27-21.

Looks like Bama is the shit.

10-0

Cancel3
11-10-2008, 12:18 AM
27-21.

10-0

Not the best performance from Bama, but was by far the best performance from LSU this year.

Still not enough.

And just as a reminder, we did not each have a loss when we met. You took both loses, and we took none.

Next up is MSU, then Auburn. And then we will meet UFL in the SEC Championship. And just like in the first SEC Championship, Bama will win.

After that, it will probably be Texas Tech for the whole bag of marbles. Having watched TT play, I think our Defense can slow them down to a crawl, and our running game can score on them repeatedly.

Topspin
11-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Our qb was pathetic, it wasn't even our 3rd best game.
I did tell you Saban was a football god.

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I was glad Bama had that kind of game. My nails are not so happy today, but they will recover. Bama really needed to play under adversity, and fight to win. It was the one remaining question they needed to answer this year, can they 'come together' when they need to, and win the game. They needed to be tested that way, and I think they passed with flying colors.

Mississippi State is not a 'pushover' team, that game will be tougher than Auburn, in my opinion. Sly Croom has those boys fired up when they play Bama, and the past couple of years, they've had our number. The Iron Bowl... anything can happen, we all know this too well! And the SECCG with Florida, will be no cakewalk. They are arguably the best playing team in the NCAA at this moment, and Tebow is phenomenal. Beating them will be more than deserving of a BCS National Championship shot... For that, I get the feeling it won't be Texas Tech.... I don't know, it just seems odd for some reason.

I know they say the computers figure all this stuff out, but I can't help but believe the 'computer' has some bias toward teams who bring in lots of cash to the promoters of the game. Call me crazy, but it always seems we end up with the two teams who will generate a large fan base and a lot of revenue, as opposed to "the two best teams" in football. If Bama wins out, they are in, no question... but Tech? I can see some 1 loss team 'magically' leapfrogging them in the end, to play in the Big Game. If they lose, that will take care of itself, but I bet it will happen, even if they win out.

Cancel3
11-10-2008, 08:07 AM

I think you have mentioned it a time or two. Lots of folks in Tiger Stadium seemed to think differently about him. :p

Dixie, I agree that MS State will be the tougher of the two remaining regular season games. The best part is that Florida will watch us play these last two and think they will know what to expect. I think they will be in for a surprise.

Topspin
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
lots of Morons in La heck they voted for Mcain.
I love Saban, I waited 43yrs of my life for that title.
And he got millions for the athletic facilities and left it a top knotch program.

Cancel3
11-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Topper, we are not giving you hell because of Saban.

We are giving you hell for the "you are irrelevant" comments.

And now we are going to show MS State and auburn what another loss feels like. And then FL gets to taste the same.

Epicurus
11-16-2008, 01:14 PM
LSU almost got to taste a loss to Troy.

lulz.

Cancel3
11-17-2008, 05:14 AM
And the Tide is one game away from a perfect regular season.

People said Clemson would beat us. Then they said Georgia would beat us. Then they expected Ol' Miss to beat us, like they did Florida. Then the sports gurus thought UT or LSU would pull off the upset.

Now its just an auburn team who can't play offense between us and a perfect regular season.

Oh but Florida is a juggernaut that can't be stopped, I keep reading.

If Ol' Miss beat them than the Tide will do even better.

ROLL TIDE!!

Topspin
11-17-2008, 07:06 AM
You guys STILL don't know how good SABAN is. LSU was just like MISS state a decade ago. Saban totally changed that.

Cancel3
11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Topper! LSU just lost to Ole Miss by 18 points.

Thats the second biggest margin of loss ya'll have had all season.

Maybe Ole Miss ain't that bad after all. They did beat Florida and LSU.

Epicurus
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
They barely beat Florida but I see your point.

They're just Giant Slayers. They play really well against high ranked teams.

FUCK THE POLICE
11-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Interestingly, the two major colleges I'm thinking about going to next are MSU and Auburn.

