PDA

View Full Version : Ok Be Honest: How many of you were hoping the Lions would lose their last game?

KingCondanomation
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Just so they could set the record for worst season ever?

Immanuel
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't have anything against the Lions, but I must admit to sitting at the Raiders v. Bucs game watching the Lions score hoping they would lose. After all, what difference did it make? For the same reason, last year I was pulling for New England to pull off the perfect season even though I am not really a New England Fan. History was made on Sunday!

Here's to a better year for Detroit next year. :clink:

Immie

KingCondanomation
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't have anything against the Lions, but I must admit to sitting at the Raiders v. Bucs game watching the Lions score hoping they would lose. After all, what difference did it make? For the same reason, last year I was pulling for New England to pull off the perfect season even though I am not really a New England Fan. History was made on Sunday!

Here's to a better year for Detroit next year. :clink:

Immie

Yeah Immie no big deal, I was hoping they'd lose to, it's always enticing to watch a streak or a record get broken even if it's a negative. Just enteratainment I guess.
They got nowhere to go but up.

KingCondanomation
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Should have made this a poll, no one else wants to admit they took some joy in seeing that kind of record broken?

Damocles
01-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I really felt for their fans. How can a team suck that bad all the time year after year and still get people to buy their stuff?

Thorn
01-05-2009, 12:10 AM
I really felt for their fans. How can a team suck that bad all the time year after year and still get people to buy their stuff?

For us it's sentiment; we left Detroit 15 years ago but still have our Lions glasses and tumblers. We remember Barry Sanders and don't think as much about the poor makeup of the present team. My husband is a lifelong Cowboys' fan anyway, but we still have a soft spot for the Detroit teams. We're HUGE Redwings fans.

Damocles
01-05-2009, 07:57 AM
For us it's sentiment; we left Detroit 15 years ago but still have our Lions glasses and tumblers. We remember Barry Sanders and don't think as much about the poor makeup of the present team. My husband is a lifelong Cowboys' fan anyway, but we still have a soft spot for the Detroit teams. We're HUGE Redwings fans.
Now see, there is nothing about the Redwings that is good.

;)

Thorn
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Now see, there is nothing about the Redwings that is good.

;)

Ha! Sez you, you Avalanche supporter!!! :p

Thorn
01-05-2009, 01:33 PM
BTW, did you watch the Red Wings/ Black Hawks 3rd annual outdoor game at Wrigley Field on New Year's Day (I think that's when it was)? Outdoors, in Chicago, in January ... Brrrrr! The fans seemed to love it and the game was good.