PDA

View Full Version : Bigots who don't know they are bigots

Beefy
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I run into these types quite often, in fact often enough that it makes me uncomfortable to know how many of them are out there.

The other day at work, I was waiting for the elevator and one of the lawyers thats a tenant on the same floor as my company says to me "I can't believe Obama even has a chance at winning. Its unamerican, and its not because he's black and all that bullshit we her them crying about all the time, but we're going to elect a muslim who never even knew real father, as usual, to run our country." I'm paraphrasing a little here, but not much.

Most of the time when you hear the disclaimers, ie. "it's not that they're black, but...", or "I'm so not a racist, but...." or "I have a lot of gay friends, but...." that you know you're about to hear some broad brushing stereotype of a group of people who the speaker understands little about, and is bigoted against, often while masking his bigotry by convincing himself that he is really just observing some sort of ugly reality, and that he is entirely objective.

There are several of those here, can anyone name them?

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I actually do not have any Gay friends right now. Not many out here in hillbillyland. They either hide really well or move to Lexington or Louisville.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I actually do not have any Gay friends right now. Not many out here in hillbillyland. They either hide really well or move to Lexington or Louisville.

I'm not really worried about you us. You're a lot of things, a LOT of thing, but you're definitely not a bigot. :clink:

Cancel7
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I run into these types quite often, in fact often enough that it makes me uncomfortable to know how many of them are out there.

The other day at work, I was waiting for the elevator and one of the lawyers thats a tenant on the same floor as my company says to me "I can't believe Obama even has a chance at winning. Its unamerican, and its not because he's black and all that bullshit we her them crying about all the time, but we're going to elect a muslim who never even knew real father, as usual, to run our country." I'm paraphrasing a little here, but not much.

Most of the time when you hear the disclaimers, ie. "it's not that they're black, but...", or "I'm so not a racist, but...." or "I have a lot of gay friends, but...." that you know you're about to hear some broad brushing stereotype of a group of people who the speaker understands little about, and is bigoted against, often while masking his bigotry by convincing himself that he is really just observing some sort of ugly reality, and that he is entirely objective.

Well, unless it’s something like, “ I don’t think cons should be put in camps, but let’s be honest, no one really wants them living next door?”, then chances are I am not the guilty party.

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 02:33 PM

beefy

Beefy
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
beefy

WHAT?!!! Because I call you out on your hourly skewerings at the hands of everyone here, even bad trolls?

Where is this kind of blind hate coming from?

Cancel7
10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
WHAT?!!! Because I call you out on your hourly skewerings at the hands of everyone here, even bad trolls?

SF is being skewered by DH and Onceler as we speak.
Onceler has started to use the F word.

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not really worried about you us. You're a lot of things, a LOT of thing, but you're definitely not a bigot. :clink:

thanks. I think scratches head....

KingCondanomation
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM

That COULD be the reason or it could be they know the angle that they are going to get or could be attacked with and preemptively fend off that argument. We see it all the time on here.

Liberals try that quite frequently with me whenever I show negativity on inner cities (as they presume I am talking about minorities) even though I have consistently said that whites in those areas don't fare any better with more government dependence.

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, unless it’s something like, “ I don’t think cons should be put in camps, but let’s be honest, no one really wants them living next door?”, then chances are I am not the guilty party.

Being anti con is based on attitudes not race, sex, etc...

they are a wide open target.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
That COULD be the reason or it could be they know the angle that they are going to get or could be attacked with and preemptively fend off that argument. We see it all the time on here.

Liberals try that quite frequently with me whenever I show negativity on inner cities (as they presume I am talking about minorities) even though I have consistently said that whites in those areas don't fare any better with more government dependence.

Its pretty easy to tell the difference dano. That's why i referenced the anecdotal story in my office tower. I hear that stuff all the time. Even in Liberal Hawaii.

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 03:04 PM

wow... everyone is so sensitive today.... I was just being an ass...

<insert obligatory Darla joke here>

Damocles
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
wow... everyone is so sensitive today.... I was just being an ass...

<insert obligatory Darla joke here>
I've noticed. It's been funny though. They act like something bad is in the polls for their guy or something. But it is all contrary to reality so that can't be it.

I don't know what got them so touchy today, but it has been some fun.