Cancel3
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Interestingly, the two major colleges I'm thinking about going to next are MSU and Auburn.

What are you planning on majoring in?

Mott the Hoople
11-23-2008, 05:02 PM
27-21.

10-0

Bama is over rated like the Buckeyes were last year. Right now it's pretty obvious that Florida and USC are the best two teams in the nation. Realistically, for Bama after they lose the SEC championship game they will probably play whomever get's screwed in the Big 12 South lottery in the Sugar Bowl.

This years another example of why it would be nice to have some sort of post season play-off as the two best teams are probably Florida and USC and there's practically zero chance of USC playing in the Championship game.

Though it would be interesting if the whomever is choosen to represent the Big 12 South would lose to Missou as it opens the possibility that one of the Big 12 South teams (Oklahoma or Texas?) or USC could play in the BCS Championship game and I think that would be the first time that a non-conference champion would play for the national title.

Mott the Hoople
11-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Saban? Ehhh he was all right in the Big 10, nothing special though he does make a fine SEC coach. It probably helps down there to have a coach that can speak english correctly. :pke:

Cancel3
11-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Bama is over rated like the Buckeyes were last year. Right now it's pretty obvious that Florida and USC are the best two teams in the nation. Realistically, for Bama after they lose the SEC championship game they will probably play whomever get's screwed in the Big 12 South lottery in the Sugar Bowl.

This years another example of why it would be nice to have some sort of post season play-off as the two best teams are probably Florida and USC and there's practically zero chance of USC playing in the Championship game.

Though it would be interesting if the whomever is choosen to represent the Big 12 South would lose to Missou as it opens the possibility that one of the Big 12 South teams (Oklahoma or Texas?) or USC could play in the BCS Championship game and I think that would be the first time that a non-conference champion would play for the national title.

I keep hearing that we are over rated. But no one has managed to beat us. And that includes the team that beat Florida by a point.

After we win the SEC Championship, will we have more respect? lol I won't be particularly worried either way.

Florida is a top team, no doubt. But I think b y the 4th Quarter their defense will be exhausted. I doubt they will be more than a touchdown or so ahead, and Bama will win out.

But I think the SEC Championship is going to be a better game than most of the bowl games.

Mott the Hoople
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I think you have mentioned it a time or two. Lots of folks in Tiger Stadium seemed to think differently about him. :p

Dixie, I agree that MS State will be the tougher of the two remaining regular season games. The best part is that Florida will watch us play these last two and think they will know what to expect. I think they will be in for a surprise.

Don't think so. Bama's a good team, but your not the same caliber as Florida or USC. Bama's offense matches up well but they don't match up as well defensively with Florida or USC.

Believe it or not and I don't say this as a Buckeye fan but following the numbers Ohio State and Alabama would be a great match up with an edge to Bama. There better than the Bucks offensively (with Pryor as a wild card) but the Bucks are a bit better defensively and on special teams. It would be a great match up.

Here's the match ups I think would be best.

BCS Championship, Florida vs USC

Rose Bowl, Penn State vs Big 12 South Runner up (Texas or Oklahoma)

Sugar Bowl, Alabama vs Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl, Big 12 South runner up vs Utah

Orange Bowl, Texas Tech vs Utah

It will more likely be

BCS Championship game, Florida vs Oklahoma

Rose Bowl, Penn St vs Ore St.

Sugar Bowl, Alabama vs USC or Utah

Fiesta Bowl, Texas vs Utah or USC

Orange Bowl, Florida State vs Cincinnati

The whole apple cart gets upset if Missou beats Oklahoma, so that makes the Big 12 championship game very interesting game if Missou can be competative against Oklahoma. If Missou wins, then Oklahoma and Texas Tech are pretty much eliminated from BCS consideration. If Oklahoma wins, they will probably play the winner of the Florida/Bama game in the BCS championship. Since I think the best two teams in the nation are Florida and USC, I'd like to see that match up and that won't happen unless Missou wins. Still probably won't happen. Though I think USC is a better team then Texas, Texas did play a tougher schedule.

