PDA

View Full Version : New Option in your Control Panel

Damocles
01-02-2009, 01:34 AM
In "Edit Options" you can now choose to enable censorship.

This will work only for new posts, not for those that you have already seen "the naughty bits" of...

If you have enabled this and see words that you think should be added to the list, give me a PM and we'll decide whether we should add it to the list or you are just too sensitive...

;)

Enjoy a new option for the time being.

(Also, if you have it enabled then turn it off, the old posts will still appear to be censored until post cache has cleared. And no, I don't remember how long post cache is kept and at this time have no plans of finding out. I read the board uncensored.)

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Also, if you have it enabled it will change your post if you use one of the words on the list and it will be seen by everybody as asterisks, forever indelible in the database.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Damo it doesn't say which words are on the current list, so how can I know if I want to enable it or not?

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Damo it doesn't say which words are on the current list, so how can I know if I want to enable it or not?
You just want to see me cuss.... :cig:

So be it.

The current list consists of these words:

fuck shit asshole cunt nigger

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:34 AM

So be it.

are you kidding? Well, I can't enable it if you're going to censor fuck through it. I am always fucking all over the place on here.

Well, I agree with the last two, and I think it's nice that you give people the choice.

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, if all the sensitives agree I'll edit the list to match.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:37 AM

Can we sensor the word "Dixie" instead? Let me ask you this, before you decide...who wants a Dixie when you can have a good fuck?

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Can we sensor the word "Dixie" instead? Let me ask you this, before you decide...who wants a Dixie when you can have a good fuck?

LMAO!!

Tell us more about "I am always fucking all over the place on here."

I must have missed those threads. I mean, I know you have an obsessive following of stalkers and pervs, but I didn't know you were fucking all over the place.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
LMAO!!

Tell us more about "I am always fucking all over the place on here."

I must have missed those threads. I mean, I know you have an obsessive following of stalkers and pervs, but I didn't know you were fucking all over the place.

LOL I don't have any stalkers or pervs. You know that freaking SF started that rumor by saying "your stalker boy", but it's not true!

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:43 AM
LOL I don't have any stalkers or pervs. You know that freaking SF started that rumor by saying "your stalker boy", but it's not true!
Sweet! I've got an upgrade!

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Ok. I am not sure what that means.

:snow:

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh the snow guy is sooo cute. I wanted to try it because it's snowing here AGAIN, just flurries so far.

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok. I am not sure what that means.

:snow:
Well, I'm no longer considered a "stalker"... That's an upgrade. I'm sure it's to "creep" but we'll keep that between ourselves...

:D

Cancel7
Well, I'm no longer considered a "stalker"... That's an upgrade. I'm sure it's to "creep" but we'll keep that between ourselves...

:D

LOL Oh I see.

Cancel3

No stalkers or pervs? Dammit, thats just not right.

I guess I will have to become a stalker AND a perv. Although, I did see that Yurt has your name under his avatar.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
No stalkers or pervs? Dammit, thats just not right.

I guess I will have to become a stalker AND a perv. Although, I did see that Yurt has your name under his avatar.

Oh yeah, I dont' pay any attention to that kind of silliness though.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM

See what happens when you persevere??? Well done, Damo.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah, I dont' pay any attention to that kind of silliness though.

Ouch, that would be a bitter blow to my fragile male ego to be ignored when I was stalking and perving. Jeez, talk about ruining a guy's fun.

:mun:

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
See what happens when you persevere??? Well done, Damo.
Vote for Pedro!

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I meant I don't pay attention to cons who put my name in their avatars, or quotes from me in their signatures.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I meant I don't pay attention to cons who put my name in their avatars, or quotes from me in their signatures.

Oh, so there is hope for me???

:cof1:

Damocles
01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh, so there is hope for me???

:cof1:
Yes, one day you too can reach the lofty position of "creep"....

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 12:01 PM

Awww, if thats not true its cruel to tease me with promises like that.

I will do my best to become a "creep".

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 12:02 PM

LOL

Damo, did I ever call you a creep?

