PDA

View Full Version : Want help getting more members?

witnesstheday
12-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Greetings political analysts (or should I say students!?) I was just looking at your member stats and wondering abut how you guys get new members...

I belong to 100s of different forums and I've found a lot of forums with 2000 to 3000 members, a minority of forums with 20,000 to 60,000 members and then a fair few with under 1000.

As a highly successful internet traffic-development consultant I can help you (entirely free of charge because I think more people need to discuss politics openly, rather than the countless wasted chat on sports, television and other mindless pastimes) come up with some clever ways to get more traffic to you.

So what methods do you use so far? I'll tell you what else you can do to get more members...

Damocles
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Generally I post in other boards with a link back to the site. However, I trend towards politics boards and people are usually pretty settled.

:dunno:

LadyT
12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I like having a private little corner in the internet. Logging on is like stepping into a virtual Cheers bar.....where everybody knows your name.

FUCK THE POLICE
12-29-2008, 04:45 PM
If we get a huge dump of meme's and little acorns swamping this site, like during the last time we had a huge inter-board migration, I would be angry. Most of the new idiots left after a while or stopped posting. It's very rare that we get a new member who's actually halfway worthwhile.

BRUTALITOPS
12-29-2008, 05:09 PM
It's very rare that we get a new member who's actually halfway worthwhile.

this is what everyone said when you showed up :)