Mott the Hoople
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I keep hearing that we are over rated. But no one has managed to beat us. And that includes the team that beat Florida by a point.

After we win the SEC Championship, will we have more respect? lol I won't be particularly worried either way.

Florida is a top team, no doubt. But I think b y the 4th Quarter their defense will be exhausted. I doubt they will be more than a touchdown or so ahead, and Bama will win out.

But I think the SEC Championship is going to be a better game than most of the bowl games.

Well, over rated is a relative term. I think, right now, Florida and USC are the best two teams in the nation. Don't get me wrong. Alabama is certainly deserving of their present ranking and if they beat Florida, hey I"m all wet. Personally I would bet that Florida beats Bama by at least 7.

As for the SEC championship game, it will be a great game but if the Big 12 game is competitive, particularly if Missou wins, that will be an even bigger game just because that its impact on the BCS will be so great.

Who ever wins the SEC Championship game goes to the BCS Championship game, end of story there.

Not so with the Big 12 Championship game where all hell will break loose if Missou wins. That game has a chance to be the biggest game of the year but only if it's close or Missou wins. But you're point is still valid. If Missou loses then my predictions as to the pairings will be pretty accurate and then the SEC championship game will have been a better match up than 3 of the BCS games. That all changes though if Missou wins.

Socrtease
11-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Where is Top I thought he would be in here cussing and spitting and throwing a fit.

Cancel3
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I think our defense stacks up well against their offense. I think special teams are excellent on both sides.

Where we will do well is the serious change of tempo from what Florida is used to playing. Florida has done well against people who try and 'run & gun' to get big plays and quick scores. Because thats what Florida does well. What Bama does is grind it out and punch yards out the hard way. To stop that you have to rush more people. That leaves receivers open. The offensive line we have will get the holes for first downs. Rotate our running backs to keep them fresh and wear down their defense. Once they are tired, we score more. Our defense has pressured everybody just rushing 3. That leaves more coverage.

Also, Javier Arenas is one of the best kick returners playing college ball.

Mott the Hoople
11-24-2008, 06:03 AM
I think our defense stacks up well against their offense. I think special teams are excellent on both sides.

Where we will do well is the serious change of tempo from what Florida is used to playing. Florida has done well against people who try and 'run & gun' to get big plays and quick scores. Because thats what Florida does well. What Bama does is grind it out and punch yards out the hard way. To stop that you have to rush more people. That leaves receivers open. The offensive line we have will get the holes for first downs. Rotate our running backs to keep them fresh and wear down their defense. Once they are tired, we score more. Our defense has pressured everybody just rushing 3. That leaves more coverage.

Sorry dude...I've seen Bama play this year. I think Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and USC are all better teams who have played tougher schedules (excepting USC). I think the top ten teams that match up best against Bama are the two Big 10 teams, with a slight edge to Penn State and a slight edge to Bama vs Ohio State. Bama just doesn't have the offensive fire power as the other 5 teams mentioned and though their defense matches well against Oklahoma, Texas and T.Tech, there not as good defensively as Florida and USC.

Bama is fortunate this year. They'll get the chance to prove their number 1. USC and Oklahoma get screwed and won't get that chance.

There's some good things and bad things to say about the BCS and this is one of the bad things. We need a real championship in college football.

The present system makes the regular season very interesting but it's still an asinine way to determine a champion.

Cancel3
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry dude...I've seen Bama play this year. I think Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and USC are all better teams who have played tougher schedules (excepting USC). I think the top ten teams that match up best against Bama are the two Big 10 teams, with a slight edge to Penn State and a slight edge to Bama vs Ohio State. Bama just doesn't have the offensive fire power as the other 5 teams mentioned and though their defense matches well against Oklahoma, Texas and T.Tech, there not as good defensively as Florida and USC.

Bama is fortunate this year. They'll get the chance to prove their number 1. USC and Oklahoma get screwed and won't get that chance.