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
LOL

Oh! So it was a false promotion??

Damo, are you impersonating a "creep" without having been promoted??

Damocles
01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
LOL

No.

Shh... Don't ruin it.

uscitizen
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM

LOL, pretty much what I was thinking as I read down this thread.

charver
01-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Well, i think there's plenty of leeway for a sweary cove to continue to swear like buggery with only a little imagination.

Pissflaps.

evince
01-02-2009, 12:41 PM
In example there is a resturant in Vegas called the Pink Taco.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas/dining/Pink-Taco/

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM

So be it.

So cunt is on the list?

What about Coochie?

Cooze?

Bearded Clam?

Cunny?

Beaver?

Cooter?

Fur Burger?

Hairy Doughnut?

Honey Pot?

Lick N' Stick?

Poontang?

Pussy?

Rack of Clam?

Republic of Labia?

Happy Valley?

Gash?

Queef Quarters?

Penis Parking?

Quim?

Trim?

Hair Pie?

Muff?

Twat?

Slip N' Slide?

Spasm Chasm?

Va Jay Jay?

Yoni?

Snatch?

Sperm Shack?

Tunnel of Love?

Wookie?

Damocles
01-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Nah, just the word "cunt" as it seems to make people have hissy fits everywhere.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Ok. I just wanted to be clear.

charver
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Nah, just the word "cunt" as it seems to make people have hissy fits everywhere.

I was always told it was a sign that you're doing it right if a lady has a hissy fit while one is mouthing cunt.

Nothing in my world is certain anymore. :(

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I was always told it was a sign that you're doing it right if a lady has a hissy fit while one is mouthing cunt.

Nothing in my world is certain anymore. :(

Well, hearing her start to snore is still a solid sign that you are doing it wrong. So some things haven't changed.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I like the this day in history Damo.

Cancel7
01-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Well so does the n word, it has caused outbursts here from males...but I guess the word "hissy" is saved for women, or specifically for me, since I have broken your ingenious code.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Well so does the n word, it has caused outbursts here from males...but I guess the word "hissy" is saved for women, or specifically for me, since I have broken your ingenious code.

No, I have seen Dixie throw hissy fits too. And some other "guys".

But good job on the code, Darla.

Damocles
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Nah, if somebody made an equal list with the n-word's equivalents I would have answered about the hissy fits I get for those too.

Hissy fit has nothing to do with the sex of a person.

Damocles
01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I like the this day in history Damo.
Thank you.

I didn't announce that one. I was wondering how long it would take somebody to mention it.

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Nah, if somebody made an equal list with the n-word's equivalents I would have answered about the hissy fits I get for those too.

Hissy fit has nothing to do with the sex of a person.

Oh, Darla's thing about "hissy" being reserved for women was because of my distasteful and long list of alternative names?

Damocles
01-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, Darla's thing about "hissy" being reserved for women was because of my distasteful and long list of alternative names?
Nah, she just assumes that I used the word only because of her. She's personalizing things. There are many men who get into equal binds for the c-word.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-02-2009, 02:30 PM

I think it would be better if it would just hide the posts with the n or c word in them. It would, quite frankly, be as derogatory to see the !@#$ as to see ****.

And if people want to star out **** they could do that too, but most of the women and black people here don't care about that. Maybe a few parents would. The two should be separate options though - one for "sensitive" words (that stars them out) and another for "ultra-sensitive" slurs (that hides the posts).

BRUTALITOPS
01-02-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL I don't have any stalkers or pervs.

WRONG!

Damocles
01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I think it would be better if it would just hide the posts with the n or c word in them. It would, quite frankly, be as derogatory to see the !@#$ as to see ****.

And if people want to star out **** they could do that too, but most of the women and black people here don't care about that. Maybe a few parents would. The two should be separate options though - one for "sensitive" words (that stars them out) and another for "ultra-sensitive" slurs (that hides the posts).
I am working on adding a personalized ignore list where you can actually make their threads disappear if they start them, basically block people out entirely if you wish.

It's taking me some coding time though.