PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner

maineman
12-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Tonight, my wife and I will have my 34 year old son and his new girlfriend, my 22 year old son and his girlfriend, and my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend all join us for Christmas dinner. The menu:

Standing rib roast encrusted with a garlic/horseradish paste
roasted new potatoes and brussel sprouts
garlic baguette
bibb lettuce/candied pecan/pear/bleu cheese salad
warm dark chocolate tortes

Merry Christmas to all!!

Cancel3
12-25-2008, 07:13 PM
My wife and daughter and I just finished Xmas dinner.

The turkey was seasoned to perfection with a crispy skin.

Mashed potatos, fried okra, collard greens (her family tradition), the best giblet gravy ever, and a tossed salad.

Being the proper southern family, we all had sweet tea as well.

Annie
12-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Man I'm so full, shouldn't be talking about food. Burp. Salad, Ribeye roast, roasted potatoes, garlic roasted asparagus, baked apples, and cheesecake. I only ate half of the apple and skipped the cheesecake, I'm still comatosed.

maineman
12-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all, and to all an good night!

Damocles
12-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Merry Christmas folks.

I had a new recipe for sweet potatoes (not the same thing as potatoes, I"m not allergic to them) this year that was very "cinnamony" according to my daughter. Of course it was, there was cinnamon in the recipe.

We went for the standard this year rather than my usual fare. We had turkey and ham (for the meat eaters), mac and cheese, caulimash, sweet potatoes, I made mashed taters for the folks who are not allergic and who don't mind the carbs, and an eggplant parmesan for us vegetarians...

I cooked for about 45 people over at my sister's place.

Dixie - In Memoriam
12-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Cajun-style fried turkey, my mom's incomparable dressing (with giblet gravy) and 'Senator Russell' sweet potato casserole, my sister's green bean casserole, mac & cheese, cranberry sauce, yeast rolls, sweet tea... oh, and cherry cheesecake and pecan pie.

Merry Christmas to all, from Dixie.

DamnYankee
12-26-2008, 08:31 AM
I let the kids decide, ham or steak, and they chose steak. :)

Also my wife's sweet potato pie and a bottle of bubbly.

uscitizen
12-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I am still bloated and do not expect to recover till next year.

been raining for days here, nothing to do but loaf and eat :D

evince
12-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Had Turkey last night and ham on Christmas eve. The guys live for the sandwiches afterwards. I always end up making turkey enchiladas at some point. They are my favorite part. I have candy coming out of my ears and am thiking of freezing some and pulling it out for my superbowl party.

Cancel3
12-26-2008, 10:32 AM
The rest of the house is still asleep. I just finished two turkey sandwiches on wheat. Mmmm

There is something about cold turkey on a sandwich that is manna from heaven.

evince
12-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Turkey sandwiches are a yummy thing for sure.

Soft wheat bread, salt and lots of miracle whip.

Damocles
12-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Make turkey noodle soup.

Use the ham in clam chowder.

Cancel3
12-26-2008, 10:44 AM

Desh, you just described my breakfast! (and a cup of strong black coffee to wash it down)

evince
12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Make turkey noodle soup.

Use the ham in clam chowder.

I love soups , my knuckleheads not so much.

They like this ham and rice dish I make and my hubby lives for spiral sliced ham sandwiches.

The turkey is easy because we all love the sandwiches and then the enchiladas use up a good deal. My dog loves it too. My silly little hound is not a pork eater. I think maybe she came from a Jewish family?:cof1:

Damocles
12-26-2008, 10:48 AM
I can pretty much make anything that is a soup or a sauce. I can cook anything at all well, but I am what some call an artist at soups and sauces...

Cancel3
12-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I love soups , my knuckleheads not so much.

They like this ham and rice dish I make and my hubby lives for spiral sliced ham sandwiches.

The turkey is easy because we all love the sandwiches and then the enchiladas use up a good deal. My dog loves it too. My silly little hound is not a pork eater. I think maybe she came from a Jewish family?:cof1:

Our little beast had his first taste of turkey last night. He was shaking he was so excited.

Being a 9 week old puppy, he sleeps a lot. He was half asleep in my daughter's hands when I stuck my fingers under his nose (I had been stripping the meat off the turkey). He woke up and turned into the ferocious little thing he was bred to be. No teeth, but he would have licked the skin off my fingers if I had let him.

evince
12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I can pretty much make anything that is a soup or a sauce. I can cook anything at all well, but I am what some call an artist at soups and sauces...

They are so fun too, its like a tastebud driven science experiment.

I love them but they just think its a waste of the left overs.

evince
12-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Our little beast had his first taste of turkey last night. He was shaking he was so excited.

Being a 9 week old puppy, he sleeps a lot. He was half asleep in my daughter's hands when I stuck my fingers under his nose (I had been stripping the meat off the turkey). He woke up and turned into the ferocious little thing he was bred to be. No teeth, but he would have licked the skin off my fingers if I had let him.

There is something about turkey that they all just love.

My old boy (whos gone now) Hank would spend the whole turkey cooking time wandering the house sniffing the air. He was sooooo cute. I envy you , I havent had a puppy in so long.

