PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Suck

Timshel
10-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I used to be huge Cub fan, back in the day when I had time to follow baseball and we had no team. I was still cheering the Cubs in this post season. But it's kind of sweet to see Joe get some redemption. He IS a good coach.

The Yanks and Red Sox reign is over, post steroid era. I think, we are going to get back to real baseball. All the money in the world cannot create a real team.

Chapdog
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I used to be huge Cub fan, back in the day when I had time to follow baseball and we had no team. I was still cheering the Cubs in this post season. But it's kind of sweet to see Joe get some redemption. He IS a good coach.

The Yanks and Red Sox reign is over, post steroid era. I think, we are going to get back to real baseball. All the money in the world cannot create a real team.

Much of the redsox team is homegrown at this point
Lester, masterson, paps, youk, jacoby.. etc

There payroll will be half of the yanks in 09

BRUTALITOPS
10-03-2008, 11:37 AM

this statement doesn't even make sense. The only person that was on steroids on the red sox was gagne and he SUCKED. Sox are a steroids free team.

The red sox are still one of the best teams in baseball... so yeah, money does have a lot of power.

And as much as I hate the yankees they had a ton of injured players this year. (and, edit to add, they STILL were about .550!)

BRUTALITOPS
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
please renounce accusations of steroids you have nothing to base that on at all... there is no evidence or even valid assumptions when it comes to talking about the red sox regarding this matter.

KingCondanomation
10-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Grind, do you pretty much hate Liberal Boston/Mass except for the sports teams?

BRUTALITOPS
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Dano I'm torn cause we have great schools, we are one of the smartest states in the nation, we are one of the healthiest, we have clean air, a rich history, pretty good weather...etc. Massachusetts is pretty elite in a lot of ways.

The sad thing is, I've been to the south a few times, and it makes me feel stupider each time I breathe. As conservative as I am, I think a lot of the conservatives (mostly in the south) in this country are very stupid people. With religion, their disapproval of science, how they don't speak correctly, how they have lower IQ's, their lack of understanding of basic things like how iraq didn't attack us on 9/11...etc. Most of the conservatives on this site seem completely unconscious when they post on here, like they aren't even real people. They seem like bots.

We need conservatives to embrace science again. We need more intellectual conservatives. It's a sad day in this country when being an "intellectual" or "elite" when running for president is a BAD THING.

btw suck it angels.

Minister of Truth
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Dano I'm torn cause we have great schools, we are one of the smartest states in the nation, we are one of the healthiest, we have clean air, a rich history, pretty good weather...etc. Massachusetts is pretty elite in a lot of ways.

The sad thing is, I've been to the south a few times, and it makes me feel stupider each time I breathe. As conservative as I am, I think a lot of the conservatives (mostly in the south) in this country are very stupid people. With religion, their disapproval of science, how they don't speak correctly, how they have lower IQ's, their lack of understanding of basic things like how iraq didn't attack us on 9/11...etc. Most of the conservatives on this site seem completely unconscious when they post on here, like they aren't even real people. They seem like bots.

We need conservatives to embrace science again. We need more intellectual conservatives. It's a sad day in this country when being an "intellectual" or "elite" when running for president is a BAD THING.

btw suck it angels.

I agree on all things you said except "with religion."

Also, I rooted for the Angels because I am a West Coast guy and they are in my (Mariners) division, but since I am not a fan, I do not take offense to what you said. :cool:

Socrtease
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
The AL East is the best division in baseball period! The two teams in the ALCS are both East teams. 4 of the 5 teams in the AL East were over .500. The AL west isn't all it's cracked up to be. WHile the Angles finished at 100 wins and a .617 win percentage they SHOULD have, they play the AL west. The top three teams in the AL east had a winning record against AL West teams while ONLY the Angels in the west had a winning record against AL East teams and the Sox made the Angels their bitch in the ALDS. Fuck sakes the third place team in the AL East, my Yankees, finished with a better record than the winners of the AL Central. The Cubs choked, the Dodgers are now two down against the Phils and the Phils have no chance on the road against the Rays or the Sox. I can hate the Sox during the regular season but NO DIVISION is better than the AL East.

Minister of Truth
10-11-2008, 05:13 PM
That is true. I don't call my AL West the Peewee Division for no reason. I've been rooting for the Dodgers and they keep losing, and I keep rooting against the Sox to no avail...

BRUTALITOPS
10-11-2008, 06:28 PM
well said soc. Nothing touches us.