PDA

View Full Version : This just in

Beefy
09-21-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm a functional alcoholic, living on an island.

That is all.

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm a functional alcoholic, living on an island.

That is all.Cool, sounds like my glass of beer!

Beefy
09-21-2008, 01:46 AM
And for God Sakes, who's idea was it to have flying cockroaches?

uscitizen
09-21-2008, 01:58 AM
The Asians. We have them in FL too.

And a functional Alcholic ? sounds a bit contradictory.

BRUTALITOPS
09-21-2008, 02:56 AM
im drunk.

in other news, tonight i met a hot girl. we started talking about politics. I of course said my usual lie about how I am liberal (being in a liberal area, this works 95% of the time).

Tonight however, it turns out she was a conservative hot girl, which is super super super rare.

fucking bullshit.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-21-2008, 07:58 AM
The great thing about being a liberal is that the girls like you whether or not they're conservative.

uscitizen
09-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Women know that most con guys are gay or greedy bastards so no use to chase em.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 01:52 PM
im drunk.

in other news, tonight i met a hot girl. we started talking about politics. I of course said my usual lie about how I am liberal (being in a liberal area, this works 95% of the time).

Tonight however, it turns out she was a conservative hot girl, which is super super super rare.

fucking bullshit.

Sounds like the law of 50/50/90. You have a 50/50 chance, and you pick the wrong one 90% of the time.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 01:53 PM
A functional alcoholic on an island infested with flying cockroaches?

Sounds like fun to me.

Beefy
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
A functional alcoholic on an island infested with flying cockroaches?

Sounds like fun to me.

We also have 8 inch long centipedes.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Sounds very tropical. The warmer the climate the more bugs you get.

Buy a pellet gun and thin the population.

Cancel7
09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
We also have 8 inch long centipedes.

Yeah sure. If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard that story.

Beefy
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM

They have purple heads. They ugly.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Reminds me of a very funny story.

In Wisconsin, a weather man had predicted 6 to 8 inches of snow the previous day. The weather had remained clear. The next night, in the final minutes of the local evening news, the female anchor turned to the weather man and asked (without thinking what it sounded like) "So where is that 8 inches you promised me last night?".

The entire studio fell apart laughing. The camera was shaking because the cameraman was unable to keep from laughing uncontrollably.

It had to be one of the most embarrassing events in human history.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Beefy, where are you living?

It sounds like Hawaii or south Florida.

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Beefy, where are you living?

It sounds like Hawaii or south Florida.Hawaii.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, so he gets the trade-off of having flying cockroaches and big centipedes, but has some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet, great weather, very potent weed, and lots of fresh pineapple.

Sounds like Beefy has it made.

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok, so he gets the trade-off of having flying cockroaches and big centipedes, but has some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet, great weather, very potent weed, and lots of fresh pineapple.

Sounds like Beefy has it made.In the Pacific Northwest we don't have the roaches, and we do lack the pineapple. There is very potent weed in So. Oregon, so we got that as well. And of course, it is really beautiful out here amongst the evergreens. Some may knock our weather, but I don't think tropical weather is better than temperate weather all year around. The tropics are great to vacation too, but I could never live through the summers.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
In the Pacific Northwest we don't have the roaches, and we do lack the pineapple. There is very potent weed in So. Oregon, so we got that as well. And of course, it is really beautiful out here amongst the evergreens. Some may knock our weather, but I don't think tropical weather is better than temperate weather all year around. The tropics are great to vacation too, but I could never live through the summers.

I would have to agree with you, 3D. I lived in Florida for several years, and I missed having seasons.

I have not been to the Pacific Northwest, but its on my list of places to go.

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I would have to agree with you, 3D. I lived in Florida for several years, and I missed having seasons.

I have not been to the Pacific Northwest, but its on my list of places to go.

Great! I'm not well-traveled myself, having only been to OR, CA, TX, MS, and FL. Heck, I haven't even been outside of the country yet!

uscitizen
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
In the Pacific Northwest we don't have the roaches, and we do lack the pineapple. There is very potent weed in So. Oregon, so we got that as well. And of course, it is really beautiful out here amongst the evergreens. Some may knock our weather, but I don't think tropical weather is better than temperate weather all year around. The tropics are great to vacation too, but I could never live through the summers.

Just avoid the Seattle Tacoma area. Lots of it is built on old volcanic mudflows, which are likely to happen again someday.

Yep the pacific NW is fantastic. I lived in Beaverton Or for several years.

Beefy
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Just avoid the Seattle Tacoma area. Lots of it is built on old volcanic mudflows, which are likely to happen again someday.

Yep the pacific NW is fantastic. I lived in Beaverton Or for several years.

You're out of your mind. Seattle is the absolute best city on the mainland. Hands down. When I lived there, I vowed never to leave. Then I left. Now I'll never move back to the mainland, save for Seattle.

Sure, there's not flying roaches, but there's also no wahine like we gots here.

Carry on.

uscitizen
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Never say never

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
...Whatever you do...

And the Emerald City is a great place to live on the edge of. I love living in the greater Seattle area!

FUCK THE POLICE
09-21-2008, 10:07 PM
...Whatever you do...

And the Emerald City is a great place to live on the edge of. I love living in the greater Seattle area!

Is there a starbucks every five feet?

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Is there a starbucks every five feet?

The economy has hurt Starbucks. You might even have to walk 15 feet between them.