Cancel3
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Did some shopping today and came home to enjoy some drinking chocolate. It has been a LONG time since I have had drinking chocolate (as opposed to instant hot cocoa)

Battleborne
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Tonight, my wife and I will have my 34 year old son and his new girlfriend, my 22 year old son and his girlfriend, and my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend all join us for Christmas dinner. The menu:

garlic baguette

Merry Christmas to all!!

Went to the daughters house for Christmas dinner...she had rib roast and Ham with pineapple...mashed taters,gravy,green beans with Mushroom & onion topping(casserole)sweet potatoes,heineken beer,hot buttered rolls and apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert...was great to not have to cook for the flock for once...had a great Christmas!:)

maineman
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Went to the daughters house for Christmas dinner...she had rib roast and Ham with pineapple...mashed taters,gravy,green beans with Mushroom & onion topping(casserole)sweet potatoes,heineken beer,hot buttered rolls and apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert...was great to not have to cook for the flock for once...had a great Christmas!:)

sounds yummy. Merry Christmas to you BB.... let's let bygones be bygones between us, OK?

uscitizen
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Belch! I am tired of turkey for a while. Put the rest in the freezer.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 10:41 AM
sounds yummy. Merry Christmas to you BB.... let's let bygones be bygones between us, OK? Don't buy it BB. Let your guard down for a second and this guy will put a knife in your back.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Don't buy it BB. Let your guard down for a second and this guy will put a knife in your back.

But it will be a virtual knife, which doesn't do any real damage.

Why not let someone mend fences without antagonizing them? I think BB is a big boy and can handle his own affairs.

Must you continue to try and keep the shit going??

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
But it will be a virtual knife, which doesn't do any real damage.... So you wouldn't be offended if I suggested that you had anal intercourse with your young son? :cool:

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 11:53 AM
So you wouldn't be offended if I suggested that you had anal intercourse with your young son? :cool:

I didn't say it wasn't an insult. I said it wasn't damaging.

But since you ask, no I wouldn't be insulted. I am a great Dad. That you try to attak that would just be a sign of your ignorance not a reflection on me.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I didn't say it wasn't an insult. I said it wasn't damaging. .... I consider an attack on my family's honor to be well out of line, permanently damaging the reputation of he who fired the insult, and totally unforgivable by he who was attacked.

evince
12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Don't buy it BB. Let your guard down for a second and this guy will put a knife in your back.

wow , you are just a really special little guy arent you?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I consider an attack on my family's honor to be well out of line, permanently damaging the reputation of he who fired the insult, and totally unforgivable by he who was attacked.

And by perpetuating this feud you are making sure that even more people know you were once accused of diddling your young son.

I would never have know it, and I am sure that many people on this board would never have known it.

So by giving the attack on your family's honor a greater audience, aren't you as guilty as he is of damaging your family's honor?

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
wow , you are just a really special little guy arent you? Actually, I'm a special, medium sized guy. Tall, but not too tall, athletic, and brutally handsome. :)

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 12:57 PM
And by perpetuating this feud you are making sure that even more people know you were once accused of diddling your young son.

I would never have know it, and I am sure that many people on this board would never have known it.

So by giving the attack on your family's honor a greater audience, aren't you as guilty as he is of damaging your family's honor?

That's like saying that a rapist shouldn't confront her attacker in open court.

evince
12-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never harm you.

Rape is a crime of violence and not comparable with verbal insults.

Battleborne
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Hey It's the Christmas season and a new year around the corner...I will always disagree with Mainemans political stances and military view but alas I will still wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...who knows maybe some will see the light!:clink:

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 01:28 PM

Rape is a crime of violence and not comparable with verbal insults. Then let me revise my argument: That's like saying one shouldn't confront a slanderer in open court.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Then let me revise my argument: That's like saying one shouldn't confront a slanderer in open court.

The reason you confront a slanderer in open court is to prosecute him.

This is not prosecution. This is perpetuating the issue and letting more people know about it, without any punishment going towards anyone.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Rape is a crime of violence and not comparable with verbal insults.

waterstain, darla and grind think rape is funny and a joke

uscitizen
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Actually, I'm a special, medium sized guy. Tall, but not too tall, athletic, and brutally handsome. :)

so? All men on the net are that way.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
The reason you confront a slanderer in open court is to prosecute him.

This is not prosecution. This is perpetuating the issue and letting more people know about it, without any punishment going towards anyone. Letting people know the truth about someone is how you prosecute someone on a message board. So far its worked quite well on three boards now. Each one he's brought up the subject, by the way.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Letting people know the truth about someone is how you prosecute someone on a message board. So far its worked quite well on three boards now. Each one he's brought up the subject, by the way.

And what is it that has happened here?

How has he been punished?

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
And what is it that has happened here?

How has he been punished? Anyone who has read the thread beginning here (http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=369347&postcount=1) would see that he was exposed for his true self, as well as his antics on other boards.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Anyone who has read the thread beginning here (http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=369347&postcount=1) would see that he was exposed for his true self, as well as his antics on other boards.

And anyone reading your feud on at least 3 threads knows you were accused of being a child molester.

Doesn't seem like you have made much progress.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
And anyone reading your feud on at least 3 threads knows you were accused of being a child molester.

