PDA

View Full Version : Newflash: Philip Fulmer

cawacko
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Phil Fulmer resigned as Tennessee head coach effective immediately at the request of President Bush. Fulmer will now be the head of FEMA. Bush said that he was impressed by the way Phil evacuated 100,000 people out of Neyland Stadium last Saturday in under an hour.

uscitizen
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't follow sports, but I expect this is a joke ?

Cancel3
09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
And its hilarious!!

That fat fuck Fulmer.

cawacko
09-25-2008, 10:15 AM
And its hilarious!!

That fat fuck Fulmer.

HaHa, there's a guy I work with that is a diehard Tennessee fan and he was out in L.A. yesterday and he is still pissed. As a diehard fan myself I can feel his pain. But as you said... Fat Fucking Fulmer.

Cancel3
09-25-2008, 10:18 AM
HaHa, there's a guy I work with that is a diehard Tennessee fan and he was out in L.A. yesterday and he is still pissed. As a diehard fan myself I can feel his pain. But as you said... Fat Fucking Fulmer.

I am a life-long, diehard Alabama fan. But I had rather see Bama beat tennessee than auburn. And that is really saying something.

cawacko
09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I am a life-long, diehard Alabama fan. But I had rather see Bama beat tennessee than auburn. And that is really saying something.

Yes that is!

Topspin
09-25-2008, 11:15 AM
We went to the Smokeys 3 times in the last couple years and the local fans are brutal on Fat phil. You'd never guess he won them a National Championship.
Life expectancey for a coach in the SEC is not long.

Cancel3
09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, being a head coach at an SEC school is a good way to earn frequent flyer miles with UHaul.

Both Bill Curry and Mike Shula posted 10 win seasons just before they were fired.

Gene Stallings won the Nat'l Championship in '92, and by the end of '93 there were many calling for him to resign.

Topspin
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
that's why you guys have been stuck as a second tier SEC school. Where else in the country do 10 win coaches get fired at BCS schools.
Better hold on to Saban he's proven even if it takes him a while to get to the top.

Cancel3
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
that's why you guys have been stuck as a second tier SEC school. Where else in the country do 10 win coaches get fired at BCS schools.
Better hold on to Saban he's proven even if it takes him a while to get to the top.

Lets see, we were a top tier from around 1960 until the mid 90s. Actually, we won the SEC Championship in 1999.

And we have been a second tier SEC school for about 8 years.

Sounds like normal ups and downs to me. LSU cannot boast a longer run on top. Neither can pretty much any other school.

Besides, the fact that we fired 10 win coaches is a sign of how rabid the fans are AND how high our standards are.

Wait and see what happens when Les Miles loses to Saban 3 years in a row.