There's some good things and bad things to say about the BCS and this is one of the bad things. We need a real championship in college football.

The present system makes the regular season very interesting but it's still an asinine way to determine a champion.

Without a playoff for the NC, its a joke.

I expected Bama to do better this year, but I never expected them to be #1 for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season and one of the very few undefeated teams. Its been a great ride so far. I think we can go the distance and surprise a few more people.

Mott the Hoople
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM

I have to eat my words here a bit. I had it backwards. Bama does stack up well against Florida defensively, you don't match up as well offensively nor have you played as tough a Schedule as Florida.

I still go by my original statement, right now Florida and USC are the best two teams in the country. Texas and Oklahoma are offensive powerhouses but aren't in the same league as Florida or USC (or Bama for that matter) on defense.

Mott the Hoople
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Without a playoff for the NC, its a joke.

I expected Bama to do better this year, but I never expected them to be #1 for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season and one of the very few undefeated teams. Its been a great ride so far. I think we can go the distance and surprise a few more people.

Best of luck to you. I know how you feel. Last year came as a surprise to Buckeye fans. We thought this year would be the year. Tressel is taking a lot of heat over Pryor. His disloyalty to Todd Boekman was devastating to the moral of seniors. The seniors who passed up the pros to come back for their senior year were just livid about Tressels promoting Pryor over Boekman and I don't blame them. It appears Tressel blew of a shot this year at the championship to nab Pryor. Personally I think it was a very bad decision on Tressel's part.

Cancel3
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I have to eat my words here a bit. I had it backwards. Bama does stack up well against Florida defensively, you don't match up as well offensively nor have you played as tough a Schedule as Florida.

I still go by my original statement, right now Florida and USC are the best two teams in the country. Texas and Oklahoma are offensive powerhouses but aren't in the same league as Florida or USC (or Bama for that matter) on defense.

The idea that we haven't played as tough a schedule is a little misleading. The only teams Florida played that we didn't were Vandy, Miami, Hawaii, Citadel and South Carolina. Only one of those teams are ranked. And that Miami, who is certainly not impressive this year.

Now Florida has score far more in their victories. But I don't have much use for "style points". The difference is as much a testiment to their style of offense as it is to their skill. And I always wonder about leaving the starters and stars in the game when you are 20 or 30 points ahead. Look at the times that an injury has cost a player the season, when they didn't need to bein there.

I am looking forward to seeing us play FL.

Cancel3
11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Best of luck to you. I know how you feel. Last year came as a surprise to Buckeye fans. We thought this year would be the year. Tressel is taking a lot of heat over Pryor. His disloyalty to Todd Boekman was devastating to the moral of seniors. The seniors who passed up the pros to come back for their senior year were just livid about Tressels promoting Pryor over Boekman and I don't blame them. It appears Tressel blew of a shot this year at the championship to nab Pryor. Personally I think it was a very bad decision on Tressel's part.

Yeah, that was a screw up on Tressel's part. That was a raw deal for the guy who worked for the team.

Mott the Hoople
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
The idea that we haven't played as tough a schedule is a little misleading. The only teams Florida played that we didn't were Vandy, Miami, Hawaii, Citadel and South Carolina. Only one of those teams are ranked. And that Miami, who is certainly not impressive this year.

Now Florida has score far more in their victories. But I don't have much use for "style points". The difference is as much a testiment to their style of offense as it is to their skill. And I always wonder about leaving the starters and stars in the game when you are 20 or 30 points ahead. Look at the times that an injury has cost a player the season, when they didn't need to bein there.

I am looking forward to seeing us play FL.

No it's not misleading. Only two of the teams Florida and Alabama will have played will be ranked at the end of the season but only 3 of the teams Bama has played have winning records in conference play while Florida has played 6 teams with winning records in conference play. So Florida's schedule has been significantly harder than Bama's. Of the teams in the top 10 (BCS) only Utah and Boise St have had a less difficult schedules than Bama. Still, Bama is the only major conference team that is undefeated. Less difficult schedule or not, they deserve to be where they are.

