PDA

View Full Version : Sox Ownage thread ALCS

BRUTALITOPS
10-10-2008, 09:12 PM
this thread is where I will plan to rub everything in rstrings face when he gets back from his honeymoon or wherever he is.

FUCK THE POLICE
10-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm moving to Canada.

Timshel
10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I was just getting on to see how long you guys think it will take for ESPN (and to a lesser extent TBS) to spit out the Red Sox dick. I am guessing they will keep it in well after the Red Sox are sent home as the Yanks were and they are still sucking on that one.

Minister of Truth
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
What's your team Stringy? Or, who are you supporting in the event that your team sucks like mine and didn't go to the playoffs?

Timshel
10-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I am from Tampa, so the Rays.

Minister of Truth
10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I am from Tampa, so the Rays.Awesome, I'm rooting for them and the Dodgers.

cawacko
10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Rays kicked ass today.

BRUTALITOPS
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I was just getting on to see how long you guys think it will take for ESPN (and to a lesser extent TBS) to spit out the Red Sox dick. I am guessing they will keep it in well after the Red Sox are sent home as the Yanks were and they are still sucking on that one.

you must not be watching the game very much. Every time the rays come up to bat there is a montage of how much they rocked this season. Everytime they get a hit, tie it up/take the lead the announcers go apeshit.

Timshel
10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Were you watching the TBS broadcast? Before the game they were talking about how the Rays had lost 7 of 9 in Fenway, failing to mention that Boston lost 8 of 9 in Tropicana. They were talking about how Lester was going to really get tough, then BJ hit the three run bomb. They continued talking about how the Red Sox could put up runs in bunches at any moment. In the post game they were talking about how they were surprised by Garza, because they had never seen him pitch before.

Only Eck really seemed to see the problem in sending out Wakefield. I think Francona is crazed to pitch him.

ESPN is nothing but a bunch of homers for the Red Sox and Yanks.

The Rays are treated as the Cinderella story who are out of their league and will be shown reality at any moment.

Minister of Truth
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Congrats to Tampa Bay for a job well done. Right now Langelous is up 3-2 over Philly.

Damocles
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm rooting for the Rays because I think that a team with such a relatively cheap lineup winning is a good thing.

Minister of Truth
10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Fucking Langelous blew it in the 8th inning! :mad:

Minister of Truth
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Check it out! 13-4 Rays at the top of the 9th!!!!

:1up:

BRUTALITOPS
10-15-2008, 06:36 AM
that was a pretty disgusting game. that's the gamble you take with Wakefield though.

Minister of Truth
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
[x] The knuckle-baller fails

Chapdog
10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
rays are best team this year and deserve to win. Disgusting how many fair weather rays fans there are tho.

Timshel
10-15-2008, 11:32 AM
rays are best team this year and deserve to win. Disgusting how many fair weather rays fans there are tho.

Not as disgusting as the Red Sox fans who went from being rather humble to a bunch of arrogant asses.

The Rays had little to cheer for prior to this season. The management was schizophrenic and did not appear committed to winning. They spent too much on washed up free agents. And there was no history of success, not talking about a World Series, but just a year where they were remotely competitive.

But they have been doing things right the last few years. Hopefully they will do better in coming years, but their location is not great. They are in the middle of a bunch of retirees, many living on fixed incomes.

BRUTALITOPS
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
tampa will collapse in a year or two cause they are going to be ripe for harvest. They are going to be a major league farm team.

BRUTALITOPS
10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
red sox blew game two. having masterson going for only 2 outs resulting in us having to go to timlin in the 11th was the dumbest idea ever.

Timshel
10-15-2008, 12:02 PM
tampa will collapse in a year or two cause they are going to be ripe for harvest. They are going to be a major league farm team.

Maybe, but we still have a great farm system. Longo is wrapped up for years. CC and Rocco have already been here for a long time. Maybe, we'll get some loyalty out of a few of these guys and there is incredible depth. I think Kazmir will likely leave, but we have Price to step in for him. Perez and Aybar are guys that could be solid players.

Minister of Truth
10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
The management was schizophrenic and did not appear committed to winning. They spent too much on washed up free agents. And there was no history of success, not talking about a World Series, but just a year where they were remotely competitive.Wow, this statement could just as easily be depicting the Mariners.