Doesn't seem like you have made much progress.
Actually I've made great progress. I've since learned is real name, home address, home phone number, and have links to his church, where he is a interim pastor, as well as his photograph. I've also learned that he changed his moniker several times on a BB that I used to frequent, and had to leave that board in shame after some posters contacted his fellow parishioners and exposed his double life full of disgusting, hateful and baseless accusations.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Actually I've made great progress. I've since learned is real name, home address, home phone number, and have links to his church, where he is a interim pastor, as well as his photograph. I've also learned that he changed his moniker several times on a BB that I used to frequent, and had to leave that board in shame after some posters contacted his fellow parishioners and exposed his double life full of disgusting, hateful and baseless accusations.

You are advocating or considering using his personal information to take an online feud into real life and screw up his career??

And you are talking about defending your honor?? What honor? That is despicable.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
You are advocating or considering using his personal information to take an online feud into real life and screw up his career??

And you are talking about defending your honor?? What honor? That is despicable.
I didn't do it. I am, however, amused that he pissed off the wrong person. It had to have happened sooner or later, and couldn't have happened to a better person.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I didn't do it. I am, however, amused that he pissed off the wrong person. It had to have happened sooner or later, and couldn't have happened to a better person.

Wrong person?

Exactly what is it that you plan to do with his real name, home address, home phone and the name of his employer? What, that you would consider honorable, could you do with this info??

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Wrong person?

Exactly what is it that you plan to do with his real name, home address, home phone and the name of his employer? What, that you would consider honorable, could you do with this info?? The fact that I've got all that information has changed his attitude dramatically. Anyone who has been harmed by him and can prove it can also PM me and obtain the info. :)

maineman
12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Wrong person?

Exactly what is it that you plan to do with his real name, home address, home phone and the name of his employer? What, that you would consider honorable, could you do with this info??

Hey...

this should stop. I apologize for ever implying or hinting at the the fact that southern man did anything untoward with his kids. I did so once, a long time ago after he had accused me of being a liar when I wasn't. I used an attack that toby and dixie had used against me along time ago and I am ashamed for having done so. It was wrong. I have no reason to belive that southern man is anything other than a wonderful caring and loving father. I came back to this board after a long absence and the very first thing that southern man does is call me a liar when I am not and did not... and the first thing I did was react and insinuate sexual misconduct on his part as a retaliation for his calling me a liar. I dunno... for me, being called a liar is the most offensive thing anyone could ever say, and when someone calls me that, I guess my first and immediate reaction is to respond by attacking them with the most offensive thing from their perspective. So... once and for all: Southern man, or Yadkin or Glockmail or whatever he choses to call himself, has given me no reason to believe that he is anything other than a good father to his children. He has called me a liar, which I am not, and that had pissed me off to the point that I reacted inappropriately and for that, I apologize.

I will not, however, hold my breath and wait for an apology from HIM. I am the better man and I can sleep easy knowing that.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:37 PM
The fact that I've got all that information has changed his attitude dramatically. Anyone who has been harmed by him and can prove it can also PM me and obtain the info. :)

You are messing with someone's real life here, SM. You giving that info away could result in someone vandalizing him home or doing violence to his person. Putting his career in jeopardy is not a joke.

This is crossing a line. There are lots of internet trolls and jerks online. It goes with the territory. But to take those internet insults and turn them into actual harm in the real world is about as dishonorable as it gets.

It is risking someone's livelihood and life over your bruised ego.

If you see honnor in that, then we have very different definitions of the word.

maineman
12-30-2008, 07:42 PM
You are messing with someone's real life here, SM. You giving that info away could result in someone vandalizing him home or doing violence to his person. Putting his career in jeopardy is not a joke.

This is crossing a line. There are lots of internet trolls and jerks online. It goes with the territory. But to take those internet insults and turn them into actual harm in the real world is about as dishonorable as it gets.

If you see honnor in that, then we have very different definitions of the word.

you are complaining after the horse has already left the barn... whether provided by southern man or someone else, SOMEONE has already contacted my employer and put my continued employment at risk. I do not think it was southern man who did so, but I do not know for certain... it may very well have been yurt, who was the first person to announce his knowledge of my identity and my employer. It doesn't matter.... it is all a terribly inappropriate consequence of internet discussions.... very sad...very sad indeed.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey...

this should stop. I apologize for ever implying or hinting at the the fact that southern man did anything untoward with his kids. I did so once, a long time ago after he had accused me of being a liar when I wasn't. I used an attack that toby and dixie had used against me along time ago and I am ashamed for having done so. It was wrong. I have no reason to belive that southern man is anything other than a wonderful caring and loving father. I came back to this board after a long absence and the very first thing that southern man does is call me a liar when I am not and did not... and the first thing I did was react and insinuate sexual misconduct on his part as a retaliation for his calling me a liar. I dunno... for me, being called a liar is the most offensive thing anyone could ever say, and when someone calls me that, I guess my first and immediate reaction is to respond by attacking them with the most offensive thing from their perspective. So... once and for all: Southern man, or Yadkin or Glockmail or whatever he choses to call himself, has given me no reason to believe that he is anything other than a good father to his children. He has called me a liar, which I am not, and that had pissed me off to the point that I reacted inappropriately and for that, I apologize.