Cancel3
11-25-2008, 04:27 AM
The less difficult schedule is sometimes tough to factor. Teams will get seriously fired up to play one team and be flat for another.

But I think if Bama can control the game and slow it down, we have a good chance of winning. I am looking forward to it anyway.

Mott the Hoople
11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
The less difficult schedule is sometimes tough to factor. Teams will get seriously fired up to play one team and be flat for another.

But I think if Bama can control the game and slow it down, we have a good chance of winning. I am looking forward to it anyway.

I don't blame you. You're a Bama fan and they've had a great year. I'm still putting my money on Florida.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
My money is on FL too. But BAMA does have a GREAT d. and a good running game.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM

I agree with the need for a playoff... but I disagree with your assesment on who the best teams are in the country. Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech are all capable of winning the national title against Bama, USC or Florida.... especially USC....

The bowl games will be...

Title game.... Bama vs. Oklahoma

Orange... Boston College vs. Cinci

Rose... USC vs. Penn State

Sugar... Florida vs. Ohio State (should be boise state as Ohio state sucks... but somehow Boise State will get screwed)

Fiesta.... Texas vs. Utah

Texas Tech will get screwed by the "no three teams from one conference" rule... which is kind of bullshit as it should be the best ten teams available.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
winners of my predicted bowls

OK
BC
Penn State
Florida
TX

Topspin
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Obama's 1 to 8 seeding is the best available plan

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I would LOVE to see a playoff system.

Lets see who is the national champ on the field.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 01:14 PM
THE sec champion will be the National Champion yet again.
It's great to be the florida gators

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
THE sec champion will be the National Champion yet again.
It's great to be the florida gators

Nope... it will be TX or OK over Bama in the title game.

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Nope... it will be TX or OK over Bama in the title game.

Neither TX nor OK have anything that will stand against our defense.

And we can grind out points against any defense. The best they could hope for is to slow us down for a quarter.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
iF YOU beat fla I agree, you crush the big twelve poser

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Neither TX nor OK have anything that will stand against our defense.

And we can grind out points against any defense. The best they could hope for is to slow us down for a quarter.

LOL.... both QBs for TX and OK are in the top ten in passing yards per game and they are the top two in passing efficiency.

OK is the number one scoring team in the nation
TX is sixth

Bama has a great D and does not give up many points (they are one of the best in the country).... but they haven't yet faced an offense like OK and TX have. Though they will in the SEC title game.

My prediction is that they win a squeaker over FL. Then lose one to OK or TX.

The question I have is what will Bama's Offense do?

Epicurus
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Not much, if the past is any indicator.

Our defense and special teams play better offense than our offense.

Epicurus
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Seriously.

Special teams and defense scored almost all the points against Miss State.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Not much, if the past is any indicator.

Our defense and special teams play better offense than our offense.

So its essentially strength against strength. Bamas defense against one of the top offenses in the country. TX has the 21st ranked scoring defense, so Bama's Offense will face a stiff challenge there as well. OK is down at 60, so likely the easier matchup. But both have to get by teams that can certainly beat them.... OK by Mizzou and Bama by the gators

Epicurus
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm curious to see what our defense can do to Florida's offense.

We shut out Auburn on Saturday.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm curious to see what our defense can do to Florida's offense.

We shut out Auburn on Saturday.

That should give you a good idea of what it will be like against OK and TX, because FL is also a top ten scoring offense. You cannot afford mistakes against their defense... which is why having efficiency from your QB is vital to hanging with them.

Just put your biggest/fastest stud LB and assign him Tebow... nothing but Tebow.

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I think our offense can score on either TX or OK. They will grind it out getting 1st down after 1st down. The opposing defense won't be able to stop us completely. Our line will dominate and we will move the chains repeatedly. By halftime the defense will be ready for a stretcher.

Our defense will hold up well against either of them. Thus far this season we have managed to put pressure on everyone with a 3 man rush. That leaves a lot of men out to defend against the pass.

