PDA

View Full Version : I think I met "The One"

Beefy
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
But she lives in LA. And I live in Hawaii.

Synopsis:
My last night in LA for the holiday weekend, I decide to call my friends Todd and Helen and see f they want to head to the Corbin Bowl for Karaoke night as I've been doing since 1997. So they agree and say they have this really cool friend that wants to hang out too. So all systems go. I got there early, and hung around a bit and then I get the call that they're in the parking lot. Helen wanted to snap in the car so I got in the back seat only to see a total, gorgeous goddess back there with me. It was instant, instant chemistry. The whole night we danced, laughed, and had a couple of PG-13 moments and we are totally diggin each other. She's literally the girl I've dreamed of my whole life, but she lives 2,700 miles away. Funny how I couldn't meet her here isn't it?

Life goes on.

Damocles
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Buy her a plane ticket.

FUCK THE POLICE
12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
[ ] interested in Beefy's personal life
[x] not interested in Beefy's personal life

Minister of Truth
12-03-2008, 02:32 AM
In case you missed this post on the other thread, Beefy:

Here's some useful information.

YouTube - How to remove a bra with just one click of fingers

Cancel3
12-03-2008, 05:06 AM
So you spend money on plane tickets, phone calls and the internet. You see if the instant chemistry is what it is.

Then one of you relocates.

Hermes Thoth
12-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Beefy, love is a lie. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

Hermes Thoth
12-03-2008, 05:37 AM
PSYCH. Just kidding. And even if it is just a case mutual use and childhood fantasies, jump in and get you a piece of the pain. Because who are you to not be miserable?

Chapdog
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
If you still dig her after the infatuation wears off in 18-24months then she is possibly the one.

Cancel3
12-03-2008, 08:22 AM
If you still dig her after the infatuation wears off in 18-24months then she is possibly the one.

And if you don't, you won't have to worry about running into her for those unexpected and awkward meetings in public.

evince
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
But she lives in LA. And I live in Hawaii.

Synopsis:
My last night in LA for the holiday weekend, I decide to call my friends Todd and Helen and see f they want to head to the Corbin Bowl for Karaoke night as I've been doing since 1997. So they agree and say they have this really cool friend that wants to hang out too. So all systems go. I got there early, and hung around a bit and then I get the call that they're in the parking lot. Helen wanted to snap in the car so I got in the back seat only to see a total, gorgeous goddess back there with me. It was instant, instant chemistry. The whole night we danced, laughed, and had a couple of PG-13 moments and we are totally diggin each other. She's literally the girl I've dreamed of my whole life, but she lives 2,700 miles away. Funny how I couldn't meet her here isn't it?

Life goes on.

Right on Beefy, Love finds a way. Take an LA sabatical and talk her into moving to the Islands or talk yourself into remainlanding. check out all the little Beach citys in Cali as a compromise location.

Epicurus
12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah beefy, if you just met her you should totally have a conversation with her about moving away with you.

I can't see how she could find that in the least bit creepy.

/Sarcasm

Cancel3
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah beefy, if you just met her you should totally have a conversation with her about moving away with you.

I can't see how she could find that in the least bit creepy.

/Sarcasm

I am sure there are plenty of women who could overcome their creepy feeling for a trip to hawaii.

evince
12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Did you guys miss the sabbatical part?

uscitizen
12-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Scientists Have shown that love is a form of mental illness. Or at least the effects are the same.
At least the type of love that Beefy is talking about.

evince
12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I once felt the same way Beefy does about a man and it worked out really well.

You have to be Open to Love when it comes into your life.

I thought I was going to get devastated by this guy. He was gorgeous, funny, smart and other women were always interested in him. I went for it anyway because I thought "oh what the hell a broken heart heals". I was honest and open with him and gave of myself freely. It turned out that was just what he was looking for. In time I saw his faults and thought " hell this guy is worth every one of the little picadillos he posseses". People are not perfect but if you find one with the right possitive characteristics and negative characteristics that fit you its a great journey.

Chapdog
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
just put her in a tension loop

Cancel3
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I once felt the same way Beefy does about a man and it worked out really well.

You have to be Open to Love when it comes into your life.

I thought I was going to get devastated by this guy. He was gorgeous, funny, smart and other women were always interested in him. I went for it anyway because I thought "oh what the hell a broken heart heals". I was honest and open with him and gave of myself freely. It turned out that was just what he was looking for. In time I saw his faults and thought " hell this guy is worth every one of the little picadillos he posseses". People are not perfect but if you find one with the right possitive characteristics and negative characteristics that fit you its a great journey.

I have managed to find three women that I considered "great loves" in my life.