Minister of Truth
09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I hear they are planning to shut a lot of them down. But, yes, there are a hell of a lot of Starbucks outlets in Pugetopolis. Down in Lacey, we have a successful small chain here, so I haven't actually been to one down here.

Cancel3
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I used to go to Starbucks quite a bit. I preferred Caribou Coffee, but there weren't as many around.

Now I just don't like anything added to the espresso, so I like the espresso I make at home better. Joe Mugs (in Books A Million) makes one of the best espressos around.

LadyT
09-22-2008, 06:37 AM

Mark this day in history. I may agree with you on that. What's the temperature usually?

LadyT
09-22-2008, 06:38 AM
You're out of your mind. Seattle is the absolute best city on the mainland. Hands down. When I lived there, I vowed never to leave. Then I left. Now I'll never move back to the mainland, save for Seattle.

Sure, there's not flying roaches, but there's also no wahine like we gots here.

Carry on.

lol you're so Hawaiian......."The Mainland"

uscitizen
09-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Mark this day in history. I may agree with you on that. What's the temperature usually?

Yhr pacific NW has a higher thn average suicide rate due to the long gray drizzly winters.

LadyT
09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Yhr pacific NW has a higher thn average suicide rate due to the long gray drizzly winters.

I like the idea of moderate weather all year long.

if its between 55-75 all year on average, that's ideal to me.

Minister of Truth
09-22-2008, 09:11 AM

if its between 55-75 all year on average, that's ideal to me.That's about right. In the winter your talking about lows of 33 degrees, highs in the mid forties and an average of about 37. In the summer it doesn't usually exceed 80, and we do get a few sucky days when it hits freaking 90.

LadyT
09-22-2008, 09:19 AM
That's about right. In the winter your talking about lows of 33 degrees, highs in the mid forties and an average of about 37. In the summer it doesn't usually exceed 80, and we do get a few sucky days when it hits freaking 90.

33?

pfft.....

I might as well be on the east coast then.

uscitizen
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
33?

pfft.....

I might as well be on the east coast then.

Often with a light drizzly misty rain.

The sun seldom shines in the winter.

Cypress
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM

if its between 55-75 all year on average, that's ideal to me.

Central Coast, California.

Sucks to be you!

LadyT
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Often with a light drizzly misty rain.

The sun seldom shines in the winter.

The sun is over rated.

I can do just fine without pre mature wrinkles.

uscitizen
09-22-2008, 10:47 AM
The sun is over rated.

I can do just fine without pre mature wrinkles.

Yeah but the 40's with misty drizzles is not too cozy.

that is the pacific NW winters west of the cascades. East of the cascades lots more sun but cold...

Cancel 2016.2
09-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Great! I'm not well-traveled myself, having only been to OR, CA, TX, MS, and FL. Heck, I haven't even been outside of the country yet!

you are young... give yourself time.... I have 49 down... one to go.

Been to 3 other countries... only one outside of N. America... must improve upon that.

uscitizen
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I have been to about 3/4 of the states. Lived in about 6 of them.
Spent a lot of time working in several others.

Been to Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Damocles
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
you are young... give yourself time.... I have 49 down... one to go.

Been to 3 other countries... only one outside of N. America... must improve upon that.
I've been to five, other than the US. Only two inside N. America.

The UK, Ireland, Australia... Mexico and Canada...

LadyT
09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
States: CA, NV, MA, CT, DE, VA, WVA, NC, DC, MD, NY, NJ, FL, SC
Countries: Dominican Republic, France, England, Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Greece, Japan,

Cancel3
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
In the US I have been in Al, GA, MS, LA, TN, FL, AR, KY, TX, NC, SC, VA, MD, WV, OH, IL, WI, (WTF is the abbrev for Missouri?), PA, NY, RI, CT, VT, NH, NJ & RI.

Outside the US; Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico (yes, outside), Bahamas, Azore, Scotland (lol), England, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, and Cuba.

Damocles
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
In the US I have been in Al, GA, MS, LA, TN, FL, AR, KY, TX, NC, SC, VA, MD, WV, OH, IL, WI, (WTF is the abbrev for Missouri?), PA, NY, RI, CT, VT, NH, NJ & RI.

Outside the US; Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico (yes, outside), Bahamas, Azore, Scotland (lol), England, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, and Cuba.
I didn't count Scotland as separate from the UK.

As for states. I've been to them all except Alaska.

Cancel3
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I didn't count Scotland as separate from the UK.

As for states. I've been to them all except Alaska.

I added the "lol" after Scotland because I have technically set foot in Scotland. When I was in the navy we stopped in Scotland to load fuel. I was one of 3 people allowed off the ship for the fueling. I ran to the end of the pier and put both feet on Scottish ground, then went back to work.

Its an old joke with my ex-wife and I.

LadyT
09-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I added the "lol" after Scotland because I have technically set foot in Scotland. When I was in the navy we stopped in Scotland to load fuel. I was one of 3 people allowed off the ship for the fueling. I ran to the end of the pier and put both feet on Scottish ground, then went back to work.

Its an old joke with my ex-wife and I.

If we're counting plane changes I have a couple more to add then!

Cancel3
09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
If we're counting plane changes I have a couple more to add then!

Actual ground in that country.

Nah, I joke about Scotland and I admit it.

uscitizen
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I have a vauge memory of going to Australia, very vague, must have had a good time though, was huhgover for 3 days afterwards