PDA

View Full Version : Damo, Why do I...

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Have to log in again to see the comments about my repution points that others give or take?

Darned annoying.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Have to log in again to see the comments about my repution points that others give or take?

Darned annoying.
Just click on UserCP at the top, you don't have to log in again.

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Just click on UserCP at the top, you don't have to log in again.

but if I click on the highlighted reputation points at the top right I do have to log back in?

LadyT
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
How do I see who's given me what reputation?

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
How do I see who's given me what reputation?
Click on UserCP.

As for UScit's issue. Nobody else is having it.

I'll test and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Buddha
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
testin.

LadyT
01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
testin.

lol, I remember you!

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Okay, there is no "Highlighted reputation points" at the upper right.

I click on the word "new" when it tells me I have new reputation to read and it takes me right to my reputation. I don't have to log in.

Buddha
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
lol, I remember you!
Yeah? Well, I was drunk. Don't spread it around.

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM

I click on the word "new" when it tells me I have new reputation to read and it takes me right to my reputation. I don't have to log in.

New is the click on point for me but I have had to log in again every time I have done it.

As you said if I hit them thru userCP though I don't have to.
I am using the black noir (sp?) and netscape.
Might have cookies disabled in this machine.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Another way to see it, would be to click on the little scales above the post that got the rep, it will show you who gave you rep for the post and what they said.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
New is the click on point for me but I have had to log in again every time I have done it.

As you said if I hit them thru userCP though I don't have to.
I am using the black noir (sp?) and netscape.
Might have cookies disabled in this machine.
It might be a cookies issue, but all that the "new" link does is take you to your UserCP. I can't see why you would have to log in.

It's a mystery.

I'll test Buddha again in Netscape from the Black.

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Another way to see it, would be to click on the little scales above the post that got the rep, it will show you who gave you rep for the post and what they said.

well yes but I have to click on new or userCP to find out which post got the + or - rep.

Buddha
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
testing some more.

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
thanks

Buddha
01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
The desire for reputation points is the root of cyber suffering.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
It has to be a cookies issue, I can't replicate this in any browser, I tried Netscape, Safari, Firefox, IE, and Chrome.

Buddha now has the highest rep in the joint.

uscitizen
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
It has to be a cookies issue, I can't replicate this in any browser, I tried Netscape, Safari, Firefox, IE, and Chrome.

Buddha now has the highest rep in the joint.

LOL,
As Budda should. Although why he would post on here is beyond me.

Thanks Damo, I will try on another PC with different cookie settings and with Internet exploiter (yech).

Damocles
01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
LOL,
As Budda should. Although why he would post on here is beyond me.

Thanks Damo, I will try on another PC with different cookie settings and with Internet exploiter (yech).
Cool, tell me what happens.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
As I recall, Damo, you were against using the rep system previously. Why the change?

Damocles
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
As I recall, Damo, you were against using the rep system previously. Why the change?
I've always wanted to do it, I just wanted more balance before I turned it on. Basically I didn't want new people to be chased away because of neg rep for political views.

We'll see how it works. If I think it's working well, I'll keep it, but I can always shut it off if there is negative results.

DamnYankee
01-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, from the get-go I've refrained from using insults on this board and tried to be as civil as possible. Yet I see that some here have given me negative rep simply for my political views, just as you thought might happen. I will therefore be posting less or not at all. Sorry Damo.

Cancel1
01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, from the get-go I've refrained from using insults on this board and tried to be as civil as possible. Yet I see that some here have given me negative rep simply for my political views, just as you thought might happen. I will therefore be posting less or not at all. Sorry Damo.

Do other boards you post at use a "rep" system?

DamnYankee
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes, and they have a better balance of libs-cons.

Cancel7
01-05-2009, 01:36 PM

I would never have seen this if Chloe hadn't quoted it (a big thanks!)

ROTFLMAO!

OMG what a Fem!

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/HEALTH/080522/g-080522-hlt-crying-baby-11a.widec.jpg

Cancel7
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I can't believe anybody could get that upset over the rep system. This is hysterical. OH I wish Tiana was here so we could laugh at what girls these men are!

I have not negative repped anybody, though I am sure I am the prime suspect.

Damocles
01-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I can't believe anybody could get that upset over the rep system. This is hysterical. OH I wish Tiana was here so we could laugh at what girls these men are!

I have not negative repped anybody, though I am sure I am the prime suspect.
Nah, you can see who neg reps you in your User CP, he knows who did it.

Cancel7
01-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Nah, you can see who neg reps you in your User CP, he knows who did it.

Oh i didn't know that, thanks.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-05-2009, 01:53 PM

THANK GOD FOR THE REP SYSTEM!!!!!!!

LadyT
01-05-2009, 05:25 PM

LMAO!!!!! What a girlie man. We were just talking what big pussies you guys can be.....

"Waahhhhh, someone negative repped me...... :(:crybaby:........
Wahhhhhhh, she keeps talking about southerners......wahhhhhhh waahhhhhh"

The funny thing is, unless someone goes really overboard, I don't think any of the women here have ever whined nearly as much as you punks. :lmao:

LadyT
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Damo, I can only see the latest users who've repped me. I wanted to see all of them.

Damocles
01-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Damo, I can only see the latest users who've repped me. I wanted to see all of them.
You only get five. I'll up the number to 10. However, there is a limit because of room.

Damocles
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
There I upped it to 15...

LadyT
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
ohhhhhh

Annie
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM

No one loves me here.

Cancel7
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
LMAO!!!!! What a girlie man. We were just talking what big pussies you guys can be.....