One lasted for 15 years, one was a disastor but still worth it, and the third is still going.

evince
12-03-2008, 12:24 PM
What a lucky man you are. I have often thought I could never find another one like the one I have if I lost him somehow. You are a smart guy to realize that even Love gone wrong can be worth the journey.

evince
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
just put her in a tension loop

What is the tension loop?

Epicurus
12-03-2008, 12:52 PM
It's sometimes better not to ask Chap these questions.

evince
12-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey I bet I get a good laugh out of his answer.

Minister of Truth
12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Right on Beefy, Love finds a way. Take an LA sabatical and talk her into moving to the Islands or talk yourself into remainlanding. check out all the little Beach citys in Cali as a compromise location.

When my grandparents on my mother's side first met, he was living in LA and she in N. CA. They still managed to find time to be together before he moved up and settled down. He was a logger in the CCC, so it was inevitable that he make his way up to the north.

Interestingly, all four of my grandparents grew up in Nebraska, but only two of them met there (at the U).

BRUTALITOPS
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
beefy is such a thread hit n runner it gets pretty annoying.

Beefy, you are probably just getting desperate because you are over the hill now. I'm sure glad I'm 23 :)

Cancel3
12-05-2008, 05:43 AM

Beefy, you are probably just getting desperate because you are over the hill now. I'm sure glad I'm 23 :)

Say what you want about hills, I have had more fun in my late 30s and my 40s than I did when I was in my 20s.

And that includes wilder times. A woman in her 30s or 40s is sooooo much better than a 20 something woman. (at least in my opinion)

LadyT
12-05-2008, 07:21 AM

LOL - yeah. Enjoy your twenties. Depsite what these old farts tell you, your thirties are nothing to to look forward to.

LadyT
12-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Actually beefy you've got a great advantage here. Convincing her to come to Hawaii for a long weekend will be pretty easy if you keep in contact with her. I honestly don't even think you'd have to come out of pocket for a whole ticket either.

evince
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
When my grandparents on my mother's side first met, he was living in LA and she in N. CA. They still managed to find time to be together before he moved up and settled down. He was a logger in the CCC, so it was inevitable that he make his way up to the north.

Interestingly, all four of my grandparents grew up in Nebraska, but only two of them met there (at the U).

Cali is one interesting melting pot.
Does it make you want to visit Nebraska?

TexasMeg
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
What is the tension loop?

Oh please do explain this to us Chap! This sounds like it could potentially be pretty entertaining. :)

Cancel3
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh please do explain this to us Chap! This sounds like it could potentially be pretty entertaining. :)

It sounds like something involving bondage. Which, while entertaining, is apparently not a good topic for these forums.

Damocles
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Every time I see the words "The One" I think of Harpo telling me how Obama was "The One"...

Annie
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Every time I see the words "The One" I think of Harpo telling me how Obama was "The One"...

That is what I thought this thread was about, meaning Obama. I sas was surprised. With that said, I think Beefy should do what he can to connect.

Damocles
12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I think too often that the phrase, "Opposites Attract," is a truism. Therefore those we 'connect' with or 'love at first sight' is often exciting at the time, but tends to lead to argument in the long term. Powerful attraction from first sight, IMO, may be a sign of rough times to come.

Minister of Truth
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Cali is one interesting melting pot.
Does it make you want to visit Nebraska?

Actually, my mom moved up to Seattle at the end of the 70's, which is where my two grandparents that had actually met in Nebraska moved out to. I only go to CA to visit relatives. I would really like to fly to Omaha to visit, because the relatives there sound really cool. Also, I have never been to S. CA, but I have some relatives still in LA (and I wanna see OC and Disneyland), which would make for a great excuse. I'm jealous that my brother has been able to go to both places.

evince
12-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I think too often that the phrase, "Opposites Attract," is a truism. Therefore those we 'connect' with or 'love at first sight' is often exciting at the time, but tends to lead to argument in the long term. Powerful attraction from first sight, IMO, may be a sign of rough times to come.

Beefy has the advantage here that his friends knoiw the woman. It sounds like they purposely introduced the two of them. My little Bro was set up on a blind date by his friends because they thought the girl and him would get along great. Funny thing was is they met a few days before the set up. They are now married with a one year old baby girl.

If your friends truely know you they can be of great help in screening prospective dates.

That massive attraction I had to my hubby from first site scared the hell out of me Damo. It worked out OK though.

Beefy
12-06-2008, 12:58 PM

What a buzzkill. Okay G, I'll take your advice and avoid those that I'm initially attracted to. :rolleyes:

LadyT
12-06-2008, 04:24 PM

Hey, Oprah, earths supreme goddess, was right. He was The One.