I will not, however, hold my breath and wait for an apology from HIM. I am the better man and I can sleep easy knowing that.

so why did you lie about not accusing him of molestation?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Total bullshit

Anyone who cannot handle insults, trolling or ugly arguments has no business being on this forum.

To the guys (and I am including both sides) involved in this feud, if you are not man enough to fight fire with fire and keep an internet battle online, then you are not worth your tiny jockstrap.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
you are complaining after the horse has already left the barn... whether provided by southern man or someone else, SOMEONE has already contacted my employer and put my continued employment at risk. I do not think it was southern man who did so, but I do not know for certain... it may very well have been yurt, who was the first person to announce his knowledge of my identity and my employer. It doesn't matter.... it is all a terribly inappropriate consequence of internet discussions.... very sad...very sad indeed.

liar, you have told people you do not believe it was me....

i was not the first person either, another lie

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:49 PM

Why does ANYONE think a lie online (amoung people who do not know each other in real life) is a valid reason for screwing up someone's real life??

This is completely unacceptable. This is the lowest thing I could imagine.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Why does ANYONE think a lie online (amoung people who do not know each other in real life) is a valid reason for screwing up someone's real life??

This is completely unacceptable. This is the lowest thing I could imagine.

wtf? i never said that...

MM already knows i don't support ruining anyone's livelihood......he begged me to do it, said i would be a nutless pussy if i didn't...he is lucky i have more character than he does...

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Well someone has. And at least one other person has bragged about having all his personal info.

You are right, anyone doing that would be a nutless piece of shit.

This bullshit feud is getting out of hand.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Well someone has. And at least one other person has bragged about having all his personal info.

You are right, anyone doing that would be a nutless piece of shit.

This bullshit feud is getting out of hand.

i actually wonder if MM is full of crap about this alleged outing...there a few who believe that he made the whole thing up...he gets the board owner to change his username, comes back as someone else and repeatedly claims not to be mfm...when no one believes him, he leaves...

i woudl be careful about believing whether anyone said anything to his employer

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey...

this should stop. I apologize for ever implying or hinting at the the fact that southern man did anything untoward with his kids. I did so once, a long time ago after he had accused me of being a liar ..... This is a lie as well. What ticked you off the first time was losing a political debate. It's also a piss-poor excuse for bringing an innocent family member into a conversation.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:07 PM

If you see honnor in that, then we have very different definitions of the word. Maineman should have thought of that before he brought my young son into this. Its not my ego, but my family honor. I he happens to piss off the wrong person by employing the same or similar tactics then so be it.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Obviously, because he's a liar. :clink:

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Total bullshit

Anyone who cannot handle insults, trolling or ugly arguments has no business being on this forum.

To the guys (and I am including both sides) involved in this feud, if you are not man enough to fight fire with fire and keep an internet battle online, then you are not worth your tiny jockstrap.
It appears that it may be you who cannot handle the battle.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
i actually wonder if MM is full of crap about this alleged outing...there a few who believe that he made the whole thing up...he gets the board owner to change his username, comes back as someone else and repeatedly claims not to be mfm...when no one believes him, he leaves...

i woudl be careful about believing whether anyone said anything to his employer True, with all the lies that he's told as well as his colorful imagination, anything is possible. Maybe he's in a feud with his neighbor and pretending to be him, then leaking info from another source.

Damocles
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
The fact that I've got all that information has changed his attitude dramatically. Anyone who has been harmed by him and can prove it can also PM me and obtain the info. :)
Let's just keep the private information private. Seriously. I really don't need to read about our members in the newspaper in some negative fashion.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
....Southern man, or Yadkin or Glockmail or whatever he choses to call himself,...... So I see you've been introduced to the new board. We have a special invite only section specifically in your honor. :cof1:

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Let's just keep the private information private. Seriously. I really don't need to read about our members in the newspaper in some negative fashion.
PMs are, by definition, private. Is the tool salesman liable for what the purchaser chooses to do with it?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
It appears that it may be you who cannot handle the battle.

No I can't. I have a great deal of difficulty with anyone employing potentially violent tactics over internet insults.

I have a great deal of difficulty letting people gang up on a single person.

I have a great deal of difficulty letting a big person pick on a smaller one.

And I have a great deal of difficulty letting someone take a baseball bat to an unarmed man.

Stepping up to stop those things are what I would consider honorable. Certainly not backstabbing someone with personal info spread around the internet because of online insults.

Screwing up someone's career or putting personal information in people's hands that would potentially get someone hurt over an internet insult is just cowardly bullshit.

No SM, its a bruised ego. Your family's honor was completely untouched by whatever accusations he made. You just got pissed off about it.

Damocles
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
It would depend on how it is advertised.

For instance:

Two different gun sellers.

One sells in a shop, with the background checks et al.

The second sells only to thugs he knows won't turn him in from his trunk and advertises them as "clean" or unused in a crime as of yet as well as "unmarked" (serials removed).

Who would be more responsible when their customer did something bad to somebody else with the tool they purchased?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
PMs are, by definition, private. Is the tool salesman liable for what the purchaser chooses to do with it?