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I've noticed. It's been funny though. They act like something bad is in the polls for their guy or something. But it is all contrary to reality so that can't be it.

I don't know what got them so touchy today, but it has been some fun.

I dared question the sanctity of the messiah... that always gets them riled.... good little lemmings that they are.

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Darla,
Only Damo and SF, what happened to the Moe ? Did you beat up poor CAW too bad ?

cawacko
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Is there anybody who's not a bigot? Mother Theresa maybe? Can people really honestly say that they don't at some point look at people and judge them negatively based on something?

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Is there anybody who's not a bigot? Mother Theresa maybe? Can people really honestly say that they don't at some point look at people and judge them negatively based on something?

true, I am bigoted towards dumbass USC grads/students...

cawacko
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
true, I am bigoted towards dumbass USC grads/students...

Why you little...

I knew that was coming!

Jarod
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM

Bill Clinton never knew his father.

Bush did however

Beefy
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Damo! Superfreak! Quick! QUICK!!!1! Look UP! UP! There's a joke up there!!!!

:cof1:

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Damo! Superfreak! Quick! QUICK!!!1! Look UP! UP! There's a joke up there!!!!

:cof1:

put the crack pipe down... slowly back away....

Beefy
10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
put the crack pipe down... slowly back away....

Again with the hate.

Back to topic. One of the folks an here who don't know he a bigot is ....

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Again with the hate.

The above is not grammatically correct. Please change prior to solicitation of further conversation.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
The above is not grammatically correct. Please change prior to solicitation of further conversation.

According to those that have met you, a beetle snot could kick your ass. I wave my fist at you.

Mott the Hoople
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM

Well I have a lot of bigot friends....but.......;-)

Mott the Hoople
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM

I know....you got the same problem down there with Hillbilly's....THEY ALL MOVED UP HERE TO OHIO!!!!!!!

Damocles
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
'T'ain't me. Couldn't be. Some of my best friends are white people.

Cancel7
10-07-2008, 04:23 PM
According to those that have met you, a beetle snot could kick your ass. I wave my fist at you.

Really?! So SF is a little nerd, is that right?

Well, that makes him slightly more tolerable.

Cancel7
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Again with the hate.

Well, Dano and Dixie are two of them.

Damocles
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM

I've heard he is short and fat. Of course he must have hired the fit gentleman that I met to pretend to be him.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I've heard he is short and fat. Of course he must have hired the fit gentleman that I met to pretend to be him.

Fit as in 6'5 and 122?

Socrtease
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I dared question the sanctity of the messiah... that always gets them riled.... good little lemmings that they are.You use the word Messiah alot. I don't believe in the concept and don't believe ANYONE has ever been the Messiah. But after 8 years of the fool on the hill, anyone can look somewhat Messianic.

Topspin
10-07-2008, 04:36 PM
It goes to show you that a piece of paper saying you have a law degree doesn't give you social skills above a neanderthal.
Dr's and lawyer are some of the most arogant mutha fuckers.

Socrtease
10-07-2008, 04:39 PM
It goes to show you that a piece of paper saying you have a law degree doesn't give you social skills above a neanderthal.
Dr's and lawyer are some of the most arrogant(fixed) mutha fuckers.You say that word like it is a bad thing.

Topspin
10-07-2008, 04:40 PM
it's is I know a few dr's and lawyers who are humble.
Most think they are far superior.

Socrtease
10-07-2008, 04:42 PM
it's is I know a few dr's and lawyers who are humble.
Most think they are far superior.Humility when false, benefits no one.

FUCK THE POLICE
10-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I dared question the sanctity of the messiah... that always gets them riled.... good little lemmings that they are.

Well, at least you're referring to him by his correct name SF.

Topspin
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Humility when false, benefits no one.

of course a lawyer would think it odd too be humble. LOFL

Beefy
10-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Humility when false, benefits no one.

Arrogance is never real. It is an attempt to protect ones ego, rather than assert one's surety. Otherwise, it would be known as confidence.

Humility is real by definition. If it is ingenuine, then it is just another form of arrogance.

Think about it esquire.

