PDA

View Full Version : Now that the NFL regular season is over...

Socrtease
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I am sooooooo happy the Denver Broncos blew the AFC West

I am almost as happy that the Cowboys blew it yesterday

and I am happy that the Chiefs sucked so bad that they will get the second draft pick in the NFL draft which assures them of a future QB of some quality, at least in theory.

uscitizen
12-29-2008, 09:57 AM
It is over? The Stupor bowl is all that is left?

Damocles
12-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Between the regular season and the Superbowl there are a few games called the playoffs.

uscitizen
12-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Between the regular season and the Superbowl there are a few games called the playoffs.

Ohhh...
I am just glad PBS does not show pro sports.

Cancel 2016.2
12-29-2008, 02:28 PM

and I am happy that the Chiefs sucked so bad that they will get the second draft pick in the NFL draft which assures them of a future QB of some quality, at least in theory.

they are not guaranteed the second pick. They have a coin flip with St. Louis to determine who goes second and who is third.

Side note... they will not draft a QB with their first pick.

What they should do....

1) Hire Pioli as GM... today. Make him an offer he cannot refuse.

2) Fire Herm, Hire Cowher

3) Trade LJ... hopefully some dumbass team will give up a first rounder for him.

4) Sign Derrick Ward from the Giants to replace LJ (I believe he is a free agent)

5) with their First round pick.... take Oher or Andre Smith as their future Left Tackle. Move Branden Albert to LG and Brian Waters to Center. Bring in Herb Taylor to replace McIntosh at RT and put Barry Richardson in at RG.

6) IF they get a first rounder for LJ... pick up Orakpo from TX or the best available DE with this pick. If they don't get a first rounder, use our second round pick on the best DE available.

7) IF they get the first rounder for LJ, then they should use their second round pick to take the best MLB available. If not, then do so with third round pick.

8) Round 4-7 take the best Offensive or Defensive linemen available at each of those spots.... regardless of positional needs.

Damocles
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm actually happy the Broncos stank it up. They sucked all year, they even sucked in most of their victories and really didn't deserve it. Had they been improving or something I may have been more excited and hopeful, but had they made it, it would have been on accident rather than on skill.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:52 AM
they are not guaranteed the second pick. They have a coin flip with St. Louis to determine who goes second and who is third.

Side note... they will not draft a QB with their first pick.

What they should do....

1) Hire Pioli as GM... today. Make him an offer he cannot refuse.

2) Fire Herm, Hire Cowher

3) Trade LJ... hopefully some dumbass team will give up a first rounder for him.

4) Sign Derrick Ward from the Giants to replace LJ (I believe he is a free agent)

5) with their First round pick.... take Oher or Andre Smith as their future Left Tackle. Move Branden Albert to LG and Brian Waters to Center. Bring in Herb Taylor to replace McIntosh at RT and put Barry Richardson in at RG.

6) IF they get a first rounder for LJ... pick up Orakpo from TX or the best available DE with this pick. If they don't get a first rounder, use our second round pick on the best DE available.

7) IF they get the first rounder for LJ, then they should use their second round pick to take the best MLB available. If not, then do so with third round pick.

8) Round 4-7 take the best Offensive or Defensive linemen available at each of those spots.... regardless of positional needs.

Andre Smith would be an excellent choice, the bastard.

I understand that these kids want to get the best deal when they go pro, but would it really hurt them to wait a week or so until they FINISH their fucking college season before they talk to agents????

SmarterthanYou
12-30-2008, 08:15 AM
well, I eagerly await what the Bears intend on doing to change the mindset of those who do everything in their power to lose on purpose.

Hopefully they'll pick up a free agent offensive lineman, two more defensive backs to plug up the injury gaps, and another WR. drop Rexxie, draft or free agent pick up a backup QB, resign orton.

Orton has the potential to be a great QB if he can get a more stable front line and a receiver with sticky hands.

The D has everything they need to be the #1 defense in the NFC if they can handle injury replacements.

Cancel 2016.2
12-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Andre Smith would be an excellent choice, the bastard.

I understand that these kids want to get the best deal when they go pro, but would it really hurt them to wait a week or so until they FINISH their fucking college season before they talk to agents????

I saw that last night. If I were Smith, the first thing I would do now is to let everyone know which agent and agency just screwed him. While Smith should have known better, the agent and agency should be outed. Because they definitely know better and who wants to bet they were talking about a lot of money, endorsements etc... that tempted the kid.

Chapdog
12-30-2008, 09:04 AM

after the pats franchise Matt castle they can trade him for the chiefs draft pick.

Cancel 2016.2
12-30-2008, 09:09 AM
after the pats franchise Matt castle they can trade him for the chiefs draft pick.