Tool salesman? This is not about selling tools. This is about you giving out personal information so that you can feel that you got your revenge in some petty, snivelling ass way.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM

No SM, its a bruised ego. Your family's honor was completely untouched by whatever accusations he made. You just got pissed off about it. Not in my opinion.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I like revenge. It's vastly underrated. :)

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Not in my opinion.

How was your family's honor effected?? The person he insulted does not have your name, your family is completely unaware of his insult, and it was on an internet forum by someone who has never met you.

For that you are bragging that you will send his personal info to anyone who can show he harmed them??

So anyone with similar insults gets his personal data?

Thats just chickenshit, and you know it.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I like revenge. It's vastly underrated. :)

But not revenge that you handle yourself? Just revenge by giving out his personal information??

You call that honorable? I call it cowardly.

Damocles
12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
The best revenge is to live well.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Uh oh, I called you a coward. How does that sit with your family honor?

Are you going to try and get my personal info and share it? Perhaps try and get my employer's name and report me???

Yep, thats the manly thing to do.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
The best revenge is to live well. I suspect that's what pissed him off as well.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
The best revenge is to live well.

I apologize to you, Damo. I shouldn't have gotten so pissed and shouldn't have vented it on your site.

I just have a low tolerance for this sort of crap.

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Uh oh, I called you a coward. How does that sit with your family honor?

You're harmless. Just don't do anything too stupid.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
You're harmless. Just don't do anything too stupid.

Oh, so calling you a coward is ok and doesn't harm your family honor?

Is it a veiled threat or backing off when you say "Just don't do anything too stupid"?

DamnYankee
12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
This is like watching a toy poodle continue to bark as I go into its owners house and drink all his beer.

Damocles
12-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I apologize to you, Damo. I shouldn't have gotten so pissed and shouldn't have vented it on your site.

I just have a low tolerance for this sort of crap.
Not a problem. The site is partially to allow people to vent without going too far.

It does go too far when it crosses over to RL.

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
This is like watching a toy poodle continue to bark as I go into its owners house and drink all his beer.

I can assure you, I am no toy poodle. Maybe thats why your "family honor" is not bothered when I call you names?

Cancel3
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
It does go too far when it crosses over to RL.

I agree with you there, Damo.

maineman
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Again...I am sorry to SM for ever insinuating anything about his children.... I am sorry...I am sorry... I am sorry.

I have you on ignore so that your calling me a liar for no good reason will not cause me to react inappropriately in the future.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
you did lie...you said you did not accuse him of molestation and you now admit you did...

really pathetic

DamnYankee
12-31-2008, 07:36 AM
I can assure you, I am no toy poodle. Maybe thats why your "family honor" is not bothered when I call you names? You can *yip yip* call me any name that your little heart *yip yip* can think of. Involve my family in this though, *yip yip* and you've crossed the line.

DamnYankee
12-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Again...I am sorry to SM for ever insinuating anything about his children.... I am sorry...I am sorry... I am sorry.

I have you on ignore so that your calling me a liar for no good reason will not cause me to react inappropriately in the future.

Too little too late; sinners must repent.

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 07:42 AM
You can *yip yip* call me any name that your little heart *yip yip* can think of. Involve my family in this though, *yip yip* and you've crossed the line.

Hmmm, so he made insinuations that you molested your son, and you go ballistic and hold the grudge. But I call you a coward and you let it go?

Sounds to me like you prefer your revenge against less threatening people. I guess that would be the safer way to do it.

I think that also does something else. It proves my accusations. Which would also explain a lot.

Works for me.

DamnYankee
12-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Hmmm, so he made insinuations that you molested your son, and you go ballistic and hold the grudge. But I call you a coward and you let it go?

Sounds to me like you prefer your revenge against less threatening people. I guess that would be the safer way to do it.

I think that also does something else. It proves my accusations. Which would also explain a lot.

Works for me.
The Southern Man doesn't go "ballistic"; he gets even. He is also not bothered by mere insults to his own person; in fact, considers them points taken from a lesser man.

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 07:49 AM
The Southern Man doesn't go "ballistic"; he gets even. He is also not bothered by mere insults to his own person; in fact, considers them points taken from a lesser man.

LMAO!

Ok, so the insinuation that you diddled your son would have been an insult to who? Your son would have been the victim of a molester, so it was not an insult to him. Your wife, as far as I know, was not mentioned at all. So it seems that the insult would have been aimed at you alone.

Funny how some men act all tough when they know they can get away with it, and yet act all contrite when another man steps into the picture. Yep, that figures.

DamnYankee
12-31-2008, 07:52 AM
All I see *yip yip* is a toy poodle. :)

Cancel3
12-31-2008, 07:57 AM
All I see *yip yip* is a toy poodle. :)

Good brave words from the safety of the other side of the fence.

Yep, if you repeat them often enough you might even start to believe them.

Mott the Hoople
01-02-2009, 03:26 PM

garlic baguette

Merry Christmas to all!!

Normally I do a standing rib roast for X-mas dinner too.

This year I did a very non-traditional Christmas dinner.