Timshel
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
red sox blew game two. having masterson going for only 2 outs resulting in us having to go to timlin in the 11th was the dumbest idea ever.

And pitching Wakefield. The Sox are left to choose which bum to carry/start while the Rays have to decide which of their excellent 5 starters to go with and bench players to leave out.

Timshel
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow, this statement could just as easily be depicting the Mariners.

Except the Mariners have some history of success. Prior to this season, the Rays finished in last every year except one where they finished second to last.

Minister of Truth
10-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Except the Mariners have some history of success. Prior to this season, the Rays finished in last every year except one where they finished second to last.True, but the M's were established in 1977 while the Rays and Marlins both came along in the 90's. I believe 1998 for the Rays? Anyway, the M's didn't have a decent season until 1995, or 18 years into their franchise history.

BRUTALITOPS
10-15-2008, 05:03 PM
And pitching Wakefield. The Sox are left to choose which bum to carry/start while the Rays have to decide which of their excellent 5 starters to go with and bench players to leave out.

dicek isn't a bum. lester just had a bad outing. but he's usually solid. It's not like we only have rags left. that's just foolish.

Timshel
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
dicek isn't a bum. lester just had a bad outing. but he's usually solid. It's not like we only have rags left. that's just foolish.

Timlin and Wakefield are. They were quality pitchers at one point, but not any more.

Lester is a very good pitcher and I don't think he pitched badly, he just got clobbered.

BRUTALITOPS
10-16-2008, 06:48 AM
wakefield is not a bad pitcher. he has a 4.0 era.

His knucleball sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't. Not to mention whenever someone gets on base it's essentially a double seeing as it's easy to steal when someone is pitching 64 miles an hour.

Chapdog
10-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Not as disgusting as the Red Sox fans who went from being rather humble to a bunch of arrogant asses.

The Rays had little to cheer for prior to this season. The management was schizophrenic and did not appear committed to winning. They spent too much on washed up free agents. And there was no history of success, not talking about a World Series, but just a year where they were remotely competitive.

But they have been doing things right the last few years. Hopefully they will do better in coming years, but their location is not great. They are in the middle of a bunch of retirees, many living on fixed incomes.

What makes you think we are arrogant? I have never hear that before.

Rays ownership needs to take next couple seasons with all these first round drafts and build a fan following and then invest into a new stadium and higher payroll.

Chapdog
10-16-2008, 07:17 AM

now that's arrogance. lol

If sox can win tonight with dicek. They may pitch lester on game 6. Then go with Beckett game 7.

I think only way they can come back and take series is if the bats wake up.

Timshel
10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
It's just a fact. The Red Sox are not as deep as the Rays, especially in pitching. The Rays have 5 quality starters and Price (still untested) could be a 6th. The Sox have 3. J.P. Howell is another guy that could be a solid starter.

The Rays also left off their third leading home run hitter. Lot of sloooow guys on the Sox. Navi is the only Ray regular that's slow and Floyd's one of the few guys off the bench. Most of the rest either have decent speed or can fly.

The prospect of Wakefield should have frightened any Sox fan. Especially against a team like the Rays, who are loaded with patient hitters and speed. Wakefield is decent against guys that hurt themselves by chasing.

There is not a Rays starter that I would worry about starting. Kazmir probably is the biggest concern as he can struggle with control. But when he is hitting the zone, he's very good.

When Timlin came in in game 2 all the Ray's fans in the cruise ship's sport's bar knew we had the game won. Out of the Rays pen, Miller is the only guy that worries, but we need him for the lefties and little more. I would not trade him for Timlin, though.

Timshel
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
What!!!

Timshel
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Bring on the Phillies!

BRUTALITOPS
10-16-2008, 07:20 PM
good game well done, tampa deserves it.

BRUTALITOPS
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never count the sox OUT that's what everyone else has done in the past and look how it turned out.

*possibly speaks too soon? O_o?

to be continued . . .

Maple 5
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM
this thread is where I will plan to rub everything in rstrings face when he gets back from his honeymoon or wherever he is.

:clink: not so fast!

Timshel
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Fuck!!! Still got two more.

Maple 5
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Fuck!!! Still got two more.

:cof1:

BRUTALITOPS
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
PWNEEEEEEEEEEEED

Chapdog
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
tampas a good team. but dont get cocky. visit 2007 alcs. visit 2004 alcs.

cawacko
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
God d*mmit Tampa!!!