Not going to happen. The Chiefs are going to stick with the Thigpen experiment.

Side note... Its Matt CASSLE... not castle. You call yourself a Pats fan?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
I saw that last night. If I were Smith, the first thing I would do now is to let everyone know which agent and agency just screwed him. While Smith should have known better, the agent and agency should be outed. Because they definitely know better and who wants to bet they were talking about a lot of money, endorsements etc... that tempted the kid.

Yeah it pisses me off that the players, and more importantly, the colleges get all sorts of hell, while the agents get off scott free.

SmarterthanYou
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Side note... Its Matt CASSLE... not castle. You call yourself a Pats fan?

I thought it was CASSEL?

Cancel 2016.2
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I thought it was CASSEL?

It is. Damn typo. Figures.

Topspin
12-30-2008, 10:25 AM
The Bears ought to sign Cassle, they will NOT win big with Orten

SmarterthanYou
12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
The Bears ought to sign Cassle, they will NOT win big with Orten

i completely disagree. Orton isn't a superstar by any means, but he's intelligent and capable. The only thing he needs to be a consistently excellent QB is a receiver with good hands and a bit stronger offensive line.

The two things really hurting the bears are injuries and good players to back up the injured ones.

Minister of Truth
12-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Why the fuck do you ever post in a sports thread? Just to keep your numbers up?

DigitalDave
12-30-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm wondering where McDaniels is going to go, if he's ready (I played ball with his brother and his father was my coach). By the way, if you sign Pioli you can't have Cowher too. Cowher wants control if he does come back.

KC does need to draft OL, in their better days they were known for having one of the best OL's in the league.

Damocles
12-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Why the fuck do you ever post in a sports thread? Just to keep your numbers up?
Because he thinks it makes him look cooler to say how much he doesn't care. It's like a Goth teen pointing out how pointless whatever you think is fun might be...

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 04:50 AM
Because he thinks it makes him look cooler to say how much he doesn't care. It's like a Goth teen pointing out how pointless whatever you think is fun might be...

Now that was funny.

Topspin
12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
it was funny, He's a Goth Grandfather pissing on everyones parade. Never offers a plan just drops by to shit on every party.

Topspin
12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Please pull up orton's QB ratings compared to the top guys.

Topspin
12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
KC needs a QB too, I can't believe they thought that chump from BAMA was the answer. Maybe they will draft John Parker Wilson Next. Prob not they fired the GM.

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 08:18 AM
KC needs a QB too, I can't believe they thought that chump from BAMA was the answer. Maybe they will draft John Parker Wilson Next. Prob not they fired the GM.

Yeah, I was amazed to see that KC drafted our guy. I thought it meant they only planned to throw 2 or 3 passes a game, and wanted to keep the team doctor busy.

Topspin
12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I think Bama is going to pull a Ga over Ha on Utah. At least I hope so.
Roll tide

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 08:25 AM
I think Bama is going to pull a Ga over Ha on Utah. At least I hope so.
Roll tide

I hope so too. But with our star OLineman out, I am nervous.

Roll Tide, my friend!

Damocles
12-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Shanahan has been sacked. Bring on Cowher...!

Topspin
12-31-2008, 08:49 AM
He tried to wear to many hats, I was surprised he got canned.
How is Marvin Lewis who wins 2 out of 10 not fired, but 2x superbowl champ Shannahan is.

SmarterthanYou
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Please pull up orton's QB ratings compared to the top guys.

why? I told you he's not a superstar, but he is capable of being a damn fine QB. All he needs to be in the top 1/3 is a sticky handed receiver and another solid Guard.

Topspin
12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
dude stop drinking the cool aid.
Orten is ranked 25th, he needs 3 recievers 2 ol men, and a new arm to get into the top ten.

SmarterthanYou
12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
he's ranked 25th because he didn't wait the extra week after his ankle inury, Hester can't consistently catch the ball, and brandon lloyd can't stop getting injured. They need a backup for Tait and a new guard, preferably a free agent with experience.

call it cool aid if you like, but next year orton will be in the top 12

DigitalDave
12-31-2008, 11:11 AM
He tried to wear to many hats, I was surprised he got canned.
How is Marvin Lewis who wins 2 out of 10 not fired, but 2x superbowl champ Shannahan is.

Surprisingly, Lewis isn't that bad of a coach, it's just he's got a bunch of jailbirds on his team. Here in Cleveland and Pittsburgh, we say 'Who dey gonna arrest next?!'

Topspin
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
top twelve will have the bears watching the playoffs at home again.
Lewis lets it all happen by being the most undiscplined coach EVER.