We have the #2 rush defense, the #5 passing defense and the #3 scoring defense. I think we can manage.

Also, we have one of the lowest penalty rates among the top teams.

Its just that Bama doesn't have lots of flash. Its old fashioned smashmouth football.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I think our offense can score on either TX or OK. They will grind it out getting 1st down after 1st down. The opposing defense won't be able to stop us completely. Our line will dominate and we will move the chains repeatedly. By halftime the defense will be ready for a stretcher.

Our defense will hold up well against either of them. Thus far this season we have managed to put pressure on everyone with a 3 man rush. That leaves a lot of men out to defend against the pass.

We have the #2 rush defense, the #5 passing defense and the #3 scoring defense. I think we can manage.

Also, we have one of the lowest penalty rates among the top teams.

Its just that Bama doesn't have lots of flash. Its old fashioned smashmouth football.

We'll see how you do against Florida, because thus far, as I stated... Bama has not faced an offense the likes of OK or TX.

OK number three in total offense, number one in scoring offense
TX number nine in total offense, number six in scoring offense.

That said, I know Bama is old school smash mouth and neither OK or TX have faced a defense like Bamas. So as I stated, it will come down to strength against strength.

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
That should give you a good idea of what it will be like against OK and TX, because FL is also a top ten scoring offense. You cannot afford mistakes against their defense... which is why having efficiency from your QB is vital to hanging with them.

Just put your biggest/fastest stud LB and assign him Tebow... nothing but Tebow.

Or one stud LB and our noseguard Mt Cody. 6'5", 365 lbs and can slamdunk a basketball. Unless you triple team him, he is getting thru.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Or one stud LB and our noseguard Mt Cody. 6'5", 365 lbs and can slamdunk a basketball. Unless you triple team him, he is getting thru.

while your d-line will obviously help, their job is to take on the o-line and keep them off the backers while putting as much pressure on the backfield as they can. Your 'spy' is typically going to be a backer.

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
while your d-line will obviously help, their job is to take on the o-line and keep them off the backers while putting as much pressure on the backfield as they can. Your 'spy' is typically going to be a backer.

The biggest asset to Cody is that it takes 3 blockers to keep him out of the backfield. Unless you put more blockers up than usual, that leaves a big hole for a LB.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I know bama has speed on D, if you can bust up harvin and co. you may actually beat the gators.

Cancel3
12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I know bama has speed on D, if you can bust up harvin and co. you may actually beat the gators.

Didn't harvin hurt his ankle in the game saturday?
I know two of their defensive players are out.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
The biggest asset to Cody is that it takes 3 blockers to keep him out of the backfield. Unless you put more blockers up than usual, that leaves a big hole for a LB.

OK has one of the best offensive lines in the country. Again, Bama has not faced an offense like OK this year. Obviously we can go round and round on this, so we'll leave it at a difference in opinions and wait and see how this weekends games play out. I would like to see a double Big Twelve vs. SEC matchup, but somehow I doubt that happens. They are by far the best two conferences this year.

cawacko
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
What you would really like to see is Florida, OK, or Texas try and go against the USC defense.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Usc could not stop the beavers. Please stop the fucking small Trojan comedy.

cawacko
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Usc could not stop the beavers. Please stop the fucking small Trojan comedy.

Defense has given up 7 touchdowns in 11 games this year. Please find someone that comes close to matching that.

Topspin
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
You play a high school conference.

cawacko
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
You play a high school conference.

Look at our record against the SEC this decade. 4-0. 2-0 against Auburn including beating them in Auburn when they were ranked #1 and 2-0 against Arkansas including crushing them when they won their division in the SEC. You all cannot compete against the Trojans.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Defense has given up 7 touchdowns in 11 games this year. Please find someone that comes close to matching that.

given that they are the number one scoring defense in the country, I doubt anyone can. That said, they play in one of the most pathetic conferences in the country. Even as pathetic as the big 10 was this year, they were better than the pac 10. Hell, the mountain west provided more competitive teams than the pac 10.