BRUTALITOPS
10-16-2008, 10:35 PM
lol rstring i like how you mention that we have TWO more. ;)

Chapdog
10-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Dont be shocked to see Lester take the hill in game 6. Hes on 4 days rest and would be a better bet to give the bullpen more rest and force a game 7. Then in game 7 if they are so fortunate to win game 6 they would throw everything including the kitchen sink.

So it is written.. so it shall come to pass.

Chapdog
10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
YouTube - Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Full Version)

Timshel
10-17-2008, 07:54 AM
They just let the Sox have that one so we could win at home and make some more money. :)

Timshel
10-17-2008, 07:56 AM
What really sucks is I could have gotten tix to game 6 and 7 but I am going to San Fran today.

Socrtease
10-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Nice managment last night. Took all the wrong gambles, left a pitcher in too long to bring them back within one. Did NO ONE see the 2004 ALCS? My best friend is Sox fan and he called me lastnight when it was 7-0 to ask if I wanted to give him shit right then. I said HELL NO, 7 runs is nothing to the Red Sox. I was right. Tampa is going to piss this away. That game last night was the turning point. Boston has got their swerve back and is going to be really hard to be now. I also agree. Look for Lester game 6.

Timshel
10-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I thought he should have taken Wheeler out and brought in Howell as soon as Bay walked. Also, he might have should have left Kazmir in longer. He was getting stronger and did not show signs of tiring, though he had thrown a lot of pitches.

If you had told me, going into Boston, that we were going to win 2 I would have been very happy. The Red Sox have to go into St Pete to win two straight now. They've only won 2 out of 11 this season there and only 1 out of 9 during the regular season. The Red Sox are still well behind the 8 ball.

Chapdog
10-18-2008, 08:35 PM
hmmmmm

TexasMeg
10-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I thought he should have taken Wheeler out and brought in Howell as soon as Bay walked. Also, he might have should have left Kazmir in longer. He was getting stronger and did not show signs of tiring, though he had thrown a lot of pitches.

If you had told me, going into Boston, that we were going to win 2 I would have been very happy. The Red Sox have to go into St Pete to win two straight now. They've only won 2 out of 11 this season there and only 1 out of 9 during the regular season. The Red Sox are still well behind the 8 ball.

Looks like sox definitely holding their own right now.

Damocles
10-18-2008, 09:02 PM
It looks like they let them back into the series, it's like watching last year.

Chapdog
10-18-2008, 09:41 PM
all i can say is rays look like different team. Tomorrow will be fun.

TexasMeg
10-18-2008, 09:45 PM
It looks like they let them back into the series, it's like watching last year.

That's what makes it so exciting! Whats the point of watching if predictable?

TexasMeg
10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Looks like Meg needs 1 more beer.

BRUTALITOPS
10-18-2008, 10:58 PM
lol here we go again. Sox are king of comebacks it's just sick.

Minister of Truth
10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
This is becoming the gayest playoffs ever. First the Dodgers get schooled, and now this.

Minister of Truth
10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
TAMPA BABY!!!!

Timshel
10-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Woohoo!!! Suck it baby! Philly, we have a long history of disappointing them.

Minister of Truth
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Woohoo!!! Suck it baby! Philly, we have a long history of disappointing them.It doesn't matter, because as the American League team, the odds are in TB's favor to win. It is my belief that either AL Champion contender can take on the NL Champion team in the World Series and win. Take the Red Sox and Indians of last year against the Rockies. No contest either way.

Timshel
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree, the best two teams faced off in the ALCS. Just like when we beat Philly to get in the Super Bowl.

Chapdog
10-19-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL. good game. You guys squeaked it out. should have been a blowout series based on regular season. Enjoy your year. GL to Tampa.

Timshel
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
The Red Sox are the shit though. Need to get younger but so much heart on that team, was giving me heartburn. I really think we beat the best team left in the postseason.

Minister of Truth
10-19-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL. good game. You guys squeaked it out. should have been a blowout series based on regular season. Enjoy your year. GL to Tampa.Yeah, after dropping two straight, I was in panic mode. Congrats to Stringy!

Damocles
10-20-2008, 07:21 AM
We want the NL to win, because the AL team winning was bad for the economy. I mean, look at the result!

j/k - I want Tampa to win because I like the lower cost teams showing up the big war chests...