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Beefhead, here is some insightful information for you... ALL Bigots, don't know they are Bigots! Think about it.... when is the last time you heard someone say, "I'm a bigot, and I admit it!" ...Doesn't happen! People who are bigoted, don't realize their bigotry, if they did, chances are they wouldn't be bigoted. Another thing, most of the time, a bigot can somehow justify his bigoted view, this is how he is able to continue his bigotry. There is always a 'reason' for the bigoted view he has, and to him, it makes perfect sense. The primary cause of bigotry, is the fact that we are all 'prejudiced' to some degree. It is part of the human condition, although, many of us will staunchly deny our own prejudices.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Beefhead, here is some insightful information for you... ALL Bigots, don't know they are Bigots! Think about it.... when is the last time you heard someone say, "I'm a bigot, and I admit it!" ...Doesn't happen! People who are bigoted, don't realize their bigotry, if they did, chances are they wouldn't be bigoted. Another thing, most of the time, a bigot can somehow justify his bigoted view, this is how he is able to continue his bigotry. There is always a 'reason' for the bigoted view he has, and to him, it makes perfect sense. The primary cause of bigotry, is the fact that we are all 'prejudiced' to some degree. It is part of the human condition, although, many of us will staunchly deny our own prejudices.

I know bigots who know they are bigots.

What you say is largely true, but there are some who know it of themselves, and are shamelessly proud.

Don't go on some tirade about "shameless" now. I just observin.

Hermes Thoth
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
People who think it's ok to discriminate against white people in employment and educational opportunities are also bigots.

Even though there's no such thing as white people, and even if there were, they would be the worst people on earth.

Beefy
10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
People who think it's ok to discriminate against white people in employment and educational opportunities are also bigots.

Even though there's no such thing as white people, and even if there were, they would be the worst people on earth.

Racial discrimination is obviously bigotry, regardless of the clown face you paint on it. Agreed.

Hermes Thoth
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
This thread is so deliciously ironic. Because most others on this thread support affirmative action (aka racial discrimination); they know they are bigots. So they know it, but they just won't come clean.

How do people get so brainwashed?

I think it has to do with the ideology of those running the military industrial complex.

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I know bigots who know they are bigots.

What you say is largely true, but there are some who know it of themselves, and are shamelessly proud.

Don't go on some tirade about "shameless" now. I just observin.

There are really not that many, I have never met anyone who admitted they were a bigot. It's like admitting you are a liar or cheater, it's just not something humans will generally do. There is always some 'justification' for their actions, some 'reason' for the view they hold, and why they are bigoted. Generally, they believe their viewpoint is correct, and this precludes them, in their minds, from truly being 'bigoted', perhaps they will SAY they are, in sort of a 'sarcastic' way of averting criticism for their bigoted views, but deep down inside, no bigot ever admits they are a bigot.

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I was waiting on the AA card to be played :D

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I was waiting on the AA card to be played :D

He does have a point, which is rare for AssClown!

AA is essentially racist white guilt at it's finest. We are saying, here ya go black people... we know you are too stupid and uneducated to make it on your own merits, so we are going to make it easier for you than whitey. It's saying... hey employer... we know you would never hire a stupid uneducated inferior black man, so we are passing this law to make sure you have to. It says... hey minority, look how easy we made it for you stupid fucks to succeed in a white man's world... vote for us!

All AA does, is diminish the accomplishments of minorities, who will always carry the stigma of being 'helped' by whitey, to get whatever they have gotten.

uscitizen
10-07-2008, 06:16 PM
hmm some clues there.

Hermes Thoth
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Yep. AA stands for Double aces. This sequence of playing cards activates a protective shutdown routine in their programming. The controllers can't afford to have them ever think this one through. So instead they go into a infinite loop until the buffer overflows and the virtual machine kills the whole process.

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
hmm some clues there.

Indeed there are clues there. AA is racist policy, and always has been. It assumes black people can't succeed without a 'level playing field' being given to them. It assumes that all employers are racist bigots who wouldn't hire a person because they were black, because it assumes black people are inherently less qualified as a group. It also assumes black people want someone to give them an advantage over white people, because they 'deserve' it, or 'need' it.

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 07:29 PM

you might want to lower it.... I can't see it way up there

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 07:31 PM

yep... 4'9" 429lbs

But I did get new glasses... no more tape on them.

Cancel 2016.2
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
You use the word Messiah alot. I don't believe in the concept and don't believe ANYONE has ever been the Messiah. But after 8 years of the fool on the hill, anyone can look somewhat Messianic.

I cannot argue with that. Especially the bolded part.