PDA

View Full Version : Wow Bama

cawacko
01-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Damn that was surprising. I thought they were going to come back once the momentum turned in the 2nd qtr. but Utah stayed strong. It is a blood bath on the Rivals Mainboard for any of you who are fans of the site.

Cancel3
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Surprising? Try earth-shatteringly horrible!!

We sucked!! The FAA has had to reroute flights to avoid losing aircraft in the huge suction coming from New Orleans.

Topspin
01-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Utah should be national champs

Mott the Hoople
01-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Utah should be national champs

They should get a shot at the title, that's for sure. More fuel to the fire for a playoff. Can you imagine how exciting that would be with a cinderella team like Utah?

Cancel3
01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
The Utes did play one helluva game. And we are gonna hear them screaming for the #1 spot (or at least a share of it). Hard to argue with them.

They went in to play the team that had been #1 for most of the season and totally owned us. Nobody we played all year, and that includes FL, did what they did.

Couple of things

I think we missed Andre Smith more than we knew we would. Wilson was sacked so much he oughta get "Kroger" tattooed on his ass. He had a grand total of -31 yards.

I am still wondering why Saban kept pushing an offensive scheme that didn't work, over and over. Coffee was not going to get yardage going around the ends. But Ellison DID get yardage and our offense moved the ball on the one drive we played up the middle.

Yeah, the Utes have a reason to claim a piece of the NC.

Topspin
01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
the Utes deserve it WAYYYY more than USC did in 2003.
Doubt there coach will be a pussy like Pete Carroll though.

cawacko
01-03-2009, 11:18 AM
the Utes deserve it WAYYYY more than USC did in 2003.
Doubt there coach will be a pussy like Pete Carroll though.

LOL! There is nothing better than bitter corndog fans!

Fight On Toppy!!!

Cancel3
01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Especially if Florida wins, the Utes deserve it. They will be undefeated and will have played some tough teams.

They damn sure beat Bama worse than the Gators did.

Epicurus
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah that was pretty much the saddest thing I'd ever seen in my whole life.

I felt the feeling that I'm sure must have been shared by Cambodian peasants in 1972 when their villages were strafed and napalmed. That is the only thing that I could imagine would be comparable.

Topspin
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Before you bama fans slit your wrist take stock. You have come a long way since you hired St Nick. You have a young team and will continue to I
Improve.
cawacko Pete carrol is gayer than balls on clay akins chin.

Cancel3
01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Before you bama fans slit your wrist take stock. You have come a long way since you hired St Nick. You have a young team and will continue to I
Improve.
cawacko Pete carrol is gayer than balls on clay akins chin.

I, for one, am not ready to slit my wrists. I was a steadfast fan when Mike Dubose was coaching the Tide. This is way better than that.

But it does suck to be one of the two when the SEC is 5-2 in bowls this year.

Hell, even Vandy won their bowl. :rolleyes:

Mott the Hoople
01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
The Utes did play one helluva game. And we are gonna hear them screaming for the #1 spot (or at least a share of it). Hard to argue with them.

They went in to play the team that had been #1 for most of the season and totally owned us. Nobody we played all year, and that includes FL, did what they did.

Couple of things

I think we missed Andre Smith more than we knew we would. Wilson was sacked so much he oughta get "Kroger" tattooed on his ass. He had a grand total of -31 yards.

I am still wondering why Saban kept pushing an offensive scheme that didn't work, over and over. Coffee was not going to get yardage going around the ends. But Ellison DID get yardage and our offense moved the ball on the one drive we played up the middle.

Yeah, the Utes have a reason to claim a piece of the NC.

Cause he's Saban. He used to do the same shit at Michigan State. Saban's not the kind of coach that's very good at coming from behind.

Mott the Hoople
01-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Especially if Florida wins, the Utes deserve it. They will be undefeated and will have played some tough teams.

They damn sure beat Bama worse than the Gators did.

Let's say that if Texas wins, then their would be 4 teams with legitimate claims for being national champs. Being undefeated gives the Utes one hell of an argument.

This sucks. We need a play off.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Let's say that if Texas wins, then their would be 4 teams with legitimate claims for being national champs. Being undefeated gives the Utes one hell of an argument.

This sucks. We need a play off.

Yes we do. The argument against it, that I hear is the bowls would lose money.

Well I saw quite a few bowl games with no real stake in the national championship. And they brought in plenty of fans and revenue.

It is ridiculous that one of the most popular college sports is also the only one without a playoff.

Cancel5
01-04-2009, 10:55 AM
GO JAYHAWKS!

Topspin
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
It would be right but a lot more boring with a plus 2. What is it without controversy.