PDA

View Full Version : That 655,000 Dead Number Sure Must Have Been Accurate: New Bush Response, Typical

Prakosh
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Iraq Gov’t Moves To Cover Up Reports of Civilian Deaths

The Washington Post is reporting the Iraqi government has ordered its Health Ministry to stop disclosing figures on civilian deaths. A confidential memo from the top UN official in Iraq says the order threatens to disrupt international efforts to gain an accurate measure of the scale of violence in Iraq. The move comes on the heels of a new study last week that said an estimated 650,000 people have died since the US-led invasion three years ago.

uscitizen
10-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Taht darned liberal media must have actually been reporting deaths. we can't have that now can we, that liberal media willo cause us to lose the war.

Prakosh
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
That darned liberal media must have actually been reporting deaths. we can't have that now can we, that liberal media will cause us to lose the war.

It certainly looks like Bush is trying to make collecting the information on deaths as difficult as possible. And this also comes on hte hells of Condi Rice's visit with Maliki, day before yesterday.

uscitizen
10-20-2006, 12:18 PM
he who controls information controls the world, Seems like I have heard that somewhere before.

Cypress
10-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Iraq Gov’t Moves To Cover Up Reports of Civilian Deaths

The Washington Post is reporting the Iraqi government has ordered its Health Ministry to stop disclosing figures on civilian deaths. A confidential memo from the top UN official in Iraq says the order threatens to disrupt international efforts to gain an accurate measure of the scale of violence in Iraq. The move comes on the heels of a new study last week that said an estimated 650,000 people have died since the US-led invasion three years ago.

Its certainly "undemocratic", but from his perspective I can see why he would: chaos, death, and violence are spiraling out of control.

I haven't heard a Bush-fan say in a long time: "Hey! This isn't a civil war!"

Prakosh
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Its certainly "undemocratic", but from his perspective I can see why he would: chaos, death, and violence are spiraling out of control.

I haven't heard a Bush-fan say in a long time: "Hey! This isn't a civil war!"

It's getting harder and harder to say such a thing, today a Shiite Militia has taken over territory. And they are holding a city in the South.