I served;

Asian style braized Ox Tails on a bed of jasmine thai rice.
Thai shrimp pasta salad.
Broiled baby bok choy as the vegetable.
for appetizers I served rumaki (chicken livers wraped in water chestnuts and bacon and broiled till crisp) and lumpias (Filipino style spring rolls).

I served a chilled Dornfelder Reinhessen red wine that was simply to die for.

Merry Christmas! :)

Cancel3
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Normally I do a standing rib roast for X-mas dinner too.

This year I did a very non-traditional Christmas dinner.

I served;

Asian style braized Ox Tails on a bed of jasmine thai rice.
Thai shrimp pasta salad.
Broiled baby bok choy as the vegetable.
for appetizers I served rumaki (chicken livers wraped in water chestnuts and bacon and broiled till crisp) and lumpias (Filipino style spring rolls).

I served a chilled Dornfelder Reinhessen red wine that was simply to die for.

Merry Christmas! :)

Can I come to your house next christmas?? I'll bring a nice gift.

Demwit
01-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Frech Kilt Possum brisket, Grits, Chitlins, red eye gravy and corn pone.
Yum Yum!
You Yankees jest don't know how to eat.

And afterwards snort some red likker and shoot shotguns at the moon.

Now that is a reel Christmas Eatin.

Mott the Hoople
01-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Frech Kilt Possum brisket, Grits, Chitlins, red eye gravy and corn pone.
Yum Yum!
You Yankees jest don't know how to eat.

And afterwards snort some red likker and shoot shotguns at the moon.

Now that is a reel Christmas Eatin.

Sounds like a recipe for bypass surgery.

Southern cooking is tasty but deadly. If it aint breaded and deep fried, it's meat! LOL

Mott the Hoople
01-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Can I come to your house next christmas?? I'll bring a nice gift.

How bout this summer when I break out the BBQ grill? Ox tails are a cut of meat most folks doen't appreciate. Around here their used mostly for soup stock (don't get me wrong...they make great soup stock).

Ox tails are great for braising because of all the gelatin they make (which makes for incredible sauces and gravies).

The asian style is really simple to make too.

Just brown 4 to 5 lbs of oxtails in a large pot. Drain grease and deglaze pot with 1 cup red wine. Let wine reduce by about half and add 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 1 can beef broth and 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3-4 clove garlic, 4-6 x 1/4" slices fresh ginger, 3 green onions sliced into 2" pieces and 4 stems of lemon grass (bruised).

Return Ox tails to the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is fork tender. Remove Ox tails to a large casserole dish. Strain braising liquid, to remove solids, into a bowl and put bowl in the fridge till the grease congeals on top (I prepare a day in advance of serving). Remove the grease and throw it away (now it's heart healthy) the broth will have become a gelatin (that's a very good sign, lots of flavor and nutrition in that gelatin.).

Gently warm up broth and pour over Oxtails and add about 6 oz of sliced shitake mushrooms. Place into a 350 deg oven for 45 minutes. Baste meat about every 10 minutes. When done garnish with the juice of 1 lime and sliced green onion.

Serve meat over a bed of jasmine thai rice. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over meat and rice. (I wouldn't worry about having left overs!:-)

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Good brave words from the safety of the other side of the fence.

Yep, if you repeat them often enough you might even start to believe them.
Safety from what? I have ear plugs.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Safety from what? I have ear plugs.

Then come on into the yard and see what happens? lmao

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Then come on into the yard and see what happens? lmao
Wow you sound like a tough little puppy.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow you sound like a tough little puppy.

And you sound like a man who is trying to justify acting like a badass towards someone he thought he could bully, and then acting like a coward when faced with a man he couldn't bully.

I think you have proven my point quite well. Yellow looks good on you.

How is that "family honor" feeling now?

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
And you sound like a man who is trying to justify acting like a badass towards someone he thought he could bully, and then acting like a coward when faced with a man he couldn't bully.

I think you have proven my point quite well. Yellow looks good on you.

How is that "family honor" feeling now? Again, you call yourself a tough guy, but all I see is a toy poodle, yipping, occasionally pissing on himself, hence the yellow is on you.

My family honor is intact.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Again, you call yourself a tough guy, but all I see is a toy poodle, yipping, occasionally pissing on himself, hence the yellow is on you.

My family honor is intact.

Funny, one guy makes a comment that amounts to innuendo and you are ready to take drastic steps to harm him in real life.

And I repeatedly call you a coward, and you call me a yipping dog.

lmao

Yep, I think you have proven my point quite well. Why is it that I are my words just words, but his words were attacks on your family honor??

And just as an FYI, I know the reason you don't want to try the same thing with me that you did with MM. Its because I just might be crazy enough to find you. And then you would find out who is who.

But you keep telling yourself that it was about family honor, and that my calling you a coward and a scared bully is not a slap to your honor.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
As I said earlier, you may say anything you wish about me. And again, all I see is a yipping toy poodle. :)

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
As I said earlier, you may say anything you wish about me. And again, all I see is a yipping toy poodle. :)

The more I talk with you the more I wonder if your rage was because you were found out rather than because you were falsely accused.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 07:06 PM
The more I talk with you the more I wonder if your rage was because you were found out rather than because you were falsely accused.Looks like little poodle is trying to find out where the line is. :cof1:

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks like little poodle is trying to find out where the line is. :cof1:

I haven't already crossed it? lol

I guess you have redrawn where the line is since your feud with MM.

