PDA

View Full Version : OSU Ohio Slow University

Topspin
01-06-2009, 05:48 AM
I feel sorry for them:eek:

Cancel3
01-06-2009, 07:07 AM
They didn't get blown out this time. So its an improvement.

But barely beating Ohio State doesn't help Texas with their Nat'l Championship claims.

If the Gators win, my vote would go for Utah as NC

Topspin
01-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I actually feel sorry for Ohio Slow, Mottley is prob in deep deppression today

DigitalDave
01-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I was deeply PO'ed at the end of that game....Who doesn't go into prevent defense when they need a TD?

Damocles
01-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I was deeply PO'ed at the end of that game....Who doesn't go into prevent defense when they need a TD?
Apparently Ohio doesn't.

Topspin
01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
there secondary is SLOW
it was evident vs usc and Texas
The big 10 is not in the top 3 conferences and is prob below the third rate Pac 10

cawacko
01-07-2009, 03:16 PM

prevent defense = prevent win

Ohio State stayed aggressive which is what they needed to do. To sit back and let Colt McCoy pick them apart would be suicide. Yes they lost anyway but at least had a chance. Prevent defense would have essentially guaranteed a Texas score and thus a loss.

Cancel3
01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
A prevent defense is only going to stop a higher percentage of the big plays. And even that is a gamble.

An agressive defense is the best thing you can have. The worst you will get is a few running plays that work because of overpursuit or traps.

A D that will go after it (if you have the talent) is the best way to win the NC.

Topspin
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
total horseshit, texas scored on a short catch long run.
you keep a couple safety's back and an extra corner in and it doesn't happen

Damocles
01-07-2009, 04:27 PM
total horseshit, texas scored on a short catch long run.
you keep a couple safety's back and an extra corner in and it doesn't happen

Texas scored on a play where they dropped seven back. During an actual "containment" defense. The dude just turned right around it then ran in with those guys trying to catch up while being hampered by the total incapacity to run.

OSU put cement blocks on the feet of their defenders.

Socrtease
01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Prevent Defense = Play to not lose and that is not "Play to Win!"

cawacko
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Prevent Defense = Play to not lose and that is not "Play to Win!"

prevent defense = sucks! Most frustrating thing to watch when your team is doing it.

DigitalDave
01-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Texas scored on a play where they dropped seven back. During an actual "containment" defense. The dude just turned right around it then ran in with those guys trying to catch up while being hampered by the total incapacity to run.

OSU put cement blocks on the feet of their defenders.

They sent 5 after the QB.. watch it...
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/colt-mccoy-leads-texas-to-final-minute-win-over-osu-fiesta-bowl-2009-pt-2/2781888826/?icid=VIDURVSPR02

That means they dropped 6 and the LB's were lined up on the LOS. They didn't have time to drop back to defend it. 1 LB went out to the flat. The safety (which should have been used as a prevent DB, I don't care what any of you say) had to move up to try and defend the pass, so it's one on one with the Safety since the LB couldn't drop back to cover over the middle.

Dumb play call, when all you have to do is stop a TD and you have less than 30 seconds to play, you let them take a few short completions and keep them in bounds. You make sure there is NEVER a time where one of their recievers gets behind the safety. When you allow it, then you are playing to lose. The safety should be there to tackle, not brought up as a pass defender in that situation.

DigitalDave
01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
prevent defense = sucks! Most frustrating thing to watch when your team is doing it.

It's smart if you know how to run it. It's not dropping your CB's back 20 yards, and letting them catch everything. You keep them one on one with the receivers, not jumping anything inside, just stay outside. The LB's drop back into zone coverage about 10-15 yards, possibly breaking up slants or laying some wood on the receiver coming over the middle, and the safeties just don't let anyone behind them. It's great defense when you KNOW they have to pass at least 10-15 yards downfield. It'll cost the offense around 20 seconds to maybe get 20-25 yards. They had around 26 seconds on their last play, and went 40.

Topspin
01-08-2009, 05:59 AM
exactly dave, let them catch it in front of you and promptly takle them.

Cancel3
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
exactly dave, let them catch it in front of you and promptly takle them.

Prompt tackling. What an idea. If Bama had done that we might not have been whipped.

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I actually feel sorry for Ohio Slow, Mottley is prob in deep deppression today

Depressed? Hardly. This and the Texas/Texas Tech game were the two best games of the year. We played our hearts out and came with in 16 seconds of beating a pretty good Texas team.

The great thing about being a Buckeye fan is that while LSU is rebuilding, we'll just reload and keep right on winning. :-)

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Apparently Ohio doesn't.

and a good thing to. The prevent sucks and losses more games than the Cubs. Tressel wouldn't be head coach for long at OSU if he played the prevent much. It's not well tolerated here in the cradle of football.

