PDA

View Full Version : Bama (Not UGA) Poised to Play for NC!

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Well, after being 'robbed' by the pollsters this week, I shouldn't say it... but the Tide is looking good for having a shot this year. I still can't believe Solitary's dumb ass was rooting for UGA to beat my beloved Tide! Hey Sol, TOLD YA! :)

What I want to know is, how can #5 Texas, leapfrog #2 Alabama, and take the #1 spot... Texas did beat Oklahoma, but Bama has two (impressive) road wins against Top 20 teams! Oh well, it's all the same with the BCS, #2 is as good as #1... maybe better... less hype.

Cancel3
10-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah, you told me that the UA UGA game would be tough. I don't recall it being that tough.

You told me that next year we were gonna kick ass, but it was possible this year that we would mess up some BCS teams season.

All that was back in May, when none of us foresaw the season Bama has posted.

The Tide is back!!!!!

As for why Texas jumped over us, they were a top 5 team who beat the #1 team. Let'em have it.

We will be there for the big game as long as we stay undefeated.

Topspin
10-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Texas looked way better than Bama, talk about leapfrogging your beat clemson 3-3 and highly overated GA and you leapfrog the entire top ten.
Why, because of the Football God Saban.

Cancel3
10-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Texas looked way better than Bama, talk about leapfrogging your beat clemson 3-3 and highly overated GA and you leapfrog the entire top ten.
Why, because of the Football God Saban.

We beat a top 5 team soundly. Thats why we moved up to where we are.

Until the BCS selections positions in the polls are largely worthless.

Topspin
10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Texas beat no#1 that's why they are ahead of BAMA

cawacko
10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Let's face it we are all just waiting for the Trojans to make their run back to Number 1. Hopefully we'll play an SEC team this time in the BCS Championship.

Epicurus
10-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Let's face it we are all just waiting for the Trojans to make their run back to Number 1. Hopefully we'll play an SEC team this time in the BCS Championship.

lulz good joke cawacko. :)

Roll effin Tide. SEC is where it's at.

Cancel3
10-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Works for me, cawacko.

If you think you had trouble against Oregon St defense, just wait till you see what we throw at you. Mt Cody will give you some headaches, and Rolando McClain is probably the best middle linebacker you will face all year.

cawacko
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
lulz good joke cawacko. :)

Roll effin Tide. SEC is where it's at.

Epi I will buy you a drink(s) in South Beach if you want to come visit me on January 8th (or whatever day the championship game is) when 'SC is there.

cawacko
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Works for me, cawacko.

If you think you had trouble against Oregon St defense, just wait till you see what we throw at you. Mt Cody will give you some headaches, and Rolando McClain is probably the best middle linebacker you will face all year.

I have no excuses for Oregon St. We didn't come ready to play and got our asses kicked. However our defense if firing right now and the O is coming around. We've played Auburn twice and Arkansas twice already this decade. I would love to face the SEC again.

Cancel3
10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I have no excuses for Oregon St. We didn't come ready to play and got our asses kicked. However our defense if firing right now and the O is coming around. We've played Auburn twice and Arkansas twice already this decade. I would love to face the SEC again.

It would be a helluva game. USC/Bama would be the shit.

Epicurus
10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Epi I will buy you a drink(s) in South Beach if you want to come visit me on January 8th (or whatever day the championship game is) when 'SC is there.

It's on like butter on bread.