PDA

View Full Version : USC going to Miami

cawacko
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
No, that's not happening but y'all know they should. The USC defense would shut down both Florida and Oklahoma (or as they are often affectionately refered to as Chokelahoma).

Minister of Truth
12-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Welcome to Miami

Mott the Hoople
12-07-2008, 08:35 AM
No, that's not happening but y'all know they should. The USC defense would shut down both Florida and Oklahoma (or as they are often affectionately refered to as Chokelahoma).

USC would beat OK handily....not so fast there Vern on Florida. They beat a great Alabama team with out there top offensive star. Florida is very capable of beating USC.

Cancel3
12-07-2008, 05:35 PM
USC would beat OK handily....not so fast there Vern on Florida. They beat a great Alabama team with out there top offensive star. Florida is very capable of beating USC.

I watched FL play speed football AND smashmouth football in one game. I am impressed. They would kill USC.

Topspin
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
usc is not even close to earning the right. Beat all the high school teams in the pac10 and 1 good non conf before you speak cawak-nazi

uscitizen
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I have been to Maimi a few times on business and have no intention of going back.

cawacko
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
usc is not even close to earning the right. Beat all the high school teams in the pac10 and 1 good non conf before you speak cawak-nazi

Floriday and USC each played three teams that finished in the Top 25. Alabama played two. Alabama played one final ranked team during its regular season. What kind of crap is that?

Cancel3
12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Floriday and USC each played three teams that finished in the Top 25. Alabama played two. Alabama played one final ranked team during its regular season. What kind of crap is that?

What kind of crap is that? I am guessing you are pissed about our ranking?

Or is it the scheduling that pisses you off?

When we started the season, we had no idea that all the tough teams we scheduled were going to turn into shit. Most of the time, scheduling GA, LSU, Clemson, Auburn, and Tennessee not be considered having a soft schedule.

If you are pissed because of our ranking, we started low and kept winning. Once we were up there they can't take us down because of what DOESN'T happn.

And just to make sure you have the stats right, there are three teams that Bama played that are ranked on the BSC poll. We beat two and lost to the #2 team in the nation (at least until the bowl, then we will have lost to the #1 team)

Who was it USC lost to again? I don't see them on the BCS poll. I do see Ole Miss at #25, and that was Florida's only loss.

cawacko
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
What kind of crap is that? I am guessing you are pissed about our ranking?

Or is it the scheduling that pisses you off?

When we started the season, we had no idea that all the tough teams we scheduled were going to turn into shit. Most of the time, scheduling GA, LSU, Clemson, Auburn, and Tennessee not be considered having a soft schedule.

If you are pissed because of our ranking, we started low and kept winning. Once we were up there they can't take us down because of what DOESN'T happn.

And just to make sure you have the stats right, there are three teams that Bama played that are ranked on the BSC poll. We beat two and lost to the #2 team in the nation (at least until the bowl, then we will have lost to the #1 team)

Who was it USC lost to again? I don't see them on the BCS poll. I do see Ole Miss at #25, and that was Florida's only loss.

I'm not pissed I was just responding to Topspin's comment regarding USC's strength of schedule (or lack there of).

Oregon State is ranked in the final AP Top 25. I didn't look at the BCS standings.

Florida's loss was at home while USC's was on the road but ultimately that is neither here nor there as USC should not have lost to Oregon State and have no one to blame but themselves.

The Pac 10 was down this year as Top pointed out however the SEC was down as well. Just my opinion that 'SC would hang with and beat Florida, OK, or Texas but it is purely projection as we are obviously not playing any of those teams.

Topspin
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
THE PAC 10 IS DOWN EVERY YEAR.
They are considered a joke by the rest of the country. When was the last time USC didn't win it 2 years in a row.
How many teams besides USC in the top ten. ZERO
AP is a bunch of toe-fu eating cali sports writers their poll is fit for the comedy channel.

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM

USC isn't even going to win against Penn State. Florida could hardly stop Alabama's offense. Oklahomas offensive line is better than Bamas, its receivers are better, its QB is better than Tebow and OK has a running game. Florida is going to have its hands full. Only time will tell for sure, but I think OK wins the title. To be split with TX who will beat the crap out of Ohio State. (a theme the Big 10 and Pac 10 should get used to)

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Oklahoma and TX each played FOUR of the top 19 in the BCS final standings.

cawacko
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
USC isn't even going to win against Penn State. Florida could hardly stop Alabama's offense. Oklahomas offensive line is better than Bamas, its receivers are better, its QB is better than Tebow and OK has a running game. Florida is going to have its hands full. Only time will tell for sure, but I think OK wins the title. To be split with TX who will beat the crap out of Ohio State. (a theme the Big 10 and Pac 10 should get used to)

Do you want to put money on the 'SC-Penn State game? If you are feeling in the generous giving mood I'd be glad to be a recipient.

