laste year was our breakout. Now the Tide has to prove they are back for good.

FL is gonna be the team in the SEC again. But its a long season.

Topspin
03-05-2009, 05:59 AM
You'll have a great year, now Saban has his players and regardless of early stumbles the golry will be back. How's the replacing John Parker going?

Cancel3
03-05-2009, 07:03 AM
You'll have a great year, now Saban has his players and regardless of early stumbles the golry will be back. How's the replacing John Parker going?

McElroy is the only one we have that took any snaps last year. But Star Jackson was a big name recruit last year and new recruit A.J. McCarron was the #7 pro-style QB (according to Rivals).

In otherwords, no experience but lots of potential.

Topspin
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
off topic LSU baseball is off to a great start

Cancel3
03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
On topic, the UA is facing another sanction from the NCAA concerning the textbook shit from 2005 - 2007. We self reported and suspended the players as soon as it was discovered. But the NCAA is gonna gig us for Failure to Monitor student athlete's textbook access. Probably 3 scholarships and possibly a year of probation.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 06:46 AM
that's ridiculously harsh for textbooks
how about zero scholarships and cut a weeks out of spring practice, the NCAA is a bunch of NAZI power control freaks, very similar to republicans.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 07:03 AM
that's ridiculously harsh for textbooks
how about zero scholarships and cut a weeks out of spring practice, the NCAA is a bunch of NAZI power control freaks, very similar to republicans.

The NCAA is ridiculous. You're right, of course. It is way too harsh.

And the athletes that were involved are almost all gone, but it did spread throughout the athletic department. Apparently quite a few track people were involved. No faculty or staff, just students.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 07:21 AM
books, were talking BOOKS
When more than half don't graduate the NCAA is attacking student athletes for studying on the cheap. Yeah, that's a great use of resources.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 07:33 AM
books, were talking BOOKS
When more than half don't graduate the NCAA is attacking student athletes for studying on the cheap. Yeah, that's a great use of resources.

What they did was get textbooks for classes they weren't taking. Then either sold them or gave them to friends.

We are lucky the Univ of Alabama survived such a dastardly plot.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok that's more like theft, we're they initially Fla recruits.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Funny you should mention FL.

FL State got nailed by the NCAA today with a bunch of violations. It includes several sports with football being the one everyone notices.

The man the UA hired to replace Mal Moore as AD was on the Athletic Dept staff at FL State during all that they are getting nailed for.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
LSU used to be second to Okl in violations pre Saban. Not only did he wipe that out. He got millions for facilities and tudoring etc.

this is a blip, Saban will fix it.
Saban is a football God, Tim Tebow is God
Now if Nick could just Blitz him coming off the bus and get a win. Then there'd be one God.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
LSU used to be second to Okl in violations pre Saban. Not only did he wipe that out. He got millions for facilities and tudoring etc.

this is a blip, Saban will fix it.
Saban is a football God, Tim Tebow is God
Now if Nick could just Blitz him coming off the bus and get a win. Then there'd be one God.

If we get back to the SEC Championship, we can take FL this year. Better D line and more to throw at them. (this is called "Hoping")

Actually, I don't think FL will lose any this year.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Shit I forgot you guys don't play them in the reg season. Fuck we play them every year and you get those pussies in Tenn. WTF!!!

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Shit I forgot you guys don't play them in the reg season. Fuck we play them every year and you get those pussies in Tenn. WTF!!!

Yeah, I'll take them over FL every time. Especially with the new TN coach talking so much trash. Gonna be fun to spank them.

LSU got quite a haul in recruiting this year. Some are saying it may be the best class of the recruiting season, despite what Rivals and such say.

The SEC is gonna kick ass again.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I forgot the number but the SEC got like 70% of the top 150.

Our class was rated 1 by some. My fear is Russell Shepard was the no1 player but we don't need a QB. If he's willing to be a percy harvin type and run a little wild cat he could help this year. Getting a top wide out similar to Julio is going to help much more. I'm more worried about our D than most LSU fans.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I forgot the number but the SEC got like 70% of the top 150.

Our class was rated 1 by some. My fear is Russell Shepard was the no1 player but we don't need a QB. If he's willing to be a percy harvin type and run a little wild cat he could help this year. Getting a top wide out similar to Julio is going to help much more. I'm more worried about our D than most LSU fans.

Having too many QBs sounds like a problem until you have a season where your only decent one goes down to an injury.

We have one that might be good, one top rated HS QB that was redshirted, and a top HS QB that may or may not get redshirted.

I always worry more about defense than anything. A great defense can take you farther than a great offense. Especially in the SEC.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM
your right
Our QB looked great against Georgia Tech
But we lost a LB or two from a weak core and a couple D linemen will go in the draft.
We'll be real good at CB, DL though safety and LB will be inexperienced.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 04:50 PM
your right
Our QB looked great against Georgia Tech
But we lost a LB or two from a weak core and a couple D linemen will go in the draft.
We'll be real good at CB, DL though safety and LB will be inexperienced.

LB is a critical slot, but a good safety can help cover that.

Topspin
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I have been super impressed with you MLB for the two years he's been their. He's a beast and way better than anything we have.

Cancel3
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I have been super impressed with you MLB for the two years he's been their. He's a beast and way better than anything we have.

Dont'a Hightower is gonna be one of the best we have ever had. And he is only a sophmore.

Chapdog
03-10-2009, 09:14 AM
These giant colleges need to be split up. Its not fair to New England where we only have small schools. Not fair business practice.

Cancel3
03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
These giant colleges need to be split up. Its not fair to New England where we only have small schools. Not fair business practice.

Yes but New England schools are powerhouses in spelling bees.

usshitizen
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
oh there is some basketball thing going on in march? I wouldn't notice... i don't pay attention to icky sports, I have better things to do

Topspin
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
like waste your time and ours doing hundreds of post about sports saying you don't care about sports. WOW

usshitizen
03-17-2009, 01:04 PM
you watch as much sports as you want... I will have my girlfriends to talk to and be having a much better time :clink:

Cancel3
03-17-2009, 01:09 PM
you watch as much sports as you want... I will have my girlfriends to talk to and be having a much better time :clink:

Just a Girls Night Out for you?

Mott the Hoople
03-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Why do you think Horace Greeley said "Go west young man"?

Minister of Truth
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Why do you think Horace Greeley said "Go west young man"?

So he could be quoted?

DigitalDave
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM

LMAO...