PDA

View Full Version : Heil..... TO ME! Heil.... myself!

ib1yysguy
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Just so you know, I'm here. I've given up on SR. I've got no allegiance to either forum, but it's just not worth my time over there. I'm hoping this place will entertain me longer, so we'll see I guess.

Damocles
07-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Just so you know, I'm here. I've given up on SR. I've got no allegiance to either forum, but it's just not worth my time over there. I'm hoping this place will entertain me longer, so we'll see I guess.

Just so everybody knows this really is ib1... He contacted me, I gave him access to the hijacked username.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 10:09 PM
I know ethically we shouldn't take other people's names but seriously... it's not like we have our names copyrighted or anything.

Damocles
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
I know ethically we shouldn't take other people's names but seriously... it's not like we have our names copyrighted or anything.

I understand, but I kind of feel most people should have first grabs at their name from the other site... I'll give them a go if they complain.

ib1yysguy
07-29-2006, 10:33 PM

There's just no reason for it. It's 100% proof that we have some real douche bags on this site who take this place seriously enough to go and hijack other monikers for God-knows-what reason. And I'd bet you $100 it was a conservative poster.

BRUTALITOPS
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
it probably was. I also agree there is no reason for it.

Beefy
07-30-2006, 12:38 AM

Welcome aboard Porkchop. Good to have you here. Now we can get started. Let's see, I'll make a grim reaper reference, then you can make a smog reference, and the ball is rolling.

AnyOldIron
07-30-2006, 06:43 AM

AnyOldIron is copywrited...

OrnotBitwise
07-30-2006, 03:46 PM
AnyOldIron is copywrited...
No one but me would ever want Ornot Bitwise, which is handy.

gonzojournals
07-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm over here until SR stops being a little girl.

BRUTALITOPS
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
weren't you buddy buddy with him only a few days ago?

gonzojournals
07-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Until he suspended me.

BRUTALITOPS
07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
lol...

how many times did dano, maineman, dixie, etc threaten to go over someones house and beat them?

In the prior weeks we even had talk about certain members raping little girls.
But you get suspended for saying things that most likely would amount to nothing?

Seems sr has gotten a bit trigger happy as of late with the suspend/ban button. (maybe it's a new feature just added to the board)

:)

gonzojournals
07-30-2006, 07:55 PM
He has! I'm not the first user to insinuate personal threats on one's family, but I am the first to be suspended for it.

It's because he is protecting his Jew boy toy.

BRUTALITOPS
07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
for the record though adamw is my homie.

gonzojournals
07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Whatever man, whatever.

SR_
07-30-2006, 08:06 PM
lol...

how many times did dano, maineman, dixie, etc threaten to go over someones house and beat them?

In the prior weeks we even had talk about certain members raping little girls.
But you get suspended for saying things that most likely would amount to nothing?

Seems sr has gotten a bit trigger happy as of late with the suspend/ban button. (maybe it's a new feature just added to the board)

:)

no yahoo all the other stuff was "jerry springer" type stuff, which i dont mind. This case was different, the personal information of the one being threatened is available for all of us as he posts such information on the forum. He does that of his own choosing and thats fine. but he still has a right to have opinions without another member threatening to use such information for intimidation purposes.

Telling someone you could kick their ass, is nothing. Sure I may ask them to stop, but telling someone that they know where they live or their family and that that member better watch out, is something that shouldnt be on a message board. We all know Adam's personal information, it shouldnt be used as a method of intimidation against him or anyone else for that matter.

And who knows if it would be something or not, id hate for some real crazy yahoo to come to the site and see such behavior as acceptable.

SR

BRUTALITOPS
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I know adam is in toronto right now but does anyone actually know his street address?

I mean really, who is actually going to go meet someone that they argued with on a messageboard to fight?

Damocles
07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I know adam is in toronto right now but does anyone actually know his street address?

I mean really, who is actually going to go meet someone that they argued with on a messageboard to fight?

I met several whom I have had beers with...

Anyway, it's in the news. Some dudes were killed, the site was a religious one. Some people on the site hunted the dude down and killed him and his family...

I'm sure you can guess the religion.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 09:39 PM
ah fuck. half the reason I'm here is to get away from SR, but now SR's followed us? What the fuck?

Adam Weinberg
07-30-2006, 09:49 PM
The only person who knows where I'm at in Toronto, funny enough, is CanadianKid. We live in the same neighborhood when we occupy the T.O.

No, the nature of the suggestions made on the deleted thread was about my homstead in North Carolina. Of course, the information Gonzo has is easy to access. He probably has a subscriber account to search databases given his work.

