PDA

View Full Version : Go Steelers

Mott the Hoople
02-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Go STEELERS! Now that's how men play the game!

Topspin
02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Ben Freaking Rothlesburger

Onceler
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Go STEELERS! Now that's how men play the game!

By paying off the refs?

Topspin
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Officiating was pittiful,
But that said you can't take it away from the Steelers.
Cards had every chance to play D on the last drive and they folded.

Onceler
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Officiating was pittiful,
But that said you can't take it away from the Steelers.
Cards had every chance to play D on the last drive and they folded.

All true. I'd be ticked if the Steelers won on some sort of fluke, but that last drive was pretty masterful. They earned it there.

Still, they should never get that officiating crew for a big game again.

Minister of Truth
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I was dumbfounded by the "fumbling call" on Warner. Luckily it got reviewed and overturned. Easily the worst call I've ever seen. I wasn't convinced that the last TD was in bounds, but they had the special cameras and stuff, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Cancel10
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
The Steelers won fair and square (very much unlike '06).

That said I am disappointed the Cardinals didn't win. Going into the game I expected them to lose, until the 4th quarter when they took the lead. With only 2 minutes remaining, I was certain they had it in the bag.

Oh well. It was a great game anyhow!

Mott the Hoople
02-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Ben Freaking Rothlesburger

Can you believe his high school coach sat him on the bench to play his son? I wonder if he's still the head coach at Findlay?

Mott the Hoople
02-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Oh yea....and who was the MVP.....Santanio Homes? Correct me if I'm wrong....but wasn't he from The Ohio State University?

Gee let's see in the last 10 years how many southern teams have won the Super Bowl...gee let's see....that's 1, northern teams hmmm 9!

Now if I understand many of the southern members of this board. The South is better at football then the North because their amateurs play pretty good in their back yards against other amateurs, right? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Mott the Hoople
02-03-2009, 08:24 AM
You could say that in the last 15 years the south has won 2 super bowls but that brings up the question. Is Dallas a southern team or a western team? Even if you count them as a southern team then the south has won 2 of the last 15 Super Bowls.

See what happens to southern teams when they have to pay men.....away from their home stadiums!

Maybe the NFL should even up the competition by passing a rule that southern teams have to play all their games at home or at least they shouldn't have to play north of the mason dixon line and west of the Mississippi and that when a southern team does actually make it to the super bowl, then the SB will have to be played in either Miami or New Orleans. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cancel3
02-03-2009, 05:11 PM
You could say that in the last 15 years the south has won 2 super bowls but that brings up the question. Is Dallas a southern team or a western team? Even if you count them as a southern team then the south has won 2 of the last 15 Super Bowls.

See what happens to southern teams when they have to pay men.....away from their home stadiums!

Maybe the NFL should even up the competition by passing a rule that southern teams have to play all their games at home or at least they shouldn't have to play north of the mason dixon line and west of the Mississippi and that when a southern team does actually make it to the super bowl, then the SB will have to be played in either Miami or New Orleans. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Its laughable that you talk about where the teams are, as opposed to where the players came from.

A quick count of the 83 players that Pittsburg has on their roster shows 13% are from SEC schools.

Now, there are 11 conferences plus the independent schools. So 13% isn't out of whack.

If you look at colleges in the south, you get 30 players on the roster for Pittsburg (36%)

Tell us again how the cold is worse to play in than the heat? Because I cannot recall any news stories about football players dying because of the cold.

Minister of Truth
02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
The Steelers won fair and square (very much unlike '06).

That said I am disappointed the Cardinals didn't win. Going into the game I expected them to lose, until the 4th quarter when they took the lead. With only 2 minutes remaining, I was certain they had it in the bag.

Oh well. It was a great game anyhow!

I have to hand it to Roethlesberger. His ability to take hits and repeated not go down saved the Steelers, and allowed him to make passes that prevented them from being stuck downfield - especially late in the game. If he would have been tackled on the last drive, at the 2 yrd. line, they would have been screwed.