Cancel3
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Not sure where you got that Oklahoma's O-Line is better than Alabama's. Most of the year I have been reading that Bama had one of the best O-lines in college football, and certainly have seen more who said Andre Smith was the best Lineman in college football. At least one scouting service has him picked to be the top player picked in the 2009 draft.

And if you think FL doesn't have a running game, you should have watched them play more. And FL's secondary will give you more trouble than you think. And they were the only team to stop our running game as well as they did.

I am betting that Florida beats OK by more than 21 pts.

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Not sure where you got that Oklahoma's O-Line is better than Alabama's. Most of the year I have been reading that Bama had one of the best O-lines in college football, and certainly have seen more who said Andre Smith was the best Lineman in college football. At least one scouting service has him picked to be the top player picked in the 2009 draft.

And if you think FL doesn't have a running game, you should have watched them play more. And FL's secondary will give you more trouble than you think. And they were the only team to stop our running game as well as they did.

I am betting that Florida beats OK by more than 21 pts.

1) First and foremost... I will gladly take OK and 21 points.... you name the amount.

2) I didn't mean to imply Florida didn't have a running game. I was simply stating that OK had one on top of the outstanding passing game they have.

3) Smith is arguably the best lineman in the country, I would agree with that. Oher is another you could argue legitimately. But the OK line as a whole is better than Bamas. Not a slight against Bama. They too have one of the best in the country. But Bradfords jersey is clean after every game.

4) Floridas secondary has not seen a passing attack the likes of Oklahomas. Bama is nowhere close to their level in passing.

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Do you want to put money on the 'SC-Penn State game? If you are feeling in the generous giving mood I'd be glad to be a recipient.

Sure, you giving up the ten points?

Cancel3
12-08-2008, 04:21 PM
1) First and foremost... I will gladly take OK and 21 points.... you name the amount.

2) I didn't mean to imply Florida didn't have a running game. I was simply stating that OK had one on top of the outstanding passing game they have.

3) Smith is arguably the best lineman in the country, I would agree with that. Oher is another you could argue legitimately. But the OK line as a whole is better than Bamas. Not a slight against Bama. They too have one of the best in the country. But Bradfords jersey is clean after every game.

4) Floridas secondary has not seen a passing attack the likes of Oklahomas. Bama is nowhere close to their level in passing.

Oh hell no, our passing game is just enough to keep the running game going great. No, I never claimed we were much of a passing attack team. Wilson is a good QB because he doesn't screw up or do dumb things (unlike Arenas), not because of his arm.

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh hell no, our passing game is just enough to keep the running game going great. No, I never claimed we were much of a passing attack team. Wilson is a good QB because he doesn't screw up or do dumb things (unlike Arenas), not because of his arm.

That is why I think OK wins. They have the passing attack to keep Florida from stacking the deck against the run and making the passing attack beat you. They did that to Bama won.... but were not able to blow them out.

Side note... you can't say 'wilson' ... you are apparently required to say 'John Parker Wilson' everytime you mention this kid.

Second side note... if you don't want to give me the 21 points, I'll settle for 20.5 :)

cawacko
12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Sure, you giving up the ten points?

Yeah.

Cancel3
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
That is why I think OK wins. They have the passing attack to keep Florida from stacking the deck against the run and making the passing attack beat you. They did that to Bama won.... but were not able to blow them out.

Side note... you can't say 'wilson' ... you are apparently required to say 'John Parker Wilson' everytime you mention this kid.

Second side note... if you don't want to give me the 21 points, I'll settle for 20.5 :)

Our passing game was not nonexistant, they didn't stack the line to beat us. They double covered Julio Jones too. The FL secondary is fast enough to allow the linebackers to blitz and still not have an open receiver.

Cancel 2016.2
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah.

dumbass.... ok, what do you want to wager...

cawacko
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
dumbass.... ok, what do you want to wager...

you tell me, you're the one who's going to lose. A new Ben Franklin is always nice but we are in tought economic times.