PDA

View Full Version : How much are we making

Beefy
11-29-2008, 12:43 PM
How much for the ads?

Damocles
11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
They barely pay for the server, but they do make it so I can run the site for free.. Why?

Annie
11-29-2008, 05:05 PM
They barely pay for the server, but they do make it so I can run the site for free.. Why?

I think that very cool.

Damocles
11-29-2008, 05:21 PM
It would be cooler if I could make some real deneg from the site.... :D

Nah, basically with the donations and with the ads I pay for the software license and the server. It basically makes it so that the site pays for itself. I like that, I get to have cool conversations with political addicts like myself and all it costs me was the first outlay and some time to upgrade on occasion and to nudge the server company to keep the site going when something hits the fan.

Annie
11-29-2008, 05:26 PM
It would be cooler if I could make some real deneg from the site.... :D

Nah, basically with the donations and with the ads I pay for the software license and the server. It basically makes it so that the site pays for itself. I like that, I get to have cool conversations with political addicts like myself and all it costs me was the first outlay and some time to upgrade on occasion and to nudge the server company to keep the site going when something hits the fan.

Not to mention you get to watch the few Conservatives try to deal with the true lefties without getting slaughtered, without having to fork over more than a buck or two. All is well.

Damocles
11-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Not to mention you get to watch the few Conservatives try to deal with the true lefties without getting slaughtered, without having to fork over more than a buck or two. All is well.
And the few conservatives get to watch me do the same.

Annie
11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
And the few conservatives get to watch me do the same.

and that is why you are loved. :kiss:

BRUTALITOPS
11-29-2008, 07:50 PM
lol what??? Beefy you aren't getting paid? Damo is forking over a grand a month just to me alone. Maybe you shouldn't have officially stepped down from moderator duties.

Annie
11-29-2008, 08:04 PM
lol what??? Beefy you aren't getting paid? Damo is forking over a grand a month just to me alone. Maybe you shouldn't have officially stepped down from moderator duties.

You are getting a grand? Sorry, your time to die. Where the hell are you?

Minister of Truth
11-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I find these latest ads to be annoying.

uscitizen
11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
I find these latest ads to be annoying.

Keep the ads going Damo :clink:

BRUTALITOPS
11-30-2008, 09:10 AM
i didn't even know we have ads cause I use firefox O_O

but everyone else shouldn't

Minister of Truth
11-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Keep the ads going Damo :clink:

So you find the "Obama: Good or Evil? Competent or No? Did He Buy the Election? Is He Black or Half-Black?" ads to be amusing, do you?

Damocles
11-30-2008, 01:41 PM
The current ad is a dating site. I may put back up just the text ads again. It depends on how annoyed by it I get.

uscitizen
11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
So you find the "Obama: Good or Evil? Competent or No? Did He Buy the Election? Is He Black or Half-Black?" ads to be amusing, do you?

Yes I do.

I view advertisements and rhetoric from a different perspective than most do.
If all or even most viewed advertisements as I do the industry would fold.

Minister of Truth
12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes I do.

I view advertisements and rhetoric from a different perspective than most do.
If all or even most viewed advertisements as I do the industry would fold.

I like them to be entertaining. So, Money Tree "good," JP Wentworth "evil."

FUCK THE POLICE
12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I must admit I logged onto this site from school without adblock, saw the graphical ads, and immediately became disgusted at your selling out.

How much more revenue do flashads generate? They are the parasites of the internet!

Damocles
12-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I must admit I logged onto this site from school without adblock, saw the graphical ads, and immediately became disgusted at your selling out.

How much more revenue do flashads generate? They are the parasites of the internet!
I really don't know. I can change them to text only at any moment. However some of the sites are interesting and some people have been clicking. However they are annoying and I'll likely get sick of them rather quickly. The other ads had more salient sites too.

BRUTALITOPS
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
what idiots actually click on online advertisements? O_o

Annie
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM

Excuse me? LOL!

FUCK THE POLICE
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I really don't know. I can change them to text only at any moment. However some of the sites are interesting and some people have been clicking. However they are annoying and I'll likely get sick of them rather quickly. The other ads had more salient sites too.

Don't mention clicks on the site!

I always preferred text ads because they are less intrusive. That's one reason I always use google. However, if they really do help you break even and people don't start complaining I see no reason not to keep them anyway. I use adblock so I'll never notice.

FUCK THE POLICE
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
YOU'RE STILL A SELLOUT!

uscitizen
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM

Ahh a good one line grind post. finally.
:clink:

+5 USC Points.