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
there secondary is SLOW
it was evident vs usc and Texas
The big 10 is not in the top 3 conferences and is prob below the third rate Pac 10

YOu're nuts. Granted this was not a great year for the Big 10 but the Pac 10, top to bottom, was the best conference is college this year and USC is with out a doubt the best team in the country and if we had a rational championship season, I'm sure that would have been proven.

The Buckeye's were a top 10 team this year but certainly not the best.

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
prevent defense = prevent win

Ohio State stayed aggressive which is what they needed to do. To sit back and let Colt McCoy pick them apart would be suicide. Yes they lost anyway but at least had a chance. Prevent defense would have essentially guaranteed a Texas score and thus a loss.

Agreed!

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
They sent 5 after the QB.. watch it...
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/colt-mccoy-leads-texas-to-final-minute-win-over-osu-fiesta-bowl-2009-pt-2/2781888826/?icid=VIDURVSPR02

That means they dropped 6 and the LB's were lined up on the LOS. They didn't have time to drop back to defend it. 1 LB went out to the flat. The safety (which should have been used as a prevent DB, I don't care what any of you say) had to move up to try and defend the pass, so it's one on one with the Safety since the LB couldn't drop back to cover over the middle.

Dumb play call, when all you have to do is stop a TD and you have less than 30 seconds to play, you let them take a few short completions and keep them in bounds. You make sure there is NEVER a time where one of their recievers gets behind the safety. When you allow it, then you are playing to lose. The safety should be there to tackle, not brought up as a pass defender in that situation.

Bad call? Maybe. But there's always next year and I'm pretty sure that there's a lot of teams out there that will wish they are as good as the Buckeyes will be. There a great program!

Topspin
01-09-2009, 05:58 PM
OMG mottley your not depressed you've gone over the top.
The sec would ass rape the pac10 worse than we did the big 12. Only the gay 10 is more overrated. LSU with 5 losses would beat down the buckeyes. There the near NFL SEC the good big 12 then the resurgent PAC 10. Not sure if the big 10 will be better than the acc next year.

Mott the Hoople
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
OMG mottley your not depressed you've gone over the top.
The sec would ass rape the pac10 worse than we did the big 12. Only the gay 10 is more overrated. LSU with 5 losses would beat down the buckeyes. There the near NFL SEC the good big 12 then the resurgent PAC 10. Not sure if the big 10 will be better than the acc next year.

Don't know what you're smoking but pass some this way. After Utah's pasting of Bama....ya'll aint got much room to talk.

Besides, SEC teams, like USC, only seem to be able to win when they have the home field advantage. What's gonna happen to the poor SEC if there's a play off system and they have to play an away game....up north...where it gets cold.

We'll see how good you really are then and until then..it's just talk....just like the mythical national championship.

Topspin
01-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't heard crying like that from you since the last two assfuckings Ohio state gobbled up.

Cancel3
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't know what you're smoking but pass some this way. After Utah's pasting of Bama....ya'll aint got much room to talk.

Besides, SEC teams, like USC, only seem to be able to win when they have the home field advantage. What's gonna happen to the poor SEC if there's a play off system and they have to play an away game....up north...where it gets cold.

We'll see how good you really are then and until then..it's just talk....just like the mythical national championship.

Yep, Utah waxed our ass. And South Carolina lost their bowl too.

But the other 6 SEC teams won their bowls. And between Florida and Ole Miss, I saw two teams play top Big 12 teams and beat them.

Mott the Hoople
01-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Yep, Utah waxed our ass. And South Carolina lost their bowl too.

But the other 6 SEC teams won their bowls. And between Florida and Ole Miss, I saw two teams play top Big 12 teams and beat them.

The SEC was strong this year. Better than the Big 12 but not as good as the Pac 10 was. If USC and FL played in the national championship game I'm putting my money on USC.

Cancel3
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
The SEC was strong this year. Better than the Big 12 but not as good as the Pac 10 was. If USC and FL played in the national championship game I'm putting my money on USC.

I'd put my money on Florida.

Topspin
01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow that's crying on steroids when you have to reach for gayer than clay akin pete carrolls nuts. Oregon state assfucked the Trojans. Tebow is 50x better than carrolls fag.

Cancel3
01-13-2009, 05:22 AM

Only three teams had 7 wins over teams with winning records. Florida had nine (several by huge margins).

Florida played 11 bowl teams and beat two #1 teams. There was no one better in the NCAA this year.

Oklahoma broke all sorts of records in scoring over 700 points this season. And FL held them to 14.

FL beat Bama by 11, same as Utah did. But Florida did it with Andre Smith (one of the top O linemen playing today) at full strength. Utah did it against a 3rd string left tackle. And Florida beat Bama without Percy Harvin.

USC had only two top level wins and got blown out once. USC barely handled the Penn State offense in the second half. And I am not buying that bullshit that they letup. USC wanted to blow the doors off Penn State. They wanted to make a statement.

Topspin
01-13-2009, 06:54 AM
2009 Preseason
Florida #1
LSU #5
Bama #8
I didn't bother to check but am positive the big ten and pac 10 don't have 3 in the top 8