You or I could do the same thing for $29.99 and find out all the places we've ever lived, what our credit looks like, who our family members are, and of course, our criminal record.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
and why doesn't my picture show up next to my name?

Adam Weinberg
07-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Did you use a link for the avatar or did you attach a photo directly?

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Did you use a link for the avatar or did you attach a photo directly?

Speaking of avatars, what happened to the GQ centerfold you were using?

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I just realized that avatars are different than profile pictures. Though I can't make the picture of myself small enough to fucking fit on this site. I do this for a fucking living and I still can't manage to make a photo smaller than 19.5 kb.

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I just realized that avatars are different than profile pictures. Though I can't make the picture of myself small enough to fucking fit on this site. I do this for a fucking living and I still can't manage to make a photo smaller than 19.5 kb.

Just copy and pate it into "paint", shrink it or edit it down to size, and viola'. We'll all get to see the porkchops. Paint is the best photo editing software on the market today.

Adam Weinberg
07-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Speaking of avatars, what happened to the GQ centerfold you were using?

Wanted something more down to earth, but still good enough. I just got sent this photo from somebody who was taking a bunch when I was in France.

Maybe I'll swap 'em out, but honestly I want a new photo of me clean-shaven. Maybe next week. I'm going to wedding and I'll put on some fly threads.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm using $600 Photoshop and I can't make a file that small because the color profiles it imbeds are by themselves larger than the minimum for the site.

Damocles
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM

I was going to say that it was because you uploaded it as a Profile Picture rather than an Avatar... But it appears you figured that out.

You can shrink the Photo in almost any image editor...

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Wanted something more down to earth, but still good enough. I just got sent this photo from somebody who was taking a bunch when I was in France.

Maybe I'll swap 'em out, but honestly I want a new photo of me clean-shaven. Maybe next week. I'm going to wedding and I'll put on some fly threads.

The moustache is very "Matt Dillon" in Something about Mary. I dig it, wish I could grow one.

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm using $600 Photoshop and I can't make a file that small because the color profiles it imbeds are by themselves larger than the minimum for the site.

Email me the picture, I got paint for free, didn't pay no $600 for it, you got robbed. I'll take care of it for you.

Damocles
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Email me the picture, I got paint for free, didn't pay no $600 for it, you got robbed. I'll take care of it for you.

Right click, download photo, make changes, PM it to him....

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I was going to say that it was because you uploaded it as a Profile Picture rather than an Avatar... But it appears you figured that out.

You can shrink the Photo in almost any image editor...

Tha'ts just it though. I know that. I'm a photojournalist and I do this EVERY FUCKING DAY, but for some reason I can't get a file to come out of photoshop small enough.

It's like showing up to a lawnmower race with a corvette and wondering why you can't cut grass as well as anyone else.

Damocles
07-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Tha'ts just it though. I know that. I'm a photojournalist and I do this EVERY FUCKING DAY, but for some reason I can't get a file to come out of photoshop small enough.

It's like showing up to a lawnmower race with a corvette and wondering why you can't cut grass as well as anyone else.

Just use Microsoft Photo editor... PhotoShop is for other things than this.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:35 PM

I didn't pay $600 for it either. I got it as a package through the college for about $200 (for a site of software that's normally like $1500).

For what I do, it's worth it. For trying to make monikers... it aint so great.

Adam Weinberg
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
It's a ridiculously small rez, that's all. I couldn't get iPhoto to pare this photo down to a decent place where I didn't think it was compromise the visual.

Avatars just aren't as awesome as signature banners in that regard.

* compromising

...I'm tired. My English ability is deteriorating. Don't bother to check that for spelling. It's got to be wrong.

Night Y'all.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
check yer email matt

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Right click, download photo, make changes, PM it to him....
Right clicking don't do nothin.

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:38 PM
check yer email matt

Okay, give me a minute.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
actually it would appear that my sending server is down momentarily

Damocles
07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Right clicking don't do nothin.

Worked fine for me...

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Email asn't come through.

Beefy
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Wise guy, PM.

ib1yysguy
07-30-2006, 10:53 PM
check again

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2006, 05:35 AM
ah fuck. half the reason I'm here is to get away from SR, but now SR's followed us? What the fuck?

why did you try and get away from sr?

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 10:02 AM
IB1- you look like Aphex Twin.

ib1yysguy
07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
why did you try and get away from sr?

I'm sick of the way he argues. It's like Dixie, but twice as illogical (if you can imagine).

BRUTALITOPS
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
don't you just feel like stabbing your eyes out when he uses one of his analogies?

gonzojournals
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
I just love his double standard. Suspend me, but let maineman and Dixie overtly threaten family members. I guess you can do it overtly, but if you do it suggestively, then it's a crime.