I look forward to watching Joe Pa whip some trojan ass in the Rose bowl. Provided the trojans can hold it together against another weak opponent in UCLA.

Cancel 2016.2
12-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Look at our record against the SEC this decade. 4-0. 2-0 against Auburn including beating them in Auburn when they were ranked #1 and 2-0 against Arkansas including crushing them when they won their division in the SEC. You all cannot compete against the Trojans.

Meaningless.... in college ball, all that matters is what you did THIS year. Your out of conference was what this year? A sad Ohio State team and a really sad Notre Dame?

cawacko
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM

Hey Motley let me ask you this. I preface this by saying I was born in Columbus and most of my family went to Ohio State so even though I went to USC I still love the Buckeyes. I completely understand what you are saying but Boekman started against USC and after that game the realistic chance of tOSU reaching the championship game was almost none. So I don't believe Tressel's decision to play Prior effected the Bucks championship hopes one bit. Even if they had beat Penn State the Bucks would not be one of the two teams going to Miami.

Topspin
12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
that's funny shit, what morons. Pryor is 10x the athlete as the soon to be carsalesman QB. They won inspite of him not because of him.

Cancel3
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
that's funny shit, what morons. Pryor is 10x the athlete as the soon to be carsalesman QB. They won inspite of him not because of him.

Both QBs for Ohio State have completion % in the low 60s. And neither is ranked in the top 40 QBs nationally.

Seems a moot point, other than the promise to a freshman that slapped the senior who has been working and waiting for his chance.

Topspin
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
And unlike your QB who's daddy bought a wing on the campus building, Pryor can and does run very effectively. He'll pay huge dividends in the future besides being better than the cracker senior.

Cancel3
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
And unlike your QB who's daddy bought a wing on the campus building, Pryor can and does run very effectively. He'll pay huge dividends in the future besides being better than the cracker senior.

Who's daddy bought a wing in the campus building?

Topspin
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
the drinking game douche bag
John Parker Wilson
How many gb's get 3 names called every play.
LSU fans drink everytime his name is called out.

Cancel3
12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
John Parker Wilson

douche bag? wtf? I asked a simple question, and a simple answer would have sufficed.

I guess, given their playing ability, LSU fans have to find something else to do besides cheer for their team.

Topspin
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
geez I called your loser QB a douche bag, you bama fans are sensitive. Must be all the losing

Cancel3
12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
geez I called your loser QB a douche bag, you bama fans are sensitive. Must be all the losing

No, I asked you a question and you responded with "the drinking game douche bag".

So either you called me a douche bag or you need to review 3rd grade lessons in sentence structure.

I am not sensitive because of all our losing. Haven't done any of that since 2007. Unlike LSU, who has become irrelevant in the SEC.

Topspin
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG TOO.
TAKING LESSONS FROM DHULA ON MORONIC CORRECTIONS.
Gators are 10 point favorite by the way

Cancel3
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG TOO.
TAKING LESSONS FROM DHULA ON MORONIC CORRECTIONS.
Gators are 10 point favorite by the way

And clemson was favored, and Georgia was favored. No biggie. Who is favored isn't the point. Its who wins.

cawacko
12-02-2008, 04:47 PM
John Parker Wilson

LOL... that's a great drinking game.

Topspin
12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
seriously what other player gets all fist and last name much less middle called every time he throws a pass.
Brady goes deep to Moss
Sanchez incomplete to some other 28 yr old trojan
John Parker Wilson pass to Julio

Cancel3
12-03-2008, 07:31 AM
seriously what other player gets all fist and last name much less middle called every time he throws a pass.
Brady goes deep to Moss
Sanchez incomplete to some other 28 yr old trojan
John Parker Wilson pass to Julio

Because if they said "Wilson pass to Julio is complete at the 22 yard line" too many auburn fans would be looking for a middle aged man with his lower face covered.

Topspin
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
awe!!!