Again, you have proved my point.

Whats wrong SM, not happy that I am questioning whether the allegations are true? Yep, I certainly do. Because you reacted with such violence to that, and yet not to having your honor and your bravery questioned.

Looks like MM happened upon the truth?

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
So if I am making the same accusations, would you like for me to let you know when I will be in Statesville NC again? I am there fairly often.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I haven't already crossed it? lol... I'm kinda slow. You need to be blunt instead of dancing around an insult like some sort of wimp.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
good lord solitary...why are you stooping to MM's level to prove a point that you simply cannot prove and really if you are the big man you claim to be, should never need to be proven....

why don't you come straight out and threaten SM if that is your intent, man up now...:rolleyes:

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
good lord solitary...why are you stooping to MM's level to prove a point that you simply cannot prove and really if you are the big man you claim to be, should never need to be proven....

why don't you come straight out and threaten SM if that is your intent, man up now...:rolleyes:

Because I despise bullies and internet wannabes. This jerk has threatened to pass someone's actual name, physical address, and phone number to anyone who can send him a private message claiming to have been harmed by MM. He has also offered to give out the name of MM's employer.

I have proven it quite clearly. He acted like such a tough guy when talking about MM. But when I called him all manner of names and questioned his honor he backs down.

Now when I basically say the same thing MM did, he is still dancing back.

He talked about wanting to expose MM. I simply returned the favor and exposed him as a coward. I showed anyone reading this thread that he is all talk and is a pussy when it comes right down to it.

His "family honor" is a joke.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm kinda slow. You need to be blunt instead of dancing around an insult like some sort of wimp.

Oh, so now you are the one having trouble with the english language?

It seems pretty simple to me.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh, so now you are the one having trouble with the english language?

It seems pretty simple to me. Be straight now big guy. :cof1:

http://www.sewing.circleofcrafters.com/coatgallerypic207.jpg

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
"The more I talk with you the more I wonder if your rage was because you were found out rather than because you were falsely accused"

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

And...

"Whats wrong SM, not happy that I am questioning whether the allegations are true? Yep, I certainly do. Because you reacted with such violence to that, and yet not to having your honor and your bravery questioned.

Looks like MM happened upon the truth?"

And you say you can't understand what I said?? Seems much clearer than what MM originally said.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
"The more I talk with you the more I wonder if your rage was because you were found out rather than because you were falsely accused"

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

And...

"Whats wrong SM, not happy that I am questioning whether the allegations are true? Yep, I certainly do. Because you reacted with such violence to that, and yet not to having your honor and your bravery questioned.

Looks like MM happened upon the truth?"

And you say you can't understand what I said?? Seems much clearer than what MM originally said.

Why let someone else's vagueness speak for you? Maybe you're just not up to it.

*yip yip*

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Why let someone else's vagueness speak for you? Maybe you're just not up to it.

*yip yip*

LMAO!! Thanks SM, you have been funny to play with.

I have proven what I wanted to prove. You are a bully and a wannabe. You are a coward and a pussy. And that has been shown quite clearly.

MM makes posts with innuendo and you go all badass. I call you a coward and say that MM was right, and you are still dancing backwards.

Like I said, yellow looks good on you.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_O8N0qZ4K_nM/SIn7nlMNZWI/AAAAAAAAAHo/oxnujN-yvQo/IMG_1040.JPG

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
LMAO!! Thanks SM, you have been funny to play with.

I have proven what I wanted to prove. You are a bully and a wannabe. You are a coward and a pussy. And that has been shown quite clearly.

MM makes posts with innuendo and you go all badass. I call you a coward and say that MM was right, and you are still dancing backwards.

Like I said, yellow looks good on you.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_O8N0qZ4K_nM/SIn7nlMNZWI/AAAAAAAAAHo/oxnujN-yvQo/IMG_1040.JPG

you know full well and MM admitted, that he actually made the accusation, it was NOT innuendo. do you deny that MM actually ever accused SM of the act you are dancing around?

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
you know full well and MM admitted, that he actually made the accusation, it was NOT innuendo. do you deny that MM actually ever accused SM of the act you are dancing around?

I haven't danced around anything. Reread what I said.

If Southernboy's "family honor" was so damaged by what MM said, and he is justified (as he claimed) in his harrassment and in his offer to give out personal information and possibly risk physical harm in the real world, then why is he just going with his poodle routine about me?

I can answer that for you. Its because southernboy is a coward, a bully, and is scared. And the accusations made by MM might be too close to home for him.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I haven't danced around anything. Reread what I said.

If Southernboy's "family honor" was so damaged by what MM said, and he is justified (as he claimed) in his harrassment and in his offer to give out personal information and possibly risk physical harm in the real world, then why is he just going with his poodle routine about me?