"Waahhhhh, someone negative repped me...... :(:crybaby:........
Wahhhhhhh, she keeps talking about southerners......wahhhhhhh waahhhhhh"

The funny thing is, unless someone goes really overboard, I don't think any of the women here have ever whined nearly as much as you punks. :lmao:

You haven't seen anything. That f'ing SF negative repped me, trying to get my attention? I am going to cut his balls off and tie them onto my rearview mirror!

I'll leave the crying to Southern, eh hem, "man".

LadyT
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
You haven't seen anything. That f'ing SF negative repped me, trying to get my attention? I am going to cut his balls off and tie them onto my rearview mirror!

I just negative repped him too. LOL, man, this is fun.

oh, its because he's not so secretly in love with you btw!

Annie
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM

Women do not whine. Women get even. Then again, they love the one they're with. :cof1:

Annie
01-05-2009, 06:18 PM

Lady T, you've got like 3/4 of the men in love with you. What is your secret? It must be above politics, since it seems spread out.

Signed,
Need to know

Cancel7
01-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Lady T, you've got like 3/4 of the men in love with you. What is your secret? It must be above politics, since it seems spread out.

Signed,
Need to know

That's how she got her rep so high too, all of the guys have been voting for her over and over. I don't know what she does, but I have heard rumors, and they ain't pretty.

LadyT
01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Signed,
Need to know

Its pretty simple actually. I just have sex with them all and then bam! reputation points! win-win for everyone.

LadyT
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
BTW damo, what exactly are the rules for reputation, I've been trying to give more to pple and it says I can't :(

Annie
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
That's how she got her rep so high too, all of the guys have been voting for her over and over. I don't know what she does, but I have heard rumors, and they ain't pretty.

Damn, tried to rep you for that! :cof1: Damo it's been 2 days, I should be able. How high you got these set?

Damocles
01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
BTW damo, what exactly are the rules for reputation, I've been trying to give more to pple and it says I can't :(
You can't give it to the same people, you can only give 10 in a day. You have to give to 20 different people before you can repeat on them...

Damocles
01-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Damn, tried to rep you for that! :cof1: Damo it's been 2 days, I should be able. How high you got these set?
I left the default. 10 in a day, 20 people before you can repeat on somebody.

uscitizen
01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
You can't give it to the same people, you can only give 10 in a day. You have to give to 20 different people before you can repeat on them...

Dang! we need more different posters then.

Annie
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I left the default. 10 in a day, 20 people before you can repeat on somebody.

LOL! Will be a long time coming, in or out. Damn, that sounds suggestive. :eek:

Damocles
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I'll tweak it as it goes until we have a working system.

Cancel3
01-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll tweak it as it goes until we have a working system.

It seems to me to be a fairly innocuous addition. If other people's opinions matter that much you probably should be surfing another website.

Damocles
01-06-2009, 08:03 AM
LOL! Will be a long time coming, in or out. Damn, that sounds suggestive. :eek:
Tweaked it. 6 per day, 10 until you can repeat.

Cancel3
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Oddly, the rep points thing is entertaining to me.

Not because it tells me how popular I am, I understand that much. I am not a fav here. No biggie.

But on one thread, in which I expressed the same view in several posts, I received pos rep points from a liberal and from a conservative.

lol

Gotta love it.

DamnYankee
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
...Basically I didn't want new people to be chased away because of neg rep for political views... Case in point. Take care, Damo.

Damocles
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
You are taking it too seriously, SM. I can put you in the same group as Battleborne where it simply doesn't show.

Cancel7
01-06-2009, 02:41 PM
You are taking it too seriously, SM. I can put you in the same group as Battleborne where it simply doesn't show.

What does me and Tiana joking around about making a (small) souvenir out of SF's balls have to do with him leaving?

Damocles
01-06-2009, 02:42 PM
What does me and Tiana joking around about making a (small) souvenir out of SF's balls have to do with him leaving?
I dunno. He's getting neg repped and doesn't like it. I thought it might scare a few n00bs away, I just didn't think it would happen to a seasoned vet like SM.

Cancel7
01-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I dunno. He's getting neg repped and doesn't like it. I thought it might scare a few n00bs away, I just didn't think it would happen to a seasoned vet like SM.

Do you like how I snuck in the (small)?

Damocles
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you like how I snuck in the (small)?
Yes, very sneaky. Almost unnoticeable. :D

Cancel3
01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, very sneaky. Almost unnoticeable. :D

I bet SF noticed. Not the description, but the removal.

Cancel7
01-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I bet SF noticed. Not the description, but the removal.

SF has been negative repping me under his own and his troll names! He deserves it!

Damo, I'm leaving!

TRGLDTE
01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Great! I go away and come back to a weird rep system wherein noobs (e.g, Chloe, Steppenwolf) have more rep than I do?!?!?!?!

Damocles
01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Great! I go away and come back to a weird rep system wherein WM has more rep than I do?!?!?!?!
Better start working on good posts....

TRGLDTE
01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Better start working on good posts.... Not a problem. I used to do high quality posts, but I gave it up. I'm lazy.

LadyT
01-06-2009, 05:01 PM

LMAO! Man, if I knew it was this easy to chase them off, I'd have bought up rep point ages ago!

Minister of Truth
01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm still not sure how to give rep points.

Thorn
01-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm still not sure how to give rep points.

Just look up in the upper right hand corner of the post. You'll see a silver-grey balance. Just click on that and the rest will walk you through.

Minister of Truth
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Just look up in the upper right hand corner of the post. You'll see a silver-grey balance. Just click on that and the rest will walk you through.

Cool, thanks. You just earned rep points for that! :clink: