PDA

View Full Version : Live Topic

Damocles
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Okay, new option that is currently working.

You can see "Live Topic" next to some of the threads.

When a thread is a "Live Topic" you can use the quick reply function and the thread will self-update so you don't have to constantly refresh the page to get new posts. If you want to quote a post, click the quick response at the bottom of the post and put in the checkmark for quoting.

Live topic will not work with the video embedding mod I had working so I have made it so that Whatever goes is the only forum you can use the video embedding. This means that Whatever Goes is the only forum that Live Topic will not work on.

Videos will no longer embed in any forum except the Whatever Goes area.

Damocles
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
For the time being I have added the [ youtube ] BB code to embed some videos onto the other fora.

Damocles
01-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Has anybody made use of this feature yet? I've tested it up and it is pretty cool.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
No I don't understand it. I'm very low-tech. Let me when everyone is using it, and then I'll find a tutor.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Also, did you notice that I have become visible? I have no idea how that happened.

Damocles
01-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Somebody unchecked the invisible box on your options.

:dunno:

I've fixed it.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Somebody unchecked the invisible box on your options.

:dunno:

I've fixed it.

Somebody did? You know, if I were prone to paranoia...lol. I must have done it when I was trying to change my email address. Thanks.

Damocles
01-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Somebody did? You know, if I were prone to paranoia...lol. I must have done it when I was trying to change my email address. Thanks.
Not a problem. I wish it was always that easy to fix things.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
It's so quiet here today, what happened?

Damocles
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know. I've noticed.

Extra busy yesterday, silence today. I always wonder if something big is happening that I am missing.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't know. I've noticed.

Extra busy yesterday, silence today. I always wonder if something big is happening that I am missing.

Yeah me too. It was packed in here yesterday. I always wonder if it's something I said. My bf always says that I think everything is about me, and I guess it's really true. It will probably be busy next week for the inauguration. I'm leaving Saturday morning for that. You had to stay 3 nights in order to get a room at all. I'm excited. It's going to be very cold though.

Damocles
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah me too. It was packed in here yesterday. I always wonder if it's something I said. My bf always says that I think everything is about me, and I guess it's really true. It will probably be busy next week for the inauguration. I'm leaving Saturday morning for that. You had to stay 3 nights in order to get a room at all. I'm excited. It's going to be very cold though.
Coolness.

I've been to three swearing in ceremonies this year for people I helped to get elected.

It's kinda cool.

I've also been appointed as the liaison for our State Rep's office to our County seat. I get to work in the Capital and keep active politically in my area. Later one promises to help with my own fundraising efforts if I run.

Cancel7
01-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Coolness.

I've been to three swearing in ceremonies this year for people I helped to get elected.

It's kinda cool.

I've also been appointed as the liaison for our State Rep's office to our County seat. I get to work in the Capital and keep active politically in my area. Later one promises to help with my own fundraising efforts if I run.

Oh that's great Damo.

Topspin
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I like the new pasting you tube
I am technobabalist challanged to say the least

Damocles
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Since nobody seems to use this feature, I am turning it off and reinstating the automatic video links.