I can answer that for you. Its because southernboy is a coward, a bully, and is scared. And the accusations made by MM might be too close to home for him.

i do not see where you said the actually words like MM did. can you link me to the actual words i guess i missed it.

you accused SM of wanting to actually harm MM, now you are saying it is only possible physical harm...interestingly, while i think you have a point, you are missing the big picture. MM gave information on the internet about his profession and his church and then on this board he publically posts his town. it is all public knowledge. regardless, MM has personally threatened my home and family, told me if i ever come to maine i would leave on a fuckign gurney... so i think you really need to think about the "case" you are using to make your point.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
.... You are a coward and a pussy. .... Ding ding! Points scored by the Southern Man! :)

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
i do not see where you said the actually words like MM did. can you link me to the actual words i guess i missed it.

you accused SM of wanting to actually harm MM, now you are saying it is only possible physical harm...interestingly, while i think you have a point, you are missing the big picture. MM gave information on the internet about his profession and his church and then on this board he publically posts his town. it is all public knowledge. regardless, MM has personally threatened my home and family, told me if i ever come to maine i would leave on a fuckign gurney... so i think you really need to think about the "case" you are using to make your point.

This little party started when SM started talking about giving out MM's personal info. I have known of some seriously violent events that came about because of that sort of shit.

And I am not really defending MM. I am not very fond of him either.

I just love to expose internet bullies even more.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Ding ding! Points scored by the Southern Man! :)

I agree with MM who accused you of doing all sorts of things. I call you a coward and a pussy. And I expose your yellow streak for the world to see.

And the best you have got is "Ding ding! Points scored by the Southern Man!"

Thats the best you have got? lmao

ok, my work here is done.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM

I just love to expose internet bullies even more. You really should stop exposing yourself then. Might frighten little children and sensitive women. :(

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Thats the best you have got? ...... The insulter award points to he who was insulted. Those are standard debate rules as well as firmly established, by me, since I've been posting here. Thanks for playing.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
The insulter award points to he who was insulted. Those are standard debate rules as well as firmly established, by me, since I've been posting here. Thanks for playing.

You want to write your own rules?? Imagine that.

I bet they are different depending on whether the person is scared of you or not too, aren't they?

But ok, 100 Yellow points for you.

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
ok, my work here is done.

You want to write your own rules?? ......

Looks like I caught you in a lie as well. Mayne now you'll get hissy enough to man-up and stop dancing. :)

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
From Solitary's rep response: "Sorry, cowardice gets neg points. :)"

He's too stupid to realize that you need to actually have some rep power to give a negative point.

*yip yip*

:cof1:

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Looks like I caught you in a lie as well. Mayne now you'll get hissy enough to man-up and stop dancing. :)

Man up?? LMAO!! Coming from you that is hilarious.

Man up?

Look southernboy, I said I agreed with what MM said about you. And what was it he said?? Come on, you have been ranting about it for weeks, you know what he said.

Yep, looks like MM may have struck a nerve about you being a child molester.

And now what? Big enough to do something??

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I thought not.

LMAO!!!!!

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
*yip yip* :cof1:

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 10:18 PM
*yip yip* :cof1:

I guess that family honor isn't as important as you made it out to be.

lmao

DamnYankee
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I guess that family honor isn't as important as you made it out to be.

lmao

Apparently not for you, lying as you did back there.

By the way, I'm surprised that you have any ass left, 'laughing it off' as much as you have and all. Must have a lot of it.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Apparently not for you, lying as you did back there.

By the way, I'm surprised that you have any ass left, 'laughing it off' as much as you have and all. Must have a lot of it.

Come on, SM, you have been shown to be a coward and a fool. I have laughed at you over and over and the best you have is these cheesy insults.

Oh, does that give me points? Since you have stooped to insults?

I called you a child molester, a coward and now a fool. And you still just sit there.

You are like one of those tough guys who beats up his wife and then acts all contrite when men come around.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Come on, SM, you have been shown to be a coward and a fool. I have laughed at you over and over and the best you have is these cheesy insults.

Oh, does that give me points? Since you have stooped to insults?

I called you a child molester, a coward and now a fool. And you still just sit there.

You are like one of those tough guys who beats up his wife and then acts all contrite when men come around.

so you're gonna kick his ass or what tough guy....

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
so you're gonna kick his ass or what tough guy....

I'd be happy to let him try. I offered to tell him when I will be in his general vicinity. He didn't respond to my offer. So I am guessing that means isn't interested.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Let it go. This has to end somewhere. Let it end here and now.

Cancel3
01-04-2009, 11:13 PM

Ok, I will let it go. I know I shouldn't have baited him like I did.

As far as I am concerned its ended.

Damocles
01-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Ok, I will let it go. I know I shouldn't have baited him like I did.

As far as I am concerned its ended.
Thank you.

DamnYankee
01-05-2009, 07:27 AM
....the best you have is these cheesy insults..... No insult, just what I see when an internet tough guy makes hollow threats.

Did you just JPP break rule #11?

No threats folks. That can be illegal and if I allow them to continue it is possible for me to be held accountable... Rules of the Board! - Just Plain Politics! (http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?p=2#post2)

Perhaps a little time out is called for. :readit:

Cancel3
01-05-2009, 07:56 AM

We have been asked to let it end.

DamnYankee
01-05-2009, 09:45 AM
We have been asked to let it end. And you agreed to. Looks like I caught you in a second lie about that.