PDA

View Full Version : The upgrade is nearly complete...

Damocles
01-10-2009, 03:01 AM
I am reverting some templates, fixing functionality so that our regular options will still work...

We'll have this running like normally, hopefully quickly.

Until I put out that I have completed this process, do not be alarmed by some small functionality issues. However, if I have put out that I have completed this process and you still see functionality issues, bring them to my attention...

Thank you,

JPP Admin

charver
01-10-2009, 04:03 AM
It all looks the same as before so well done on that, Damo.

(unless it was supposed to look different, in which case i shall point at you and call you a communist)

Damocles
01-10-2009, 04:11 AM
It's getting there, I had to fight with the navbar, and now I'm starting on other templates...

*sigh*

There is some added functionality, but not enough to really make it worth all this...

charver
01-10-2009, 04:24 AM
It's getting there, I had to fight with the navbar, and now I'm starting on other templates...

*sigh*

There is some added functionality, but not enough to really make it worth all this...

Yeah, i took some pills that promised added functionality once...the first hour or so was worth it, the next twenty two considerably less so.

Keep going though for although nobody will notice any difference you will have the compensatory satisfaction of a job well done :D

Damocles
01-10-2009, 05:30 AM
It is finished now....

Damocles
01-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Here is a list of some of the added functionality:

* Social group discussions
* Social group categories
* Private message sorting and filtering
* Private message history
* Quick edit for newer types of content (visitor messages and picture comments)
* Social group icons
* Social group transfers
* Private message quick reply
* Private message throttling (limit messages sent over a time period)
* Private message reporting
* Profile privacy (limit blocks to a subset of users)
* Lightbox navigation
* Thread prefix permissions
* Dismissible notices

Of course, some of them are for the staff, but most of those are enhanced social groups and PM features.

evince
01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Thanks

charver
01-10-2009, 08:51 AM
The only thing i can see that might not ought to be there is this

" method="post" name="threadadminform">

just above "Thread Tools"

Then again only a complete tool would point that out, so just ignore everything i've just said.

Damocles
01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
The only thing i can see that might not ought to be there is this

" method="post" name="threadadminform">

just above "Thread Tools"

Then again only a complete tool would point that out, so just ignore everything i've just said.
Does anybody else see this?

Annie
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM

No, I don't. BTW, thanks for spending all that time. Did you win the powerball? :cof1:

charver
01-10-2009, 12:32 PM

It's only bloody well gone and disappeared now.

It was there, i swear.

I have not been drinking, honest.

Damocles
01-10-2009, 12:44 PM
It's only bloody well gone and disappeared now.

It was there, i swear.

I have not been drinking, honest.
I fixed it, that's the cause of the disappearance.

I was going to have to call Sherlock, but then I saw that the "Thread Tools" had gone and moved off the drop down menu and into the "footer"....

Damocles
01-10-2009, 12:45 PM
No, I don't. BTW, thanks for spending all that time. Did you win the powerball? :cof1:
That drawing is tonight...

charver
01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I fixed it, that's the cause of the disappearance.

I was going to have to call Sherlock, but then I saw that the "Thread Tools" had gone and moved off the drop down menu and into the "footer"....

Thank god for that. I thought i was seeing things again.

See, i am almost normal after all.

Annie
01-10-2009, 01:01 PM
That drawing is tonight...

Fingers crossed! I wish I had a buck to spare...

Minister of Truth
01-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Damo - I don't like the new Social Groups layout. It looks great, but its impractical for finding out where the latest activity has occurred.

Epicurus
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Damo - I don't like the new Social Groups layout. It looks great, but its impractical for finding out where the latest activity has occurred.

This.

Damocles
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Well, I'll tell the code writers of your complaint.

Damocles
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM

This.

Okay, I've tried to make it easier to get what you want out of the Social Groups...

Check out the Communities Menu on the Navbar. One of the selections is "View All Groups". Click that and you should have a view you are used to.

I have added the "View All Groups" link so you don't have to go to the group.php page first then click the link on that page to see the activity in Social Groups.